AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 09:36   Link #41
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^according to touge hiro's twitter post here, it is the last chapter of the manga.

Edit: Hiro said [here] that the manga continuation will depend on the tankoubon sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaki_chan View Post
agreement then we must hope that the volume 1 sells well finger crossed
><
Indeed. Fingers crossed.

If it does continue, I wonder what they'll do next (they might have to make a few changes if they do that part of the story, considering the changes they've already made).

Quote:
And jackie's surname is supposed to be fahrenheit, if you want to believe him. Characters introduction page after vol 4 used that name, and marika called him that when she discussed with noel.
He reintroduced himself as jackie fahrenheit , an insurance investigator from marx & marx insurance [probably referring to this]when silent whisper was chasing odette ii that had been hijacked by luna lion. <---gruelle said don't trust this guy.
Marika said it is a company with bad reputation, albeit its customers are planetary governments and big companies. (compared to harold lloyd's clients which range from interplanetary wars to private travels) v4p202
...what?
So let me get this straight...
Spoiler for Jackie:

Edit: Just out of curiosity - have there been any names given to the story arcs in V4-9 (other than the current wiki placeholders)?

Also, anything new regarding the Barbaroosa?

Spoiler for Barbaroosa (V9):

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-12-09 at 17:07. Reason: Additional questions.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:52   Link #42
justpassingby

Just to give up hope to humanity, 'Habitable' planet discovered circling Tau Ceti star [guardian uk] [Asahi jp]

My copy of vol 9 has arrived, but still at my local Kino. Will update soon.

Some random notes. Marika did "Aerobreaking" before landing her Dinghy...in a simulation. But her predecessor, Hayama Miki from ☆π did a Pugachev Cobra in a F-18 above the runaway before landing.

Sorry for lack of updates. I found myself indulging in the books which the girl in my avatar comes from. I wish I could invite both 'I' and Marika to a trip inboard Viper and we could talk depressing things all time long.
Oh, and recent tweets from Hiro saying that for him the interesting parts of fMiniPai starts from vol 4. But this doesn't mean the manga is confirmed to be resumed.

I thought I have become Spiderman, but then I realized I don't have a dead girlfriend.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-12-19 at 08:59.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 08:57   Link #43
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...I swear, that author really knows his science.

Now why I can't be that lucky. Like, be lucky with my Audacious Space Traders fic.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:58   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's an interesting fanfic i just thought out a month ago. A Crossover between Miniskirt Pirates and Crest of the Stars.
Spoiler for part 1:

Well here's one part of this fanfic. I'll post another one later which includes the characters.
Old 2012-12-23, 16:57   Link #45
Inept Forum User

Er...does West Killia always mean trouble?

Quote:
Just to give up hope to humanity, 'Habitable' planet discovered circling Tau Ceti star [guardian uk] [Asahi jp]

My copy of vol 9 has arrived, but still at my local Kino. Will update soon.

Some random notes. Marika did "Aerobreaking" before landing her Dinghy...in a simulation. But her predecessor, Hayama Miki from ?p did a Pugachev Cobra in a F-18 above the runaway before landing.

Sorry for lack of updates. I found myself indulging in the books which the girl in my avatar comes from. I wish I could invite both 'I' and Marika to a trip inboard Viper and we could talk depressing things all time long.
Oh, and recent tweets from Hiro saying that for him the interesting parts of fMiniPai starts from vol 4. But this doesn't mean the manga is confirmed to be resumed.
Interesting. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2012-12-23 at 17:24.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:21   Link #46
justpassingby

According to Sasamoto-sensei's tweet, because of the size of the orbit of the newly found planet, in MiniPi universe it would be equivalent to Ishi no Shirahoshi (2nd planet). There are Robot Plants to develop the metal bedrock surface.

Hmm? Did Captain Suzuka got the Captaincy as Christmas present or something?

I don't celebrate Christmas, but here a toast to End of War for every wars, past and present, fictional or real, and especially ones that ended on end of the year/New Year. War is Over, if you want it♪

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-12-24 at 07:01.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:57   Link #47
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
According to Sasamoto-sensei's tweet, because of the size of the orbit of the newly found planet, in MiniPi universe it would be equivalent to Ishi no Shirahoshi (2nd planet). There are Robot Plants to develop the metal bedrock surface.
*writes a photon sword battle amid all the mining plants for that planet*

*has no idea where to put it*
Old 2013-01-02, 11:40   Link #48
justpassingby

I was hoping for a surprise when I clicked Asahi NicoSeiga, but alas, the manga wasn't there
Spoiler for Odette II:

I chuckled a bit when Kenjo asked the girls their opinion about what Jacky said to them regarding about the switching side from the Rebel Army, selling the weapon etc.
Gruelle, Rin, and Chiaki: "It's a trap, right", "I think it is a trap", "It is obviously a trap".
Spoiler for Come See The Dancing Stars:

Recently I re-watched The Wrath of Khan, The Seach of Spook, and Star Trek 2009, and I'm emotionally compromised when Spook said his famous words, "I have been and always shall be your friend". I wonder when Chiaki is going to say that .
You could say that Methuselah in MiniPi is the equivalent of Vulcan. Sadly, Chiaki doesn't have pointy ears (BBA-tachi have them ), and is is not clear if Nora is her mother. If she is, then Chiaki should be half-Methuselah.....wait how does that even work?

In recent Sensei's tweet, he said he would like to work faster this year. Other good news is that HoshiPi reprint vol 2 and vol 3 are scheduled for February and March releases.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-03 at 04:24.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:48   Link #49
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I chuckled a bit when Kenjo asked the girls their opinion about what Jacky said to them regarding about the switching side from the Rebel Army, selling the weapon etc.
Gruelle, Rin, and Chiaki: "It's a trap, right", "I think it is a trap", "It is obviously a trap".
You do know that rebels and traps can only refer to one original fish-person, right?

Quote:
Recently I re-watched The Wrath of Khan, The Seach of Spook, and Star Trek 2009, and I'm emotionally compromised when Spook said his famous words, "I have been and always shall be your friend". I wonder when Chiaki is going to say that .
You could say that Methuselah in MiniPi is the equivalent of Vulcan. Sadly, Chiaki doesn't have pointy ears (BBA-tachi have them ), and is is not clear if Nora is her mother. If she is, then Chiaki should be half-Methuselah.....wait how does that even work?
I'd like to think that in the fair future, there are multiple subspecies of humans like dogs. Most of it artificially created. All of them able to interbreed.

Something like tall, thin humans with pointy ears living in low-G environments, or short and stout dwarves (Squats) living on the opposite type of worlds.

So technically a Meth is still human, just different, and so a half-Meth is possible.
Old 2013-01-04, 21:14   Link #50
justpassingby

坊やだから

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
You do know that rebels and traps can only refer to one original fish-person, right?
Can't wait for Episode VII

In other news, I think there is going to be anime about a girl and a male robot named HAL coming, soon?
For Rin, she cares more about her computer, HAL-bou, than Odette II. She said she has never being apart for more than 30 meters since she obtained that 'boy'. This happened when Marika and her Club President chased the Odette II in vol 4.

...Speaking of which, in Yousei Sakusen vol 1, there is a scene when the main characters went out to the moon surface, and one of them said "It's like we're in 2001", and the most hardworking character replied "No the year is not 2001" IIRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So technically a Meth is still human, just different, and so a half-Meth is possible.
Not even once

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-04 at 21:52. Reason: not sober
Old 2013-01-05, 05:30   Link #51
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Can't wait for Episode VII

In other news, I think there is going to be anime about a girl and a male robot named HAL coming, soon?
For Rin, she cares more about her computer, HAL-bou, than Odette II. She said she has never being apart for more than 30 meters since she obtained that 'boy'. This happened when Marika and her Club President chased the Odette II in vol 4.

...Speaking of which, in Yousei Sakusen vol 1, there is a scene when the main characters went out to the moon surface, and one of them said "It's like we're in 2001", and the most hardworking character replied "No the year is not 2001" IIRC
Neither, I am. Patience, we must have.

I'm confused. I thot that Rin x HAL thing was a different anime and not something in the novel?

Quote:
Not even once
Hey at least its a lot more plausible than new humans being the size of faeries...

...oh snap.
Old 2013-01-05, 09:08   Link #52
justpassingby

Speaking about drugs, in vol 5, when the crews of Odette II were going to take their rest, Captain Ririka warned them and said "No drugs, No drinks". Guess she knew that the Yacht Club members had a party with alcohol in vol 3.

Spoiler for Jacky:
....Can nanomachines fixed neurosis?

Ah, speaking about Noel, there is an Esper Pilot from Yousei Sakusen named Noel who fended off alien attack on the Moon before chasing the main characters to the Earth. And if Tanigawa Nagaru regarded Yousei Sakusen as the forefather of LN, can it be safe to say it was the first LN to use the "neurosis" word? (v1 pg 105 3rd printing)

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-17 at 03:29. Reason: spoiler
Old 2013-01-06, 10:26   Link #53
Inept Forum User

Quote:
I was hoping for a surprise when I clicked Asahi NicoSeiga, but alas, the manga wasn't there
Spoiler for Odette II:

In recent Sensei's tweet, he said he would like to work faster this year. Other good news is that HoshiPi reprint vol 2 and vol 3 are scheduled for February and March releases.
That's a shame. So the sales weren't enough?

Sorry, who are BBA-tachi again?

Quote:
Out of curiosity, did the novels describe what HAL-bou looked like?

Quote:
Speaking about drugs, in vol 5, when the crews of Odette II were going to take their rest, Captain Ririka warned them and said "No drugs, No drinks". Guess she knew that the Yacht Club members had a party with alcohol in vol 3.

Spoiler for Jacky:
....Can nanomachines fixed neurosis?

Though at the end of vol 8, he was kinda cool when he said "See you around" before jumping from the rooftop and Luna Lion came out flying. Noel is still on pursuit.
Suspicious and suspicious, eh?

I wonder how this arc would be changed if it is adapted.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-01-06 at 18:01.
Old 2013-01-07, 10:47   Link #54
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Sorry, who are BBA-tachi again?
"BBA" is a slang for 婆 = baba = old hag, and it goes without saying that Nora, Müller are in that category :P. In ARIEL, the antagonists have pointy ears

Quote:
Out of curiosity, did the novels describe what HAL-bou looked like?
Well, it's a computer. I think it is supposed to be more portable than from the anime. And no, I don't think the computer is going to NTR the canon yuri couple
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Suspicious and suspicious, eh?
"With great power, comes great anxiety"?
Jacky himself has been described by Marika to possess hacking skill the level of a Wizard when Noel asked the Captain to describe the Witch's bounty. He managed to hack one of the pirates ship under Kenjo without leaving any traces. When he first came to Hakuou, he unlocked the club room door (Marika was alone, because it was her habit to come early and locks the door), hacked into the school security camera and replaced the images with still scenes so no one could detect his face, and hacked into the Tax Bureau and placed himself as one of the employee when Rin tried to confirm his identity after he left the school.

IIRC, some readers don't like him because he is kinda like a "cheat character" with nanomachines and stuffs he can do.

I think there are also people who dislike Gruelle because she's genetically superior. She has this trait of know-it-all that is disturbing even for the pirates crews. When Jacky presented his Wall of Tax scroll paper to be read by Marika and the princess, she managed to finish them all and concluded that the red head was a fake. Marika said it took her all to even read the paper.
Moreover, she can use her financial power to help Marika, and Marika tried to refuse it several times. When Rin asked Marika the minimum number of crews needed to sail out Odette II (which is supposed to be 4), they ended up bringing all the club members and Gruelle used her credit card to purchase the earliest shuttle tickets to the Relay Station (Gruelle said buying in bulk gave her discount )

Oh, she also made Marika wears that red suit again when they went and meet the captain of Princess Apricot to ask his and his ship for help to bring out the Odette II.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-07 at 11:25.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:56   Link #55
Inept Forum User

Quote:
"BBA" is a slang for 婆 = baba = old hag, and it goes without saying that Nora, Müller are in that category :P. In ARIEL, the antagonists have pointy ears.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Quote:
Well, it's a computer. I think it is supposed to be more portable than from the anime. And no, I don't think the computer is going to NTR the canon yuri couple
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I was wondering whether that cylindrical computer was HAL-bou...

EDIT: A number of questions regarding the novels and manga (sorry if I'm asking too much):
  • Did all the manga chapters come out on the 2nd of the month?
  • Did they have any special designation like the anime episodes (Sailing #)?
  • Are there chapter name lists for the light novel/manga volumes anywhere (aside from Volume 9 a page back)?
  • What sort of total page numbers have the novels had so far?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-01-14 at 11:29. Reason: Trying to ask my questions right.
Old 2013-01-14, 12:21   Link #56
justpassingby

- The Asahi Comic Fantasia comes out every 3rd of the month.
- Dunno lol

Spoiler for novel chapters:
Huh I accidentally hit the 'Enter' Button

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-14 at 14:39.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:48   Link #57
Inept Forum User

Quote:
- The Asahi Comic Fantasia comes out every 3rd of the month.
- Dunno lol

Spoiler for novel chapters:
Huh I accidentally hit the 'Enter' Button
Ah, 3rd. My mistake.

Thanks for the information, justpassingby.

A couple of minor questions:
  • Just to be certain, are V7 and V8 one story arc or two?
  • Out of curiosity, you know that note by V6,Ch3 - is that mainly due to his neurosis or is there something else as well?
Old 2013-01-17, 08:17   Link #58
justpassingby

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-01-17 at 09:17.
Old 2013-01-18, 10:50   Link #59
Lexich

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Considering that same behaviour was used to indicate Marika being sort of love interest for Chiaki, would you say that Jacky is indicated to be one for Marika? Provided you know more context than me.
Also, since Jacky is not introduced in anime AFAIK, is he the character from 4th volume and higher, or was he cut from anime adaptation?
Lexich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:22   Link #60
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, how much has been revealed for the backstories of the main Bentenmaru crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
Considering that same behaviour was used to indicate Marika being sort of love interest for Chiaki, would you say that Jacky is indicated to be one for Marika? Provided you know more context than me.
Also, since Jacky is not introduced in anime AFAIK, is he the character from 4th volume and higher, or was he cut from anime adaptation?
I doubt it.

He first appears in Volume 4.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-01-19 at 08:27. Reason: Adding question for those who can answer.

Tags
light novels, sci-fi