Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 23:21   Link #221
Asahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
So nobody got caught off guard when shimao told the kid
Spoiler:
At least it would be bittersweet and quite ironic for him since he could finally "give" her a kid. But considering Hazuki's hair to be that long when they got married, and Rokka didn't look preggo (in the wedding pic), I don't think its the case. It could just be his desire to be connected to Rokka in some way. Anywya, not sure how its good, since that child would always be Hazuki's (and considering they're adult, don't you think they were experienced enough to know they should use "protection"?).
Asahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:34   Link #222
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
So nobody got caught off guard when shimao told the kid
Spoiler:
No.

Shimao was merely indulging himself, musing over the fact that he died before he fathered any children himself so no one would over call him "Ojii-san".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:41   Link #223
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l see. o.o
Old 2012-09-13, 23:48   Link #224
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Questionable thing. But I think he don't mean this and just want the child to call him grandfather because he was married to Rokka before but they didn't have a chance to get the children and he wanted them.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 07:37   Link #225
Kirarakim

I didn't mind how it ending but I also didn't really feel anything from it. I guess in the end I just didn't feel much for the characters.

I think the series could have benefited from more development for Hazuki & Rokka's relationship. Rokka said she fell in love with Hazuki, but where that happened I am not sure because I never believed it. And it seemed most of the actual romantic moments were shared by Rokka and Shimao in Hazuki's body.

While the conflict of whether Shimao would give Hazuki back his body was interesting I think in the end separating Hazuki from both Shimao and Rokka hurt the story, at least it did for me.

I did like the detail that the daughter had the same bad eye sight as Hazuki: a minor detail but I like those little things.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-09-14 at 10:15.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:24   Link #226
ookamigirl

Lot of flashbacks and sad feelings..
Looks like Shimao was the one to let go first in the end.
Finally, Hazuki came back! About time too.
Guess it was about time those two lived their lives together.
Nice final episode ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:14   Link #227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The characters never grew on me. In the end I didn't care for any of them -and in fact disliked them quite a bit-, so the ending didn't make me feel anything. Never bought Hazuki and Rokka's romance either. It seemed to me that she only started falling in love with him after Shimao took control of Hazuki's body, and therefore was not truly in love with him; but apparently not.

Pretty disappointing show overall. I expected a lot more from it. Too much, perhaps.
Old 2012-09-14, 11:08   Link #228
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Nice catch. I prefer Asashi's rebuttal: he argues from evidence rather than assertion. Counter-rebuttal: weren't we told that Ryusuke's hair grows quickly? And he is in a hurry to marry. If the night in the inn was impulsive, unplanned, they may have neglected precautions.

Two other things to notice: Atsushi does not disappear after Rokka dies, but only after Ryusuke does--a nice confirmation of the deep bond between the two former rivals. Also, neither Rokka or Ryusuke hang around Atsushi-style they die--they go off immediately, presumably together, into the permanent afterlife. They have each other, while Atsushi has been a kami for them both.

It is not clear that Atsushi has lived with Rokka and Ryusuke married--he does not appear to be bound to the shop any longer, and this is the first time the grandchild has seen him, which would be unlikely if he was always there.

We end with a happy ending, but the episode plays with the unhappy ending as well, to the point that Ryusuke is left thinking it has actually happened. I wonder if Kawachi-san wanted to go the double-suicide route, and everything afterwards is a concession to convention and the demands of his audience.

A brilliant anime. I appreciated how it dealt with the complexities of feelings, where love is tinctured with regret, memory, sorrow, hatred--all the feelings that make life more complex than romance.

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:00   Link #229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The ending made up for a lot with me. I liked the whole idea of the time-skip, and I particularly liked how the child -- and grandchild? -- looked like a mix of Rokka and...who? Lol.

Overall, the show was a failure for me -- as Kanon says, the characters never really clicked -- but there were some nice events and moments, moments when I could in fact feel for the characters.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:16   Link #230
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This was a weird story just to little going on this would of been better if it movie

6/10
Old 2012-09-14, 23:30   Link #231
HandofFate

Decent ending. The time skip was a nice touch. Seeing the grown up daughter. Wow, is she pretty.

And I laugh at her kind of really bored looking eyes. Its like she got the good looks of Rokka, and inherited the dopey deadpan expression of Hazuki. XFD

I was gonna be really mad if it went the suicide route, but as expected, Shimon would never let that happen. He may love giving empty threats, and be selfish about certain things, but he's not that cold.

Was surprised that Shimon is still floating around, and only left once everyone else passed away. I kind of wonder if he did pass on and somehow just visiting at the end. Hopefully that kid throws everything away.
Old 2012-09-15, 04:33   Link #232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I honestly liked this series a lot. It may not have been brilliant or anything but I did like the characters enough to care what was happening. Overall I guess I'd give it a high 7 or even a low 8.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:57   Link #233
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I did like the series for the most part, but I think they dragged out Hazuki/Shimao's body swap a little too long.

Otherwise, it was okay....not as good as I hoped, but ok. The ending with Hazuki and Rokka living happily ever after was predictable pretty much.

Though I admit, I smiled when Shimao asked the Grandkid to call him 'Ojisaan'
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 02:37   Link #234
MasterVampire

So Shimao didnt move on to heaven?

It just seemed like he isnt stuck in the house anymore and can go where he wants.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 02:39   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So Shimao didnt move on to heaven?

It just seemed like he isnt stuck in the house anymore and can go where he wants.
I took the ending to mean that now that Hazuki has passed, Shimao is free to go to Heaven at last. There's a contrary interpretation - I think it's left to us to decide.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:52   Link #236
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I took the ending to mean that now that Hazuki has passed, Shimao is free to go to Heaven at last. There's a contrary interpretation - I think it's left to us to decide.
That was my interpretation too, there's nothing tying him there any more. Clearing out the room was symbolic of that. Now his spirit can move on.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 13:19   Link #237
Ushio the Omega

A shockingly bad flop 302 copies sold for volume 1 first week.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote