Notices

Old 2020-05-27, 09:36   Link #321
Botan_TM

Spoiler for Episode 9 preview:
Old 2020-05-27, 21:05   Link #322
Cannikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Not bad episode, but still it felt a bit like a filler.
Episodes 7 and 8 were mostly anime-original filler, with the exception of the Acchan part at the beginning of 7 and the after credits scene with Alan in 8 (which was partially adapted from a LN side story).

It concerns me that it feels like they've been rushing the main story to make room for this anime-original filler. I feel like many scenes in episodes 1-6 were blasted through (or skipped entirely), and I'm afraid they'll similarly rush the latter part of the main story.

Last edited by Cannikin; 2020-05-27 at 21:47. Reason: Forgot the Acchan part in Ep 7
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 13:41   Link #323
Frontier

Yay, an Anne-focused episode! It's great to see Catarina's long-suffering maid confidante in the spotlight at last .

Even the maid can see how obvious the Harem dynamic is .

When the boys in the Harem have no real reason to be together beyond their shared interest in pursuing Catarina...Although Nicol was excited at the prospect of having male friends and Alan thought it would've been cool .

I'm not surprised Mary would already be plotting to run away with and practically elope with Catarina. Or that she would be reborn as a boy and one-up Alan for a better chance to win Catarina .

I...don't think any of those two pajama's would have actually existed in the timeframe, but the joke was still effective how Catarina's natural fashion sense makes her look like a dork .

I love how the girls' ideas for what they'd want to do with their ideal partner is just what they usually do with Catarina, except for Sophia who just thinks like a romance novel. I love how Mary was more woke then Catarina .

It was interesting getting to see Anne's backstory. The illegitimate child of a baron who was taught to be subservient and then lost her mother and future prospects in a fire that also cemented her status as just being a tool in father's eyes. Then she finds last-ditch work as a maid for Catarina Claes and ends up being saved by the new Catarina just as she saved or helped out the rest of her Harem .

While Anne may have to deal with in Bakarina's frustrating antics, she's gained in having someone who truly cares for, cherishes, and needs Anne in her life. I don't think Anne views Catarina the same as the rest of the Harem do, but she definitely cares for and is as loyal to Catarina as her friends .

The one thing about Catarina is it's pretty clear the kinds of things she actually wants, but that also makes it easy for the rest of the Harem to buy her gifts too .

Mary and Keith's reactions to having to wear those outfits was pretty hilarious. The lengths they go to for this girl .
Old 2020-05-30, 16:59   Link #324
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yay, an Anne-focused episode! It's great to see Catarina's long-suffering maid confidante in the spotlight at last .

Even the maid can see how obvious the Harem dynamic is .

When the boys in the Harem have no real reason to be together beyond their shared interest in pursuing Catarina...Although Nicol was excited at the prospect of having male friends and Alan thought it would've been cool .

I'm not surprised Mary would already be plotting to run away with and practically elope with Catarina. Or that she would be reborn as a boy and one-up Alan for a better chance to win Catarina .
She's pretty serious about wanting to steal Catarina away, by hook or by crook...

Quote:
I...don't think any of those two pajama's would have actually existed in the timeframe, but the joke was still effective how Catarina's natural fashion sense makes her look like a dork .
The eggplant was cute, but looks uncomfortable to sleep in.

OTOH, what kind of idiot would make a luminous pajama?

Quote:
The one thing about Catarina is it's pretty clear the kinds of things she actually wants, but that also makes it easy for the rest of the Harem to buy her gifts too .

Mary and Keith's reactions to having to wear those outfits was pretty hilarious. The lengths they go to for this girl .
It reminded me of a Nozaki chapter where his assistants all brought him ink...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 17:48   Link #325
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's pretty serious about wanting to steal Catarina away, by hook or by crook...
Now I imagine Mary all dressed up Phantom Thief style to steal away Catarina from all the boys .
Old 2020-05-30, 18:51   Link #326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Who has it worst, Hayasaka or Anne?

It was nice to see things from her point of view, which doesn't differ much from ours. She's got everyone figured out. Her story makes me wonder what happened to her in the game. Without Bakarina to stop her, she probably wasn't in it because she was married off long before the game's storyline started.

Seems like everyone had the same reaction when they received the invitation from Bakarina. They really should have known better.
Old 2020-05-30, 19:37   Link #327
Meophist

Images
Episode 9
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nametags are in Japanese…

Which means that nobody except for Catarina can read them, right?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 00:05   Link #328
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 9:

Poor Geordo, he thought to be alone with Katarina.. but it was just a farming session with everyone!

Mary has a dangerous plan.. they would probably be executed if try to to run away.

So that's how Katarina got her maid. It's nice that she was saved.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 00:32   Link #329
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

It was nice to see things from her point of view, which doesn't differ much from ours. She's got everyone figured out. Her story makes me wonder what happened to her in the game. Without Bakarina to stop her, she probably wasn't in it because she was married off long before the game's storyline started.
Actually I can answer that for you in PM if you don't mind the spoiler.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 01:41   Link #330
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Images
Episode 9
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nametags are in Japanese…

Which means that nobody except for Catarina can read them, right?
Oh god, Mary looks like she's ready to reach between dimensions and whip out a rocket launcher XD
Old 2020-05-31, 03:00   Link #331
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Definitely Hayasaka. Anne at least doesn't have to play ninja or wear 100 faces because of her mistress' schemes.

Quote:
There's a spinoff where Catarina reincarnates later, when she's already in school. Anne's in it too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 04:06   Link #332
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:

I would assume that almost the exact same thing happened, actually. Anne not being married off is contingent on Katarina selfishly wanting Anne to stay and take care of her, be it kind Katarina or evil Katarina. the difference is that Anne is Fortune Lover word likely lacks the loyalty that Bakarina's Anne has.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 09:04   Link #333
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Anne's backstory is one of my favorite
Anime really did a good job.. in WN, it is only a single chapter.. in manga, it is only several panels.. but in anime, they expanded it further by letting Anne become a narrator and put pajama party to prolong her spotlight
Katarina X Maria and Katarina X Anne are my favorite ship after all..

That shear gift ending though.. priceless! As expected from our blackhole-chan

I forgot to mention at how they finally revealed Mary's grand escape plan I hope it would really happen in the future
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 12:17   Link #334
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
I would assume that almost the exact same thing happened, actually. Anne not being married off is contingent on Katarina selfishly wanting Anne to stay and take care of her, be it kind Katarina or evil Katarina. the difference is that Anne is Fortune Lover word likely lacks the loyalty that Bakarina's Anne has.
I kinda assumed original Catarina wouldn't care who her maid was, and that Anne (who is ultimately the one who told her father to go screw himself) wouldn't have had any incentive to stay at her side. Well, got my answer anyway.
Old 2020-05-31, 12:41   Link #335
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Seems like everyone had the same reaction when they received the invitation from Bakarina. They really should have known better.
Hayasaka. Anne doesn't actively get pulled into her mistress's antics and she hasn't things like a hospital ruined for her
Old 2020-05-31, 14:12   Link #336
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Hayasaka. Anne doesn't actively get pulled into her mistress's antics and she hasn't things like a hospital ruined for her
I think it helps that this episodes showed more of the "give and take" of Catarina and Anne's dynamic, where as with Hayasaka and Kaguya it's more of just Hayasaka giving to Kaguya on command and not getting much back from it aside from the big Shinomiya paycheck .
Old 2020-05-31, 19:46   Link #337
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I kinda assumed original Catarina wouldn't care who her maid was, and that Anne (who is ultimately the one who told her father to go screw himself) wouldn't have had any incentive to stay at her side. Well, got my answer anyway.
Spoiler for spinoff spoiler about Anna:
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 00:15   Link #338
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 8:

I like the twins in the storybook. Sophia so kawaii when becoming aggressive, and can Nicol jump like that for real. I guess with magic he might be able to?

That tree climbing scene with Alan at the end is so romantic! This is my ship for Katarina on the male side. Glad to see a bit of it.
I ship Catarina x Alan also after ep. 8. Geordo and Nicol had the moves, but Alan plays the piano and had a tree scene (reminded me of Kanon).
Old 2020-06-01, 14:58   Link #339
Blueknight78

yeah even the maid can't resist "bakarina's chicken magnetic powers" and bakarina still on her "catch them all" hunt, and man "mary" is getting more and more crazy, overtime, for sure she is a very yeandere borderline, for sure from all of then she is the most obssessed over bakarina.

i gonna be honest while it still funny, i'm really start to get annoyed by bakarina "denseness", its making even the most "dense male mc" i've aleady saw looks not so dense when compared to her, because even when they peoples in love with her are actually confessing to her(excluding the prince brother which thanks to mary still unaware of his feelings for ker) and despise all the confessions of love she still so obssessed with that "flag" stuffs, which she just ignore everyone, no matter how hard they trying to make her notice they feelings, bakarina is start to feel like a parody/mocking" to the dense mc, because she is too over the top on that and while she is aware of "love", she can't see a thing in front of her face even if it hit her hard.

that pajama party, was really fun, a full episode focused on the maid, was really interesting know her background and which she really like bakarina and not just following her because she is her master and "orders", but because bakarina did as she did to everyone else, she helped her to overcome her issues and stop to see herself just as a "tool".

Another note abou the "side story" would be really interesting to see how bakarina could be fare when she don't have all the time and chances to change everyone "too early", making everyone fall for her "so late in the game" would be much more hard specially for the males which were the ones which she most influenced when they are still childrens and she prevented everyone to have "twisted personalities", then having her dealing with all the twisted personalities would be more interesting and chalenge than what was when she could prevent everyone to become what they were supposed to be in the future making much more easy to everyone fall for her and become too attached to her.
Old 2020-06-03, 01:15   Link #340
Konja9

In the last weeks, Alan x Catarina has really grown in popularity:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AniTrendz...01343686180864

Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reincarnated mc, reverse harem