AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 19
10 out of 10 : Nearly Perfect... 30 28.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 34.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 21 19.81%
7 out of 10 : Good... 8 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average... 6 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.94%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-10, 22:52   Link #101
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
  • The photo of her likeness doesn't necessarily mean that it's her. It could really be anyone. There's no reason a player in ALO needs to look like their real self (Leafa, Recon, etc.)
And Sugou could easily explain it away as an NPC he created to look like Asuna as a means of coping with Asuna's state in the real world.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:53   Link #102
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:

His biting her hand wasn't "sexual harassment", it was just plain harassment -- a bad joke that he didn't really think through. (Ironically, it's the sort of prank a brother might pull on their little sister...)
Amagami!

One of guild leaders looks more like an idol cosplayer than a team leader. Maybe it's the point. In the game, the real administrative work is run by her cabinet.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:55   Link #103
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
About Kirito's priorities... he is not just a 16YO kid, but the 16YO that saved 2K players from SAO... he already used that to find Asuna IRL through the police. He also needs no evidence to Asuna's father worried, the police interested, and Sugo's competitors digging dirt. As for how he can make the connection between Sugo and Asuna's captivity in Alfheim:

Asuna is still plugged in a game
Sugo told him it's convenient for him
He sees a photo of Asuna in Alfheim
Sugo own the Alfheim company

But instead of doing something IRL about it, he goes to play the game, and as of last episode, not even play it to save Asuna in game
Who the hell cares about such things? Even if Kirito wouldn't pull those acts, why would that make his story any less interesting? If anything, wouldn’t it be even more amazing that he manages to accomplish things that are story worthy? Otherwise this story would turn into detective mystery instead of VRMMO game.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 22:59   Link #104
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
And Sugou could easily explain it away as an NPC he created to look like Asuna as a means of coping with Asuna's state in the real world.
Now he only needs to explain why he locked up that NPC in a freaking cage
Old 2012-11-10, 23:01   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
He didn't want to let the image of the love of his life get away from him again! He's trying to protect her from the evils of the world! (Not sure if there's any way at all to make this sound sympathetic... )
Old 2012-11-10, 23:02   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's part of a quest
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:05   Link #107
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

It'll just seem really freaky no matter how you put it. Maybe he can claim it was an impulsive action driven by the despair he felt because of his fiancees condition. Still freaky though.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:06   Link #108
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@RF: Indeed, I didn't give a lot of thought about it, but it's not necessary for the point of my post... it is not logical to run around playing a game, instead of trying to save your "girlfriend" whether IRL or in-game.

@C2F: Kirito said in the first episode of Alfheim arc, that he abused his status to get the Asuna's private information from the police, in to her father seemed very greatful... these are a better start then playing a game (especially in the way he does).

@Inane: I can not disagree, but personally if it turned into a detective drama or an incest love story, I wouldn't mind
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:11   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
@C2F: Kirito said in the first episode of Alfheim arc, that he abused his status to get the Asuna's private information from the police, in to her father seemed very greatful... these are a better start then playing a game (especially in the way he does).
It's still not the same; 16 years old students aren't exactly skilled in corporate espionage.

No amount of name-pulling would get you far.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:12   Link #110
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Kirito said in the first episode of Alfheim arc, that he abused his status to get the Asuna's private information from the police, in to her father seemed very greatful... these are a better start then playing a game (especially in the way he does).
He didn't abuse his social status. He offered up his info on SAO as a bargaining chip. What he referred to as status is his status as the one who cleared SAO.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:36   Link #111
Vmem

that was PERFECT!!!

Kirito just sometimes snap in battle and starts forgetting things XD... wish they spent more time on Leafa's expression to that

anyway, loved the episode
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:36   Link #112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Indeed, I didn't give a lot of thought about it, but it's not necessary for the point of my post... it is not logical to run around playing a game, instead of trying to save your "girlfriend" whether IRL or in-game.
He's only in the game because he needs to confirm whether his "girlfriend" is really there or not. He's not just "playing a game" for its own sake. If you did give it a bit more thought (at least in terms of the in-story logic), you'd see that it's as logical as it can be as far as things go. His skills as a gamer are his only "weapon" in this fight, and even his decision at the end of this episode was not made without his end-goal in mind. Just getting to the tree as fast as possible is not going to magically solve everything.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:59   Link #113
HandofFate

I found this episode hilarious.
Especially Leafa's reactions whenever Kirito goes into full on game-nerd mode.

