AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 12:24   Link #1
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Internal Server Error

There is a problem with posting. It seems to depend on message length or number of lines, so I keep it as short as possible: Error is "Internal Server Error".

EDIT: fixed

EDIT2: ... or not, see post below. But as we see long posts again (and I can do them too in the forums I tried), it is either partially fixed or something more complicated, probably involving message size, forum, gender of poster, moon phase at posters birth and number of sunspots when (s)he joined the forum for the first time...

Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 2004-01-23 at 13:51.
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 13:38   Link #2
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
There is a problem with posting. It seems to depend on message length or number of lines, so I keep it as short as possible: Error is "Internal Server Error".

EDIT: fixed
I'm getting the same problem? but I only had two sentences?
I tried posting under Suggestions

edit: still getting that message
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 19:10   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehehe. You breaking things gain mb81?

I'll toss in my hate and say yes, I got them too, but not since early this morning.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 04:19   Link #4
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
we trying some filters.
Did you start playing with those filters around 19th? Because around that time I noticed a severe drop in board performance. Before that every page loaded without any noticeable delay (which means within a few seconds).

While I can't really put my finger on it, since then every page loads slower, but some barely noticable (like two seconds instead of one), others take up to one minute to load. It seems to depend on the amount of data that has to be transfered, but not proportional (as this would be expected) but more like exponential.

Just did a test: An average full size thread page takes at least 35 seconds to load, typical 40 seconds, up to 60 seconds. Note: I have 50 posts per page and images off (except the avatars). I counted only the 2nd to 5th try, so avatars should have been in local cache.

And it's not my connection, I tested that
Old 2004-01-24, 05:30   Link #5
Forse
r00t for life

Hmm...page with ~50-60 replies loads in 3 seconds for me. I have ads turned off for forum so maybe that's what is causing delay...
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 05:48   Link #6
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

I tested with and without blocking ads and it had no significant impact. I forgot to mention that.
I actually think my connection is just too fast and the filters think I am DoS-ing the site and get blocked... Just a wild guess though as I have no clue what mb81 actually does with his filters.
Old 2004-01-24, 06:15   Link #7
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
I actually think my connection is just too fast and the filters think I am DoS-ing the site and get blocked... Just a wild guess though as I have no clue what mb81 actually does with his filters.
I HIGHLY doubt that. Apache doesn't do that and forum software doesn't have power to do that. Apache uses keepalive function to handle connections...there for it's not possible that it cuts you off
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 06:27   Link #8
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

mod_throttle
Old 2004-01-24, 10:40   Link #9
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
That is related to your connection speed. We disabled mod_gzip; so more data to dl.
My connection has no problems transfering a "few bytes" compressesd or not
I just finished installing a limiting proxy (i.e. one that throttles requests and data flow to forums.animesuki.com) and those pages load in 3-5 seconds now instead of 40. A side effect might be that headers and other connection params change (for example pipelining vs. no pipelining). Just curious: did you install mod_security around 19th?

Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 2004-01-24 at 10:50.