AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-03-13, 21:37   Link #18681
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
So apparently the prologue and the first fragment chapter for volume 20 got leaked, according to Facebook. No idea if it is true since I’m shit at searching citations, but here’s a rough summary of what was supposedly leaked from Facebook
Prologue
First the Sephira crystals are reflections of an aspect of Mio’s feeling when she is creating it, red is anger, blue is sorrow, and black regret. The more negative the emotion of the crystal the stronger the spirit it will create, but at the same time the crystal will require more refining before being safe for humans.
As such Mio tried to refine her own emotions before creating to try to limit the ‘toxins’ that endanger the human body that lead to the deaths of people for the refining process
Eventually Mio used one of her stronger emotions: love. This leads to the Sephira crystal gaining its own free will and body, becoming the girl who would become Tohka. While amazed at the development Mio realized this could interfere with her plan, and tried to revert Tohka to her crystal. Tohka senses Mio’s hostility and tried to attack her but is easily defeated.
Mio thinks about destroying the girl but decides against it since she is like her a pure Spirit. Mio’s first words to Tohka are kinda ominous
“My daughter, I welcome you. — To have arrived at the most vile world.”

Fragment chapter 1: guy doesn’t have a good idea since the character is not named but thinks it’s from Inverse Tohka’s perspective while sleeping in Tohka’s mind
Yes, it's accurate.
Or at least, it matches the Book Walker preview pages.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go, by D.U.
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 01:34   Link #18682
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I've got no problem with them at all, but the novels are ending. Shido has never shown any special attention or attachment to being Shiori, and its far too late for him to pick any up, not to mention been far too long since she first appeared - so she isn't important. She was clearly never intended to be - like, unfortunately, Mana.

It's too late now to make her anything more, and Tachibana has never at any point implied that she will be. You can hope she will all you like - but just as nothing's stopping you from saying 'but I hope she will', nothing's stopping me from saying 'but she probably won't'. Shiori isn't importannt - get over it.

Besides, saying that Shiori is 'on the side' is a bit much - she was a major plot point in V6, yes, but every other time she's shown up (V9, V12 and V14) have been largely just for laughs - there is no depth to them. Had there been depth, then I would have agreed with you. But there hasn't. There have also been many oppurtunities where Shiori could have appeared more, too - like in V1, helping to sell manga...but she didn't. Shido and Shiori weren't designed to be like Ranma.

Tachibana works by foreshadowing things heavily - look at Tohka and Mio. If Shiori were important, we'd know by now. Of course, feel free to ignore these logical fallacies keep hoping/dreaming/theorising...but if you post them I will dissect them - that's what a forum is about. If you post a theory, others will dissect its points to see if it makes sense and if they agree or not. If reading my responses annoys you, then either don't post them in the first place, or just put me on your ignore list or something.
Oh wow you sound quite angry and defensive, I am sorry if something I said made you mad. I have no interest on putting you on the ignore list as I don't believe in censorship or one not being able to hear what the other is saying. I'm not annoyed by your responses one bit and I understand you just want to say it as it is. Actually I'm quite astonished and amazed that you understand me so well, it's like you can read my thoughts before I can think of them. I have no desire nor intreste being on the opposite end of you. you're a very philosophical and deep thinking person and I rather be friends with someone like that than a foe.

I should've added in the 'I know it's too late' part, that is my mistake on my end and I am quite aware it's too late to add anything new. I guess all I'm looking for is my ideas for Shido to be liked and acknowledged like 'Yeah it's a bit weird but for this type of story but I love to see that happen'. I guess I just wondered if I was really alone on how I felt about the story and also disappointed it didn't go the way it did. If I upset you in anyway again I'm really sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Yeah can’t help but think that somehow my joke suggestion for who would be on the final volume’s fan service shot, got taken massively out of context especially when I outright stated what it was.
Please you did nothing wrong, I simply replied back with my own thoughts and theories is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Nah, s/he's always posting theories like that.
I don't mind telling you I'm a he you know, I have no issues admitting my gender.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 10:04   Link #18683
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Hello I'm new in this thread!!

Sooo I see this LN is about to conclude, sad but wow that looong journey~
well allow me to give My own bias thought on what conclusion it might become, since the talk concerns on that topic anyway.

Perhaps the End might go on a super cliche Human End scenario? So basically its a end were..
• All of the spirit became human!
• The world rewritten no spirit calamity ever happens!
• Shido might become a god & make the world what seems right for him!
• Origami parent never die!
• All former spirits have there own respective normal happy life!
• Not a single one remembers the former world expect God Shido & perhaps Mio too!
• God Shido seperate a piece of him, which is the part of his former human self then reincarnate it & make it go live a normal life without the memories as God or all the events happen from V1 till last Volume!!
• well just for some gag perhaps Shiori will make a final come back(loooool) as a Goddess! Cuz when God Shido seperate the male part of him & make it live a normal human life the God became a Goddess that will watch over both the world & her human male counter part....until they reunite again & became one once more.
• then human Shido lives with Mana & Kotori is a neighbor/childhood friend/selfproclaim Imouto.
• then the final scene is the same as the very first scene in the series, normal school life, Origami have a mysterious deep crush on him despite herself not knowing why cuz no memories but her feelings miraculously remain. T)
• Then new transfer student came!! Who happen to be the human girl Tohka!! who somehow vaguely remember miraculously but not all! only pieces regarding Shido. Then Tohka confess at first sight then use the catch pharse of the series right at first meeting in front all class mate to Shido..."then lets start to date!"( I cant remember the exact phrase~)



Ahahahaha that what I felt going to happen a boring beta cliche ending....hopefully HOPEFULLY!! This kind of end Never come true cuz I still hope for a harem end without erasing the spirit powers, despite all complain harem is the way~

Well well sorry for the long nonsense post♪
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 11:10   Link #18684
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Preview pics for Ep.10 are up. Seems like a nice pacing to me.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 17:56   Link #18685
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
She’s coming!........
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 21:13   Link #18686
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Prologue
First the Sephira crystals are reflections of an aspect of Mio’s feeling when she is creating it, red is anger, blue is sorrow, and black regret. The more negative the emotion of the crystal the stronger the spirit it will create, but at the same time the crystal will require more refining before being safe for humans.
As such Mio tried to refine her own emotions before creating to try to limit the ‘toxins’ that endanger the human body that lead to the deaths of people for the refining process.
Fascinating. It sounds like we will find out each crystal's colour and which crystal was assigned to which character. We already know that Kotori's was red, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Hello I'm new in this thread!!

Sooo I see this LN is about to conclude, sad but wow that looong journey~
well allow me to give My own bias thought on what conclusion it might become, since the talk concerns on that topic anyway.

Perhaps the End might go on a super cliche Human End scenario? So basically its a end were..
• All of the spirit became human!
• The world rewritten no spirit calamity ever happens!
• Shido might become a god & make the world what seems right for him!
• Origami parent never die!
• All former spirits have there own respective normal happy life!
• Not a single one remembers the former world expect God Shido & perhaps Mio too!
• God Shido seperate a piece of him, which is the part of his former human self then reincarnate it & make it go live a normal life without the memories as God or all the events happen from V1 till last Volume!!
• well just for some gag perhaps Shiori will make a final come back(loooool) as a Goddess! Cuz when God Shido seperate the male part of him & make it live a normal human life the God became a Goddess that will watch over both the world & her human male counter part....until they reunite again & became one once more.
• then human Shido lives with Mana & Kotori is a neighbor/childhood friend/selfproclaim Imouto.
• then the final scene is the same as the very first scene in the series, normal school life, Origami have a mysterious deep crush on him despite herself not knowing why cuz no memories but her feelings miraculously remain. T)
• Then new transfer student came!! Who happen to be the human girl Tohka!! who somehow vaguely remember miraculously but not all! only pieces regarding Shido. Then Tohka confess at first sight then use the catch pharse of the series right at first meeting in front all class mate to Shido..."then lets start to date!"( I cant remember the exact phrase~)
Undoing all the damage (and the millions of deaths) that the spacequakes did to humanity would be commendable, but it would also mean that Shidou wouldn't exist anymore if this was accomplished via time travel (such as permanently stopping the initial summoning of Mio). Still I think your ending is plausible if Tachibana goes for the "happiest" ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
First of all, I'd love to see the other Inverse Forms too. But the fact is, that they are unimportant - they'd bring nothing to the main story besides drag it out whenever they appeared. Tachibana could have easily structured things differently, and made them important, but he didn't want to. And that's fine.
That's Tachibana's loss then. The figure collectors would certainly like to collect figures of the Inverse forms, for instance. They'd also go great in an artbook, maybe with one-page stories showing the difficulties of dating and sealing such "misunderstood" spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
FMP was not a harem-genre novel - that's what I mean. As I've already told you, there was going to be a Hollywood movie. That's proof enough.
Without western DVD sales figures we don't know if that was the impetus or if it was a passion project or otherwise, since the FMP live-action Hollywood project was floated in 2009, four years after the airing of the Second Raid season, which is, again, enough time for fans to forget and move on (don't forget the FMP novels were never officially translated into English, never mind that the Hollywood project never panned out).

