AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-05, 06:11   Link #81
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

having read this chapter fully, i must say this act of betrayal seems to have reaffirm the loyalty of WB and the NW pirates. their morales seem to be at a all new high now especially now tt WB has joined in the fray and tt there are no longer doubt tt WB is betraying them. however the dmg has been done and i really hope squardo really do something to redeem himself. u can see him crying pretty badly at the end of the chapter and he must really feel damn ashame of himself now.

whitebeard is now one of my top most admired OP character with this chapter! even though most likely he will die, i seriously hope he dun cos he is tt awesome!
Old 2009-11-05, 06:15   Link #82
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's all about maintaining a righteous image for the public. This is the reason why Sengoku wanted the broadcast to be stopped, so that the people wouldn't see the deceitful/cruel nature of the marines. Even though the marines may resort to extreme measures for the purpose of capturing/eliminating pirates, they still ultimately serve as protectors of the innocents. Some of their actions are questionable, but overall they are not as bad as pirates.
The Marines have been shown on multiple occasions to being just as wicked and corrupt as any Pirate, or did you utterly forget they wiped out Robin's entire island of Ohara on the authority of one man and even killed civilians in that attack.

During the Buster Call on Enies Lobby. On of the Marines didn't want to fire at the other ships since they had other Marines on it and he was shot without any explanation.

The Marines let Axe Hand Morgan get away with rampant corruption on Shell Island.

They also have the CP-9, who were the World Government's killers sent out to assassinate people who oppose them.

The land that Robin landed in after Kuma sent her away. That wasn't just criminals. It was also populated by lands who wouldn't join the World Government. Including child slave labor.

The Marines and World Government looked the other way during the slave auctions in Shabondy Archipelago. They just don't go after pirates. They go after anyone who disagrees with them.

There are only a few Marines the series shows that are interested in real justice and protection.
Old 2009-11-05, 10:21   Link #83
Prestige

Tragic chapter

My eyes actually got wet when I readed this chapter... this is so damn tragic... Squado was fooled to betray Whitbeard by using his hatred against Roger to attack Whitebeard.

But damn...Whitebeard is such a great hearted man... I really admire him and I think he would deserved to become Pirate King, Whitebeard is so amazing....

Whitebeard knew that hes strenght was failing, I think he was prepared to die when he arrived on Marineford.

I cant even imagine how Squado feels now... he is crushed by guilt and sorrow... I thought Squado was just mean bastard but he was actually sympatethic and honest... in last page he was shown crying in pain.

Whitebeard has accepted his death, he will now start his final charge, a kamikaze attack in hope of saving Ace, he bets everything for this goal.

Amazing chapter, you could almost feel emotion radiating from panels, I dont mind for next week brakes because I know that Oda is very busy and way he delivers on each chapter gives him all the rights for rest.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:09   Link #84
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
And what exactly has Marco proven? We've seen him in exactly one fight, Kizaru kicked him and he kicked him back, that's all that happened. This isn't about current strength, its about potential. None of the big shots in One Piece are worried about Luffy's current strength, Luffy would get utterly owned if he tried to fight one of them. There worried about how strong he has become in such a short period of time especially considering how young he is. It's the same story with Ace, he's only 20 years old. How old do you think Squado is? Or Jozu, or even Marco? Anyone with eyes can tell that its only a matter of time before he passes those guys up, if he hasn't already.
I'm not talking about strength here. It takes more than being strong or being potentially strong in the future to lead a massive crew like the WB one, along with their 43 new world pirate allies. To start with, the WB crew seems to depend a lot on their captain for decision making (unlike the strawhats). In short, wisdom and leadership skills is required to lead the massive crew, which is why I believe experience would be more important.

Ace has the potential, he's fairly mature and he thinks before doing anything (unlike Luffy), but I loathe that he takes over the WB crew right after. I don't mind if he takes over in 5-10 years, when he has accumulated experience.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:21   Link #85
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I'm not talking about strength here. It takes more than being strong or being potentially strong in the future to lead a massive crew like the WB one, along with their 43 new world pirate allies. To start with, the WB crew seems to depend a lot on their captain for decision making (unlike the strawhats). In short, wisdom and leadership skills is required to lead the massive crew, which is why I believe experience would be more important.

Ace has the potential, he's fairly mature and he thinks before doing anything (unlike Luffy), but I loathe that he takes over the WB crew right after. I don't mind if he takes over in 5-10 years, when he has accumulated experience.
He's been a pirate for a few years...he was a captain of his own crew & a commander of over 100 men. Anyone of Marco, Joz or Ace could take over.

Brilliant chapter. WB was awesome, and showed his own morals, his fatherly attitude towards everyone beneath him. What an awesome man he is.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:04   Link #86
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
WG = organized piracy

Morally, they are worse then any pirate because they are the establishment and they hide behind a facade of righteousness and justice when in truth they are nothing but a corrupt group with no values whatsoever.

Sengoku is a criminal and should be shot.
Old 2009-11-05, 12:04   Link #87
james0246

@MarvelB: Doma appeared!...albeit as a little head in the corner on the last chapter...but still, there you go, a present from Oda just for you (and other Doma fans)...
Old 2009-11-05, 12:13   Link #88
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Amazing. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but I was only half right. I wouldn't have thought the Marines could be that dastardly and sneaky. Man. Whitebeard's going to his final resting place, it seems, but he won't do so before taking plenty of them with him. The Marines are going to feel it for their treachery, I'm hoping.

And the worst part..... ANOTHER break? -_______-;
Old 2009-11-05, 12:17   Link #89
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
WG = organized piracy

Morally, they are worse then any pirate because they are the establishment and they hide behind a facade of righteousness and justice when in truth they are nothing but a corrupt group with no values whatsoever.

Sengoku is a criminal and should be shot.
More like organized mafia, they offer 'protection' but if you become even slightest hindrance they will terminate you without remorse.

I think Marines are not 100% corrupted, they have marines who believe they are doing justice and protection but most of high tiers know truth about Marine institution.

Marines are nothing but military wing for World Goverment, their enforcers,police and executioners.

Piracy is super popular in One Piece world, its more like a way of life and its perhaps only way it allows you live free, although you will be killed without trial as soon you get caught.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:38   Link #90
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think the most interesting thing in this chapter was the new information, we got about Gold Roger.

Until now, he was always depicted as some sort of older Luffy: Beeing always cheerful and nice, only fighting those who stand in his way or do bad things, and a little bit stupid. Everyone was commenting on how much Luffy resembles Gold Roger.
But now we get this information, that Gold Roger killed a whole pirate crew. Not just fighting them and letting them live (like Luffy always does) but really killing them.
I think this is a whole new side to Roger and some important information.
Err you're going to have to kill someone if you're going to become Pirate King. Even Luffy is going to have to sooner or later.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:40   Link #91
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Err you're going to have to kill someone if you're going to become Pirate King. Even Luffy is going to have to sooner or later.
Thats not true.

Quote:
Well he is a pirate.

Pirates kill other people, its just the way things are.

Luffys a unique case. You don't usually become a pirate by being a pussy. Besides, its more like Luffy doesn't go his way to make sure his opponents are dead rather hten the fact that hes intentionally not killing me. He doesn't care whether or not they die.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:55   Link #92
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ok, after reading the actual chapter I'm not that disappointed with how Squado got fooled into betraying Whitebeard. Apart from playing on his hatred for Roger, the marines staged an attack wave that didn't hit any of WB's crew to convince him. Under these circumstances, and being in the middle of a war to boot, it couldn't have been easy for Squado to think clearly. It still makes him look incredibly foolish, and he still should have known better, but it's not as hard to believe as I first thought.

Nice display of badassery by WB at the end, he's aiming to go down in a blaze of glory. Still waiting for some of the strongest pirates to trash the pacifistas that have wreaked havoc uncontested so far. My guess is that WB will make those tin cans feel his wrath and turn the tide of battle yet again.

Unfortunately, there's another break before that happens. -_-
Old 2009-11-05, 14:49   Link #93
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
I think the most interesting thing in this chapter was the new information, we got about Gold Roger.

Until now, he was always depicted as some sort of older Luffy: Beeing always cheerful and nice, only fighting those who stand in his way or do bad things, and a little bit stupid. Everyone was commenting on how much Luffy resembles Gold Roger.
But now we get this information, that Gold Roger killed a whole pirate crew. Not just fighting them and letting them live (like Luffy always does) but really killing them.
I think Ben Beckman (Shanks' first mate) said it best "We're Pirates, not saints" Why would anyone be surprised that Roger's crew wiped out others? They are Pirates, they fight each other, often to the death. That doesn't make Roger a bad person.
Old 2009-11-05, 14:53   Link #94
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@MarvelB: Doma appeared!...albeit as a little head in the corner on the last chapter...but still, there you go, a present from Oda just for you (and other Doma fans)...

Not just Doma, but Makugai finally reappeared, too! I hope we see those guys kick some marine ass when the next chapter comes out a couple weeks from now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Ok, after reading the actual chapter I'm not that disappointed with how Squado got fooled into betraying Whitebeard. Apart from playing on his hatred for Roger, the marines staged an attack wave that didn't hit any of WB's crew to convince him. Under these circumstances, and being in the middle of a war to boot, it couldn't have been easy for Squado to think clearly. It still makes him look incredibly foolish, and he still should have known better, but it's not as hard to believe as I first thought.

Glad to see you (somewhat) approve of the reasoning behind Squado's betrayal, though the PX army solely targeting the NW pirate crews was already pointed out in the spoiler summaries....

Anyway, that last spread for the chapter got me seriously pumped up, no question about it. Whitebeard's a wounded beast, now..... and remember, nothing's more dangerous than a wounded animal. Those marines are gonna have hell to pay for turning Whitebeard's own son on him.....

By the way, the expression on Moria's face when he saw Whitebeard get stabbed was priceless. Now I'm hoping more than ever that he'll salvage the old man's corpse after the war is over. Oars Jr.'s corpse too, for that matter (Hogback should be able to patch up the leg in a jiffy). It'll be like Christmas came early for ol' Moria.

Sigh..... I hope that Buggy will be defrosted by next chapter......
Old 2009-11-05, 14:54   Link #95
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Opinion of the chapter
This was a good chapter. Its about time White Beard got himself into the battle.

Buggy and Luffy
I was wondering when Buggy the Clown was going to get his ass handed to him by one of the power houses. Buggy as well as Luffy have been running on sheer luck. Lucks going to run out for luffy as well. Luffy better have Gear 4 or find out how to use haki or have a plan. If he doesn't Luffy will be on the sideline just like buggy.

Croc
The more I see Croc the more I like him. The guy doesn't do what you think he will do. He always got a disrespectful attitude with people and if he isn't the leader then he is your enemy. What a unique character.

White Beard and the Admirals
The fact that White Beard is on the march personally marines are in deep shit. That means Akoiji, Akainu, and Kizaru are going to have to really fight. To see the admirals have to go all out will be very interesting. I believe at least one of the three Admirals going to die or get crippled. I also see Commodore Smoker (Logia User) replacing or joining the ranks of the Supreme admirals in the future.

Fleet Admiral Sengoku's Tactics
That was a pretty good plan by Fleet Admiral Sengoku to play with squado and put doubt among the pirates like that. But I believe this plan only made the pirates even more dangerous. With what White Beard said on the last page in Chapter 563, it seems like he going all out.

Now on the Marines side Fleet Admiral Sengoku ordered his men to pull back further into the base in chapter 562 because White Beard was ordered his men to rush them. In Chapter 563 Admiral Sengoku as ordered the siege walls to be raised because the pirates are pushing further in. This is just my opinion but it seems Fleet Admiral Sengoku is forcing his marines to fight by trapping them in base with no escape. If they can't escape or flee like the one marine tried to do in Chapter 556 then the Marines will have no option but to fight. If this is true the Fleet Admiral Sengoku is a smart man. This will make the marines into a dangerous opponent because they have nothing to loose either and increase there chances of survival and victory against the pirates. This is also a tactic pulled straight out of Sun Tzu "Art of War"

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-11-05 at 15:07.
Old 2009-11-05, 14:55   Link #96
Slayerx

Quote:
Does Luffy LET them live... or does he just not hit them hard enough...

I mean that's just the thing, despite the fact that Luffy has not killed anyone, he HAS used all of his strength when he fights, and against many opponents he does not hold back. He does not actually think whether or not the next punch might kill them, he just attacks until they stop fighting... i mean, if it wasn't for Oda's anti-killing mentality, Luffy would have likely killed some of his villains and probably would have busted a few spines and cracked some skulls of the peons he pummeled.... the only thing we are really certain of his that Luffy never went around beating on anyone who had already given up fighting, and actually had the aim to kill; though one may ask, would he feel bad about killing Arlong, Croc, enel and so forth? or would he just never think twice about it?

Now we have to ask, was Gold Roger the same?... Gold Roger and his crew could have easily done what Luffy and his crew have always been doing... frankly, i'd be willing to bet that Squado and his crew were much nastier guys in the past, thus deserving of a good pummeling... however without Oda's protection, they wind up dead instead of just knocked out
Old 2009-11-05, 15:23   Link #97
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Glad to see you (somewhat) approve of the reasoning behind Squado's betrayal, though the PX army solely targeting the NW pirate crews was already pointed out in the spoiler summaries....
Although I did overlook that part tbh, it didn't mention that Akainu let Squado know beforehand what would happen in that attack, in order to make him fall for the marine's deceit hook, line, and sinker. At any rate, seeing a spoiler and reading about the entire exchange makes quite a bit of difference. As some have been saying, it might be better to avoid spoilers altogether. But I guess patience is not my strong point.

As for Moria, I don't know if he will really play a significant role again. Seems to me he's become overly dependant on the strength of his zombie minions. But I suppose if he does get his hands on someone like WB's corpse he'll have one hell of a trump card. Well, as long as the zombie's weakness doesn't get in the way.
Old 2009-11-05, 15:36   Link #98
marvelB

Heh, someone posted this in another forum:

Spoiler:

Moria, the man with 1,000 faces!

So yeah, I say once again that I hope we actually see Sengoku fight soon. I know he's a great strategist and all, but tactical knowledge alone will only get you so far in OP's world. It's time for Sengoku to prove once and for all why he's called the "Buddha"......
Old 2009-11-05, 15:47   Link #99
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Is Sengoku a devil fruit user?

Anyway, great chapter. So we will definitely see WB fighting with all his might !

I have a quetsion though, does he let squado hurt him on purpose, or was he unable to dodge it due to his physical condition?
Old 2009-11-05, 15:51   Link #100
james0246

^Whitebeard was unable to dodge due to his physical condition (e.g. sickness).
Closed Thread