AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 14:43   Link #12661
DgBarca

Virgilia said that she was once in heaven...
The new guy could be...HER HUSBAND ! *die by mackerel*
Also, most of the kakera are stained with blood or something like that in the OP...

I can also see :
-Dlanor slashing the gameboard with her sword
-Mostly everything in the OP is the forest/kuwadorian/the chapel
-Seagulls
-FUCKIN' BRIGHT SUN.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:43   Link #12662
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Sooo the woman is indeed flat chested and the guy is the only person apart Kanon to have special "both hands in the pockets" skill
Hmm the new "woman" looks like a guy with those clothes and flat-chest (it's both in Ryukishi's art and the portrait, he probably did have a serious talk with the artist how to make the portraits)... Then I'll quess that it's the other Battler, a child of Krauss and Kyrie, Jessica's brother? Even if he is sorta trappy to someone, I already kind of like him. He's not that much like a woman to me (except her face), though he probably fooled us all first (me included), if it turns out like that. It's not set in stone which gender it is however, but I see no problem of him/her being either gender.
And for the anchor-necklace guy, as he has two hands in his pockets... He's also the other Battler? So these two new guys are two possible "other Battlers"?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:44   Link #12663
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
By the way, a few things to consider. Is the guy wearing a necklace shaped like a boat anchor?

Also.. if Dlanor is still around (yay!) who's the one keeping her around? Yes, Bernkastel wants her around but in-story, who controls them? Maybe it's the new girl...

Interesting to note: girl is red, guy is blue. So once again they fall under primary colors. 8)
Who knows maybe Erika will still appear in some form, like the black witch.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:48   Link #12664
Kylon99

Erika is too obnoxious to die.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:54   Link #12665
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

hmmm i'm kinda torn apart between the theory that the new woman is future Jessica and the original person behind shkanontrice.

There are good points in both theories... I hope this won't turn out to be a shkanonjessitrice...

The brooch of this new woman is similar enough to Natsuhi's to be considered the same brooch. In that case only Jessica would wear it after her mother's death.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:56   Link #12666
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
There are good points in both theories... I hope this won't turn out to be a shkanonjessitrice...
There's nobody but Battler and Shkanonjessitrice on the island. The remaining 15 people are the police crime scene team!

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:57   Link #12667
chronotrig

Quote:
hmmm i'm kinda torn apart between the theory that the new woman is future Jessica and the original person behind shkanontrice.

The brooch of this new woman is similar enough to Natsuhi's to be considered the same brooch. In that case only Jessica would wear it after her mother's death.
Well, if it is Shkanon, then she's definitely trying to look like Jessica with that outfit. If she's tried dressing up as different people before, what's to stop her from doing Jessica after the latter's death? (for example)

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:58   Link #12668
DgBarca

I noticed...when the characters scroll hyper fast
Only Hideyoshi has a gun...
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:59   Link #12669
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
There's nobody but Battler and Shkanonjessitrice on the island. The remaining 15 people are the police crime scene team!
And they would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!

And your witches!

And your parents!

And your butler!

And your chef!
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:01   Link #12670
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Also, just after that forest BG, it shows somebody (we only see one hand) shooting with a rifle repeatedly, multiple times, extremely fast. Or so it seems like. Definitely something how'd FT would look like if it happened with culprit shooting everyone on the spot.
Old 2010-07-04, 15:02   Link #12671
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Hmm the new "woman" looks like a guy with those clothes and flat-chest (it's both in Ryukishi's art and the portrait, he probably did have a serious talk with the artist how to make the portraits)... Then I'll quess that it's the other Battler, a child of Krauss and Kyrie, Jessica's brother?
And for the anchor-necklace guy, as he has two hands in his pockets... He's also the other Battler? So these two new guys are two possible "other Battlers"?
Oops I'm writing silly tonight. Other Battler must be Asumu's daughter right? So not KyriexKrauss... Maybe AsumuxKrauss
And main reason for suspecting the blue dressed guy as another Battler is the red piece of hair. But pocket-hand is also possible explanation.

Uhh when did Natsuhi get a brooch, I don't remember. Was it EP5? She got a scorpion charm in EP1...
Old 2010-07-04, 15:03   Link #12672
Kitsu
The unlucky one

What bothers me is... if that girl is from the future..why does she have the ring if Ange should be in its possesion?
Old 2010-07-04, 15:05   Link #12673
Kylon99

Quote:
Uhh when did Natsuhi get a brooch, I don't remember. Was it EP5? She got a scorpion charm in EP1...
Natsuhi always wears a green brooch around her 1800's style necktie. 8)
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Natsuhi_Ushiromiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
What bothers me is... if that girl is from the future..why does she have the ring if Ange should be in its possesion?
Ange is dead in 1998. So.. she's either really dead or she's running away or something. Either way, dead enough to the Ushiromiya or their company, enough to find a new successor.
Old 2010-07-04, 15:12   Link #12674
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Ange is dead in 1998. So.. she's either really dead or she's running away or something. Either way, dead enough to the Ushiromiya or their company, enough to find a new successor.
The problem is that there shouldn't be another successor. Ange is last one, at least officially. It would be weird to give someone else the ring. The funds and gold might get into somebody's hands but the leadership of the Ushiromiya family wouldn't as there isn't a family to success anymore.
Old 2010-07-04, 15:12   Link #12675
Kylon99

Someone on 2ch wrote up the lyrics to the Opening Theme:
http://schiphol.2ch.net/test/read.cg...a/1278258136/7

OPテーマ:霧のピトス
 作詞 佐倉かなえ/E..Kida
 作編曲 ラック眼力/dai
 歌・コーラス 木野寧
          佐倉かなえ/E..Kida

その手に託されたもの 今雨の中に
寄り添えず 彷徨う船には
夢の続きがあるから

割れて着飾った
it's a story on my love

凍て付いた願い それさえも希望に変えて
愛が視える 最期の幻想(ファンタジー)
君は眠りから目覚め
幻想が真実へ真実は幻想の中に
秘めて
Old 2010-07-04, 15:15   Link #12676
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
The problem is that there shouldn't be another successor. Ange is last one, at least officially. It would be weird to give someone else the ring. The funds and gold might get into somebody's hands but the leadership of the Ushiromiya family wouldn't as there isn't a family to success anymore.
That assumes only one future exists. Author Theory's been big on that prospect, but showing a separate future from different events would obviously refute that outright.

Of course, we're assuming that even happens. The character could be exclusively confined to 1986, for all we know.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:16   Link #12677
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Unless someone stole it... which is quite unlikely, right?
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:17   Link #12678
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Natsuhi always wears a green brooch around her 1800's style necktie. 8)
http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Natsuhi_Ushiromiya
Oh sorry, I thought that by brooch you meant a butterfly brooch like Shannon had in EP2. Never mind.

And reading the End of the Golden Witch part, someone has added some text that's only speculation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko Wikia
Natsuhi is the most unfortunate character in the fifth game as her past is revealed. Krauss, her husband, is kidnapped and her daughter, Jessica, is killed. She is suspected in the witch's court and Erika Furudo's Detective Declaration as a culprit, but in truth, someone else did it---her avenging step-son, originallythe son of Rudolf's first wife Asumu. She is also physically abused by Eva Ushiromiya by Erika's misaccusation.
It's not confirmed as Asumu's or Rudolf's son right?

EDIT: Someone please do a proper translation of the song (Google translate helped me understand a little bit...)!
Old 2010-07-04, 15:19   Link #12679
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
Hum...The OP is like :
- Beato is finnaly killed by Bern
- At the funeral, a single golden butterfly escape.
- The golden butterfly goes back to Kuwadorian
- Now you have a new character in Kuwadorian that may be Beato resurrected or true form.
Another End of the golden witch? (sighs)....

But that new girl is what I would picture as if Battler and beato had a daughter in the future. Oh gosh....

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:23   Link #12680
Kylon99

Quote:
Ange may be the last successor of the immediate family but there are other Ushiromiyas out there. When they made Kinzo the head they probably didn't just disappear. So it would be reasonable to assume they are still there, if at least not as rich or powerful than before.

And also, if the family has hit on hard times they might do what they did during the Kanto earthquake. Elect a new head and make him (or her) rebuild all the wealth. 8)

Quote:
And reading the End of the Golden Witch part, someone has added some text that's only speculation:

It's not confirmed as Asumu's or Rudolf's son right?
Argh! I'm never going to link that site again. It's full of trolls and unsubstantiated theories, written up as fact. Don't listen to it...