AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-09, 00:54   Link #241
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmm, I've always been interested in this and have wanted to check it out, but how do you guys play it? Do you actually go to tournaments, or is there some kind of online way to play against others?

And the links in the OP post are dead.
Old 2015-02-09, 08:53   Link #242
GDB

You can play online via Skype (there are Facebook groups dedicated to people who want to play like this), but personally I prefer to play in person. The trick is just finding places that have events (be they tournaments or just fan run stuff), as some areas are completely dry.

Best resources are the Weiss Schwarz North American group (if you're in NA, of course), the WS website itself (always call first, some are on the list just because they have Vanguard), and googling your area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
L3 Archers are great and all, but they honestly don't help much except for the heal (which btw is a lot unless you're playing against Burn decks and KC and KLK which has anti-fun.)
To be fair, he does blow up any climax based burn like one of the two Angel Beats has.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 10:52   Link #243
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, he does blow up any climax based burn like one of the two Angel Beats has.
Keeping the Climaxes in hand, especially when nearing Refresh, requires know-how of the next player's next move. A seasoned player who knows F/Z will not just play Climaxes with a L3 Archer on field, especially when that player's nearing Refresh.

===

As for how to play:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

is probably your best bet.

And there's also http://www.tradecardsonline.com/ which allows virtual tables (basically manual online), so long as you can afford waiting for a player there. (the communication side lacks a bit, so either wait a bit long for a random player to show up, like me occasionally, or invite me through other means like this forum.)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 11:01   Link #244
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Keeping the Climaxes in hand, especially when nearing Refresh, requires know-how of the next player's next move. A seasoned player who knows F/Z will not just play Climaxes with a L3 Archer on field, especially when that player's nearing Refresh.
If he's keeping a burn deck from burning then he's more than pulling his own weight, even if he isn't actively blowing their climaxes up.
Old 2015-02-09, 11:13   Link #245
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
If he's keeping a burn deck from burning then he's more than pulling his own weight, even if he isn't actively blowing their climaxes up.
There is actual merit in not using a combo for one turn you know. If a player simply attacked and allowed the opponent to Refresh, that's one Climax in the hand and not in the Deck, which actually has merit, especially when it means only 7 CX left in Deck. Not to mention you don't have to keep the CX in hand (for example instead of playing 3 L3 Yuri just play 3 L0 Kanade and search for days discarding extra CX in deck) while the opponent does.

Again, a seasoned player KNOWS when should one go for game. Even if the next turn a CX combo gets Archer'd, it doesn't matter as much as it was before Refresh.

Also, surprise surprise, L3 Yuri's on play skill is draw 2 discard 1, so they don't have to keep CXs in hand. Again, the F/Z player does. It's all about timing.

Then again, I'm not someone who thinks these things, because I don't need to: instead I use L3 Nico, which does not rely on stupid CXes.

tl;dr: anything that requires keeping CXs in hand to work is wishing for a death wish, or a mind game. Which does not work btw since CXs can be counted in the waiting room and the only way to bluff is by playing Excalibur.
Old 2015-02-09, 13:30   Link #246
GDB

But that's all assuming that only the opponent is thinking things through. And personally, I usually refresh my F/Z deck within a turn of hitting level 2 (unless I had to spam brainstorm due to going through too many climaxes early). Drawing an Ea and holding it after that won't really affect any further refresh.

And if the burning deck decides to hold a climax so as to not get it blown up until after F/Z refreshes, logically they'd be around the same point as far as refreshing goes. So they'd be holding a climax during refresh just as often as Archer does. Most decks don't have climax searchers, after all. Sure, Yuri might be able to draw 2, but even assuming a 30 card deck after refresh, that's only 4 cards. The probability of drawing a copy in 2 cards out of a 30 card deck is only 25.3%. And don't bring natural draw and clock drawing into this, because Archer can do that too.

Remember, I'm not saying Archer auto wins against climax burning. I'm just saying his value is vast, and he more than pulls his own weight. Knocking the opponent from a 100% chance to burn for 3 damage plus extra soul down to a 25% chance is amazing. And this is only climax burning, not natural burning like you get from things like Nisekoi.

Still, ordering a few level 3 Sabers online. Hoping they arrive by Friday so I can switch the Green out to Yellow and give the Excaliblast build a try.
Old 2015-02-10, 21:22   Link #247
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
The probability of drawing a copy in 2 cards out of a 30 card deck is only 25.3%.
That is one, not considering natural draw and clock-draw (and it's not like AB decks need to clock-draw at that point). And two, considering they only have one L3 Yuri. We all know that may not be the case, so if they happen to have 3 instead, the probability increases to 61.2% (again, not including natural and clock-draw), highly probable in AB decks due to its use of it rather subtle use of Operation Tornado to gather the necessary pieces, among others. But again, point taken.

(BTW, if you include natural draw clock-draw, the total probability that a player will draw After the Battle in a 30 card deck within the turn, when playing 3 Yuris, is 78.16%)

Quote:
And if the burning deck decides to hold a climax so as to not get it blown up until after F/Z refreshes, logically they'd be around the same point as far as refreshing goes. So they'd be holding a climax during refresh just as often as Archer does.
That wasn't really the point.

The true case of the matter is the difference between an "opponent's turn" effect and a "your turn" effect. Here's the thing: Archer's skill activates during the opponent's turn, while Yuri's your turn. There's a distinct advantage in this: an AB player can actually discard the climax via (meaningful) effects before refresh (unless it was during opp's turn, then again, L0 Kanade and others can do that just fine either turn.) while when a player using Archer does not use the climax, he needs to actually wait for the opponent to play the climax in order to be able to discard his/her climax and include it within the next refresh, unless I haven't been informed about a new effect for F/Z that allows you to discard during the opp's turn.

This is what I mean when Archer needs to hold the CX while the AB player does not, because I've seen so many games where a held CX in the hand (which didn't make it back in the deck) made all the difference in the game. Most of the times I see an AB player win it is actually NOT because of the CX combo anyway, but because of memory effects compressing the deck so much. And Change.

Again, I'm not arguing against your point, as they're valid ones, after all. I'm just clarifying things.
Old 2015-04-02, 20:00   Link #248
Top Sergeant

Picked up the Nisekoi starter deck a few weeks ago. Its a pretty fun one!

Looking forward to May when Kancolle comes out in English!
Old 2015-07-13, 07:44   Link #249
kyoyagami911

I'm kinda surprised that some people here play this.

Even though this month released Attack on Titan TD and will release the booster set at the end of this month, I wanna know what kinds of deck will be made from those. Of course, UBW set will be released next month on English and the EN version of Log Horizon on October.
kyoyagami911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 09:04   Link #250
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

There's also the new Charlotte BP/TD and Dog Days'' coming out in JP. There's never a bad time to play this game
Old 2015-07-13, 19:58   Link #251
kyoyagami911

Yep.

I could be wrong on this one, but you're that guy aren't you?

Last edited by kyoyagami911; 2015-07-14 at 00:55. Reason: he asked for the removal of his name
Old 2015-07-13, 21:25   Link #252
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

It wasn't THAT hard to trace my name. :P

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2015-07-13 at 23:31.
Old 2015-07-13, 22:41   Link #253
kyoyagami911

Yep. I was right, and we played once before. It's on NG, near your place which I am not gonna bother.
Old 2015-07-13, 23:42   Link #254
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoyagami911 View Post
Yep. I was right, and we played once before. It's on NG, near your place which I am not gonna bother.
For the sake of privacy and forum etiquette you might want to exclude my name though. This isn't a thread visited much but I would appreciate it.

On topic... they made a 0/0 that can kill other really low power 0/0s now.
Old 2015-07-14, 00:56   Link #255
kyoyagami911

is that the Levi that also gives global 500?

I for one hope to see more Levi decks than Eren ones because I just hate Eren. Hehehe.
Old 2015-07-14, 01:36   Link #256
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoyagami911 View Post
is that the Levi that also gives global 500?

I for one hope to see more Levi decks than Eren ones because I just hate Eren. Hehehe.
It's probably going to be quite a staple because it stops AB onreverse effects and memory antiheal.
Old 2015-07-14, 03:00   Link #257
kyoyagami911

Most likely.

Aside from Levi deck, I want to see a pure Titan deck that is most likely to be a brick wall that only few people can break.
Old 2015-07-20, 06:17   Link #258
GDB

For AoT, it's looking like you either play green (and splash in yellow or red, your choice but red is likely the better color because red is red) or blue (maybe splash yellow). Green's the only color with a finisher, so for that reason alone it will be nearly mandatory.
Old 2015-12-21, 06:09   Link #259
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

So many good Japanese / English sets incoming (and those that already came):
Charlotte
Symphogear G
Dog Days Double Prime
Kantai Collection Abyssal Fleet (wut)
Love Live! The School Idol Movie
Monogatari Season 2 (Hell it's about time)

(EN)
HARUHI! Yes, 2006 Haruhi!. In 2016! After 10 YEARS!
Nisemonogatari
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls (with more than 15 SPs, wew, GL imasfans)

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss