AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 07:26   Link #501
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
When specifically?

And if I do, lots of other people do as well. I'm not the only one who forgets scenes or lines from a show.
75% of the time

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 07:33   Link #502
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
YES! THANK YOU! Haha!

I'm so glad Sakamoto-san never became a seiyuu for any of the MAIN characters in Frontier....if she had, I would have boycotted the show.

Although if she is indeed doing a minor role, I can tolerate it.
Watch as Maya stars as Emilia from Macross 7, doing a rock concert for the Zents

That'd be friggin' funny.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 07:40   Link #503
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Watch as Maya stars as Emilia from Macross 7, doing a rock concert for the Zents

That'd be friggin' funny.

- Tak

Argh....that would probably bring tears to my eyes...

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-03, 07:42   Link #504
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

Argh....that would probably bring tears to my eyes...

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Would that be tears of joy, or tears of absolute loathing?

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 07:50   Link #505
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Would that be tears of joy, or tears of absolute loathing?

- Tak
Loathing.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-03, 08:27   Link #506
Wesley84

Quote:
75% of the time

- Tak
Well that's total bullshit thank you.
Old 2008-07-03, 08:29   Link #507
Westlo
Lets be reality

No bullshit is saying something like "You were disagreeing with me that Gundam Seed was inspired in part by Star Wars so nyah" and than not being able to find the post when provided a link to the discussion.
Old 2008-07-03, 08:31   Link #508
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No bullshit is saying something like "You were disagreeing with me that Gundam Seed was inspired in part by Star Wars so nyah" and than not being able to find the post when provided a link to the discussion.
Same to you.
Old 2008-07-03, 18:11   Link #509
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Same to you.
Now you're just getting desperate...

Anyway back on topic...So Grace tried to kill Sheryl...any theories about what Sheryl going to do about it?
Old 2008-07-03, 18:20   Link #510
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Anyway back on topic...So Grace tried to kill Sheryl...any theories about what Sheryl going to do about it?
Trust issues? Growth? Aside from Grace, there isn't anyone remotely close to Sheryl that we've seen... except...

... Alto.

*drumroll*

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-03, 18:32   Link #511
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Trust issues? Growth? Aside from Grace, there isn't anyone remotely close to Sheryl that we've seen... except...

... Alto.

*drumroll*
Oh God what have I done...

I'm going to leave before the irrational fanatics start flooding in...

But seriously she still has everyone on Frontier thats got to count for something.
Old 2008-07-03, 18:37   Link #512
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh God what have I done...
I posted with sarcasm even though its mostly the truth.

But you're right in one aspect... I'm also going to run away before this thread blows up again.

Old 2008-07-03, 19:36   Link #513
ickem
シェリルの為に!

I think episode 13 showed again just how strong of a person Sheryl is. She takes things into her own hands and doesn't wait for someone else to do stuff for her. She will be fine even with the "loss" of Grace after a period of depression. As she was about to say to Michel in the cockpit, she has control (over her life). It fits very nicely with one of her blog entries.

P.S. I can help but notice the huge contrast between how Sheryl looks in the plain flight suit and how Ranka looks in it.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:48   Link #514
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Episode 13 Spoilers

English version of Sheryl: Personality Dissection [Y/N]?

On the subject of character development, Sheryl is closely linked with the development of the love triangle since she doesn't seem to have much effect on the main story right now. Sheryl has always been an outgoing, confident and colorful with the "I am Sheryl Nome" sass and all.

It was during her tumble down from her throne in Alto's heart and career that it urges her character development to go to a number of ways : the pitiful "underdog" position where Ranka used to be, or the jealous, spiteful third wheel that wants to claw out the eyes of a girl who intruded in her speshul time with Alto-hime. I was expecting her to fill out either of these roles, the latter role more probable in that I somewhat agree at first with ani_d's adamant belief that they already used the sympathy card on Ranka, so I wasn't expecting Sheryl to pick up where Ranka left off. However, not only did Sheryl settle into Ranka's previous role, (imo) she did a better job at it.

Sheryl's development in this episode just blew me out of the water. We find out that Sheryl never once blamed Ranka for upstaging her, and that her moment of frustration was directed solely to herself. She never once angsted about Ranka taking her place in the skies last episode. She was able to bounce back to her good nature really quickly, which is commendable. For those looking for a dramatic catfight, you won't see it from Sheryl, since it seems she's going to either step back or take it with class.

Even though Sheryl is now in the background in love and career, it's great that she didn't allow it to rob her of her best qualities, and we see her striving to do what she thinks her abilities can do in the situation.

And that little moment Sheryl had when she heard the desperation in Alto's cry for Ranka, before she recovers and orders everyone to lay their lives down for Ranka, this is definitely no spiteful third wheel here, and I believe they wanted to push that point when they managed to seep in that one vulnerable moment in the midst of a crazy-assed battle.

I'm not sure how Sheryl will take AltoxRanka since she and Alto were never in a relationship to begin with. The series was building up a good, firm "more than friends, less than lovers" theme between them, and we see Sheryl opening up to Alto, but whether she will continue to do so now that his attention is completely focused on Ranka is up in the air. She seems to be quite awkward when it comes to the matters of the heart.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:33   Link #515
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'll be there for Sheryl if Alto doesn't see what he's missing with her. If he chooses Ranka, I'll be there to catch her, and help carry her back.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:50   Link #516
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'll be there for Sheryl if Alto doesn't see what he's missing with her. If he chooses Ranka, I'll be there to catch her, and help carry her back.
Oh no. You'll have to fight over my dead body first! She is mine! MINE!
Old 2008-07-03, 21:35   Link #517
herbert

Stop these nonsense. Sheryl is not a good for you to bid. You offer yourself, Sheryl does the pick.
Old 2008-07-03, 22:23   Link #518
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Despite all this lighthearted talk.

Am I only one racking my boots wondering how in the world a SherylxAlto pairing will work now? In any situation I can think of, it seems like the Love Triangle is pretty much shot given Sheryl's personality.

Ugh, I knew this was going to happen with the upcoming episodes. Just gotta hope that things will even out. After all, Ranka's supermove surprised us to no ends.

Old 2008-07-03, 22:46   Link #519
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Despite all this lighthearted talk.

Am I only one racking my boots wondering how in the world a SherylxAlto pairing will work now? In any situation I can think of, it seems like the Love Triangle is pretty much shot given Sheryl's personality.

Ugh, I knew this was going to happen with the upcoming episodes. Just gotta hope that things will even out. After all, Ranka's supermove surprised us to no ends.
It can, but I doubt a supermove will work.

More importantly, who's going to manage Sheryl now? 'the president' himself, Elmo Kridanik?
Old 2008-07-04, 00:03   Link #520
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Stop these nonsense. Sheryl is not a good for you to bid. You offer yourself, Sheryl does the pick.
DYRL Roy Fokker: A Man... Has to take charge! He has to just take her! -hic- Here... Let me show you....

I've learned from the master. Sheryl can't reist.

Tags
characters