AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 30.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-08, 09:20   Link #41
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
If I may jest a little, Kuroko (a known pettanko-yuri) gave priority to the two girls with the smallest bust and potential romantic interest

In general, the episode was entertaining; priceless Index VS Mikoto! I also kind of like Cromwell's feminine adaption (though it can be another trap), as for Touma's power, I will abide to the plot device explanation.

Oh, I should not forget, I love Hyoukka (meganekko X oppai). As for how hooking with Touma could work, they can always get a little kinky, none-the-less safe by chaining his hand during intimate moments
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 10:36   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
Then again, no one truly understand the power of Imagine Breaker. How his power work and the reason why he possessed this power still remain unknown.

Who know, his left hand may became Reality Breaker.
Almost as if you want us to accept anything he does, like if his hand suddenly turned into a rocket punch, we should go "Well, it was a hidden ability~".

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think people are seeking logic in areas where none exist. Just sit back and enjoy the title for what it is.
Hai, hai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
There also an explanation for this too. It's in p.138 of novel vol.6.

It's different from Ars Magna and Dragon Breath which directly affect his brain.
The theory for Telepathy(of that judgement girl) is to create an invincible thread and send the data(in a code form) through it.
It's like playing an invincible thread telephone with each other, and it's seem his right hand affect that thread.
Na~ni, so~re~
JC Staff, banzai~, huh...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 11:27   Link #43
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But that would mean that lightning, by virtue of it being a current and thus reaching his arm as long as it reaches him, or Izzard's Ars Magma, which directly affected his brain and made him forget things making it no different from this telepathy case, would have been negated as well.

See the problems when you start to think this over too seriously?
Actually, I can make sense of that as well, but what I really cant make sense of is how his hand was capable of parrying that golem at the end of the episode. Even if you remove the magic making that part of the golem move, it was still moving, so his arm has a new power to stop inertia.

Like, I can see Toma negating energy as well, but if he gets hit with the railgun, he should be dead. Agh II dunno, that explanation i gave made sense to me, but there are plenty of other things that don't.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 12:07   Link #44
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally, the harem battle begins. An epic rivalry between Index and Mikoto is to be expected, no? (Much to the displeasure of Kuroko. )

So from what I gather, Hyouka is the culmination of various AIM fields that has attained sentience and took on human form, right? But from whose AIM field? Everybody's? Or certain espers, like Touma? Was sort of freaked out at seeing her cute face getting chipped off like that, though was later relieved she somehow regenerated.

BTW, is it me or does Touma look GAR in stopping the golem with just his right hand?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:04   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Well if Misha is any indication where various magics colided and created her. Hyoka is the result of various AIM from her school or the city itself. AIM as explained is what Espers gives off.

Seems the higher ups of Academy City knew of her true nature but kept quiet.

Now Nescessarius has a magical theory about her existence. They sent Shery Cromwell to retrieve her. Also informing her of a certain Imagine Breaker.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 15:11   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well if Misha is any indication where various magics colided and created her. Hyoka is the result of various AIM from her school or the city itself. AIM as explained is what Espers gives off.
Nn? Hyouka is the creation of a bunch of... somethings, but Misha is just a human/mage who switched with a fallen angel.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:32   Link #47
ZeroForever

hm i give this eps a 6, average - nothing amazing i liked the interactions between index and buri but honestly that's all that i liked.

seriously why would you remove a level 5 esper from the battle field first... it's not like she's only the most powerful person of the group.

the end scene with touma showing up at the last second was one of those how many times has this happened in this series already????
Old 2009-03-08, 18:16   Link #48
shinwa
fuuu~

great, i didnt know Touma hav a enormous power and able to hold golem's fist with his single hand...
once again violating the Law of Physics lol
shinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 18:18   Link #49
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinwa View Post
great, i didnt know Touma hav a enormous power and able to hold golem's fist with his single hand...
once again violating the Law of Physics lol
He neither science or magic, he is beyond laws
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 18:45   Link #50
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
hm i give this eps a 6, average - nothing amazing i liked the interactions between index and buri but honestly that's all that i liked.

seriously why would you remove a level 5 esper from the battle field first... it's not like she's only the most powerful person of the group.

the end scene with touma showing up at the last second was one of those how many times has this happened in this series already????
I agree, and why the hell did Touma let Hyouka just get up and run toward Shelley, let her get hit, and continue to just sit there the whole while?
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 18:57   Link #51
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm... perhaps Touma is a lolicon?! I mean, he never hesitated to sacrifice his body to save Index and biribiri, but the well endowed Hyouka, he just can't risk his life for?

Eh, the only good part of this episode, if it was any good, was probably the confrontation between biribiri and index.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:28   Link #52
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Actually, I can make sense of that as well, but what I really cant make sense of is how his hand was capable of parrying that golem at the end of the episode. Even if you remove the magic making that part of the golem move, it was still moving, so his arm has a new power to stop inertia.

Like, I can see Toma negating energy as well, but if he gets hit with the railgun, he should be dead. Agh II dunno, that explanation i gave made sense to me, but there are plenty of other things that don't.
Well you have to understand about a golem's nature first.
There are two kind of magical powers that involve with it.

1.Forming power : a power to form golem itself. this power come from a "core gem" inside it's body. The core gem act like it's power source and that power flow in it's body not coming outside(Same as Styl's Innocentius that had a power souce from the rune around the buliding).
Touma's right hand can destroy the golem only by touch that gem(but he can't since it was cover by golem's body that create from normal rock and earth).

2.Control power : yep The golem is now in manual mode ,so it's need control power from Sherry to act(Of course there is an auto mode too ,You'll see it in next(or last) Ep)).
Touma's right hand touch the control power(that 's like a thin force field around it's body) first and dispel it before touch it's body. So it's stop moving before it's really hit him.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 19:34   Link #53
Boduar

The question is not about how he can stop it at the end of the episode but rather that if it was so damn easy to do it why did he bother dodging like 20x earlier in the episode.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 21:42   Link #54
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
No DYNAMIC ENTRY if he does that.

But yea, i am starting to really like biri biri after being somewhat skeptical at first. Id like to see Himegami play more of a role, she is hilarious. Index is a good entertaining character when she is alone with Toma, but when they are with others I find myself growing tired of her.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:18   Link #55
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

The interaction between Index and Biri Biri was quite cute.

I would have really expected Touma's hand to dissolve Hyouka or something, but... nothing.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:36   Link #56
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
The interaction between Index and Biri Biri was quite cute.

I would have really expected Touma's hand to dissolve Hyouka or something, but... nothing.
He has to touch her first. Course he'd labeled a pervert if did. Touma got a good look twice.

Given that the other two knows his modus operandi they won't let him get his hands in her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:39   Link #57
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
He has to touch her first.
13:38--he did.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:50   Link #58
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
13:38--he did.
He touch her with left hand, so she didn't dissolve. Imagine Breaker power is in his right hand.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 02:51   Link #59
Bordix

Quote:
I would have really expected Touma's hand to dissolve Hyouka or something, but... nothing
I think he haven't touch her with his IB.........yet

edit: defeated by sinner0

Hope to know the reason why Cromwell want's to wage war against academy city in the next episode and what are the other "level 5's" of academy city doing? Guess they don't have any responsibility on protecting the city
Old 2009-03-09, 03:01   Link #60
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
The question is not about how he can stop it at the end of the episode but rather that if it was so damn easy to do it why did he bother dodging like 20x earlier in the episode.
For the block part, he didnt block because the golem wasnt in his reach. He also mentions this in the episode but you obviously missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post

You have to see this from Kurokos PoV. She has to rescue dozens of people that are still trapped underground. She dont has the time to worry about fighting power or whatever, she chose the fastest and easiest way. (Then again she took a lvl5 esper and left a civilian so her decision is kind of weird).

Actually just some kind of advice to some people here, you may or may not follow it:

If the only point or your post in this thread is to rant how bad this show is you might as well not post here. Stop expecting something like Index fighting or Himegami action or whatever since it wont happen. I am seriously tired of reading posts whose only content is "and Index vanished again lol" or "still no Index fighting >_>"
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote