AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2019-02-28, 22:05   Link #161
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

YOTSUBA BEST GRILL!!! And Ayaneru with the ojousama bitch laugh... <3

Also, where is Nino and who is that girl they have drawn to replace her with? Can't even blame the ED stealing all the Nino budget when it wasn't even played this episode. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-28, 22:16   Link #162
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

We. Were. So. Close. To. The. Truth.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 01:09   Link #163
Frontier

Futaro used to be a delinquent? That was a fun twist. And he's Nino's type .

It was nice to have an episode that was majorly focused on Yotsuba. She may be kind of dumb and simple-minded, but her earnestness and enthusiasm are as endearing as they are entertaining .

I liked seeing Nino genuinely worried that she'd hurt Futaro before she and Itsuki realized he'd tricked them. Always nice to show that Nino isn't completely standoffish or heartless towards him .

Yeah, Yotsuba's confession was probably genuine. I don't think the episode would focus so much on how straightforward and honest she is just to have that be the one thing she was 100% able to fake, especially when it explains so much about why she's been trying to get along with Futaro so much since they first met and she never provided a convenient alternative either. Not surprised she's the first sister to confess though .

I wonder if Ichika was trying to get her sister's to get closer to Futaro or was just trying to help Futaro with his job by making sure he could contact all of them (or both)? Either way, she has great blackmail material if she ever wants to continue to make him do things in the future .

How did Futaro think entering Nino's room while she was sleeping was a good idea? I don't care if Miku gave him permission, we all know how those kinds of things end. I guess he was that desperate to make sure nobody saw that picture .

Nino's legs .

"As long as I can do it by the time I'm wearing my wedding dress." Well, the bride had her ears pierced, but that's probably such a general accessory for brides that it's not a major point in Nino's favor .

Of course Futaro doesn't turn around and see the pictures of the Quintuplets, because we can't just resolve the mystery of that or the bride so soon (even though we're 3/4 into the cour at this point) .
Old 2019-03-01, 09:16   Link #164
DracoS

She's not that bright Grecefar ?
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 10:58   Link #165
WingedAccelerator

The directing is quite odd.

The Fireworks Festival ended with Chapter 12, Episode 5, while the First Exams were Chapter 15-20, Episodes 6-7.
They started adapting Chapter 13 in the beginning of Episode 6 (The part, where Ichika mentions that she told the other quints about her job), then they skipped to Chapter 15 from there. So this episode more or less adapted the skipped chapters, but also continued this weird mix.

The first segment was from Chapter 14. In the manga, Fuutarou read the exam notification there, but since they changed the order, obviously that was cut. The anime also added Raiha's line about the girl being Fuutarou's first love. Are you happy, Dragoon?

Then they adapted Chapter 21 completely. Man, Yotsuba's breasts were all over the place. No wonder she got banned in China. Loved Ayaneru's delivery on THAT line.

After that they started adapting Chapter 22, but when the Binding Legend got mentioned, they transitioned the whole thing into the remaining stuff from Chapter 13. Fuutarou getting the contacts of the others, while suspecting Yotsuba's pushover behavior is just an act.
Two things here: Will they cut my boy, Maeda, and Miku's thoughts regarding dating, not understanding why people go out with the person they like?

Finally, they adapted the remaining parts of Chapter 14. I'm on the Yotsuba camp regarding the Kyoto girl.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 18:19   Link #166
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Blargh, all that Ayaneru goodness, and Negi is addicted to Inorin's "Yappa Murii!" Can't say I blame him, since I personally think it would be next to impossible to top Inorin as performance of the year, but just goes to show Yotsuba is just an afterthought to Negi when this is like THE Yotsuba episode. XD

Old 2019-03-07, 18:04   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is too funny. Miku actually put on a wig this time (so hair cut and hair color matched), which makes it instantly more believable that people would think she is Ichika, but the guy actually would have seen through it if not for Futaro's invention
Old 2019-03-07, 18:34   Link #168
Frontier

Miku pretending to be Ichika was pretty amusing, what with for once a believable impersonation by a Quint using a wig only for someone to actually see through it pretty quickly .

I'm kind of surprised Nino is the only one who picked out normal clothes for Futaro. I mean, I think she's probably the sister most into the latest fashion trends and whatnot, but considering her reaction to young Futaro I would've thought she'd have been the one to dress him like a punk .

Raiha is such a sweetheart. I really don't blame Futaro for giving up the camping trip to take care of her. And the girls all coming to pick him up was also pretty nice .

But dang, the dad must have a really grueling and demanding job if he didn't get home until the very next morning, especially with his daughter sick. Then again, I guess they really need income .

I guess when you're in a Harem with your sisters you're more comfortable letting one of your sisters get moment with the object of your affection, since you always share everything. Although I wonder if Miku will be able to help herself moving forward...even Ichika is starting to waver, it seems like.

Hot springs! Naked girls! Revealing poses .

I'm guessing the girls are under the impression that they all look exactly alike with their hair down? Even though Yotsuba and Ichika both have short hair? And even ignoring the different hair colors? Really, the only two I could see naturally passing for each other are Itsuki and Nino since their hair length and shading isn't all that far off from each other, especially compared to Miku .

So Itsuki is determined to prove whether Futaro is qualified to be a tutor or not and is flustered whether one of her sisters might have tried to kiss him, Nino is trying to find a dance partner like young Futaro, Miku is still stuck on the "legend" about a couple dancing around the campfire, Ichika is mulling over whether to take a break from school for her career (and her own feelings for Futaro), and Yotsuba is determined to make good memories with Uesugi-san. If that's not a recipe for hijinks, I don't know what is .
Old 2019-03-07, 18:52   Link #169
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Well, if the source material hasn't revealed details on who the childhood friend was then I don't expect them to do so here, but the way they handled that supposed to be reveal that one of the quints was his childhood friend was not as good as I hoped it would be.

It boiled down to Fuutarou refusing to look at the photo album, while Nino just brought the thing randomly out of nowhere just because she saw some "relative" of Fuutarou that was her type. It felt really contrived.

At least with that event we can rule out Nino as the childhood friend, no way she had forgotten about him if she knew her from her childhood, unless of course, the encounter affected Fuutarou more than the childhood quint.

As for the latest episode, I'm more interested in the preview for the next one, it looks like Nino realizes that it was Fuutarou that was in the pic.

As for what Itsuki saw though, I feel sorry for her, it would be on her mind the entire trip, trying to figure out who the killer victim was
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 20:15   Link #170
Frontier

And the way Nino flipped Futaro off...priceless .
Old 2019-03-08, 00:23   Link #171
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

I'm rooting for Miku so so hard despite all odds. She's just too precious.
Old 2019-03-09, 09:08   Link #172
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And the way Nino flipped Futaro off...priceless .
Agreed! Here's hoping she will get a little more focus next week.
Old 2019-03-11, 15:12   Link #173
grecefar

So yotsuba is the only one planning to have fun in this trip, meanwhile the other four have romance drama lol.
Old 2019-03-11, 17:39   Link #174
WingedAccelerator

So from where they transitioned Chapter 22 into Chapter 13 in Episode 8, they introduced all of the necessary elements again in the beginning Episode 9, and Miku's dilemma took place in the hallway instead. Not sure it made sense this way, because she was really happy about the Binding Legend last episode, while now she questions dating...

Maeda turned out to be too pretty! Intimidation was nowhere to be found. -.-
They cut out Raiha collapsing from the fever in her school after the situation was solved with the disguised Miku.

I liked the transition to Chapter 23 and the shopping tour. It flowed better than in the manga. They cut out Nino and Itsuki wanting to buy underwear in secret, cause they obviously didn't want to talk about it in front of Fuutarou, while Fuutarou wanted to tag along to forcibly pick clothes for them as well, so of course, he was labeled insensitive, when they revealed to him why he should stop following them.
Ichika's and Miku's talk happened before the car ride in the manga. The anime placed that in their inn.
The biggest change is probably Nino's. Fuutarou dropped his handbook before the car ride in the manga, while Nino picks it up and drools again to his childhood photo. Fuutarou tells him that the photo about his relative was from 5 years ago, while Nino feels like she have seen that kid somewhere... The anime only gave Nino a monologue about wanting to meet someone like that kid on the photo.

Nice additional scenes at the end.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 17:57   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seeing Nino like that threw me off just as much as Futaro. She was pretty cute. She's now in fourth position after this, but that's mainly because Itsuki hasn't been doing much. Yotsuba is a solid third place, as for first and second I'm reaching a point where I'm not sure where to rank Ichika and Miku. I don't even know who I want Futaro to dance with.

Nino not even being able to tell it was Futaro just because he was wearing a wig was funny, but not really in a good way.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:36   Link #176
grecefar

To be honest I hope fuutaro dance with itsuki or yotsuba. I really don't like this kintaro deal since is making nino look stupid not cute. Ichika wants to help miku but wants fuutaro meeh, and miku just pout and do nothing.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:41   Link #177
Wandering Soul

Well, it took changing hiding his identity, but Futaro is finally getting to see Nino's dere side. He should come clean soon though because I don't think her reaction will be as cute if she finds out through other means.
Old 2019-03-14, 20:26   Link #178
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man HanaKana SUCKS at Tsundere. At first I was butthurt at HanaKana stepping down as Nagi in Kannagi when I first heard of it, but this is yet another example why and I'm actually glad she knew her limits even back then. Makes me wonder why she was even auditioning for Nino, but that Itsuki... yeah, definitely better than Ayaneru's in the CM. Come to think of it, Ayaneru stepping down to Yotsuba sounds a lot like HanaKana stepping down to Zange back then... maybe it is definitely for the best, even though I wanted my favourite VAs in the starring role. :shrug:

Old 2019-03-14, 20:34   Link #179
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Ichika's tears almost made me tear up. Wow, she really wanted to dance with him!
Old 2019-03-14, 23:27   Link #180
Frontier

I love how Futaro said he remembered Maeda's name and then tried to downplay the fact that he had completely forgotten. Some genius .

Man, Yotsuba really wants to make Uesugi-san happy, huh? I really can't think of a reason why Yotsuba would be so focused on Futaro and making sure he has a good time unless she really, really, likes him or she was that girl he knew as a kid. She also makes a pretty hot mummy .

It was pretty interesting seeing a completely different side of Nino with "Kintaro," where she drops all her usual aggressiveness and condescension towards Futaro and becomes a nicer, more bashful, girl who's honestly pretty cute. Her asking him to the campfire dance was pretty sweet .

I guess what they say about a girl becoming 10x more cuter when they fall in love isn't too far off, even if Nino also just happened to fall for the same guy who she regularly @#$& on just for existing in her sister's lives. I guess taking away all of her preconceptions about Futaro and giving him a wig can make all the difference. Plus she's apparently really into bad boys who she can take care of .

I was honestly kind of surprised they didn't play up that ripped skirt for more fanservice shots of Nino...

So even Ichika thinks Miku does better impressions of their sisters then she does, although I think she was pretty decent .

Even the ever unflappable and mature Ichika, who's been trying to help her sisters get closer to Futaro (especially Miku), couldn't help herself from really wanting to go to the dance with him, as her tears at his attempt to back out showed .

I love how casually Futaro and Ichika react to being locked in the shed .