AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 07:02   Link #2321
egg

A Japanese -> English translator here, looking for groups with some fun, interesting projects that need assistance. I live in the Tokyo area for most of the year when I am not abroad and own terrestrial broadcasting capture equipment (Friio), so I may be able to help you with that as well. However I have no experience in fansubbing previously.

Please send me a message listing what projects you need assistance with or are looking to work on and I will get back to you if I feel I might be interested.

I look forward to hearing from you!

EDIT: I believe I have chosen a group. Thank you all for your offers, I received more than 35 offers, so I can't reply to everyone! Best of luck.

Last edited by egg; 2009-03-07 at 07:25.
Old 2009-03-04, 19:39   Link #2322
RRMX

Group: SukiPawa Fansubs (EN section)
Position(s): Editor
Project(s): Kamen no Maid Guy OVA/OAD #1
E-Mail: sukipawa@yahoo.com

We're a French Group, and when we saw that Kamen no Maid Guy OVA didn't had any US sub, we decided to translate it into English.
However, our main langage isn't English, that's why we'd need a several check on our script.

Thank you

[Edit :] Editor found, thank you for answering !

Last edited by RRMX; 2009-03-09 at 13:52.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:17   Link #2323
Naomasa298

Group: FTP-Anime
Positions: Translator, Translation Checker, Typesetter, Timer, Encoder, Quality Checkers
Projects: Translator's choice
IRC: #ftp-recruits@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contacts: Naomasa298, RJD22[FTP-Anime]

Looking for translators for a couple of shows next season, and TLCs to help out with this season too. Emphasis on quality rather than speed. Recruiting for the other positions above as well.
Old 2009-03-06, 03:07   Link #2324
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Group: sudo (Pseudonym)
Position: Translator
IRC Contacts: Nicholi

As the Supreme And Benevolent Ruler Of All That Is Pseudonym, henceforth referred to as sudo, I command that a translator make themselves available for our glorious fansub efforts. In her fansubbing conquest sudo has lost many a TL in bloody conflicts, yet our army marches strong. COME! Translate for us!

You may also contact my squire DryFire if I am not available.
Old 2009-03-06, 11:20   Link #2325
Mio
TL;DR
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Mio
Once again offering freelance help on the following upcoming projects:

Tears to Tiara
Valkyria Chronicles
07-Ghost

If you have a group planning to pick up any of the above projects and you are in need of an AFX/ASS typesetter/karaoke/editor or QC, feel free to send me an email at nayuki at staticsubs dot org. Samples will be provided upon request, with any relevant background information you may want to know. Please do not contact me if you are a brand new group. Alternatively, you can also try to catch me on Rizon with the nick Alicia.

Thanks.
Old 2009-03-06, 19:38   Link #2326
Sindalf

Hello AnimeSuki Forum Members,

I come to you today in request of your talented skills in this type of work related area. As you know FanSubs exist because well not all of us can understand Japanese and well ya know there are people out there who have the talent to subtitle them in english for your better understanding and viewing pleasure.

So without further adue, I am currently looking for the following people with the following skills that is listed below, and if you are interested in being part of HaruYuki FanSubs please do not hesitate to reply back or reply back to me via PM.

The following is who I am looking for & Requirements:

- Japanese To English Translators
- Encoders
- Quality Checkers

Japanese To English Translator

* Must have a well background and knowledge of the Japanese Language
* Must be able to keep up with our subbing weeks
* Must be able to use mIRC

Encoders

* Must have a good background on how to encode
* Must have the will to encode in H.264 & MP4
* Must know have EXP in AviSynth Scripting
* Must have a decent upload speed
* Must have a decent PC to encode videos

Quality Checkers

* Must have an LCD Monitor with possibley HD Capability
* Must have a good viewing for any quality disortion and subtitle errors and timing
* Must be willing to watch an episode more then once
* Must be willing to jot down any notes on Notepad Or Wordpad for any problems to staff
* Must have a PC that can play HD Videos

If anyone out there with the following talents are interested in being part of our group and aiding us please once again you may contact me via PM or just reply back and I will get back to you within the timely manner.

IRC & Contact Info

Contact
haruyukisubs@gmail.com
Sindalff@yahoo.com (MSN and Email)
IRC
#Guardian on SinIRC

Also willing to work on Joint projects if the entire groups agrees.

Last edited by Sindalf; 2009-03-06 at 20:48.
Old 2009-03-08, 01:48   Link #2327
Enigma Collective
*Fansubber

Group: Enigma Collective
Positions Needed: Translation Checker, Typesetter, Distro
Projects: Guin Saga and Pandora Hearts
IRC: #EnigmaCollective@irc.rizon.net
Contact: lordmog@yahoo.com, mooglekupo99 (AIM), elvaanguy@yahoo.com (MSN), elvaanguy (Y! IM), #enigma-recruits@irc.rizon.net

Enigma Collective is currently recruiting experienced Translation Checkers, Typesetters and Distro for our two spring projects: Guin Saga and Pandora Hearts. We have translators for each project and need these positions filled to continue with releasing.

Here are the requirements for each position:

Translation Checker: Should be able to understand at least 60% of each given script to look over any errors.

Typesetter: Needs to be experienced and provide text styling, signs (.ASS is fine, but After Effects or even Photoshop is preferred) and (optionally) credits for at least the opening segments of each show.

Distro: Can range from a BT release seeder to an IRC bot provider.

Note that we aim for quality, not exactly speed; we're pretty relaxed and would rather release a quality episode a day or two late than be the first ones to release and botch everything up (and remember that this isn't a free ticket for being lazy either).

If you're interested in working on either of those shows then please contact me with the above information or post in the Recruits! section of the forums with your application.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

- Lord Mog of Enigma Collective
Old 2009-03-08, 17:22   Link #2328
OneLastRemix

Future Projects: Eden of the East, Shangri-La, Phantom: Requiem of Phantom
Group: Jade Fansubs
Positions (In order of need): Translation checker, translator (1)
IRC Channel: #jade-recruits or #jade-fansubs
IRC Contact: Entidus, or GreyWolf

Hiring for next season. Since one of my translators is busy, I will need to hire one translator to translate Shangri-La. The translator job is rather self-explanitory. Jap->Eng and Chi->Eng are both accepted.

Translation checkers are also needed, the more the merrier for translation checkers. You have to check any mis-translations the translator has done. Translation checkers must be Jap->Eng.

Lastly, we are in DIRE need of editors. We're short on editors. The job for the editor is to turn the Engrish, into English, to make the script flow better. They're also needed to fix any spelling, or grammar issues.

I have found two new editors, thanks for everyone that applied!

Contact Entidus or GreyWolf on the IRC channel, or e-mail jadefansubs@gmail.com

Last edited by OneLastRemix; 2009-03-09 at 19:41. Reason: Found editors
Old 2009-03-09, 04:42   Link #2329
Cant_Sleep

Insomnia-Subs is recruiting

Position(s): TLC, preferably someone who can read Kanji. Bot providers/seeders
Group:Insomnia-Subs
Project(s): Tears to Tiara, ToHeart2 adplus, Sora no Otoshimono
IRC Channel: #Insomnia-Subs@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Litarius, or Insomnia
E-Mail: Talos09@yahoo

We have an almost full group including a Translator. Other positions that aren't listed above are currently filled, thank you.

Last edited by Cant_Sleep; 2009-03-15 at 02:14.
Old 2009-03-09, 12:49   Link #2330
Jin-sama
ファントム
*Fansubber

Group: Phantom
Recruiting: Translators, TLC(s), Encoders, AFX typesetters, Timers.
Current Projects: Viper's Creed, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Examurai Sengoku, Tetsuwan Birdy Decode S2
Future Projects: There are a few shows in April that we want to do.
IRC: #phantom-subs@irc.rizon.net or #phantom-recruits@irc.rizon.net
IRC contact: Jin`
Email: phantomsubs@hotmail.com
Old 2009-03-09, 22:22   Link #2331
SaikyoSubs
Saikyo Fansubs!

Hello everyone,

My fansub group at Saikyo Fansubs are looking for staff members to join us! The anime we are interested in is listed below, the name links you to their official website:

Ausra Cryin' | Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! | Natsu no Arashi | Queen's Blade | Tears to Tiara | Winter Sonata

If any of these anime seem interested to you, please, consider working for us. Potential translators have a lot of haggle to decide which anime is to be subbed, since they are the core of the group. Here are the positions we are still taking recruits for, starting with the most important on top.

**Japanese to English Translator** - Must be fluent in Japanese. We need these by far the most! Please consider joining us! No experience necessary we will teach you. We really need a reliable translator!!

Encoder*- Must be able to know how to use megui to softsub and hardsub anime. Because we may hardsub some anime, you must have a fast processor!

Timer - Must know how to use Aegisub to time the subtitles to the anime. Helps if you know how to time karaoke effects too.

Adobe After-Effects Typesetting & Karaoke - Must know how to use Adobe After Effects to make text effects that match the effects of the anime, and karaoke effects that are pleasant to watch.

Editor - Must be good at spotting english grammar mistakes and be fluent in the English language.

Other - If you think you can help us out in any other way, don't hesitate to contact us! We'd love to consider you!

Positions marked with an asterisk * are of most importance and most needed.

If you are interested in helping us with our fansubs, you can contact us in these ways:

CONTACT FORM: Our Website's Staff Contact form

MSN: sindalff@yahoo.com | MSN: kenharlaw@hotmail.com

Or if you would like to contact the group leader directly:

AIM: hoboX10 | MSN: hoboX10@hotmail.com

IRC: We now have an IRC channel! You can join us there by clicking this link.

We look forward to working with you!
Old 2009-03-10, 06:05   Link #2332
Akaku
Busy

Group: Atelier-Thryst
Current Projects: Kyo Kara Maoh, Kuroshitsuji, 07-Ghost (Has yet to air)
Positions Needed: Distro, .ass AFX (Karaoke)
IRC: #Atelier-Thryst@irc.rizon.net
Contact: Akaku/Akaku-kun on #Atelier-Thryst@irc.rizon.net or akaku.kun@gmail.com
You can also send me a Private Message via this forum, if needed.

Distro:

We're in dire need of help in this area. We need someone who can help us distro on IRC with at least 1 or 2 bots. Right now our only resource is [aRM] Subaru, who we thank deeply for coming to our rescue and helping us out when he can.

.ass AFX

We want to have someone who will be able to produce nice karaokes for our Spring show 07-Ghost. We might want some new karaokes for our Kyo Kara Maoh - 3rd Season DVD releases, but that is yet to be seen. Reason why I ask for .ass and not an AFX After Effects one is because I myself don't know anything regarding After Effects so I wouldn't know how to embed the karaoke to the video. However, if you can produce karaokes using After Effects, we would gladly have you on board and I'll definitely do some research regarding the encoding.

That is all.
Thanks for reading. Hope to see these position filled soon.

- Akaku
Atelier-Thryst Productions
Old 2009-03-11, 16:08   Link #2333
Chevy787
mayu-sub figure head

Send a message via AIM to Chevy787 Send a message via MSN to Chevy787
Group- Mayu-Subs
Position1- Timer
Position 2- AFX typsetter
Position 3- QC
Position 4- Editor
Position 5- Raw finder
Position 6- Translator- Japanese or Chinese
Position 6- Translator Checker- Japanese
Current Projects- Toradora[DVD], Hyakko
Possible Projects- Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ , Kodomo no Jikan 2 (joint with Genjo-subs), xxxHOLiC: Shunmuki.
What project would I work on?- Well, really need all the mentioned members for all the projects with a few small differences. For more info, just contact me and we can setup something.
Email- Chevy786@gmail.com
MSN Chevy786@gmail.com
AIM blurr419
Website- http://mayusubs.baka-wolf.com/
IRC #mayu-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Extra info- We want dedication. <3

Last edited by Chevy787; 2009-03-22 at 13:09.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:19   Link #2334
pichu
*Fansubber

pichu needs some work in after-effects.

karaoke - using my own unfurnished script
typesetting - whatever. (i can speed-typeset -- but be careful what you asked for )
subtitles - if you want after-effects hardsub
credits - hardsubbed
titles/logo - if you need it.

I only take one or two at the most episode projects per week. My old groups said I'm too lazy, so they don't want me to do anything ;_;
Old 2009-03-14, 14:01   Link #2335
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Positions: Editor, QC
Group: Saizen
Project(s): RAINBOW Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
IRC Channel: #saizen^recruits@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Scab
E-Mail: saizen.recruits@gmail.com

We need an editor and 1-2 QC'ers for RAINBOW Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, our upcoming spring project. You'll be tested so I don't have any laundry list of requirements, but needless to say experience would be in your favor should multiple people pass. If this sounds interesting to you, use the contact info above or go through the website form.
Old 2009-03-14, 19:29   Link #2336
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Positions: TL or TLC
Group: Shameimaru
Projects: Ichigo Mashimaro encore; Maria Holic or Hetalia Axis Powers
IRC Channel: #shameimaru@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Kovensky, Kulag or Emess

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/

Last edited by Kovensky; 2009-03-16 at 08:11.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:48   Link #2337
livs20

Group: AnimeYoshi
Projects: Hatsukoi Gentei, ToloveRu (OAV)
Positions:

Translator: recruiting a japanese to english translator (you can pick your own project.)
Translation Checker: someone who's fluent in japanese and can spot & fix TL mistakes. Also able to read signs.
Typesetter: AFX/ASS Typesetter (backup)
Editor: fix grammar mistakes and make the subs more fluent without changing original meaning.

Contact: e-mail us at animeyoshi@gmail.com or visit irc at #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net and pm anyone with @

http://www.animeyoshi.net

Last edited by livs20; 2009-03-27 at 13:29.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:38   Link #2338
Skyknight

Aasasubs is looking for a full time translator with fluid japanese/chinese as the current one.

English editor and distro.

Join us at #aasasubs@irc.rizon.net
Old 2009-03-17, 12:14   Link #2339
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance
Positions: J->E Translator(s); Translation Checker(s); Quality Checker; AFX Typesetter ; Karaoke Effects; RAW provider(s)
Project: Kureyon Shin-Chan (action movies, not the episodes)
Contact: IRC Channel(if I'm not there, just use the other contacts); (WLM or e-mail); PM here

We are looking for a serious translator (also for the other positions), that can translate in a reasonable time those movies. They are the length of about 4 normal anime episodes (of 23 minutes), and the staff aren't required to work on all the movies.

Looking urgently for an AFX Typesetter and/or somebody who can make some nice karaoke effects, who can help us for at least a few releases.
Old 2009-03-17, 15:39   Link #2340
killicy

Help

Position(s): Typesetter, Karaoke
Group: SubsFuckingWhere
Project(s): Astro Fighter Sunred, Natsu no Arashi
IRC Channel: #SubsFuckingWhere@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Waffo
E-mail: coisbot@gmail.com

We have the subs done for some episodes of Sunred, but we need a typesetter for the signs, and hopefully someone to do the karaoke.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator