AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 00:02   Link #21
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
The "(?)" was in the first summary itself, which has been changed now to the longer one you see in the website. So maybe it was just the guess of the reader that it was Heero, based on things we don't know. Personally, until we get the original novel, all the summaries should have the usual disclaimer.
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. A lot's still unclear. Like Duo, for example. I don't think Sumisawa's oblivious enough not to know that priest's can't have kids. Then again, it's mentioned that Duo "didn't make the sign at all." I'm guessing the "sign" is either the sign of the cross or the fact that he's not wearing a cross? Either way, I suppose Duo's masquerading.

EDIT: I'm editing the first post to state that all summaries are not final or to be taken as 100% accurate. Thus, they should be taken with a shaker of salt.

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-06-25 at 03:32.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 02:38   Link #22
wingzerosnuggles

Alternative kouryakukan translation by kaijyuu_m here:

Link!

From her translation, these caught my eye from the Sumisawa interview:

He's writing this series as an experiment while thinking of things such as how to revive "something that has already fully concluded once", and "why sequels are so hard to get right". So this isn't really a true sequel, but a transitional novel to help develop a successful sequel.

And this is also meant to be a work to bring Gundam W to the level of completion of the "First Gundam " (<-- "First Gundam" means UC Gundam)

Serialization starts in this month's issue. This issue features the prologue. About the generation of the children of Heero, Duo, etc.

OMG, they're trying to expand GW into the same level of hugeness (meaning number of stories, sequels and whatnot) as UC. @_@ And wtf, is this hinting that Heero has a kid, too? Did he finally let Relena tap that? xD

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-06-25 at 02:50.
Old 2010-06-25, 04:53   Link #23
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
RAVNEN: At the end of EW, we saw Zechs and Noin in a shuttlecraft though. No capsule usage for them.
Well,could be it...although a sleep capsule like other space sci-fi could be usefull for the crew.(i guess Tallgeese cockpit is enough for Zech..)

Quote:
OMG, they're trying to expand GW into the same level of hugeness (meaning number of stories, sequels and whatnot) as UC. @_@ And wtf, is this hinting that Heero has a kid, too? Did he finally let Relena tap that? xD
Let hope they do that...after all Gundam Wing has huge fanbase at U.S. & Bandai can spew more GWing gunpla...XD.
Old 2010-06-25, 13:14   Link #24
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hm... 准佐 certainly isn't Constable. It's a bizarre rank that falls between Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander, given the ranking system of Gundam Wing.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 16:58   Link #25
elindir
Overreacher

Am I the only have who thinks this is like some bad fanfiction?
Old 2010-06-25, 22:02   Link #26
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Am I the only have who thinks this is like some bad fanfiction?
We'll see how the show is executed but part of me feels that way. I love GW and am glad the AC universe is being expanded after so long but I'm a little disappointed with the direction.

The novel could still turn out to be darn good though.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:01   Link #27
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Thank you so much Deacon Blues!

I know Autumn AC195 pertains to that time Heero masqueraded as Duo at a school.
Relena and elderly people?
So Heero becoming a popsicle was Dr. J's plan?
WTF?! Is Heero the Sleeping Beauty? I wonder how he'd feel about being called "Aurora Princess." Seriously, Sumisawa... T_T Or is the "Aurora Princess" referring to Relena? *shrugs*
And did Duo really become a priest? OMG, is Hilde the baby mama to that boy?! Typical of him to name the kid after himself. xD *evilly hopes this permanently sinks 1x2 canon theorists*

Meehlimo: I'm guessing it's about as canon as all the other sidestories (Blind Target, Battlefield of Pacifists, The Last Outpost, etc.) Semi-canon, I guess. The only sidestory that got canon status was Episode Zero since it's a prequel (also by Katsuyuki Sumisawa who's writing Frozen Teardrop and head writer for the TV series) that was meant to be animated but something went awry and we ended up with two recap episodes instead (27: The Locus of Victory and Defeat and 28: Passing Destinies).
I'm hoping those fools get shut up too. There's nothing wrong with wishing for something to be true but trying to twist a series so it fits your own views is just foolish.

Blind Target and Battlefield of Pacifists are canon in my opinion.
Old 2010-06-25, 23:50   Link #28
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Sounds good to me, more Gundam Wing can never be a bad thing.
Old 2010-06-26, 00:02   Link #29
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Based on the reaction that I've read on the /m/ board, it looks like they're afraid that they might turn Relena into Lacus circa GSD, with the "Aurora Princess" thing, that is, if she is that.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 04:32   Link #30
wingzerosnuggles

Elo: True that. I mean I love the idea of Quatre/Dorothy but I don't go around forcing people to see things my way by twisting scenes in the series to reflect my views. Fanon is fanon. All the yaoi is fanon.

I <3 Blind Target but I classify all the interquels as semi-canon. Akemi Omode wrote BT brilliantly though. She developed it all so well.

Washu: Relena > Lacus

IMO, I cannot see Relena ever turning into God-mode Sue. That would suck ass.
Old 2010-06-26, 06:08   Link #31
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
IMO, I cannot see Relena ever turning into God-mode Sue. That would suck ass.
This has never made sense, in fact, I'd argue the whole 'Relena Suecraft' thing was made fun of within the series itself. Everyone in the series seems to think Relena is this 'perfect pacifist princess' thing. Only Treize and herself knew otherwise.

Fact is, for all her pacifist preaching, it's really nothing more than a political front out of necessity. She had never cared that her colleagues secretly harboured a defense force within Sankt Kingdom, and she was perfectly okay when Treize took over command during the White Fang's rebellion, despite it going against the whole 'Perfect Pacifism' crap she and her late father spewed. If anything, she advocates fighting for the sake of peace.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 06:26   Link #32
wingzerosnuggles

True that. Actually, calling Relena a Mary Sue has mostly been done by people who:
1. Don't understand her character.
2. Are looking for an excuse to hate her because "OMG! Heero and Duo are tru luvz 4ever, trufax."
3. Both.

Basically, she stood for what made sense and just stuck to her guns on the pacifism because, as you pointed out, it was necessary. In EW, she urged people to fight. Again, she did what was necessary. Doing what is right and not what is easy does not a Mary Sue make.
Old 2010-06-26, 11:04   Link #33
Washu-Chan