AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-12, 08:49   Link #5121
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Cheap, boring, but considering how Pyrrha died, it'd be symbolic of never wanting to let someone else die in front of him short of gaining the power to resurrect the dead. It's like a temporary White-Mage buff. He can spread his aura around to them to add to their own for defense, dividing his own power to back theirs up while still able to fight.
It would be a lot more symbolic if he had the same kind of Aura ability as Pyrrah or something similar. I mean, we already saw him repel a weapon so who's to say it isn't, also the writers keep saying "you've already seen it" over and over and it would add more to the whole opposites attract thing Pyrrah and Jaune had going on.
Old 2017-08-12, 09:46   Link #5122
Sparda4
Dark Knight

So basically if you hit Jaune you get a rebound counter attack or something ? Not bad.

Edit: @Mach56gs I did say in the post i've seen the "Jaune" character in other series and i hate that they are looked down up on. But everybody believes what they want to.
Old 2017-08-14, 01:03   Link #5123
ibby

My RWBY Light novel about the beach arrived on the weekend. It was an interesting read. There's a mini poster with the light novel, and the cover art of this item can be found here.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 12:56   Link #5124
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
So basically if you hit Jaune you get a rebound counter attack or something ? Not bad.

I used that idea in a fanfic. Can he apply it to his sword? Can it cover his shield too?It does have potential depending on how its carried out, without crossing too far into special snowflake territory.
Old 2017-08-14, 13:20   Link #5125
Tenzen12

To be honest I would be fine if Jaune will stay "boring". Sometimes less is more and Jaune from beginning goes for practical simplicity. Even after Pyrrha deads his armaments got mostly cosmetic upgrade only and it was correct choice imho.
Old 2017-08-15, 00:13   Link #5126
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be honest I would be fine if Jaune will stay "boring". Sometimes less is more and Jaune from beginning goes for practical simplicity. Even after Pyrrha deads his armaments got mostly cosmetic upgrade only and it was correct choice imho.
I'd like him to be less flashy and more of a dark-souls fighter, as shown below. While most fights try to be flashy and dramatic, Jaune would fight with a rail-road fashion of disarming and physically wearing down his opponent like some juggernaut bruiser.

(http://imgur.com/gallery/pxBW9 if the link don't work, or check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s for the full deal.)

As for Semblance, I would prefer it to be something a bit more creative than just "reflect". But it has it's uses, I suppose. I personally stick to "repulsion" rather than just simple reflection, because then he could actually use it like a force push of sorts.
Old 2017-08-19, 09:24   Link #5127
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 10:24   Link #5128
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I got this theory and likely someone else has come up with this too somewhere online. What if Ozpin and Salem are the siblings talked about in the legend ? Ozpin can move form body to body why couldn't Salem ? We don't know anything about her but i'm certain Ozpin has a connection to the legend in a deeper sense.
Old 2017-08-19, 10:27   Link #5129
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, Ozpin is based on THE Wizard... So most people seem to think that he was the one who granted the four maidens their powers.

That being said, these stories may not be entirely accurate.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 10:30   Link #5130
RDNexus

Excuse me for asking this...
How the heck is the CR Jap Dub version of RWBY being aired?
It seems like they're slightly speedrunning it through v01-03.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 20:28   Link #5131
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Just saw Arryn Zech (Blake) in an elevator at the hotel I'm staying at here in Chicago. Apparently she's here for Wizard World. Recognized her as someone famous, but not who, until she had left, so I didn't say anything. Probably for the best, as she's pretty hot in person.
Old 2017-08-30, 08:20   Link #5132
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
just saw arryn zech (blake) in an elevator at the hotel i'm staying at here in chicago. Apparently she's here for wizard world. Recognized her as someone famous, but not who, until she had left, so i didn't say anything. Probably for the best, as she's pretty hot in person.
goddammit man
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 15:04   Link #5133
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Just saw Arryn Zech (Blake) in an elevator at the hotel I'm staying at here in Chicago. Apparently she's here for Wizard World. Recognized her as someone famous, but not who, until she had left, so I didn't say anything. Probably for the best, as she's pretty hot in person.
Hey atleast you saw her in person. It's a privilege to even get in range of 5 meters of somebody like her (90% of the time 24/7 bodyguards and all) so take it as a honor.
Old 2017-09-04, 10:40   Link #5134
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

RWBY Volume 5 Blake Character Short!

Old 2017-09-04, 11:09   Link #5135
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I like that fact that it's not specifically about Blake but more of a shared history between someone I guess is clearly important to her, and at least puts a bit more substance to the background of racism.
Old 2017-09-04, 13:36   Link #5136
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

So I guess I was 100% spot on on Ilia's characterization in volume 4 and analysis of their encounter there, heh.

Either way this short was hella gay in a lot of ways. I guess it could be usual RWBY bait but it could also be a set up for Ilia having had feeling for Blake and thus exploring/establishing Blake's sexuality(even though equating being LGBT with being in a romance seems weird).

Still not liking how menagerie looks. Way too tropical-resort-y for a third world poverty-stricken indian-reservation-style area. I would have expected harsher conditions, poorer quality of buildings, more people(and no expensive stylish clothes). Instead it seems to be a tropical resort with a castle in the middle. But alas that's one thing they can't undo/fix anymore.

Still the show NEEDS more exploration of faunus struggle and racism against them, because "violence is always bad" is not gonna cut it. That's not how it works. Show the actual injustice and struggle of which WF is symptom of and acknowledge that an actual faunus right activist organization IS needed.

Here's hope Volume 5 gets back on track and fixes Vol4 misgivings and mistakes.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 17:07   Link #5137
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Menagerie isn't an Urban India expy but is more of a Malaysia expy since the place reminds me of Malaysian villages and towns with it's coconut and palm trees and traditional wooden houses.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
Old 2017-09-04, 17:24   Link #5138
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Still not liking how menagerie looks. Way too tropical-resort-y for a third world poverty-stricken indian-reservation-style area. I would have expected harsher conditions, poorer quality of buildings, more people(and no expensive stylish clothes). Instead it seems to be a tropical resort with a castle in the middle. But alas that's one thing they can't undo/fix anymore.
Uhh. It isn't that? This country is run by faunus so there's no discrimination or imbalance of wealth. It isn't rich, but it isn't poor either. I have no idea how you got the idea it is.
Old 2017-09-04, 18:11   Link #5139
Twi

It's probably because Blake gave off the image of being a poor, but vocal advocate for faunus in the first season due to the flashback of her protesting and the fact that her weapon looked patchwork. A lot of people took her home being larger than the surrounding area as being a sign of her being privileged, so it kind of offset expectations since even if she is a faunus she's pretty well-off, which contrasted the rich-girl, poor-girl dynamic that she had with Weiss. That and when Blake gave the original description of what it would be like to Sun before he arrived.

Edit: It was around page 232.
Old 2017-09-04, 23:45   Link #5140
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It was never, not even once, established that Menagerie was a destitute nation of Faunus. People only assumed it was because Faunus were treated as second class citizens in certain places. While some do still exist as such in some nations they as a race clearly did well for themselves in the land they were givem as a self governing entity. This is not one of those Puerto Rico situations.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby