AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 23:34   Link #201
江戸くん
ザ・トロール・ニンジャ

I'm pretty sure that if you asked evilferret, he would tell you that that damned show is cursed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
I might've mentioned it before - Hanada Shounen-shi... yes, the Backstreet Boys OP/ED show. It was a really fun show, but the damn group... I think it was Lunar and S-something quit... Argh.
江戸くん is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:28   Link #202
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

On Twin Spica, I'm just going to say that it's not -that- far away from being done. Kinda.

A capable translator or two would -really- speed things up though. By a lot.

There's something special in the pipeline, too.
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 01:26   Link #203
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
On Twin Spica, I'm just going to say that it's not -that- far away from being done. Kinda.

A capable translator or two would -really- speed things up though. By a lot.

There's something special in the pipeline, too.
Ooooooo... now you've got me anticipating! And you dropped that little teaser at the end to make me salivate even more! Aaaaahhh! I hate you! I love you!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:05   Link #204
Evirus

I'm happy to see Rice-Box back in action. Nicely done.
Evirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 17:54   Link #205
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

Also on twin spica, I'd like to point out that we have translations for the entire rest of the series. But they sort of suck. So if anyone out there fluent in Japanese would be willing to look over them and make corrections, we could put it all out pretty quickly.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 15:08   Link #206
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax
Also on twin spica, I'd like to point out that we have translations for the entire rest of the series. But they sort of suck. So if anyone out there fluent in Japanese would be willing to look over them and make corrections, we could put it all out pretty quickly.
I sent a PM to StarCreator but got no reply, so I'll post here... I'd be willing to look over the scripts if I can get access to the raws (I deleted them after watching them over the summer). Dunno how many I can get through as I'm only on a short vacation, but it should be better than nothing.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 17:27   Link #207
Emiri-san
Get Back, Funky Cat!

Send a message via AIM to Emiri-san
Tenshi Ne Narumon / "I'm Gonna Be Angel"

I'm not sure if they stopped or if they are just slow. I have the first two and I read in Newtype that the third one was to be released but...nothing. Hopefully they will put it out. ^^*
Emiri-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 00:06   Link #208
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

ChoBaka - sorry, I don't read these forums very often (maybe once every other week), and check my private messages even less. =p Talk to Zarxrax though, not me.

Emiri-san, this discussion is for fansubs rather than DVD releases... updates on Tenshi ni Narumon can be seen on the Synch-Point Production Blog.
Old 2004-12-23, 01:09   Link #209
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Neko
Selfish fairy Mirumo de Pon and Pita ten from HnK.
Maybe the group that subs it got problems or something...
Gues i'll just have to wait. If Pita ten get license i will buy it.
Mirumo de Pon is licensed actually ^-^" nobody did add it to the licensed list

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...ime.php?id=935
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 12:38   Link #210
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

ShoPro is a master licensor and not a release company, thus it doesn't fall under the licensed category. It has been explained in detail in the past, but the most important part is that a license by a mastor licensor doesn't guarantee a release. Master licensors basically act as "middleman" companies, and attempt to get one of the release companies to license from them and do all the work, etc. They don't actually do any of the work themselves. This is why they are generally not counted in license lists. (The biggest master licensors in the US are Enoki Films and ShoPro.)
Old 2004-12-23, 20:14   Link #211
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
ShoPro is a master licensor and not a release company, thus it doesn't fall under the licensed category. It has been explained in detail in the past, but the most important part is that a license by a mastor licensor doesn't guarantee a release. Master licensors basically act as "middleman" companies, and attempt to get one of the release companies to license from them and do all the work, etc. They don't actually do any of the work themselves. This is why they are generally not counted in license lists. (The biggest master licensors in the US are Enoki Films and ShoPro.)
AHHH ok thank you that makes so much more sense. I was wondering ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 00:46   Link #212
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Is Soldats still subbing Detective Academy Q? It's easily the best detective anime of the past few years, and it would be a shame if it ended up getting dropped.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 01:41   Link #213
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Live-eviL is doing the show also, but I understand your desire to see Soldat's finish it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-29, 02:26   Link #214
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
I read on their site that Solar was doing Genshiken. but like they stopped at 8 and they are already done over in japan. Anyone have any info on that?
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 02:29   Link #215
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Is Soldats still subbing Detective Academy Q? It's easily the best detective anime of the past few years, and it would be a shame if it ended up getting dropped.
The TGQ editor (who does not have an account here) apologizes for her brief foray into the realm of not failing out of school and will be returning to work soon.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 02:30   Link #216
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeStoppable
I read on their site that Solar was doing Genshiken. but like they stopped at 8 and they are already done over in japan. Anyone have any info on that?
Since the japanese company that produces Genshiken, MFI, does not want their properties spread through fansubs nobody will have any information.

If you want to know more, read Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
The TGQ editor (who does not have an account here) apologizes for her brief foray into the realm of not failing out of school and will be returning to work soon.
Yay! That's marvellous news! I'm happy that she isn't failing and even happier that she's resuming work on Tantei Gakuen Q.

Old 2004-12-29, 02:33   Link #217
bayoab

Both groups are still working on Tantei Gakuen Q. The slow releases for this show are nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeStoppable
If you actually did read their site, you would know the reason. It is clearly stated there. Go back and read it again.

Edit: Damn, beaten to it...
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:18   Link #218
sothis

Quote:
I know many of these types of threads are looked down upon, but I just had to ask... Is Seichi continueing the Ayatsuri Sakon series, or is any group picking it up? It's been more then a while since their latest release of it. When I first heard they had picked it up I was estatic, but knowing it won't be completed is kind of heartbreaking.
agreed

i attempted to rally up interest for this before it was picked up, and was so happy it finally was! alas, i'm back to disappointment-land ^_^;

people have mentioned twin spica already, but i mirror the sentiment that i'd *love* to finish it . i stopped around 7 because i knew it would be forever till i could see the end, so i plan on watching the entire thing through from episode 1 if/when it's ever finished.

also, gakkou no kaidan which i mention quite often, though it appears another group has finally picked it up! they've only released 1-8 or so, so i look forward to hopefully FINALLY being able to finish that too someday.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 17:30   Link #219
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Perhaps you missed the news Sothis, the group that is going to be finishing Gakkou no Kaidan is ADV Films.

Old 2004-12-29, 17:51   Link #220
sothis

ooo it got licensed? fantastic. now i just hope they release all of it relatively quickly ^_^;;
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote