Old 2011-08-11, 20:45   Link #3441
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
They're non-scale scratch builds.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 21:38   Link #3442
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
They're non-scale scratch builds.
As in, they're not being released at all? :/
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 00:25   Link #3443
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Ffffff these statues.. Bandai is a bunch of goddamn trolls. (But I want them anyway.)

About the faces, it looks to me like the faces are wrapped in bandages, almost? O_o They don't look anything like the face of a Gundam, and you can see they're 'banded' almost, so... But the fact that Snow White's feet are red is somewhat of a giveaway that it will definitely be in the style of traditional 'main' Gundams, though yeah looks like no wings. Warlock's feet appear to be missing the 'elf toes' of Deathscythe, though.
I'm seeing the bandages too. o___o;;

Sigh. Does this mean we'll get slightly altered models of Wing and Deathscythe? I love those two gundams to bits but having so many versions of the same thing messes with my OCD. XD

Maybe they just...forgot to add the wings or something >>;;;
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 01:00   Link #3444
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
I'm seeing the bandages too. o___o;;

Sigh. Does this mean we'll get slightly altered models of Wing and Deathscythe? I love those two gundams to bits but having so many versions of the same thing messes with my OCD. XD

Maybe they just...forgot to add the wings or something >>;;;
No way they would just forget to add the wings. As it is the bandages are only hidding the finer details of the face, the wings simply wouldn't allow the type of Arm movement Snow White has.

So either there is a story line specific reason that Zero no longer has his wings or the suit is a variant.

Thing is a Variant is fine, expecting anything more at this point seems crazy. Even Kira's Strike Freedom is just a variant on Freedom so I wouldn't be expecting Heero to get a fully new unit, even less so when Zero is the one unit from Wing that has remained popular over the years.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:36   Link #3445
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Remember that WZ and DSH can fold and wrapped their extended appendages around their body like a cloak.

Anyway, Snow White = S.W. = ____ Wing ?

Anyone hazard a guess on the new suit's name ? Second Wing ? Superior Wing ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:23   Link #3446
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Remember that WZ and DSH can fold and wrapped their extended appendages around their body like a cloak.
And as I said before, with the wings folded like that the two mobile suits wouldn't have nearly as much movement capability. Even less if you throw actual cloaks on top. The only way Snow White and Warlock are Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell is if they plan on adding the wings later--and we can already see with the Warlock's feet that that's likely not the case.

As it is, the Snow White's cloak gives us hints of some sort of static backpack unit. My bet is that they're completely new machines, just in the Wing Gundam/Deathscythe lines of construction.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:57   Link #3447
Nishiio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Anyway, Snow White = S.W. = ____ Wing ?

Anyone hazard a guess on the new suit's name ? Second Wing ? Superior Wing ?
I dunno man. Knowing Heero...Suicidal Wing? XD
Old 2011-08-12, 15:03   Link #3448
FalsePrime

Well if they wanted to continue with the Angel Motif and given both Tallgeese Heaven's name as well as it having wings I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Seraphim Wing or something along those lines.

However that is if Snow White is truly hinting at the final name at all.
Old 2011-08-12, 16:50   Link #3449
Kitsoru

I don't think Snow White/Warlock/Prometheus/Scheherazade were supposed to be codenames? I thought they were the actual unit names.

I dunno, I think they're gonna be technically new suits but design-wise there's no way they're not gonna be variants on the originals in some way, esp. physical design and equipment.

@FalsePrime There's already a Wing ZERO Serephim variant, it's the main unit of Tiel's Impulse.

Also any guesses made off these statues can't be considered unless we know, are these fan-made or official? I never really got a clear answer on this. :S
Old 2011-08-12, 17:35   Link #3450
FalsePrime

Ah yes, forgot about the side stories.

However I got to say I really hope that Snow White is it's name. Granted it's not the greatest name ever but I would be just fine with the leading unit going with out the Wing name.

As for the statues, I thought there were made by Bandai and listed in that book and not fan made.

Could be wrong about that.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:32   Link #3451
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Ah yes, forgot about the side stories.

However I got to say I really hope that Snow White is it's name. Granted it's not the greatest name ever but I would be just fine with the leading unit going with out the Wing name.

As for the statues, I thought there were made by Bandai and listed in that book and not fan made.

Could be wrong about that.
Alright, granted because the story is 'New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop' we can assume it will be something S........ Wing instead of Snow White. I wholly agree with the plausibility that Snow White could just be words using the first two letters as code for the actual name of the suit. We can assume it is something S. Wing. Because all of the lead suits thus far in Wing have had Wing of some form in its name. And by the armaments we've seen thus far it looks to be shaping up to be a second gen. XXXG-01W Wing, or Wing II.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 18:36   Link #3452
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We've already got one device in FT that was named after a Disney princess--and that was it's actual name. And on top of that, that device had something to do with Heero.

Which gives the Snow White having the actual name of Snow White a lot more plausibility. And let's face it: it's not the most bizarre thing this novel's thrown at us already.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:39   Link #3453
Kitsoru

Yeah... Agree with Rising Dragon, guys, I think you're really reading too much into it (for once)
Old 2011-08-13, 04:01   Link #3454
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Can you blame them? The sudden burst of originality is so misleading. I mean, look at the characters, their designs and names.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 23:28   Link #3455
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Can you blame them? The sudden burst of originality is so misleading. I mean, look at the characters, their designs and names.
Haha, true. Then I guess we're lucky that Asagi isn't the one designing the mechs
Old 2011-08-14, 00:48   Link #3456
Mareike

I WANT ALL THOSE GUNDAAAAAMS! I can picture them now, nicely lined up against my wall...

/is then hit by the harsh reality that they will be too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Haha, true. Then I guess we're lucky that Asagi isn't the one designing the mechs
This.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 02:03   Link #3457
Verona_Price

You know I'm really enjoying Frozen Teardrop. I'm in love with the art work and for the most part I'm enjoying learning more "background" history of the After Colony world.

However the math in all of this is irking me...and I hate math...so yeah.

Like:
Katrina Peacecraft is she Relena and Zech's mom or grandmother, and she of course couldn't have been raised by Relena's adoptive father this would make him very old. So the future VFM Darlin and Katrina would raised together.

Unless this Katrina is the grandmother who later gives birth to the king peacecraft that would be Relena's father and he happens to marry a girl name Katrina.

OR this Katrina dies, and Sabrina marrys gives birth to King Peacecraft and he happens to just marry a girl name Katrina

Because no matter what princess becomes "queen" her husband really isn't a peacecraft, therefore the next gen. would be Relena and Zech's father.

my brain just blew up.

Anyway, I wish this was made into a manga don't get me wrong, I love reading it, but I love to see more of this art world produced in a frame by frame art style.

But then again I always loved picture books.

my brain hurts.

Also is there a love thing going on between Katrina and diplomat Heero? On the Wiki it says this I just cant recall reading this.

Thanks.
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 05:41   Link #3458
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
Because no matter what princess becomes "queen" her husband really isn't a peacecraft, therefore the next gen. would be Relena and Zech's father.
Yeah, I dunno. Katrina would have to be their grandmother because King Peacecraft was the monarch, but they also say in series Katrina was her mother.. so it's either a retcon or heavens knows how Sumisawa'll spin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
Also is there a love thing going on between Katrina and diplomat Heero? On the Wiki it says this I just cant recall reading this.
Pretty much. The summary we got for this recent chapter says that Katrina 'entrusts her love for Heero' to Sabrina before she goes off to pilot the Wyvern, after all. And I mean, she's a Relena clone and Heero's a Heero clone; ya had to see it coming.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:55   Link #3459
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Glory of the Defeated is out now
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 13:37   Link #3460
Nishiio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Glory of the Defeated is out now
!! Thank you!

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing