AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-19, 01:38   Link #21
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Yes, the whole series is kinda lame~ >< But i dun give a damn about human extinxtion, Gainax is always bluffing on that kind of shit. I just want Hikari BACK!!!!!!!!
But i dun think that the chance of having an OVA or movie would be great, what Jennifer said b4 the OP in the last ep makes the ending seem definite. Her tone just seem to like nail the whole thing down---no continuation allowed, no hope... *tears*
Gainax really gives me headaches.
P.S. would it piss the ppl on the forum off if i use a huge sig(like 600*800)?
It won't piss people off (at least not me), but it will piss the mods off, which is worse... XD

If you ask me, the title "This Ugly and Beautiful World" is way off, the opening intro about "extinction" is way off, the cruel-angel-thesis-style OP is way off. When I first saw the title and the website cover, I thought it was related to Kino no Tabi XD

In the end it's just a love story, nothing about "ugly" or "beautiful" world, except sometimes some characters say one or two lines like "this ugly world", "this beautiful world". You guys who want a happy wuzzy fuzzy ending should ask Gainax to change the OP to a more wuzzy fuzzy kind of song, cut out all the extinction and human instrumentality stuff, and change the title to "Chobits"... and you'll get Chobits... oh and "Video Girl Ai" could be another good fitting title for it...

BTW, kinda wondering, if you can stand the story in Fate/stay night, I don't see why you can't stand the ending to Konomini
Old 2004-06-19, 02:07   Link #22
Saber
イバー

Quote:
BTW, kinda wondering, if you can stand the story in Fate/stay night, I don't see why you can't stand the ending to Konomini
WHO SAYS I CAN!? I CANT, I NEVER CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*tears all over my keyboard*

Sheesh, but the game as the the subtitle "初回限定版" says is only the first part or the first volume, something like that, it's difficult to translate. So there might very well be a continuation, i still have some hope u know.
Old 2004-06-19, 02:16   Link #23
dreamless

Hmm... 初回限定版 translates to more like "Special Limited Edition"... like it has some gifts bundled etc. etc. and not really a "subtitle"...

well, sad stories will always has more impact than happy stories... but then Konomini is not exactly a sad story, no one dies. maybe a bittersweet ending? anyway I love bittersweet endings
Old 2004-06-19, 02:24   Link #24
Saber
イバー

O.o! but 初回 should mean first round or somthing like that. If not a subtitle then what is it?
Dont crumble my only hope, will ya?
And u call that bittersweet huh? Yes it aint no sad story, but the ending just sucks.
Old 2004-06-19, 02:41   Link #25
dreamless

初回 should be "first time", yup so the literal translation should be "First Time Limited Edition", meaning it's the first batch of the game release which usually only comes via pre-oders and with some extra gifts to reward the buyer's enthusiasm of pre-ordering or buying the game early. It's like labels such as "Collector's Edition" and "Game of the Year Edition" in "Baldur's Gate 2 Collector's Edition" and "Deus Ex GOTY Edition". I'm not really sure what it should be called (edition label?), but I don't think it's called subtitle

whether an ending sucks or not largely depends on personal tastes, as I'd think a happy wuzzy fuzzy ending suck. well, you can't please everyone at the same time. when you try to please everyone, most of the time you end up with a mediocre product, while if you do something not for the purpose to please everyone, it will become a hit-or-miss title. IMO one of the major reasons that Gainax becomes the studio which a lot of anime fans love today is that it got guts to do titles not for the purpose to please everyone, that it's brave enough to do hit-or-miss titles that's loved by some and hated by others. But then I guess lately it is trying to do some "crowd pleasers", and Konomini could be such a product...
Old 2004-06-19, 03:11   Link #26
Paiser

stupid dreamless if you havent noticed this anime is one of those Happy fuzzy wuzzy anime!
What does the main girl character looks like? Totally innocent hotty!
What the support main's are? Total lil girl cutie! So i dont know what your thinking dood.
I WANT MY FUZZY WUZZY ENDING NOW!!!
Need season2 Hopfully Gainax is kind enough they'll post a season2 just like mahoromatic2
Old 2004-06-19, 04:41   Link #27
dreamless

what the opening intro said? six extinctions.
what the OP song is about? say goodbye to the world.
what's the signature art of the show? crimson butterfly.
what does the main girl character looks like? totally non-innocent evil hotty.

(borrowed from spiggy)

stupid paiser that's more than enough evidence that this show is obviously not a happy wuzzy fuzzy show.
Old 2004-06-19, 09:48   Link #28
Saber
イバー

Quote:
初回 should be "first time", yup so the literal translation should be "First Time Limited Edition", meaning it's the first batch of the game release which usually only comes via pre-oders and with some extra gifts to reward the buyer's enthusiasm of pre-ordering or buying the game early.
Then there must be a second batch! like Fate/Stay Night 2 or whatever.

Quote:
what the opening intro said? six extinctions.
So what, Hikari said she loved the world, it's the difference from the last six times that makes the whole story worthy to be told. If the 7th sextinction took place, then what's the point of making this anime, it'd just be a recurrence of history
Quote:
what the OP song is about? say goodbye to the world.
Say goodbye to the UGLY world, read the whole sentence man.
Quote:
what's the signature art of the show? crimson butterfly.
What's wrong with that?
Quote:
what does the main girl character looks like? totally non-innocent evil hotty.
Totally innocent, her eyes changed back to the former innocent green after Takeru kissed her.
Old 2004-06-19, 13:42   Link #29
Paiser

Yay saber... *claps* FUZZY WUZZY SHOW!!
ANy ways wut were most of the episode were about???? Dont let me point out now.
Ep2 fuzzy wuzzy
ep3 fuzzy wuzzy
hey damn all the episode were fuzzy wuzzy exept the last 3 episodes and the first ep. Thats all.
Yes MUST SHOW OVA OR MOVIE OR BETTER SEASON 2!!! xD
Old 2004-06-19, 14:20   Link #30
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
to bad they ended this serie to quick just like all other series Gainax does they always end them quite fast just hope for season 2 cuz the last episode kinda leaves a hole...
Old 2004-06-19, 17:47   Link #31
kazuki1046R

Send a message via MSN to kazuki1046R
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Rurouni.
if you look at konomini.com they have announced a movie I think. But Konomini can't end like this

Hi every one!! I'm new. My english sucks...hope you guys don't mind....

According to the site, the movie is just a non-stop eps.1 to eps.6 marathon with some talkshow. By each visit you will get a "not for sale" card as a souvenir. Don't expect there will be some new scenes etc, they just put it on a bigscreen. You can visit the movie from 27 june~4 july. (Only in Akihabara)

That's done for eps.1~6, but how about eps. 7~12? Maybe a remake just like EVA? Personal i think there's possibility for a 2e season/movie. Remember there's a original sound track 1, but since the OST 1 already includes almost all of the songs and BGMs from the tv-serie, i think it is possible that OST 2 will includes stuff from 2e season/movie or rename: The movie OST.

This is just my opinion....maybe i'm wrong....
Old 2004-06-19, 19:31   Link #32
dreamless

The movie links to some trailers and such stuff...

Quote:
Yes MUST SHOW OVA OR MOVIE OR BETTER SEASON 2!!!
well I can agree with you about this, they need to make a OVA or Movie or Season 2 to get rid of all the fuzzy wuzzy stuff and kill off everyone! And knowing Gainax, I'd say if they really decide to make a OVA or Movie or Season 2 of Konomini, it will be very likely that they'll kill off everyone and get rid of the fuzzy wuzzy stuff. See second half of Eva, see End of Eva, see second half of FLCL, see Mahoromatic S2

but then I highly doubt they'll continue Konomini, so I'll just wait to see their Re: Cutie Honey and Gunbuster 2.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-06-19 at 19:41.
Old 2004-06-19, 23:53   Link #33
Paiser

season 2 would be nice. Very nice. Not dreamless way o_O Dreamless why are you still posting in this topic? It had no destruction of the world. So why are you happy that the ending ended with hikairi gone? I thought you might of said NOOOO damn were still alive<-- some shit ilke that.

ANy ways i would like fuzzy wuzzy season 2
Old 2004-06-20, 02:53   Link #34
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
season 2 would be nice. Very nice. Not dreamless way o_O Dreamless why are you still posting in this topic? It had no destruction of the world. So why are you happy that the ending ended with hikairi gone? I thought you might of said NOOOO damn were still alive<-- some shit ilke that.

ANy ways i would like fuzzy wuzzy season 2
I'm happy because it's better than what I have originally expected, but it's only decent. If they wipe out the whole human population, that'd be a great ending

why are you expecting a fuzzy wuzzy 2nd season anyway? Gainax's style is alway first some fuzzy wuzzy stuff then suddenly they kill off everyone to shock you to no end

If you want some fuzzy wuzzy stuff all the way, look for CLAMP... wait, CLAMP is also quite famous that they make fuzzy wuzzy stuff until the last moment where they suddenly kill off everyone

Quote:
Then there must be a second batch! like Fate/Stay Night 2 or whatever.
Err... there are already the second batch, and third batch, and etc. etc. as Fate/stay night is the the best top selling h-game of recent years. a Fate/stay night 2 will not be called the second batch, but the second game... but I think Type Moon will just make some other new game in the Tsukihime universe. maybe Shirow vs. Shiki?
Old 2004-06-20, 03:30   Link #35
Saber
イバー

Deamless: wtf!? second and third batch, WHERE!?
As to the wipe-out-every-living-thing-Gainax-style, i dont give a damn, not one bit. What realy matters is Hikari and Takeru get to be together in the end. It's an action romance anime goddamnit! what kind of freaky ending is that! Separating the couple who loves each other, that's just ridiculous!
Fine, Gainax can vaporize every bloody human soul, but Konomini CANNOT end like this. Which reminds me of the End Of Evangelion version's ending, i actually preferred it to that of the TV series', if u call that an ending that is.
Sorry about the swearing. I get really pissed when an anime i like very much suck at the end.
Old 2004-06-20, 03:42   Link #36
dreamless

well, a batch is different from a new game. say, for example, at first they make 1,000 copies of the game which are the "First Time Limited Edition" packaged with some extra gifts and that's the first batch, and then they make 10,000 copies of the "standard edition" packaged without any extra that's the second batch, and when they prove to be very popular and sell very fast, they make another 30,000 copies and that's the third batch etc. etc. That's what I mean by "batches" of a game, without much if any difference in the game itself. I think usually when a "First Time Limited Edition" is released there's no difference in the game itself but just some extra stuff in the package like a doll or calendar or something.

Hmm... and I don't remember that a romance story needs to have the main characters together at the end. Actually if you play a lot of the Japanese romance games and watch a lot of the romance anime they do a lot of this kind of "physically separated but spiritually together" endings. Vision of Escaflowne and Hoshi no Koe come to mind. Oh of course there's the End of Eva and FLCL which are also from Gainax. And Gunbuster! If they make Gunbuster 2 some fuzzy wuzzy stuff I promise I'll go into a random killing spree.
Old 2004-06-20, 04:01   Link #37
Saber
イバー

Oh i see, thx.
Back to the topic:
"physically separated but spiritually together"? Come on, u gotta be kidding me. IMO, "physically separated but spiritually together"=bullshit! I do not deny the fact that a lot of anime end that way, but those people who made such ending has got to be either A. Have no sense of reality or B. Bakas.
Doh, arguing here all day long wont solve the problem. Somebody send an email to Gainax and tell them to make an OVA or a movie or a 2nd season or whatever as long as it doesnt end the current way!
Old 2004-06-20, 04:24   Link #38
dreamless

I'll choose A, indeed I think those people who made EoE and FLCL obviously has no sense of reality... but when does reality come into play when we are talking about Konomini? There's no sense of reality about some naked perfect girl dropping from the sky

I doubt some emails will solve the problem... I think the best would be for them to make a Konomini game, where you can get all sorts of endings, from the extermination of humanity to Takeru getting all girls including Amika and Sakurako, and maybe Ryou too, that'll solve all kinds of problems
Old 2004-06-20, 09:55   Link #39
Paiser

Must need OVA and happy ending. Now shut up end of discussion! Fuzzy WUzzyy!
Old 2004-06-20, 10:00   Link #40
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
Must need OVA and happy ending. Now shut up end of discussion! Fuzzy WUzzyy!
yeah, we need a true happy ending where everyone is killed off and get rid of all fuzzy wuzzy stuff with a 3rd Impact. hahaha
Closed Thread