AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-08, 13:51   Link #8521
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

greyhame6 , 0utf0xZer0 isn't talking about you but of those groups and indivisual than fight this center by reducing it as a '' mosque at ground zero''.

BTW, would you think than if this center would include also a church and a synagogue ( making it a multy-religious center ) ,would calm this campain against it ?
Old 2010-08-08, 14:00   Link #8522
greyhame6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
BTW, would you think than if this center would include also a church and a synagogue ( making it a multy-religious center ) ,would calm this campain against it ?
possibly yea but more likely it would set the battleground for the fight. its just too soon to bring any religion in there atm.
Old 2010-08-08, 15:02   Link #8523
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Oh for the good old days when people could claim to not want mosques due to the "noise" or the "traffic" (as if Churches or Synagogues produced no noise and had no members). Now it's all about American Muslims trying to institute Shariah law in America...
I actually don't mind prayer calls. They say that the Quran is not so meant to be read as it is meant to be heard. I agree.
Old 2010-08-08, 16:03   Link #8524
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I agree. I have no problem with having Mosques in America, or even in NYC. But at or near the site of ground zero.. That just screams as a knife in the kidneys to me.
Than some peoples could find a mosque at such place offensive is undersandable, but what distance would be safe to put this center ?

That also lead to other questioning; what to do if some peoples somplain than a gun sealer or shooting range is too near the site of a shooting ? ( I know than this possibility is near zero because of the power of the NRA but it could happen ) While being on a much smaler scale those also leave big scars into the community ...
Old 2010-08-08, 17:13   Link #8525
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Than some peoples could find a mosque at such place offensive is undersandable, but what distance would be safe to put this center ?

That also lead to other questioning; what to do if some peoples somplain than a gun sealer or shooting range is too near the site of a shooting ? ( I know than this possibility is near zero because of the power of the NRA but it could happen ) While being on a much smaler scale those also leave big scars into the community ...
Your analogy doesn't work. You are comparing a tool used, to a mindset. Otherwise you'd be banning airports since it was airplanes that hit the twin towers.

Tools are only that. Tools. It is the user that defines in what way they are used. For good, or evil, only the user can control a tool's outcome.
Old 2010-08-08, 19:38   Link #8526
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

You are mostly right; tools are only tools, they don't do the ''act'' but we are supposed to be talking about opinion highly influenced by emotion ( which are not really related to rationality).

Let's face it; after 9/11, some blamed Islam and after every school shooting some blamed the easy acces to gun.
Old 2010-08-08, 19:52   Link #8527
Lost Cause

It is far easier to blame a "thing" than it is the person who carried out the act these days! The unwillingness to either accept responsibility or take it seems to be gone. As with many things a "scapegoat" is required, afterall how can we be the ones to blame?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-08-08, 20:07   Link #8528
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
someone needs to watch some monty python.
The major parts about Monty Python I can remember are the monks who hit themselves on the heads with the books, Sir Lancelot being sexually confused, and the burn-the-witch episode. Guess it needs rewatching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's pretty much a good price for properly prepared ramen on the West Coast in the US ($6-$9 USD). Probably depends on how off-the-track the restaurant is. Price does not equal good taste necessarily. Real ramen (as opposed to the "space food in a cup, nuked") has lots of goodies and a broth of the gods.
It costs between $4.00 - $5.00 here. Numerically, it screams daylight robbery to me. $6.50 is only for ultra-large bowls enough to feed the person for 2 meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Personally, I think the people who decided to reduce this issue to "a mosque at ground zero" are trying to stir something up for personal gain and I'm kind of disgusted about that.
It's coined by Fox News. All it takes for is one media distributor to skew and release a perspective to mess up everything.

Why don't they build a Chinese temple and a Church (mixed, can be frequented by protestants, catholics, anglican, etc etc) nearby though?

Actually, from a logical point of view, it is a waste of resources. Those building material can be used for something more useful, like renovating a hospital.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-08, 23:38   Link #8529
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why don't they build a Chinese temple and a Church (mixed, can be frequented by protestants, catholics, anglican, etc etc) nearby though?
Those groups don't have Saudi oil money apparently.
Old 2010-08-09, 00:12   Link #8530
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
Those groups don't have Saudi oil money apparently.
There's lots of religious organizations with lots of money. The difference is that none of them have the same sort of incentives (re: image building objectives) that the group behind this project does.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:33   Link #8531
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

China milk powder blamed for 'baby breasts'
Quote:
Beijing (Aug 9, Mon): Parents and doctors in central China fear that hormones in milk powder they fed their infant daughters have led the babies to develop breasts prematurely, Chinese media reported today.

Medical tests indicated that the levels of hormones in three girls, ranging in age from 15 months to four years, and who were fed the same baby formula, exceeded those of the average adult woman, the China Daily reported.

"The amount of hormones in the babies definitely means there's a problem," chief physician Yang Qin of the child-care department at the Hubei Maternity and Children's Hospital was quoted as saying. "Parents should stop using the formula to feed their children and the powder should be analysed."

The local food safety authorities however refused a parent's request to investigate the formula made by Synutra, a company based in the eastern city of Qingdao, saying that they do not conduct tests at consumers' behest, the report said.

The suspected baby formula was still being sold in the Hubei provincial capital Wuhan — at discounted prices — and was still on store shelves in Beijing despite the concerns which surfaced last month, the Global Times said.

Synutra insisted that its products were safe. "No man-made 'hormones' or any illegal substances were added during production," it said in a statement, even though the China Daily reported that the infants showed unusually high levels of the hormones estradiol and prolactin.

Chinese dairy products were recalled worldwide in 2008 after it was revealed that melamine, a toxic chemical used to make plastics, was widely and illegally added to the products to give the appearance of higher protein.

Melamine was found in the products of 22 Chinese dairy companies in a massive scandal blamed for the deaths of at least six infants and for making 300,000 others ill in China.

AFP
Old 2010-08-09, 02:49   Link #8532
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Which means not only are babies entering precocious efeminization puberty, they're also lactating.

The problem is where they got the estrogen and the prolactin. Available estrogens in the market are either synthetic or animal derivations (usually equine), and there is currently no approved synthetic prolactin sources. The only places the estrogen and the prolactin could come from are human and animal sources, and human sources are iffy at best.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:10   Link #8533
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Even tho this is serious business I couldn't help but to laugh at that headline, I mean BABY BREASTS, thats just wrong.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:32   Link #8534
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Well, the company doesn't take any risk with it's statement:

Quote:
Synutra insisted that its products were safe. "No man-made 'hormones' or any illegal substances were added during production," it said in a statement, even though the China Daily reported that the infants showed unusually high levels of the hormones estradiol and prolactin.
It's obvious that they are indirectly pointing at the raw material: hormone laced milk due to the cows being treated at high level (prolactin, as it's name says is a hormone that stimulates lactaction).
Old 2010-08-09, 03:49   Link #8535
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Well, the company doesn't take any risk with it's statement:

It's obvious that they are indirectly pointing at the raw material: hormone laced milk due to the cows being treated at high level (prolactin, as it's name says is a hormone that stimulates lactaction).
However, at least for humans, prolactin is secreted upon stimulation of the nipples. Also, prolactin in mammalian milk is found in very minimal amounts. The most likely explanation is exaggerated milk production induced also by artificial introduction of prolactin, thus the prolactin in the milk is not reabsorbed by the secretory epithelium. It isn't that they are lacing the milk with hormones in this, but that the artificial induction of milk production allows higher than normal hormone levels in otherwise normal milk.
Old 2010-08-09, 06:56   Link #8536
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

All About Games: “They Cause Murder & Make You Illiterate”

I wonder how much went into printing those brochures. They look like an awful waste of money to me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-09, 07:06   Link #8537
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Stolen brides and life in exile from Chechnya

There's something very wrong with people kidnapping women to be their brides in 21st century and see nothing wrong about it.

Celebrating Turkish bridegroom kills relatives

Despite what the title says, it's not what you think it is.
Old 2010-08-09, 09:46   Link #8538
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
All About Games: “They Cause Murder & Make You Illiterate”

I wonder how much went into printing those brochures. They look like an awful waste of money to me.
This link is also over in news of the silly.... but yeah its also of serious concern.

The people who made this are the descendants of the bands of idiots that proclaimed D&D was "Satanism" in the 1980s. They're professional witch-burners and lynchmob leaders. Their underlying purpose is not to cleanse the land but to extract money from the clueless and gain power-influence. h g
Old 2010-08-09, 10:07   Link #8539
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In separate news, US corporations are getting their first taste of what can happen when they "exercise their artificial person rights to free speech" that the Supreme Court recently augmented.

The retail corporation Target just landed in hot water and watched their stock price dive by 4%, landed themselves boycotts from workers and gay advocates, and angered their own employees -- by donating to a far right candidate in a Minnesota governor's race.

Their current apology consists of "we liked his business views and weren't considering his other positions", "we're sorry ya'll got upset", "we have a process now for future donations". More damage to follow

http://www.twincities.com/business/c...123?source=pkg

It doesn't help that the CEO is already on record as donating to many far right groups and candidates - so basically it comes off as him using a large publicly traded corporation for his own personal agenda.

As one analyst put it, "a fine example of how focusing on the bottom line hurts the bottom line. You have to consider the entire picture."
Old 2010-08-09, 10:19   Link #8540
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This link is also over in news of the silly.... but yeah its also of serious concern.

The people who made this are the descendants of the bands of idiots that proclaimed D&D was "Satanism" in the 1980s. They're professional witch-burners and lynchmob leaders. Their underlying purpose is not to cleanse the land but to extract money from the clueless and gain power-influence.
What really disturbs me is that they export this kind of unfounded justifications overseas. I once read a PAGI (a local activist group for good internet) report that the Internet is a dangerous place and gave all sorts of crap reasons. Just one line gave me a facepalm : "studies from U.S show that..."

U.S may be really good in demographical studies due to their pragmatism, however that has declined over the decade as many asses misuse that kind of image to spread bullshit around the world. 1 year ago I read another bullshit which is a direct excerpt of the "rapelay" report, supposedly quoted from "Asahi Shimbun". There has been quite a number of errors :

1. Asahi Shimbun did not publish that article. It originated from U.S.
2. Rapelay does not give you points for raping the girls.
3. You lose the game if the girl(s) gets pregnant for too long.

This kind of New Age faggotry gets kind of annoying when many people take their side, especially dumb parents. Kids like us, no matter how much we know, have no say in their stupidification.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international