Also when she just stops in her tracks and the camera just passes her by when Kirito says he sometimes just snaps and forgets himself in battle.

The "illusion" magic was pretty cool. Kind of a role-reversal with Kirito acting as the boss killing players left and right.

I thought it was a GREAT point when Kirito even though he knows dying isn't permanent in Alfhelm, he still reverted to "Never Die" "Never let party members die" mentality snap like in SAO.

I can see some people's confusion at how Leafa keeps referring it to "Illusion magic" when it really is "Transformation magic"

but when I think about it more, those two types of magics in most games, usually end up being in the same type of tree/skillset anyway, so I accept it with a bit of leniency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I'm having trouble with how serious people take this game.
I mean, it's not like people would call me on my cell, because, I dunno, a guildmate in WoW was at Undercity auction house or something. It was fine in SOA, where actions had consequences, but here it's just ridiculous how serious people take everything.
Its not uncommon for some people in some guilds who been playing with eachother for a long time to end up exchanging emails/facebooks/cell numbers and end up having a relationship outside of the game. Even if still only as 'internet friends'

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-11 at 00:01. Reason: merged double posts
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 00:00   Link #114
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Impressive battle. Lyfa should think twice that illusion magic is useless.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:07   Link #115
zero7090

People say Kirito when into full game-nerd mode. I say he just being matured.

I have seen so many people saying things like: it is just a game, no one know you on the internet, it is ok to do anything you want. Thanks to that specific mindset you got million of ebay, cc scam/cheat on the internet. Then People lie, cheat, grieve, play horrible pranks like screamer, spread virus, DDoS.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 00:12   Link #116
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
People say Kirito when into full game-nerd mode. I say he just being matured.

I have seen so many people saying things like: it is just a game, no one know you on the internet, it is ok to do anything you want. Thanks to that specific mindset you got million of ebay, cc scam/cheat on the internet. Then People lie, cheat, grieve, play horrible pranks like screamer, spread virus, DDoS.
I don't think that part was what some was meaning about full game-nerd mode. There's actually a lot of people that feel that way in regular mmos today.

As far as game-nerd mode, I was thinking when he suddenly went all chummy with the Salamander when bribing him with items, and the face when "I never go back on trades" since it was all very typical gaming behavior.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:13   Link #117
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's still not the same; 16 years old students aren't exactly skilled in corporate espionage.

No amount of name-pulling would get you far.
I disagree, but that's a matter of perspective, I guess.

Quote:
He didn't abuse his social status. He offered up his info on SAO as a bargaining chip. What he referred to as status is his status as the one who cleared SAO.
I don't remember it that way, but it sounds convenient to keep the "story" going on in-game, instead of IRL, which would sell less.

Quote:
He's only in the game because he needs to confirm whether his "girlfriend" is really there or not. He's not just "playing a game" for its own sake. If you did give it a bit more thought (at least in terms of the in-story logic), you'd see that it's as logical as it can be as far as things go. His skills as a gamer are his only "weapon" in this fight, and even his decision at the end of this episode was not made without his end-goal in mind. Just getting to the tree as fast as possible is not going to magically solve everything.
Sorry, but I can not avoid meta-thinking events, saving 2,000 lives from a demented genius who sold his soul in a corporation, sounds like the perfect ticket for bringing down a corrupt pedophile, and if doesn't work with the father, the policies, or the antagonists, it would certainly sell to tabloids, which have published even more absurd crap in our contemporary real world
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 00:14   Link #118
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I don't think that part was what some was meaning about full game-nerd mode. There's actually a lot of people that feel that way in regular mmos today.

As far as game-nerd mode, I was thinking when he suddenly went all chummy with the Salamander when bribing him with items, and the face when "I never go back on trades" since it was all very typical gaming behavior.
You gotta admit though the gamer in all of us approved of that transaction
Old 2012-11-11, 00:16   Link #119
Green˛
It's bacon!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I see "Leefa" was used for the spelling of her name, again. I'm beginning to wonder if the subs are incorrect.
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 00:20   Link #120
HandofFate

I love the way the words scroll when they're casting the spells. I like this magic stuff a lot more than swords. Too bad Kirito is still just swinging his sword around.

I wonder if he still be able to use some old SAO sword moves if he remembers the moves well enough in his brain-muscle memory. I know that all the sword-tech is gone and isn't in Alfhelm, so the assist system is gone. But he kind of tried to emulate it when sparring his little sister in real life, so couldn't he try to emulate certain moves still?