As an example of a passion project not based on sales of the original Japanese material, the James Cameron movie Alita: Battle Angel was made not because its original manga titled Gunnm was very popular in the west, but because it was a personal project of James Cameron. Edge of Tomorrow was also made despite its original novel, All You Need Is Kill, having no significant market share in the west. So it's also possible that FMP happened to catch the eye of someone in Hollywood rather than it being a result of western fan demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Yes, you've posted it before. It doesn't make any further anime any more likely.
That diagram wasn't addressed to you, it was addressed to BCMan5388. I don't suppose that something like western DAL fans sending 4th season requests to the official DAL twitter account would hurt though.

Anyway, for those who can't wait and want to see the preview pictures of episode 10, you can see them on the official DAL III webpage.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 22:16   Link #18687
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
First the Sephira crystals are reflections of an aspect of Mio’s feeling when she is creating it, red is anger, blue is sorrow, and black regret. The more negative the emotion of the crystal the stronger the spirit it will create, but at the same time the crystal will require more refining before being safe for humans.
Looking back at this I’m kinda left wondering if this actually a bit of foreshadowing that Yoshino may actually be stronger than we first thought. It was mentioned in volume 18 that Yoshino’s crystal is blue from when Mio began collecting the crystals again, so her crystal was sorrow. And since sorrow is very likely to have been a pretty strong emotion she was feeling due to Shinji’s death it would probably be pretty negative, and in volume 16 it’s mentioned one of the berserk Spirit’s killed used ice and so was likely Yoshino’s predecessor, and thus has gone through refining a few times

So now I’m thinking up the theory that Yoshino is one of the stronger Spirit’s with Yoshinon possibly acting as an unconscious power limiter. Probably looking a bit to much into it in all likelihood but the thought won’t leave my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That's Tachibana's loss then. The figure collectors would certainly like to collect figures of the Inverse forms, for instance. They'd also go great in an artbook, maybe with one-page stories showing the difficulties of dating and sealing such "misunderstood" spirits.
Remember general consensus has mostly been we will see the rest of the Spirit’s inverse forms in one of the art books like Yoshino’s was
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 07:42   Link #18688
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Looking back at this I’m kinda left wondering if this actually a bit of foreshadowing that Yoshino may actually be stronger than we first thought. It was mentioned in volume 18 that Yoshino’s crystal is blue from when Mio began collecting the crystals again, so her crystal was sorrow. And since sorrow is very likely to have been a pretty strong emotion she was feeling due to Shinji’s death it would probably be pretty negative, and in volume 16 it’s mentioned one of the berserk Spirit’s killed used ice and so was likely Yoshino’s predecessor, and thus has gone through refining a few times

So now I’m thinking up the theory that Yoshino is one of the stronger Spirit’s with Yoshinon possibly acting as an unconscious power limiter. Probably looking a bit to much into it in all likelihood but the thought won’t leave my head

Remember general consensus has mostly been we will see the rest of the Spirit’s inverse forms in one of the art books like Yoshino’s was
We have the Spirit's official stats, though, and Yoshino's rather weak.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go, by D.U.
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 08:35   Link #18689
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
We have the Spirit's official stats, though, and Yoshino's rather weak.
Yeah I’ll be honest I’ll kinda forgot we had the official stats for the Spirits when I was posting it, so I’ll give you that. Especially since I myself admitted that it was a theory that came from me looking to deeply into something that probably wasn’t there
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 11:46   Link #18690
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
After seeing Ep.10 I'm curious how the uncensored version of this encounter will look like. Quite sure it won't stay this way .
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 12:37   Link #18691
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
After seeing Ep.10 I'm curious how the uncensored version of this encounter will look like. Quite sure it won't stay this way .
Which encounter do you mean?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 13:34   Link #18692
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Which encounter do you mean?
Origami and Kurumi. While the novel has quite clear what happened, the anime was rather tame in contrast. Remember back in season 2 how Kurumis beheading looked in the tv version vs. retail. I think we could getting something similar here.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 14:53   Link #18693
Werter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Fascinating. It sounds like we will find out each crystal's colour and which crystal was assigned to which character. We already know that Kotori's was red, for instance.


We know it for a long time.

Origami - white
Nia - grey
Kurumi - black
Yoshino - blue
Kotori - red
Yamai - orange
Mukuro - yellow
Natsume - green
Miku - light indigo
Tohka - dark violet
Werter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 14:54   Link #18694
Werter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
So, if spoilers are true, I was right with my thoughts - Tohka is Mio (clone/version)
Werter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 17:01   Link #18695
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werter View Post


We know it for a long time.

Origami - white
Nia - grey
Kurumi - black
Yoshino - blue
Kotori - red
Yamai - orange
Mukuro - yellow
Natsume - green
Miku - light indigo
Tohka - dark violet
Thank you. So we'll find out which emotions are associated with which crystals then. So far we know Yoshino's, Kotori's, and Tohka's associated emotions.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 18:23   Link #18696
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Thank you. So we'll find out which emotions are associated with which crystals then. So far we know Yoshino's, Kotori's, and Tohka's associated emotions.
You forgot Kurumi, it’s mentioned black is regret and we know Kurumi has the black crystal
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 20:45   Link #18697
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Here comes the fanart of Kurumi’s new Astral Dress.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3447021


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
You forgot Kurumi, it’s mentioned black is regret and we know Kurumi has the black crystal
Which is fitting in light of why she became a spirit in the first place.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 21:23   Link #18698
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Here comes the fanart of Kurumi’s new Astral Dress.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3447021


Which is fitting in light of why she became a spirit in the first place.
I understand you are probably still a bit behind on LN’s so you might be getting things mixed up to an extent, but Kurumi became a Spirit because she was lead to initially believe she was doing good by Mio up until the point she learned she had killed her best friend and learned the truth behind what she had been doing. Regret certainly plays a part in her motivations afterwards though
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-17, 02:51   Link #18699
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
I understand you are probably still a bit behind on LN’s so you might be getting things mixed up to an extent, but Kurumi became a Spirit because she was lead to initially believe she was doing good by Mio up until the point she learned she had killed her best friend and learned the truth behind what she had been doing. Regret certainly plays a part in her motivations afterwards though
I know all that from spoilers, that’s exactly what I was referring to about regret. She regrets being fooled by Mio and becoming a spirit only to end up killing her friend.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-17, 14:54   Link #18700
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
so while I was checking Facebook for any new information for volume 20 that may have been brought up and I saw someone had translated the Book Walker preview pages, and someone also brought up a really neat piece information regrading Inverse Tohka and Tohka due to them. so I'm gonna put them here, due to how interesting they are

Spoiler for Volume 20 preview excerpt 1:


Spoiler for Volume 20 excerpt part 2:


Spoiler for Volume 20 preview excerpt part 3:


and so according to a guy who summed all the parts up, Inverse Tohka is the first personality created from the crystal. due to how Mio wanted to experiment with a way to refine the Sephira crystals with having to sacrifice humans. Mio originally intended to use only her love, but she also unintentionally put in her resentment as well.
so regular Tohka seems to represent Mio's love, while Inverse Tohka is Mio's resentment, and it seems like the only thing she cares about is her other self.
due to how Mio didn't want to kill Tohka she just put Inverse Tohka to sleep allowing Tohka's personality to grow. and so Tohka is one body with two parallel personalities, one representing love, the other hatred
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.