AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 05:30   Link #181
X10A_Freedom

Awesome episode. Have to agree with NoLongerSane.

The gibberish lyrics of the ED reminded me of Kawai Eri - R.I.P.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:21   Link #182
NoLongerSane

Just saw the Omake that came with the first episode. Extremely funny, especialy the part where Genius does the intro and is focused away into the background. Really loved it when Kratos shows up constantly yells Judgement.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:02   Link #183
NoLongerSane

Just finished watching the second episode for the Tethe'alla arc. Pretty enjoyable since it gives more insight on Presea and Regal.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2010-05-29, 04:45   Link #184
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

If only it has more episodes, so that we can see more amazing events from the game, that doesn't appear in the Anime.
Nocturne Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 20:41   Link #185
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
There will be two more episodes that'll cover the rest of the Tethe'alla part of the game, I'm sure... The next one doesn't come out until September 23, though. Unless you meant that you wanted more than 8 episodes, in which case I can't disagree, but I'm happy to get what we get.
Old 2010-06-02, 00:20   Link #186
NoLongerSane

I am actually enjoying that anime rendition of the series. Though I would have liked for more content that was in the game to be incorperated into the anime, I feel that what we have now has been done very well.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:44   Link #187
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Well, scratch what I said about 8 episodes, which is what I think we'd all assumed since the Tethe'alla episodes were announced. Now they've officially decided to finish the story with an additional four chapters, the United World episodes, which will start sometime next year presumably.

So after all this time, we'll have a whole 12 episode OVA series. Neat-o. Although this means I have to keep fansubbing until the end of 2011 now instead of 2010.
Old 2010-06-05, 12:56   Link #188
FireChick

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! More tales of symphonia for the win!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 13:25   Link #189
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Well, scratch what I said about 8 episodes, which is what I think we'd all assumed since the Tethe'alla episodes were announced. Now they've officially decided to finish the story with an additional four chapters, the United World episodes, which will start sometime next year presumably.

So after all this time, we'll have a whole 12 episode OVA series. Neat-o. Although this means I have to keep fansubbing until the end of 2011 now instead of 2010.
Awesome news to hear. I was wondering how they were going to finish the storyline in the next two episodes without making it look very rushed.
Old 2010-06-06, 11:32   Link #190
Tetsu Aero

Uh oh, that probably mean they might squeeze Emil into the next
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 02:15   Link #191
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I appreciate it regardless. The OVAs will be done before we know it and we'll be relishing in (hopefully) accurate subbing.

Hopefully they'll stick the fight between Lloyd and Kratos in. Maybe not but it'd make my day.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 14:27   Link #192
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Alicia looked way too young in those scenes. Hard to believe she was suppose to be 16 years old or so. Then again, this is the same series that somehow made Colette older than Tear. Ah well, it's actually what I expected, nonetheless.

Loved the portrayal of Presea here. I didn't really like her that much in the game, but the anime has raised my opinion of her. I can see why she's popular enough to make it into Tales of VS over more plot-relevant characters like Zelos.

Think they'll finally work in the whole summon spirits subplot into the rest of the Tethe'alla arc, now that Sheena's finally taking center stage? I mean, beyond just Volt. Okay, maybe that's a bit too optimistic of me.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 20:13   Link #193
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Well, we know from the OP that the Volt issue has to be dealt with, but I don't think they will have much time beyond that. Tethe'alla 3 looks like it'll be Sheena-centric, hopefully with some nice Sheena/Lloyd moments...
Old 2010-06-18, 13:44   Link #194
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Well, we know from the OP that the Volt issue has to be dealt with, but I don't think they will have much time beyond that. Tethe'alla 3 looks like it'll be Sheena-centric, hopefully with some nice Sheena/Lloyd moments...
I'm not holding my breath on this one. There's been more Sheena/Zelos than Sheena/Lloyd so far. And the Lloyd/Collette in this series is about as obvious as Tomoya/Nagisa was in Clannad, lol.
Old 2010-06-18, 18:05   Link #195
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I'm not holding my breath on this one. There's been more Sheena/Zelos than Sheena/Lloyd so far. And the Lloyd/Collette in this series is about as obvious as Tomoya/Nagisa was in Clannad, lol.
Lol, very true. Though I do find the Genus/Presea moments to be amusing. Hopefully the next two episodes deal with obtaining some of the summon spirits and saving Collette. There is quite a few material that could be used in the next upcoming OVA's.
Old 2010-06-18, 19:07   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Mah, they weren't very subtle in the first place

Spoiler for Viva tales of Lemon gumi:

(7:00min)

Llyod: "By the way, Collette would be impossible to get, just so you know."
Zelos: "Ehhhh?? What do you mean?"
Lloyd: "It's obvious isn't it? Because Collette has me!"

(7:30min)

Lloyd: "You have Sheena you know..."
Zelos: "Sheena? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?!?!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 19:28   Link #197
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mah, they weren't very subtle in the first place

Spoiler for Viva tales of Lemon gumi:

(7:00min)

Llyod: "By the way, Collette would be impossible to get, just so you know."
Zelos: "Ehhhh?? What do you mean?"
Lloyd: "It's obvious isn't it? Because Collette has me!"

(7:30min)

Lloyd: "You have Sheena you know..."
Zelos: "Sheena? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?!?!"
Lol, nice. Well, Zelos reaped what he sowed.

So they pretty much posted the majority of the pairings from the main characters in that video from the Tales series.
Old 2010-06-21, 18:20   Link #198
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Well, they did toss a bone to Sheena/Lloyd shippers at the beginning of the Knight of Ratatosk bonus DVD skit, where they actually did try to go with the whole AU high school joke.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-23, 01:33   Link #199
Crontica

Quote:

TWELVE EPISODE OVA SERIES!? Yigdiggitydawn, at nearly an hour per episode this is going to be sweet.
Old 2010-08-14, 20:52   Link #200
the hispanic viewer

The thing Im really curious about in the next episode is what happens to Zelos. The anime really differs from the game but If anyone has played it they know that Zelos could die. I want to see whether he does because it would be ashame that he did but it could make the OVA more traumatic. Well either way the OVAs are really good! of course only eight episodes and so long before there released :/