AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-16, 22:01   Link #61
Mord

I believe that is melon bread.
Mord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 22:05   Link #62
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I think she's groping that bread bun or something, the melon bread that Takeya and Ren ate. Anyways, just saw 01 of this anime. Feeling of déja vu all over again (of Chobits as people said). Same sense of familiarity when I'm watching Girls Bravo too. These animes remind me of other animes. I'm feeling "meh" to this series right now. However, I do like Neneko's character design. Love that eccentric hairstyle and appearence. Let's see if her personality intrigues me as well.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-17, 01:46   Link #63
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I love fanservice. I've seen light, medium, heavy fanservice, full-blown hentai.... none of it fazes me (except for the NASTY stuff in like Night Shift Nurse X_X). And I'm really enjoying this show for now.

Shikijo from Mahoromatic and Jennifer from Konomini combined have NOTHING on the teacher in this show.

Ren: Uber-cute. Her look really gives her that alien feel, but that's not really important (she's hot, that's all )

Looks like there'll be a plot too. I'll be looking forward to more of this one.

EDIT: I also love Neneko's dancing style in the ending credits.

*Sway, sway, adjust glasses.... Sway, sway, adjust glasses....*

Last edited by Newprimus; 2004-07-17 at 03:20.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 12:51   Link #64
Secca
nya`
*Artist

What's in the water this season? the main female lead in this show and Girls Bravo are so ravenous. ^^;;
Spoiler for screenshots ep2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 13:38   Link #65
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow
Chaos ensues. DearS avatars!!

(added smaller one)

Modify at will if u want. Actually i encourage someone to add borders to them. If anyone knows how to add borders in Ulead gif animator plz let me know.
If you could make an avatar of the cute earmuff girls from the ED or the girl with the cat hat, that would be sweet!!
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 16:37   Link #66
Jeebs
Ooga Booga

Send a message via AIM to Jeebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
A plane "looks like a bird" because it is necessary to have wings to fly. It's simple physics, not artistic design.

hot air balloons, zeplins, helicopters etc etc don't have wings yet they fly. Some birds have wings and can't fly i.e. turkeys and chickens. all that is needed to fly is enough thrust to overcome the pull of gravity. most birds are able to do this because of their hollow bones.

but i do agree with the fact that it isn't just artistic design but the most efficient way for an aircraft to be designed.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 19:51   Link #67
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i guess, this one's ok, allthough they really go all out with the fan service. so much in fact, that most the echi scenes, which are normally there to make you giggle (the "oh he accidently went into the bath and saw a random chick naked, now he gets his ass kicked and gets called a pervert"-type of humor) didn't get a smile/giggle from me, because it's really overkill. maybe they just wanted to atract attention with the first ep and it will keep that fan service at an endurable level in the coming episodes.

besides that, i think the girl with the brown, scrubby hair and glasses, which looks bored sometimes and treats the main character as if he was her little brother (allthouch everyone KNOWS that she is interested in him.) has a very unique character design imho. the other characters in this show didn't flash me as something new, but she kinda stood out. am i the only one, who thinks this way?
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 20:38   Link #68
Arnyer
Ferratus

I liked the character design of the landlord's daughter too. She's a bit eccentric looking (her hairline kind of seems too far back), but she looks and acts the most realistically out of the whole bunch. The difference will probably only get more marked, since I kind of doubt that Ren is going to be the only cute alien running around. She reminds me a bit of Morino from Onegai Teacher/Twins.

I hope though that the series doesn't make a habit of her decking the main character. There are already a billion anime where the female friend beats up the main guy, usually while being secretly in love with him.
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 21:14   Link #69
sozuken

Yeah, we need more DearS avatars. The cuteness really blows you away XD
sozuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 05:53   Link #70
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

I think neneko's head is just meant to be very very big. Despite her well endowed cranium, she is quite kawaii.

Wow, I love this end theme!!!
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 14:15   Link #71
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
anyone know where to get the full versions of Intro and Ending???
thx
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:34   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wait for the single or OST to be released in Japan?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:59   Link #73
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Where did you people find the raws?
Old 2004-07-20, 06:29   Link #74
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun

piff.....gua hahahahaha~
Mua hahaha~ Hehehe~ Gha hahahaa~

Shinova? Hehe~ Haha~

Hoho...hehe.... please.... Shinova...hahaha~ Please...gha hahahahaha~

Shinova.... haha~ Please change your avatar...hehe~ I can't stand it..... hehe~ I can't stop laughing..... hahahah~ Hehe......

I.... i.... i.... hahaha~
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 06:34   Link #75
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Ahem...haha~

Sorry for my previous post...hah~

Back to topic... Is character design DearS a newbie?? I mean do the character designer design other anime?? Cause this is the 1st time i saw such character though much anime character look the same.

I agree that Ren is cute but i'm more curious about the character designer.... i wonder, other than DearS do he/she drawn for other anime??

Piff....gha ha ha ha ha ha ha~

(Holding stomach while laughing....)
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 09:36   Link #76
NeoSam

hehe first post

anyway I'm not sure if anyone posted this already :

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/689/689833/

this site has a little info about the bishoujo game DearS, click on MORE SCREENSHOTS for more pics from the game.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 13:05   Link #77
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
I agree that Ren is cute but i'm more curious about the character designer.... i wonder, other than DearS do he/she drawn for other anime??
Actually, yes... It seems he (Shinji Ochi) did the designs for a show called "Bubuchacha" which looks to be a show for preschool kids. Other than that he's worked on various shows as an animation director.
Old 2004-07-20, 14:08   Link #78
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Back to topic... Is character design DearS a newbie?? I mean do the character designer design other anime?? Cause this is the 1st time i saw such character though much anime character look the same.

Some shows simply have very different looking character designs than the norm. Character designs for Hundred Stories (Requiem from the Darkness) and Kino's Travels differ even more from the norm than DearS does. It has nothing to do with the character designer being a newbie. Truthfully it takes more skill to make good characters that differ from the norm.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 14:39   Link #79
Kensuke

After reading this thread I was expecting something like Eiken, but ecchiness wasn't that bad after all, mild at most.
While I enjoyed most of the first episode, I didn't like that teacher, I kind of feel sorry for Kikuko Inoue...
But anyway, didn't the situation ring the bell? Group of aliens landing on Earth and trying to get into society sound a lot like that TV-show, I believe series name was Alien Nation, or something like that.

Compared to Girls Bravo, DearS is better, at least after watching first episode of both series. I'm following both series for a couple of episodes and then decide are they worth watching.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 18:14   Link #80
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow

i hope you dont mind if i use this one ^.^ thanks!
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen