AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-13, 08:18   Link #24181
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Car bomb kills 17 people in northwestern Pakistan
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-13-08-39-15
Old 2012-10-13, 14:38   Link #24182
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

By all accounts, Colman Chadam is a healthy, active 11-year-old boy who fit right in at Palo Alto's Jordan Middle School as a new kid in town.
Except now, school officials believe his genetic makeup means he is a health risk to some of its other students and ordered that he be moved to another district middle school 3 miles away.
Colman carries the genetic mutations for cystic fibrosis - but his doctor and parents say he does not have the disease. His parents, out of an abundance of caution, made the disclosure about his condition on a medical disclosure form when he began the school year.
The district - also out of an abundance of caution - decided that Colman would need to change schools seven weeks into the year because other students at Jordan have cystic fibrosis.
While the disease is not contagious, the bacteria those with cystic fibrosis carry can be dangerous to people with the same disease, and non-siblings are advised to stay at least 3 to 6 feet away from each other.

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article...is-3944802.php
Old 2012-10-13, 15:49   Link #24183
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
By all accounts, Colman Chadam is a healthy, active 11-year-old boy who fit right in at Palo Alto's Jordan Middle School as a new kid in town.
Except now, school officials believe his genetic makeup means he is a health risk to some of its other students and ordered that he be moved to another district middle school 3 miles away.
Colman carries the genetic mutations for cystic fibrosis - but his doctor and parents say he does not have the disease. His parents, out of an abundance of caution, made the disclosure about his condition on a medical disclosure form when he began the school year.
The district - also out of an abundance of caution - decided that Colman would need to change schools seven weeks into the year because other students at Jordan have cystic fibrosis.
While the disease is not contagious, the bacteria those with cystic fibrosis carry can be dangerous to people with the same disease, and non-siblings are advised to stay at least 3 to 6 feet away from each other.

Quote:
Colman carries the genetic mutations for cystic fibrosis - but his doctor and parents say he does not have the disease.
So, we make all the students go through a genetic test to see if they have cystic fibrosis? 1/25 have such a mutation and thus make potential carriers - I would like to see how the school funds itself without students.

Another Ryan White scenario.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:48   Link #24184
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Rape victims struggle to get legal abortions in Argentina
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89B16B20121012
Old 2012-10-13, 21:55   Link #24185
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Rape victims struggle to get legal abortions in Argentina
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89B16B20121012
This must be debated thoroughly... it could be abused by any girls who got pregnant through consensual sex... and make it rape so she can abort it legally...

A lot of innocent fetus' lives are at stake here...
Old 2012-10-13, 22:51   Link #24186
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

What is potentially worrying about this is that could be another form of segregation.
Old 2012-10-13, 22:57   Link #24187
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Next stop, the Mutant Registration Act.
Old 2012-10-13, 23:58   Link #24188
Lost Cause

Remember, its all "Zero Tolerance" nowadays.
Old 2012-10-14, 00:03   Link #24189
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay ... I know a fair bit about cystic fibrosis. This story isn't making a lot of sense or we've got uneducated school administration staff making whack-ass decisions.
Old 2012-10-14, 01:12   Link #24190
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay ... I know a fair bit about cystic fibrosis. This story isn't making a lot of sense or we've got uneducated school administration staff making whack-ass decisions.
But they did it on the suggestion of a trained practitioner.

Maybe it is time to send the practitioner gor retraining?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-14, 01:23   Link #24191
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But they did it on the suggestion of a trained practitioner.

Maybe it is time to send the practitioner gor retraining?
If I'm a "trained practitioner" in astrophysics, that doesn't mean I know shit about building a road

Most doctors are massively undertrained in pharmaceuticals and yet many prance about prescribing them without consulting pharmacists (who are thoroughly trained in pharmaceuticals, drug interactions, side effects, etc).

Dr. Carlos appears to have made a generic statement about keeping distance between immuno-compromised types and the school idiots/administrators hit warp speed on it.

After 17 years of dealing with school administrations on various matters, pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical of their risk analysis skills.
Old 2012-10-14, 02:55   Link #24192
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If I'm a "trained practitioner" in astrophysics, that doesn't mean I know shit about building a road

Most doctors are massively undertrained in pharmaceuticals and yet many prance about prescribing them without consulting pharmacists (who are thoroughly trained in pharmaceuticals, drug interactions, side effects, etc).

Dr. Carlos appears to have made a generic statement about keeping distance between immuno-compromised types and the school idiots/administrators hit warp speed on it.

After 17 years of dealing with school administrations on various matters, pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical of their risk analysis skills.
I hear you as a victim of such for 7-8years; school administrations are not required to have risk analysis skills; as indicated by their job name of "administrators" they just need to follow instructions and common nonsense. [/sarcasm]

Old 2012-10-14, 03:06   Link #24193
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That reminds me of the enforced "no nuts" zones due to allergies in some students.
Old 2012-10-14, 04:35   Link #24194
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
This must be debated thoroughly... it could be abused by any girls who got pregnant through consensual sex... and make it rape so she can abort it legally...

A lot of innocent fetus' lives are at stake here...
Technically it would still be illegal, since the precondition is based on a lie.

But that technical point aside, if you think it is a good idea to force a girl to become a mother when she shows such behaviour (claiming she was raped just to get an abortion done on her) is a little bit short sighted. If you think that such girls generally will be good mothers just because they could be forced to carry the child to term - is somewhat illusional.
I think there is more harm done when the innocent child has to consciously live with a mother that is not capable of being a good mother. In contrast to the sentient child, the fetus is not yet a sentient being. But most anti abortion laws seem to be more concerned about non-sentient life then actual sentient life.
Old 2012-10-14, 07:40   Link #24195
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Colombia tries peace talks with FARC rebels to end long conflict
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89D06J20121014
Old 2012-10-14, 11:20   Link #24196
Rahan

Some nutjob will try to break the sound wall barrier in free fall.
He'll dive from 36000m / 120000ft. He is on his way up right now.

You can watch this from here :
http://www.youtube.com/user/redbull
Old 2012-10-14, 13:24   Link #24197
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Some nutjob will try to break the sound wall barrier in free fall.
He'll dive from 36000m / 120000ft. He is on his way up right now.

You can watch this from here :
http://www.youtube.com/user/redbull
He did and made it, having set a new world record!
Old 2012-10-14, 13:45   Link #24198
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

He set 3 of 4 records that the team was aiming for. Joe Kittinger still keeps one of his records It was cool too see.
Old 2012-10-14, 14:00   Link #24199
Solafighter
Hige

History made.

Congrats Felix Baumgartner.
Old 2012-10-14, 14:18   Link #24200
Lota

^
THAT. WAS . AWESOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEE
But seriously, when he jumped I started freaking out, it looked so creepy (+ I'm scared of heights. And falling) and I had just read about what had happened to Nick Piantanida back in 1966... I'm just so glad he's alive and well and seeing a few world records being set live was realy awesome
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international