AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2018-04-10, 01:08   Link #1121
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Voice Actress Atsuko Enomoto Shares Her “#MeToo” Story - By Samantha Ferreira for Anime Herald - April 8, 2018 11:06 PM - who offered, a.o., this:
Quote:
Rough Translation: #MeToo My story is a bit spread out. I also remember a lot. A few years after my début, I had a hard time, and had an intense desire to quit my job, and my mind was in utter chaos. But now, I think it is due to the sexual harassment and bullying I endured. Nobody helped me, and it was natural that there was nobody to consult with in the first place.
https://twitter.com/atsuko_bewe/stat...37337107546112
Voice Actress Atsuko Enomoto (榎本温子) commented on an ANN article:
https://twitter.com/atsuko_bewe/stat...83886226878467

Since her quoted comments were posted, several more major sexual harassment and power harassment allegations have been levelled. Most prominently involving Japanese bureaucrats and politicians. The dubious responses from various other politicians and their handling of the situation too have been reported around the world.

Quote:
"Japan’s most senior finance ministry bureaucrat has resigned over allegations of sexual misconduct, in what is being described as the country’s #MeToo moment.
Justin McCurry in Tokyo for the Guardian - Thu 19 Apr 2018 06.14 BST
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ct-allegations

The first reports with initial reactions from Japanese politicians such a deputy prime minister Aso were deleted from a thread on a different message board. The unfolding scandals have been studiously ignored by most posters there. Many of whom, based on the first few pages of that topic, appeared to prefer slagging off Hollywood actresses, rather than engage with stories and experiences of women from Japan. Not that the nature of the sexism filled comments directed at Hollywoord actresses were not in themselves illustrative of the problem but there were few responses to reports posted -in English as well as in the original language- about the experiences of Japanese women. Japanese language used throughout as deliberate reminders that's what that thread is about. Or is supposed to be.

Aso's first reactions were unacceptable and as it has since turned out a reporter for TV Asahi couldn't get her own experiences covered by the news outlet she works for. KaoRi tweeted. Atsuko Enomoto retweeted. Kiko Mizuhara instagrammed. Shiori Ito spoke out publicly and wrote a book. Yuki Suetsugu retweeted.... etc There will not be English translations for the majority of such comments and reports. Sometimes that is the point. Figure it out.

Abe and Aso both left the country, seemingly deeming these unfolding sexual harassment and power harassment scandals against women less important aspects of their duties and responsibilities. It would, in my opinion, be truly poetic if these old men misjudged that too. So many women leave Japan temporarily or permanently because in Japan women are indeed still treated as second rate citizens. It would be fantastic if not cover-ups of hidden and forged documents but ultimately the treatment of women brought down these two politicians and the systems of governance they and their party have represented for decades.

Atsuko Enomoto (榎本温子] Retweeted [several related news items with ongoing coverage from Japan, including]:
ハフポスト日本版 @HuffPostJapan
【速報】「福田次官のセクハラ行為は事実」テレビ朝日が会見で発表
テレ朝女性社員、週刊新潮へのリーク理由は「セクハラが黙認される危機感」
https://www.huffingtonpost.jp/2018/0...jphpmg00000001

Someone posting under the name Omiya posted in that thread to note that: "Nana Mizuki mentioned being on the receiving end of unwanted sexual behaviour on trains and from management", referenced her autobiography, Shin Ai / 深愛. (First published January 22, 2011).

More recently, Nana Mizuki's life was -again- threatened by a man who was apparently not ultimately prosecuted for doing so. On April 20, 2018 we were informed that a man who threatened the life of Non had been arrested. The most recent case of this nature? News of his arrest was covered by a.o. TBS: 女優・のんさん殺害予告、脅迫容疑で47歳男を逮捕. (Does Noriyuki Yamaguchi still work there?) (link expired) and Sankei.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-05-12 at 22:40. Reason: Edited to rephrase and later expand with recycled comment - April 22, 2018
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 00:10   Link #1122
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Get well soon Umehara. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...isease/.131387
Old 2018-05-12, 22:38   Link #1123
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Hopefully his hospitalisation can facilitate full recovery.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 00:18   Link #1124
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Unshou Ishizuka best known as Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop and Joseph Joestar in Jojo part 3 is gone. Rest in Peace.
Old 2018-08-17, 04:06   Link #1125
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

One of the very best ever, no doubt about it. A huge loss for anime and anime fans everywhere.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 09:18   Link #1126
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Read the news last night. I had hoped it was a bad dream. Unshou Ishizuka and Aretha Franklin(not related to anime, but still...) Sad news indeed.
Old 2018-08-17, 11:42   Link #1127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is really sad news. RIP.
Old 2018-08-17, 13:26   Link #1128
Dextro
He Without a Title

Jet is gone? Sad day indeed. :'(
Old 2018-08-17, 15:52   Link #1129
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

A half hour before I heard the news, I was thinking that would be cool to have him as a guest at Otakon. Damn.
Old 2018-08-17, 17:04   Link #1130
Blaat

A great voice actor, His voiced so many characters that felt like they were designed with his voice in mind. Whether it's a major character like Joseph Joestar in part 3 and 4 or a minor character like the hard-boiled detective from Gintama.

Frankly I can't imagine anyone else voicing Harada in Chihayafuru.
Old 2018-08-17, 19:14   Link #1131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He had a really manly voice. One of the manliest with Jouji Nakata and Akio Ohtsuka.
Old 2018-08-18, 11:29   Link #1132
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*reads Professor Oak died*
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 02:04   Link #1133
AntonKutovoi

We have a first replacement for Ishizuka Unshō character:
Hojo Ujiyasu in Warriors Orochi 4 now will be voiced by Ebara Masashi. I wonder if he’ll take other Ishizuka’s roles as well.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 09:45   Link #1134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I mainly know him as Guy from Naruto. Not a bad fit.
Old 2018-08-22, 17:01   Link #1135
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As for Harada-sensei, Akio Ohtsuka would be the least jarring replacement for me. And damn, Harada is important in what's coming, too.

I hardly hear anyone mention Lehm from Jormungand when talking about Ishizuka's career, but that's one of my favorite of his roles. A great take on a great character.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-03, 03:14   Link #1136
AntonKutovoi

Professor Okido/Oak (technicaly, announcement is for Sun&Moon Okido, but still) now will be voiced by Horiuchi Kenyu

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2018-09-03 at 08:45.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 03:23   Link #1137
kuudererules

Mamiko Noto announced marriage & pregnancy

She makes the announcement in her radio show yesterday because she will have to take pregnancy break. Omedettou Mamiko-san

source Yaraon
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 05:41   Link #1138
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post
Mamiko Noto announced marriage & pregnancy

She makes the announcement in her radio show yesterday because she will have to take pregnancy break. Omedettou Mamiko-san

source Yaraon
Whoever the husband is, he's one lucky son of a gun. Poor Tetsuya Kakihara...
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 09:27   Link #1139
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is this her first? At 38, her child-bearing years are slipping away. My wife was 37 when our daughter was born; luckily there were no complications or genetic issues.

Perhaps the most daunting experience as prospective parents was the interview where we were introduced to the variety of genetic diseases children might have. They all have very low probabilities, but it's hard not to worry your kid might be among the occasional unlucky ones.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-09-14 at 11:58.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 12:08   Link #1140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is this her first? At 38, her child-bearing years are slipping away. My wife was 37 when our daughter was born; luckily there were no complications or genetic issues.

Perhaps the most daunting experience as prospective parents was the interview where we were introduced to the variety of genetic diseases children might have. They all have very low probabilities, but it's hard not to worry you kid might be among the occasional unlucky ones.
I didn't know her exact age but I figured she had to be close to 40 now, so I was a bit surprised by the announcement. I sincerely hope everything will be fine for her and her baby.