AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 06:53   Link #441
lightbringer
M9000

Yeah, and WoW brought us motor bikes, Xmas, Halloween and Harris Pilton, and a crapton of other stuff that totally ruined the setting. Doesn't mean I have to like it though
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:05   Link #442
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I dance semi-naked in the bathroom anyways so I have no complaints about gamer behaviour in mmorpgs.

The dances are disappointing to be honest. But that's from someone who doesn't play mmorpg with dance emotes but dances irl, so my expectations are kind of different xP.

What Guild wars 2 dance needs is a little advanced blades training from

"Time to wipe the floor in WvW! Amaze your friends and astound your enemies with our unique super flamboyant sword art!"

Best of luck to everyone planning to grab a common character name today. I'll be sleeping at 7pm today and waking up at 11:30pm.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:08   Link #443
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I'm gonna be Legolas (Ranger). Please don't steal!
Old 2012-08-24, 08:13   Link #444
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Yeah, and WoW brought us motor bikes, Xmas, Halloween and Harris Pilton, and a crapton of other stuff that totally ruined the setting. Doesn't mean I have to like it though
Yeah, the holidays were rather taxing on the suspension of disbelief. Most of the pop culture references, and there were many, weren't all that obvious at first glance though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:33   Link #445
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If I buy the game now, do I get the head start or not?
Old 2012-08-24, 08:38   Link #446
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yup, and a couple of trinkets depending on which version you're buying.
Old 2012-08-24, 08:51   Link #447
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Really got to think about if I want to play it or not. I played in the beta quite some time ago, which I found pretty fun, but I am wondering is the PvP going to be fun at the max level.
Old 2012-08-24, 08:53   Link #448
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
If I buy the game now, do I get the head start or not?
If you buy it right now you can start playing tomorrow (ie, 3 days ahead of schedule). The game is about 14 GB though so you want to leave yourself ample time to download it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 09:05   Link #449
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Really got to think about if I want to play it or not. I played in the beta quite some time ago, which I found pretty fun, but I am wondering is the PvP going to be fun at the max level.
You mean in terms of gear VS skill? Well, the GW2 battlegrounds puts everyone into equal level and gear, so gear shouldn't be the make-or-break it is in most MMO's in those at least.
Old 2012-08-24, 09:35   Link #450
Aesthetic Shampoo

Hey, i'm in the same boat as Ak3mi. If i know nothing about this game or its predecessor, and buy it now for tomorrow, will it be worth it?

EDIT: Oh, whatever. COME ON, RANDOM MMORPG, BE FUN.

Last edited by Aesthetic Shampoo; 2012-08-24 at 10:21.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:48   Link #451
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Well, in response to any people that are wondering "is this game going to be as great as people say it will be" or the "why should I get this game" here's the most common video response.

This was posted on their FB page a couple weeks ago regarding PvE lovers:
Convincing a friend to try Guild Wars 2? Here are ten reasons PvE players will love GW2:
Quote:
• *Because Curtis’ ranch isn’t going to save itself.*
No, really. If you’re hanging out in Claypool and Cattleman Curtis runs up shouting that bandits will take over his ranch if you don’t help, he’s not kidding. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/

• *Because this is one of the little dragons.* http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenane...n/photostream/

• *Because that player isn’t coming to steal your kill, he’s coming to make it more epic.*
Cross-profession combos are as easy to create as they are are dangerous. No need to stop, strategize, and debate group dynamics–just go with the flow of battle and enjoy playing with everyone around you! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/

• *Because dungeons are waiting to bring the pain, and then do it again in a completely different way.* https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dungeons/

• *Because you don’t have to play through boring stuff to get to the good stuff. We give it to you right out of the gate.* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3nTjwpguE&t=5m11s

• *Because you can see how the other half… er, fifth… lives.* All racial zones are open to all players right away, so you can join your friends no matter what race they choose to play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdr8HHJ-zU

• *Because everyone loves a big finish.*
Events in GW2 don’t occur in a vacuum, and a series of dynamic events can explode into a final meta event. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1

• Because the quaggan are just so cute you want to help them. http://www.arena.net/blog/the-mostly-harmless-quaggan

• *Because it’s so much more than swinging a sword.*
(Or shooting pistols, or firing a flamethrower.) You can cut a swath through the baddies of Tyria, but there’s so much more. Puzzles, trivia, and all manner of non-combat challenges await you all over the world. Keep your eyes open and pay attention to your surroundings–it’s not just window-dressing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx4UdIpaCWU

• Because Destiny’s Edge needs you. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destiny's_Edge

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 15:37   Link #452
sora1607

Is everyone here planning on playing on the same server or making a guild?
sora1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:27   Link #453
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Dont know, depends if anyone on here wants to make an Animesuki guild
Old 2012-08-24, 20:42   Link #454
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora1607 View Post
Is everyone here planning on playing on the same server or making a guild?
i'm personally going to play with some close e-friends i know online since WoW vanilla on the Darkhaven server. if the server is derp derp when it comes to WvW, then we'll be finding a new server before they take away the free transfers
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 21:50   Link #455
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So close to character making session.... Hopefully the launch will be smooth as i can't wait any more
Old 2012-08-24, 22:06   Link #456
FateAnomaly

1 more hour to go if we are lucky.

Anyway, 1 player can join multiple guilds just that he can only represent 1 at a time.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 00:11   Link #457
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Just got to play as soon as the servers were open. It was my first time trying the game out too, but man oh man, the lag is too much. The game is unplayable for me at this time. =(

I am not surprised though, with the amount of hype the game have gotten massive lag is to be expected.

Update: WOW this is a pleasant surprise... I discovered I am able to switch servers at will. I transferred to a low Population one and the game is looking quite good.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2012-08-25 at 00:45.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 01:37   Link #458
Aesthetic Shampoo

is it me or are the controls for this horrible?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 05:20   Link #459
Somnus
Eh?

I joined Fort Aspenwood for now, since I wanted to see what it's like to play in a higher volume server. I played in Ehmry Bay for the stress test (Medium volume server), and may go back there again if I'm not too keen on Aspenwood.
Old 2012-08-25, 05:33   Link #460
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Too addictive... have been playing non-stop since the launch. Spent the 1st few hours run into every building, clear all of the key points, so only lvl 7-8 atm....

Taking a break and probably will get right back