AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 09:27   Link #1121
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I can not wait for kawamori to begin his trolling of viewers.
I can't wait till Okada trolls all the shippers, whilst Kawamori does his directing magic to continue to make the series pretty (and spam it with music, Macross style )
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 09:28   Link #1122
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I rather it does. Me likes delicious relationship trolling
I concur, as I love how Okada does it. Okada doesn't nearly do it often enough, but then again the ones she doesn't do it are when it's not an anime original.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 12:08   Link #1123
Hyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I'm just a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HORNY female with a 2-D complex and a thing for brash, rude, cocky, trash-talking, brutish orange haired and VERY male characters in black with a short temper
My bad, I forgot that girls whos watch anime also appear in forums.

Quote:
I just think we have different ideas of what a "good moment" is. For example
I guess so.

Quote:
and my idea of a good moment is, one where bad ass character makes bad ass entry, establishes that he is the man, in front of the other dude, making him look like a sucka, snatching up woman and declares her his right in front of the other dude she was jus having a romantic moment with, and then licking her, and telling her in a sexy voice "she smells delicious" which effected her libido and she got so hot, she hit the ground
I do agree with a good moment is when the bad ass character makes his entrance in the show, but with a good moment of a bad ass character I mean destorying stuff or something like that (not ruining the "almost" love moment)

Quote:
Like Pierre said in the OS..." Oi Oi saying no while liking it eh?" (the red areas were spreading to their genitals)
Didn't watch the Aquarion Genesis, not really a big deal right? Atleast I read that somewhere..
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:06   Link #1124
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
I watched Sousei no Aquarion's movie, now I'm completely lost. Is Aquarion Evol the sequel for the original TV series or the movie, or both of them (if I've interpreted the movie correctly)?
It's a sequel, but currently we are not sure if it's a sequel for the OVAs (the movie was like the OVAs) of for the OS. Or for both. Or for neither of them and it's an AC.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:10   Link #1125
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
It's a sequel, but currently we are not sure if it's a sequel for the OVAs (the movie was like the OVAs) of for the OS. Or for both. Or for neither of them and it's an AC.
Zaresh is absolutely correct. The 'movie' scene at the start is from the final ep of the OS... but aside from that there's nothing obvious linking the show to the OVA or the OS ending. By which I mean, nothing that says "Oh yes, this is a sequel to that exact ending."

But as has been said many times before you don't need to see either. The OS didn't do that well, so forcing new viewers to see the old one would mean the sequel would flop right out of the gate.

You'll miss out on the reincarnation chatter happening in this thread, but that's just folks being excited about the new series and talking so you can safely ignore it.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:10   Link #1126
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Triple_R: the "overlapping triangles" construct also harkens back to Escaflowne, which wikipedia tells me was another Kawamori creation (lol). It was a similar deal: Hitomi and Van are the leads, and the triangles looked like Van-Hitomi-Allen and Hitomi-Van-Merle. That sure kept things in a holding pattern.
And don't forget Hitomi-Allen-Millerna. Double deadlock. Poor Hitomi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ooh~ source?
4chan, which I think got it from 2ch, which got it from magazines.

There was also another interview with Okada in Japanese:
Spoiler for interview with Okada:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:08   Link #1127
cyberdemon

Quote:
She 'not into him that way'. She just lusts after him so much it filled up the sensor back at base and shocked her into unconsciousness.
There's something called the suspension bridge effect. It's a mental effect that confuses the feeling of being scared with Love. mentally fear has similar effects to the body as love. They even explained that the bands they gave them measure heart rate, pulse, and body perspiration; not necessarily love. The bands can only interpret the body responses and to assume that what they are feeling is love but fear would generate a similar response.

That's likely why they first unlocked the bands when the attack started. It's bound to work up the body and get the heart and pulse beating quickly. which could cause the bands to go off at the worst times.

Quote:
Something i personally think is that the 2 worlds shown in EVOL are the OVA world and the TV world.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:24   Link #1128
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There's something called the suspension bridge effect. It's a mental effect that confuses the feeling of being scared with Love. mentally fear has similar effects to the body as love. They even explained that the bands they gave them measure heart rate, pulse, and body perspiration; not necessarily love. The bands can only interpret the body responses and to assume that what they are feeling is love but fear would generate a similar response.

That's likely why they first unlocked the bands when the attack started. It's bound to work up the body and get the heart and pulse beating quickly. which could cause the bands to go off at the worst times.

I thought that was obvious to everyone, was it it not?
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:42   Link #1129
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

So you guys are saying it's not impossible she's highly in lust with Kagura right.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:45   Link #1130
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
BTW, my OTP is Kagura x Zessica.
I get the feeling they would have wild, crazy sex together. ...Yeah I said it >=03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:47   Link #1131
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Something i personally think is that the 2 worlds shown in EVOL are the OVA world and the TV world.
I'm not really sure. I realized both "earths" are geologycally different. Vega has an asteroid belt, while Altair doesn't has one. And technology from both planets are pretty different too. I... can't say how is this going to end. We can't drop the space colonization theory yet, I guess. And that means we can't stop thinking Vega and Altair are both from the same universe.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:47   Link #1132
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I get the feeling they would have wild, crazy sex together. ...Yeah I said it >=03.
if they ever gattaied together, their passion would probably end up destroying the world....again.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:49   Link #1133
Adigard

Quote:
The only problem there is we're dealing, potentially, with four separate worlds. The OS Earth, and the OS Shadow Angel world. And the OVA Earth and the OVA Shadow Angel world.

The OS Earth should be empty, in theory. I've always believed humanity 'switched' worlds at the end of the OS. After all, pretty much everyone is already on the shadow angel world at that time. Whether that's germane to the topic at hand is a moot point I guess, since we really don't know enough about the Shadow Angel world. The OS Shadow Angel world should be a reborn paradise, of sorts, since the tree of life was repaired. The OS Earth, aside from being mostly empty, should be able to recover on it's own.

I'd have to go back to the OVA again, but the OVA Earth was a frozen wasteland that was reformed, and in theory re-populated Adam and Eve style by Apollo, Silvia and Reika (as the ultimate third wheel). I assume the OVA Shadow Angel world was a frozen over wasteland.

In both cases, one world should be a paradise due to the forming of a new tree of life / Earth Revival attack and the other likely abandoned?

On topic though the OVA world, in theory with events occurring 12,000 years earlier would certainly be more technically advanced / populated... in theory.

Quote:
I'm not really sure. I realized both "earths" are geologically different. Vega has an asteroid belt, while Altair doesn't has one. And technology from both planets are pretty different too. I... can't say how is this going to end. We can't drop the space colonization theory yet, I guess. And that means we can't stop thinking Vega and Altair are both from the same universe.
Technically the Three Fortunes (from the back at least) look an awful lot like a moon, so it's possible something pretty terrible happened... although they still have their moon (at least it's shown in the OP). The other world also has a moon, but everything is tinted a very nasty red. Also, both sides have been pretty definite about the whole different dimension thing, no?

Sadly we don't know how over-populated the Abductor world is... but it's VERY built up with buildings everywhere.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:54   Link #1134
cyberdemon

Quote:
I'm not really sure. I realized both "earths" are geologycally different. Vega has an asteroid belt, while Altair doesn't has one. And technology from both planets are pretty different too. I... can't say how is this going to end. We can't drop the space colonization theory yet, I guess. And that means we can't stop thinking Vega and Altair are both from the same universe.
not necessarily. The split between the OVA and TV series happened anywhere from 12000 to 24000 years before EVOL. technology in our world has advanced drastically in only the last 200- 300 years. The 2 worlds could've gone down drastically different paths given their own circumstances. The Abductors world could've been filled with a lot of strife and war during that time while Amata's world could've been nothing but at peace. A LOT could have happened in 12000 years.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:09   Link #1135
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
The only problem there is we're dealing, potentially, with four separate worlds. The OS Earth, and the OS Shadow Angel world. And the OVA Earth and the OVA Shadow Angel world.

The OS Earth should be empty, in theory. I've always believed humanity 'switched' worlds at the end of the OS. After all, pretty much everyone is already on the shadow angel world at that time. Whether that's germane to the topic at hand is a moot point I guess, since we really don't know enough about the Shadow Angel world. The OS Shadow Angel world should be a reborn paradise, of sorts, since the tree of life was repaired. The OS Earth, aside from being mostly empty, should be able to recover on it's own.

I'd have to go back to the OVA again, but the OVA Earth was a frozen wasteland that was reformed, and in theory re-populated Adam and Eve style by Apollo, Silvia and Reika (as the ultimate third wheel). I assume the OVA Shadow Angel world was a frozen over wasteland.

In both cases, one world should be a paradise due to the forming of a new tree of life / Earth Revival attack and the other likely abandoned?

On topic though the OVA world, in theory with events occurring 12,000 years earlier would certainly be more technically advanced / populated... in theory.

Technically the Three Fortunes (from the back at least) look an awful lot like a moon, so it's possible something pretty terrible happened... although they still have their moon (at least it's shown in the OP). The other world also has a moon, but everything is tinted a very nasty red. Also, both sides have been pretty definite about the whole different dimension thing, no?

Sadly we don't know how over-populated the Abductor world is... but it's VERY built up with buildings everywhere.
Those nice asteroids are near, really near. I can see they being a massive object that was captured by the planet and crushed because it fall to a non-lagrangian point. But I guess that's too serious for Aquairion and is something else (or it was just cool to have an asteroid belt and they put it there ).

I think that "Vega > Earth from OS" and "Altair > Shadow Angels world from OS" It's a lot possible, at least as much as "Vega > SO" and "Altar > OVA". And it would explain a lot of things. And, oh, they used that shadow angels world music track from the ost of Genesis of Aquarion when they showed Altair last episode, can be a hint. But right now they all are just pure speculation.

Quote:
not necessarily. The split between the OVA and TV series happened anywhere from 12000 to 24000 years before EVOL. technology in our world has advanced drastically in only the last 200- 300 years. The 2 worlds could've gone down drastically different paths given their own circumstances. The Abductors world could've been filled with a lot of strife and war during that time while Amata's world could've been nothing but at peace. A LOT could have happened in 12000 years.
I don't know, their technology was not only more advanced, but really different. ĦAh! I've just remembered that they have too different writing systems. That's something fiction usually don't make different even if they're talking about alternative universes. I don't know, really. It can be and It cant. I guess when we are around episode 10-12 or so, we will know for sure.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-02-08 at 19:21.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:31   Link #1136
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Quote:
if they ever gattaied together, their passion would probably end up destroying the world....again.
I have this deep down feeling that Mix would be wilder, especially with someone like Kagura. Just imagine the explosion if Mix gattaied with Kagura.

I want to see Mix's reaction to being told she smells deliciously.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:36   Link #1137
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Let's just hope this doesn't turn into True Tears.
Mikono is the reincarnation of Hiromi
Zessica is the reincarnation of Noe

Old 2012-02-08, 21:38   Link #1138
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Peeling back from the current topic for a little here (though for the record, I'm AmataxMikono all the way and, at least Kawamori didn't troll the shippers in Macross Zero and Frontier), I would personally prefer if Kawamori defied the cookie-cutter plot-setup of the damsel in distress scenario. One such uncommon scenario he could use:

Instead of the damsel in distress where Mikono is captured, he could instead have a later-series scenario where something happens to Amata that throws Mikono into a rage and causes her Element power to awaken, giving her the ability to initiate Sousei Gattai as well. She becomes the head of Aquarion Evol in Amata's absence and goes on a growingly self-destructive path of revenge against the Abductors, and is saved by Amata by series' end. It would be a very interesting turn given her starting-off weak-wiled personality. And there's plenty of time to set up Mikono as a stronger character. (which should come either way as her character development )

Unfortunately, the chances of this happening are nigh nonexistent. Almost no mecha series that's popular or takes itself seriously puts a female as any form of good pilot; the only real ground-shattering female pilot ever, in terms of plot, character, or even just skill, was Haman Khan in Zeta Gundam, and some will say her awesomeness got watered down in Gundam ZZ and unfortunately it's a little hard to deny it.
Nadesico had good female pilots, but most agree that that series is one that doesn't really take itself seriously.
Soukou no Strain is little more than a distant memory despite how nice a series it was.
Jinki/Jinki: Extend/Jinki:Extend Relation barely registers on the mecha radar.
Even in the original Aquarion Kawamori shafted the strong-willed Sylvia, turning her into the damsel in distress while ze boyz hogged all the piloting spotlight.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:51   Link #1139
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Even in original Aquarion Kawamori shafted the strong-willed Sylvia, turning her into the damsel in distress while ze boyz hogged all the piloting spotlight.
To be fair to Sylvia in the OS, she does single-handledly win a fight vs. a Shadow Angel without needing a mecha. She isn't able to kill her, but it's still very impressive.

Also Tsugumi manages a stronger attack as Aquarian's head than Apollo ever did, shattering the shield over the warp gates to the Shadow Angel home world.

It's true the boys do get all the glory (considering what type of show it is that's not too shocking), but the girls do get their moments to shine as well.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:57   Link #1140
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
It's true the boys do get all the glory (considering what type of show it is that's not too shocking), but the girls do get their moments to shine as well.
Absolutely, but the problem is it's only rarely a plot-making/shattering event or in the series finale "battle to save the world," and even more rare is it something that wins the final battle like Kamille Bidan Waverider Crashing into the The-O and squashing that bug Paptimus Shirocco. The true focus of any series-shattering event is almost always on the ze boyz.

Still, I'm ever-so-praying that Mikono's weak-willed starting act was Kawamori setting up a "WTF" event for Mikono turning into a steamrolling badass. It'll be something very new and there's plenty of time for setup to make it make sense. (though the main purpose of making something "WTF" is people not seeing it coming)

Tags
comedy, science fiction