AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 02:37   Link #161
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Giants fan here, thrilled to see us going to the Super Bowl. We weren't supposed to beat Dallas, and we weren't supposed to beat Green Bay, but here we are, in the Super Bowl. We're not supposed to beat the Pats either, but only a fool would take us lightly now!
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 16:54   Link #162
devildog23
Summerlurking

To be honest, I don't think the Giants stand a chance against the Patriots. But this is coming from an Eagles fan, so don't take what I have to say too seriously. Tom Brady has plenty of time [two weeks] to recover from that ankle injury that he just recently acquired and hes been known to step up his game in the big game. Expect a huge game out of Brady. Eli Manning proved that he can lead his team and manage the game in big games, but in previous years, hes been known to do bad in any game that is over hyped(including playoffs). I'm not counting him out, but I'm expecting the old Eli Manning to show up to Superbowl XLII.

I see the Patriots 19-0 at the end of the season. When the Giants beat the Packers, it was Eli Manning that had the biggest part. When the Giants beat the Cowboys, it was the Giants Defense that made the difference and yet, I don't see their make-shift secondary stopping Tom Brady and all the weapons given to him. I mean its like giving a kid a loaded gun.

True, in week 17 the Giants came close to beating them, BUT they didn't beat them.

Heres my prediction
Superbowl XLII [42] @ Arizona - Giants 20 - Patriots 31 - I think the Patriots will come out gunning and get off to an early lead, then the Giants will make it a game late, but the Patriots will pull through with Brady making a drive to take the lead and holding it. Patriots defense might have a hard time stopping Brandon Jacobs, who could be the X-Factor for the Giants. Toomer could have a big game as well. I think Plaxico and Eli will be the Patriots main focus and their defensive scheme will focus on them.. As for the Patriots, expect Brady and Wes Welker (yeah you heard me, Welker) to have big games. With the Giant's defense, I think they will have trouble covering the Patriots slot receiver [Welker]. Moss will probably draw double coverage and will make some big plays. Maroney will be a key factor like he was when they played the Chargers.

Don't let the final score fool you, it will probably be a hell of a game.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 19:42   Link #163
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I can care less if the pats win the superbowl but i cant wait for next season i hope the broncos get better
Old 2008-01-22, 19:54   Link #164
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I hope Carolina gets better by next season because they're playing San Diego here (San Diego), and I would love to see them win.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 07:23   Link #165
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'd expand monir's comment about Belicheck to include the entire front office structure, especially GM Scott Pioli.
I've said many more controversial things on AS than this, but somebody took such umbrage at this comment that I got negative rep for it? Is this perhaps someone else who so dislikes the Pats that they've been reduced to negrepping Pats fans? Oh, and naturally the negrep referenced "spygate" as playing a bigger role than front-office work in the Pats success. Sure.....

(OT: BTW, since most of you were not even born when the Watergate break-in occurred, are you ever puzzled about why the media persist in using the "-gate" moniker for scandals? I lived through that period, and it seems silly to me.)

Negrepping people just because you don't like something about them will just discourage discussion. I have enough rep so I don't care, but it's still a pretty unfriendly act.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 12:18   Link #166
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog23 View Post
To be honest, I don't think the Giants stand a chance against the Patriots. But this is coming from an Eagles fan, so don't take what I have to say too seriously.
Done! Giants weren't supposed to be playing in the superbowl, and yet they are. Is there any saying called, "Destiny over dynasty." ? If not, there should be, and I'm patenting it. Anyone using it will have to give me a schilling every time.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 12:26   Link #167
Kristen
*Author

OK, Super Bowl pick time.

I think that the Patriots will win the Super Bowl. My reasoning is not because they are a better team or anything. My reasoning is that all the media is talking about the ways the Giants could possibly upset the Patriots, and how it can be done. I think the Patriots will be expecting an amazing team, so they'll play like that.
I'm going to be cheering against the Patriots, regardless, as I really do not like them at all. But, something tells me that they will win.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:43   Link #168
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I usually despise the Giants as I'm an Eagles fan. I also admire the Patriots as a team. SO my pic has to be the Patriots. Not just because I hate the Giants, but I just don't see how the Patriots as they're right now could lose in this situation. Especially since they're able to adapt in games so well when they get in tough situations.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:25   Link #169
devildog23
Summerlurking

I know I picked the Patriots to win it, but everybody keeps underestimating the Giants. They'll give the Patriots a hell of a game. They're going to play with a chip on their shoulders, like they have been all post-season, with something to prove because they are such underdogs. If the Patriots make a couple mistakes, the game is the Giant's for the taking. I can't believe I'm backing up the Giants, I'm a disgrace to Eagles fans everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think the Patriots will be expecting an amazing team, so they'll play like that.
Lol well it is the Superbowl, any team in the Superbowl brings out all the stocks to get the W. The Patriots always play well in the big games, and IMO, the tougher the opponent is the tougher they play.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 23:57   Link #170
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
My reasoning is that all the media is talking about the ways the Giants could possibly upset the Patriots, and how it can be done.
The media is just doing their job. There are a lot of people who don't watch regular season football and just watch the Super Bowl, so someone's got to give the Giants a chance.
Old 2008-01-31, 01:53   Link #171
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

go G-Men, you're my last hope T_T
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 21:31   Link #172
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Super Bowl XLII. Patriots vs. Giants. Oh, god, this one is one heck of a matchup. I don't know in this one, but I am 6-0 in my last 6 Superbowl picks (Pats, Bucs, Pats, Pats, Steelers, Colts). I'm saving up until Superbowl Sunday morning to pick this one cause I'm just not too damn sure.
Ugh... was leaning toward the G-men, but then Brady's ankle injury was a fau paux. Given that we're playing on grass indoors (which means dry environment), I see a good offensive game coming our way. I believe the key matchup will be Tom Brady vs. the Giants defensive front. If they can put pressure on Brady and rock them a few times, I see the Giants having a chance.

Aah, I'm still not too sure. Usually, I'm damn sure about my picks. This time... ugh... I'll wait until about Saturday night to make my pick...
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 23:39   Link #173
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm obviously from New England, but I think people are just grabbing at something that isn't there when they say they can't choose who to pick. The postseason Giants are a great team, but taking a peek at the Patriots' record, among other things, is more than enough for me.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 02:28   Link #174
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Tired of being of put off and waste my time of watching anime OP/ED's on youtube.com, gosh dang it but sorry again. But anyway, I just thought this whole message boards with fans are Patriots Fans, but really early late tomorrow night, I'll have my pick for Super Bowl XLII and including the future for keeping this thread for continuing through National Signing Day for College Football and upcoming news for the NFL Combine and this years NFL Draft and thorugh the offseason until pigskin is back and tossed all over the field again in the fall.

Peace Y'all
Old 2008-02-02, 01:16   Link #175
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I want Giants to win, but I'm not getting my hopes up high for that. There's a good chance Patriots will win. I just hope Giants do win, though.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 00:30   Link #176
fallin up
my life is a harem

I want the Giants to win. i feel like this may be Eli's only shot at winning a championship and I don't want people saying that he is the bad brother compared to Peyton anymore.
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:52   Link #177
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
My Pick for SuperBowl XLII:

Spoiler for SUPERBOWL XLII PICK::

As I'm not a Pats nor the never the chance would sufficiently call the whole cheaters because the it's not my nature, If they would steep so low like that but honestly as been in the SuperBowl four times already has put them into very hery proscremity of doubting that they are the best teams of the NFL. They are no doubt that better team that shows what pride they for themselves and nature to be risen as one of the great in American Football history.

Quote:
Spoiler for LET THEM EAT A SLICE OF PERFECTION CAKE MERC!:

Last edited by Highman; 2008-02-03 at 06:03. Reason: Undoing stuff
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:18   Link #178
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Life is a Harem View Post
I want the Giants to win. i feel like this may be Eli's only shot at winning a championship and I don't want people saying that he is the bad brother compared to Peyton anymore.
I think Eli will be back, the NFC is an inconsistent conference. In the AFC you have San Diego, Indy, New England, etc who are contenders every year, but the NFC you don't know... look at the Bears, they were in the Super Bowl last year and they didn't even make the playoffs this year.

Eli's grown a lot just in the last four games, if he can maintain any degree of consistency he could very well play in more Super Bowl games than Peyton.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:07   Link #179
Kristen
*Author

The miracle on the road has defeated the NON-undefeated Patriots.

Congratulations to the Giants! Way to finally give those cheaters what they deserve.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:15   Link #180
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

YESS!!! What an amazing game! I still can't believe that one play near the end. It was so amazing. I have nothing against the Pats, and I'm not really a Giants fan, but I always love the underdogs.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports