Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 14:07   Link #1041
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He did not call the Knightmares "Valkyries", he called the team piloting them the Valkyrie team. As for the Knightmares themselves, those are the mass-produced Vincents. I get the feeling that they all have female pilots, due to the name of "Valkyrie". The pink doesn't hurt, either.
Do you think the pilots will be hot-chicks that will want to join Lulu's harem later because seriously if there guys that are piloting them they should remain it to the "SchenzielXKanon" brigade.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:17   Link #1042
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I doubt they'll join Lelouch's harem, they might be part of Waldstein's harem though. >_>
awww...that sounds awesome. Really, we need some one else besides Lelouch ( and Emperor) to have harem, so that Lelouch can take some lessons.

To Rising Dragon..
Aw, mistake from my part.
So that's Valkyrie team. I see. I like your idea about them being women.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:18   Link #1043
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It makes sense, considering what the Valkyries of old are. Though that'd mean Kallen and Chiba's got serious competition when it comes to ace female pilot.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:20   Link #1044
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
awww...that sounds awesome. Really, we need some one else besides Lelouch ( and Emperor) to have harem, so that Lelouch can take some lessons.

To Rising Dragon..
Aw, mistake from my part.
So that's Valkyrie team. I see. I like your idea about them being women.
Unfourtunately since we've not even seen them let alone been given there names i think something unpleasant will happen to them next EP.

Who thinks there Heines who have been brought out so bandai can flog different coloured Vincents.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:22   Link #1045
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
having looked at the guren longassnamethaticantremember and the new lancelot albion i came up with an idea
Lloyd and ceceil went to town on the guren after they got it and made it too powerfull
giving it a better arm and the new float system unlike anything seen before
if they had those things then why didnt they put it on the lancelot first
i think its becouse the lancelot couldnt properly power them

when you compare the guren and lancelot you cant help but notice that the guren has alot less built in weapons then the lancelot
the only built in weapons it has is a single wrist mouned gun (which doesnt need energy since it uses projectiles) and a single slash harken
the fukshahdo arm is not a built in system as it can be detached and replaced at will
and the new gefun net is the same since it wasnt built in the original
as is the new shield and float system
the lancelot on the other hand has four slash harkens with boosters and a bulit in shield system
the msv swords and the varis are not bulit in

what it made me think is that the lancelot was built from scratch to be a weapons platform with several intergrated weapon systems
the other external weapon systems were added later after the lancelot was mostly finished which is why non of the other (non bulit it) weapon work based on its power generator (until the hadron booster was add to the concuesta model)
while the guren was built (IMO) with the added external weapons in mind from the first stages
in other words it was made with very little built in weapons becouse rakshata was planning to add the external weapons from the start and wanted it to be able to power them more effetively
the arm and the shield as well as the float unit all drew power from the guren itself and thats why i think it was wired from the start to be able to generate more power for use in external systems
that would explain why Lloyd said it was very easy to toy with since it was built to have new hardware added to it
and that might be why the new guren has four energy fethers on each side while the lancelot only has three
it can extend more power to the new float unit
it also might explain why the new lancelot is missing some of the harkens
it couldnt draw the power needed for the new float unit without having to ditch some of the other built in systems since it wasnt built with the new systems in mind
Old 2008-07-31, 14:26   Link #1046
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
having looked at the guren longassnamethaticantremember and the new lancelot albion i came up with an idea
Lloyd and ceceil went to town on the guren after they got it and made it too powerfull
giving it a better arm and the new float system unlike anything seen before
if they had those things then why didnt they put it on the lancelot first
i think its becouse the lancelot couldnt properly power them

when you compare the guren and lancelot you cant help but notice that the guren has alot less built in weapons then the lancelot
the only built in weapons it has is a single wrist mouned gun (which doesnt need energy since it uses projectiles) and a single slash harken
the fukshahdo arm is not a built in system as it can be detached and replaced at will
and the new gefun net is the same since it wasnt built in the original
as is the new shield and float system

the lancelot on the other hand has four slash harkens with boosters and a bulit in shield system
the msv swords and the varis are not bulit in

what it made me think is that the lancelot was built from scratch to be a weapons platform with several intergrated weapon systems
the other external weapon systems were added later after the lancelot was mostly finished which is why non of the other (non bulit it) weapon work based on its power generator (until the hadron booster was add to the concuesta model)
while the guren was built (IMO) with the added external weapons in mind from the first stages
in other words it was made with very little built in weapons becouse rakshata was planning to add the external weapons from the start and wanted it to be able to power them more effetively
the arm and the shield as well as the float unit all drew power from the guren itself and thats why i think it was wired from the start to be able to generate more power for use in external systems
that would explain why Lloyd said it was very easy to toy with since it was built to have new hardware added to it
and that might be why the new guren has four energy fethers on each side while the lancelot only has three
it can extend more power to the new float unit
it also might explain why the new lancelot is missing some of the harkens
it couldnt draw the power needed for the new float unit without having to ditch some of the other built in systems since it wasnt built with the new systems in mind
So which one is stronger if the Lancelot is 00 Gundam the original and Guren is more along the lines of Exia much newer model with built in specs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Do you exist to seep nonsense and negativity and idiocy out of every pore of your being? And none of your posts have made any contribution to this thread (And I await you saying, smarmy as ever, 'Oh lawl rofl but neither have yours. [insert sad face/grinning face in a vain attempt to mock poster]). If you have nothing to say other than that you can't understand simple sentences and that you spew 'Whatevers', then get out.
........no
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:29   Link #1047
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
So which one is stronger if the Lancelot is 00 Gundam the original and Guren is more along the lines of Exia much newer model with built in specs
i never tried to guess which one is stronger (in terms of it can generate more power)
i said that the guren was built to be able to extend more power for external uses and not internal ones
Old 2008-07-31, 14:30   Link #1048
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i never tried to guess which one is stronger (in terms of it can generate more power)
i said that the guren was built to be able to extend more power for external uses and not internal ones
......what? so external or internal which one's better in the long run
Old 2008-07-31, 14:32   Link #1049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
depends on what external weapons you have at the moment (the guren is pretty useless during the times when the arm is gone)
Old 2008-07-31, 14:33   Link #1050
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
External uses would mean more raw power in the end whereas internal uses would mean more control/finesse as well as probably less firepower but more alternatives/weapons, sorta.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:40   Link #1051
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

