AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 11:50   Link #661
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The two tanks on my mind right now are the Tiger P and the Konigstiger. I plan to sell my Tiger if the P proves to be a superior machine.

People say the Tiger is more maneuverable... but when I think about it... its a... heavy tank... I think maneuverability has more of a meaning on my Panzer IV & other mediums than on a heavy.

Afterwards, I plan to venture down the British line and grind me a Winston.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-11 at 12:01.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 13:55   Link #662
Gravitas Free Zone

Hmm. Despite not having binoculars (damn, money) on my Hetzer, I think I like using the 75mm L/48 more than the 105mm Derp. I don't like having to wait until things blunder into me, plus the reload time doesn't suit me.

Speaking of tank destroyers... I think the matchmaker was having a little fun this time. Also artillery.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2012-12-11 at 14:11.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:30   Link #663
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Speaking of tank destroyers... I think the matchmaker was having a little fun this time. Also artillery.
Last time the matchmaker had fun, I was in a Tier 2 facing Tier 7s...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-11, 14:43   Link #664
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So.. I think I've finally given up on playing the StuG. After achieving a piddling .. 37% win rate (which is partially due to starting at 50% crew) I think I'm going to retire from the TD line, at least for now, I just don't think it suits my playstyle..

That said, I almost have the XP on the Tiger P to research the Tiger .. which makes me wonder? 4502A or Tiger->Tiger II? Hmmm....

Reply hazy, ask again later
The 4502A is a medium tank killer. It is fast, maneuverable (well for a heavy tank at least), and well-armored enough to shrug off their shells sometimes. However its best gun is the L/71 (same as Tiger P) and as such isn't good for facing T8 TDs or other heavies.

I would get the Tiger II myself.

EDIT: The 4502P is a shitty tank until you grind all of the needed modules, which is over 100,000xp. Why? Because it gets the L/71 as its stock gun and you will be stuck with that gun at t9 until you get the 12.8 cm. Have fun bouncing stuff until then. Or use gold. It's the only way to stay sane while grinding this tank.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 15:34   Link #665
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I would recommend grinding both lines at once. You need the 105's from the Tiger II line or else like Leo says, the VK4502 Ausf. B will be absolutely horrid.

Tiger I's advantage over Tiger P is both its shape and its mobility. You may say mobility isn't important to a heavy tank, but the current state of the game is, mobility trumps armor and firepower. The Tiger I may not be fast, but it turns quickly and accelerates like a monster, and acceleration is great when you need to poke out to fire and pull back, or peek out to see things. Acceleration is also better than top speed when you are moving back and forth to throw off artillery, for example.

It's boxiness also helps a bit because its easier to hide in many cases. Sometimes a rock will be too short, leaving your rear end out hanging. But the Tiger I is wider so that sometimes works against it as well.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:33   Link #666
Sumeragi
Banned

A post for those that say the Tiger is a glass cannon (not here, just some other players):

A defeat, but when you're defeated after being hit 33 times by the most penetrating enemies, it shows what you can achieve with the Tiger.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 16:59   Link #667
LeoXiao
思想工作

What does it take to get Steel Wall these days?
Old 2012-12-11, 17:00   Link #668
Sumeragi
Banned

More than 10 hits (with over 1000 potential HP worth of damage), and survival.
Old 2012-12-11, 17:34   Link #669
Tak

I have a lot... and I mean a lot of steel wall awards for my Tiger I.

I am very surprised of it myself, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
ITiger I's advantage over Tiger P is both its shape and its mobility. You may say mobility isn't important to a heavy tank, but the current state of the game is, mobility trumps armor and firepower.
I like my Tiger. Its a good machine. However, there are times when I desire to lead a frontal assault in a Tier 7. To that end, I am still searching for the right vehicle. Though the T-29 looks delicious...

- Tak

Old 2012-12-11, 17:43   Link #670
Sumeragi
Banned

Operation Sniper:

Old 2012-12-11, 18:12   Link #671
Gravitas Free Zone

I got lucky here, since the other team was not as good at hull-down sniping as mine was. I also was shot in the rear by a KV-1 and it didn't penetrate.

It was my best fight to the relatively-short date in the PzIV. It's still got the new tank smell in it.

I also yelled out "URAAAAAAAA!" at one point.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:36   Link #672
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wish I could post the pic here from work, but my Churchill was able to survive a match with literally 1 HP out of 700, at the same time I was able to take down three other tanks with its stock gun, two of which were similar-tiered heavies.

Sadly I didn't get the Steel Wall medal for that one.
Old 2012-12-11, 18:48   Link #673
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 18:54   Link #674
LeoXiao
思想工作

Just got my T-34. I find that it looks cute and historical with its stock mod. 1940 turret. I know the next one is far superior but it looks ugly...

EDIT: BTW, it seems like our voting helped get KaiserMartens some gold.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:16   Link #675
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Captures every text I see ingame. "noob team" being the most frequent one.

Don't know about US server but we getting 8.2 tonight here in the EU. Grinded the hell to try get ready for the new American tank but looks like I won't be ready for it.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:33   Link #676
LeoXiao
思想工作

I proclaim "Fail team" or better, "stock team" a lot because too often it's true.
Old 2012-12-11, 20:17   Link #677
Gravitas Free Zone

My timing is terrible. I've been getting the daily award medals the day before they get announced, then I completely fail at that task on the actual day.
Old 2012-12-11, 20:25   Link #678
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
If not for the fact that I'm stuck in the terrible, terrible grind to the Tiger, I'd be tempted to try to get both the Sherman and the T-34.
Old 2012-12-11, 20:46   Link #679
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

And so the losing streak continues with literally 90% of the games I had today resulting in a lose =/

That said the games we did win where crushing victories so I did manage to scape enough xp and cash together to upgrade my Matilda with a new turret and a OQF 3-inch Howitzer which seems to pack more of a punch.

Also picked up the 76 mm AT Gun M7 L/50 for my M8A1 which has made it even more hilarious to use.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 22:05   Link #680
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
And so the losing streak continues with literally 90% of the games I had today resulting in a lose =/

That said the games we did win where crushing victories so I did manage to scape enough xp and cash together to upgrade my Matilda with a new turret and a OQF 3-inch Howitzer which seems to pack more of a punch.

Also picked up the 76 mm AT Gun M7 L/50 for my M8A1 which has made it even more hilarious to use.
The 3-inch howitzer?

That thing arcs as high as an SPG, can be outrun by a T-50, and doesn't give that much more alpha compared to the 2 pdr. Why would you want to suffer that?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks