AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 12:21   Link #541
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Yeah, that's pretty true. Then again, consider the rating for Persona3/4 for instance. FOR SOME REASON Persona3 is rated M by ESRB, but in Japan, it's rated B - equivalent to ESRB's T.
Its not just Persona.

Nocturne was rated Cero B in Japan yet it received a "M" rating in NA due to its sensitive religious content, I supposed. For that matter, I think this is probably the same reason for the Persona series, even though there are other reasons which people claim but when there are non-Atlus series with more ecchi content and get a "T" rating, you can almost say that the "M" rating for Shin Megami Tensei and spinoff games are religiously-related.

Maybe the higher rated games are longer, thus we only see them now...

Quote:
Rise and Chie fall in a similar category, but only the English VA was that bad. *hint hint for P3P*
Risette's voice actress Laura Bailey did a much superb job compared to the seiyuu Kugimiya Rie. Not sure how many people agree with me on this though..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 12:27   Link #542
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Its not just Persona.

Nocturne was rated Cero B in Japan yet it received a "M" rating in NA due to its sensitive religious content, I supposed. For that matter, I think this is probably the same reason for the Persona series, even though there are other reasons which people claim but when there are non-Atlus series with more ecchi content and get a "T" rating, you can almost say that the "M" rating for Shin Megami Tensei and spinoff games are religiously-related.
Hey, that's a point. After all, with Beezelbub, Lucifer, Satan... that's gotta happen. And then WE HAVE KANJI. Oh holy cows.

Spoiler for the secret of inaba:

And I'd like to see how kids between 12 and 17 react when they discover the Persona4 holy grail.

Spoiler for the holy grail of inaba!:

Maybe it's just to appease the UMC, ELCA, LDC even.

Quote:
Risette's voice actress Laura Bailey did a much superb job compared to the seiyuu Kugimiya Rie. Not sure how many people agree with me on this though..
Well her character design is bland enough. Even if she's a pop star...
Old 2009-09-09, 17:55   Link #543
Lemons
Jazzy

Quote:
Its not just Persona.
Laura Bailey has had a couple of Kugimaya roles in the past, and she wasn't that bad at making her self known for it aswell. The only VA I can consider "bad" would be Fuuka's in P3. (Mela Lee)

I wasn't that the VA had bad line delivery, it's just that every line she had for battles was a complete obvious statement.
Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:50   Link #544
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Laura Bailey has had a couple of Kugimaya roles in the past, and she wasn't that bad at making her self known for it aswell. The only VA I can consider "bad" would be Fuuka's in P3. (Mela Lee)

I wasn't that the VA had bad line delivery, it's just that every line she had for battles was a complete obvious statement.
Every Persona game has its Captain Obvious. After all there was Teddie in P4.
Old 2009-09-10, 11:14   Link #545
Shadow Kira01

The cover art is now available at Famitsu:

Its Cero B like most Atlus games which is generally 12+.

Since it costs 6279 yen at the release date, there is a chance that the game would cost more than 50 bucks overseas on an unknown release date. However, I have not seen any psp games costing more than 50 bucks as of now.
Old 2009-09-10, 11:44   Link #546
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Nice cover.
I don't think the japanese price really matters, most of the Atlus games that are released in the USA for 30-40 bucks were full price in Japan anyway. See P4 that was 7000 yen, and so on.
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 12:19   Link #547
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Nice cover.
I don't think the japanese price really matters, most of the Atlus games that are released in the USA for 30-40 bucks were full price in Japan anyway. See P4 that was 7000 yen, and so on.
That's true..

However, a lot of the Shin Megami Tensei spinoffs were being sold for like 60 bucks but then again, P3P is going to be a psp game which is usually less expensive than ps2 games. Actually.. Regardless of the price, I am going to buy both Persona and P3P.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:20   Link #548
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
The cover art is now available at Famitsu:

Its Cero B like most Atlus games which is generally 12+.

Since it costs 6279 yen at the release date, there is a chance that the game would cost more than 50 bucks overseas on an unknown release date. However, I have not seen any psp games costing more than 50 bucks as of now.
Not to spoil your fun, but I can safely say that this will be rated M by ESRB again.
Old 2009-09-11, 04:59   Link #549
AnimeFangirl

1. I think the cover's ugly.
2. I'm saddened they didn't reconsider and recolor feMC's hair to blue.
3. I hope this sells well so Atlus will have more money to put into P5. :3
Old 2009-09-11, 06:23   Link #550
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
1. I think the cover's ugly.
Typical Persona3 cover. Persona3 might have been a spinoff in itself, given that it had the most number of releases (2 PS2, 1 PSP, 2 Handphone, and a anime series to boot.)

But, the background of ALL of them are fugly...

Quote:
2. I'm saddened they didn't reconsider and recolor feMC's hair to blue.
I'd be saddened if they DID. I mean, blue is so melancholic. It had worked on Naoto, but that's an isolated case, seeing as until now, it still looks jarring on Minato. On the other hand, it's the red EYES on FMC that freak me out.

Quote:
3. I hope this sells well so Atlus will have more money to put into P5. :3
P4 already sold well enough. Just that we need to wait for the SMT base series to release the next game in the series, since it's been focusing on Persona for a little long - like, 6 Persona releases at a go (P3, P3Fes, the P3 handphone games, P3P and P4). We'll have to wait anyway.
Old 2009-09-11, 22:33   Link #551
solarknight123

Maybe the fact that the Female MC has red eyes and the male MC has blue might mean or symbolize something in the game.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:33   Link #552
Shadow Kira01

I am wondering if Minato or the new female protagonist will actually show up in each other's route, kind of like a cameo or some sort of plot twist. I still curious as to what sort of social links will there be as that the OP seems to indicate Aegis playing a major role in the new female protagonist's story while Fuuka will be doing the same thing in Minato's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Maybe the fact that the Female MC has red eyes and the male MC has blue might mean or symbolize something in the game.
I think so too..

The color theme of Persona 4 was yellow. P3 was supposedly blue, while the new female protagonist's color is red which also indicates that the ending of the story should be different than Minato's.

For that matter, I don't understand why the new female protagonist will also encounter Pharos and gain the Thanatos persona which will lead to the fusion of Messiah. Unless Messiah will have a new appearance, the story will most likely remain the same.
Old 2009-09-13, 18:09   Link #553
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

What if, instead of Ryoji in FemC's side, we get Minato instead?

LEFT FIELD
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 13:24   Link #554
Shadow Kira01

P3P New Trailer

Maya isn't going to be in the female protagonist's route. Instead, there is a new character, a library staff. Most likely an assistant to the librarian, maybe.. Her name is a little too small to read. However, she doesn't seem as interesting as this individual who will appear in Minato's route..

Its Kashiwagi-sensei from P4!? From the looks of the atmosphere, this looks like Yakushima's beach event involving Minato, Junpei, and Akihiko. And it appears that Akihiko is having a hard time conversing with the lady, just like he did in P3FES. Speaking of which, how did Kashiwagi-sensei ended up in Yakushima? Then again, she only became the homeroom teacher of Seta Souji after a tragedy involving the original King Moron. Thus, maybe Kashiwagi-sensei is a new character or maybe just a cameo..

----

Aside from that, there will also be new outfits and weapons, as well as new team combos like P4 but additional skills. There are also new sidequests, I believe..

Looking pretty good!
Old 2009-09-16, 16:47   Link #555
Lemons
Jazzy

Quote:
P3P New Trailer

Maya isn't going to be in the female protagonist's route. Instead, there is a new character, a library staff. Most likely an assistant to the librarian, maybe.. Her name is a little too small to read. However, she doesn't seem as interesting as this individual who will appear in Minato's route..

Its Kashiwagi-sensei from P4!? From the looks of the atmosphere, this looks like Yakushima's beach event involving Minato, Junpei, and Akihiko. And it appears that Akihiko is having a hard time conversing with the lady, just like he did in P3FES. Speaking of which, how did Kashiwagi-sensei ended up in Yakushima? Then again, she only became the homeroom teacher of Seta Souji after a tragedy involving the original King Moron. Thus, maybe Kashiwagi-sensei is a new character or maybe just a cameo..

----

Aside from that, there will also be new outfits and weapons, as well as new team combos like P4 but additional skills. There are also new sidequests, I believe..

Looking pretty good!
I don't think ATLUS would just kick Minato out of the females story, and i'm loving the new all out attacks artwork. (Shinjiro looks even more badass)

The only downisde that has me worried is that if they will keep the anime cutscenes or not, Minako (Female MC) doesn't have a cutscene for summoning her persona, while Souji, and Minato do.......

Last edited by Lemons; 2009-09-16 at 17:06.
Old 2009-09-16, 17:03   Link #556
solarknight123

Ok it's official.... I am defiantly getting P3 portable when it comes out!. I hope that they have some new anime cut scenes in the game. I was kinda disappointed they didn't animate the female protagonist summoning her Orpheus for the first time.
Old 2009-09-16, 17:12   Link #557
saphyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I'd be saddened if they DID. I mean, blue is so melancholic. It had worked on Naoto, but that's an isolated case, seeing as until now, it still looks jarring on Minato. On the other hand, it's the red EYES on FMC that freak me out.
I love red eyes so it doesn't bother me there.
Old 2009-09-16, 18:42   Link #558
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

The two new Social Links for the Female Minatos story are damn fine, I hope there's the option for some lesbian lovin':

Rio Iwasaki:
Chief of the P.E. department who is very serious about club activities. In fact, she is so serious that trouble tends to occurr around her. Rio belongs to the volleyball and tennis clubs.

Saori Hasegawa:
Having been studying overseas, she is two years older than the Heroine. She seems to be troubled with no one around her year being able to understand her. Saori belongs to the library and health committees.
Old 2009-09-17, 00:30   Link #559
Shadow Kira01

It seems that I had overlooked something in the trailer..

What is this!?

This looks like the Abyss of Time from Episode Aegis but Minato is clearly leading the team on January the 22nd which means.. I have no clue why it is like that.

Does it mean that Minato no longer needs to perform the Great Seal and instead he gets to fight Erebus alongside Aegis and everyone else?

For that matter, how will Nyx Avatar fit into the storyline as that he/she is no more than a pawn of Erebus as it suggests near the end of Episode Aegis? Or does it mean that Minato will be fighting two final bosses, sort of like the true ending of P4. Then again, why is the event taking place on January 22nd as that the battle against Nyx Avatar takes place on the 31st. I cannot comprehend.
Old 2009-09-17, 00:36   Link #560
Lemons
Jazzy

Quote:
It seems that I had overlooked something in the trailer..

What is this!?

This looks like the Abyss of Time from Episode Aegis but Minato is clearly leading the team on January the 22nd which means.. I have no clue why it is like that.

Does it mean that Minato no longer needs to perform the Great Seal and instead he gets to fight Erebus alongside Aegis and everyone else?

For that matter, how will Nyx Avatar fit into the storyline as that he/she is no more than a pawn of Erebus as it suggests near the end of Episode Aegis? Or does it mean that Minato will be fighting two final bosses, sort of like the true ending of P4. Then again, why is the event taking place on January 22nd as that the battle against Nyx Avatar takes place on the 31st. I cannot comprehend.
It was already said "The Answer" won't be included, but it was also said the male MC Minato would have changes in his story as well.

It was one thing for P3 fans to want Minato somehow come back without defeating his purposed death meaning, but this is another to keep Minato alive.

Tags
ps2