[QUOTE=True Warrior;1770337]So Guren would be good for offense and Lancelot for defense?QUOTE]

no it would mean that if the guren has powerfull attachments then then it would be able to power them better then the lancelot could
which is what lead Lloyd to install them on the guren in the first place
but he went too far and created something that no one could pilot
too bad no one told kallen
since she's going to
Old 2008-07-31, 14:42   Link #1052
True Warrior
Banned

[quote=bladeofdarkness;1770354][quote=True Warrior;1770337]So Guren would be good for offense and Lancelot for defense?/
Quote:

no it would mean that if the guren has powerfull attachments then then it would be able to power them better then the lancelot could
which is what lead Lloyd to install them on the guren in the first place
but he went too far and created something that no one could pilot
too bad no one told kallen
since she's going to
So it's Shen-hu all over again
Old 2008-07-31, 14:45   Link #1053
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
So Guren would be good for offense and Lancelot for defense?
Something like that, yes. Though it's in a sense not THAT different from how it has been so far - the Guren uses mostly raw power (that's to say, it's arm) anyway, whereas the Lancelot has far more alternatives/tricks up it's sleeve (as the Suzaku VS Todou fight would bear witness to, AFAIR).

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2008-07-31 at 14:59.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:57   Link #1054
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

People, let me remind you the topic of the thread:
Mechs, Weapons, and Technology of Code Geass

That is pretty self explanatory, so I believe off topic is a easy line to figure by yourself. Oh and if you do have a personal problem with someone, I would suggest PM instead.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:59   Link #1055
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Something like that, yes. Though it's in a sense not THAT differnet from how it has been so far - the Guren uses mostly raw power (that's to say, it's arm) anyway, whereas the Lancelot has far more alternatives/tricks up it's sleeve (as the Suzaku VS Todou fight would bear witness to, AFAIR)
I guess I want to see both of them in action to see who would come on top but from the responses they'll probably end up being even like in all their battles
Old 2008-07-31, 15:06   Link #1056
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I guess I want to see both of them in action to see who would come on top but from the responses they'll probably end up being even like in all their battles

actually
if it ever came to the point where its truly about using the machines to their full abillty's
then kallen would have one big adventage over suzaku
if the new machines really are like the shen-hu (tallgis) then the pilots hurt themselves in order to use them more effectively
the more power you use the more you hurt yourself
if it came to a total no holds barred battle of wills then kallen would win (and die for it ) since she can go all the way while suzaku cant becouse of his geass
its not a good thing ,but its an advantage
Old 2008-07-31, 15:10   Link #1057
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, it's hard to say. Technically the Lancelot might be better, because.. Well, a powerful punch that is powerful enough to smash your opponent is no good if it doesn't hit it's opponent for one thing (of course, IF the punch really hits, then you're dead as well ).
Old 2008-08-01, 06:22   Link #1058
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

The problem with the new mech designs is that the mechs have lost alot of there versatility.

The Lancelot Albion judging from the OP lost alot of its toys. I can't see it waist mounted and forearm mounted slash harkens, its Varis or its float unit mounted hadron blaster. While the Guren has lost its parrying dagger, chest mounted slash harken and left arm mounted cannon.

Now i'm not saying that they haven't had these weapons internalised or Sunrise are holding off in showing off their toys, but something seems suspect to me. I mean usually in Sunrise mecha shows during the OP you see the mechs with all their toys just looking fabulous and well apart from their designs they don't look so hot.

Maybe they've cut down on alot of excess bagage to increase there speed and agility but still i think the trimming is maybe a little excessive.
Old 2008-08-01, 06:25   Link #1059
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The problem with the new mech designs is that the mechs have lost alot of there versatility.

The Lancelot Albion judging from the OP lost alot of its toys. I can't see it waist mounted and forearm mounted slash harkens, its Varis or its float unit mounted hadron blaster. While the Guren has lost its parrying dagger, chest mounted slash harken and left arm mounted cannon.

Now i'm not saying that they haven't had these weapons internalised or Sunrise are holding off in showing off their toys, but something seems suspect to me. I mean usually in Sunrise mecha shows during the OP you see the mechs with all there toys just looking fabulous and well apart from their designs they don't look so hot.

Maybe they've cut down on alot of excess baggae to increase there speed and agility but still i think the trimming maybe excessive.
Well, can't say that you don't have a point. But the short description about them that we see explained to us at th eCG site seems to hype them up quite a bit, so I'd be disappointed if they failed in justifying that hype
Old 2008-08-01, 06:31   Link #1060
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I believe the Lancelot Albion may be incredibly fast, probably one of the fastest knightmares, considering if you look at it's appearance in the OP frame-by-frame, you'd notice it doesn't just appear behind the Guren Shouten Hakkyokushiki, it actually drops down behind in a speedy blur. So it's potential incredible speed should make up for the lack of weapons. And Albion being speedy is a good thing, considering Conquista was slow and bulky and completely uncharacteristic of the Lancelot we're normally used to.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha