AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-06, 14:05   Link #20721
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Never knew they had kits for spray paint. If you are going to be spray painting look at your color guild in the manual and choose what paints you want.. Don't really need a spray paint kit. What does a spray paint kit include by the way?
Well, I do see some bundle include couple empty jar, air compressor, couple brush, some already mixed paint, stuff like that
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:51   Link #20722
skyboy928

Quote:
Never knew they had kits for spray paint. If you are going to be spray painting look at your color guild in the manual and choose what paints you want.. Don't really need a spray paint kit. What does a spray paint kit include by the way?
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes9215.htm
the above link is what i saw at some of the local store.
so if i don't need something like that, so i should just go and grab any kinda of spray paint? or is there a certain brand that i should look for
Old 2011-06-07, 01:45   Link #20723
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
so if i don't need something like that, so i should just go and grab any kinda of spray paint? or is there a certain brand that i should look for
i have made great experiences with the spray paint from tamiya^^ if you do it right you get really awesome results.
i have never seen models that include spray paint though. regular model kits from revell come with regular paint but thats about it :P usually you have to buy the paint extra, especially for gunpla
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 03:49   Link #20724
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i have made great experiences with the spray paint from tamiya^^ if you do it right you get really awesome results.
i have never seen models that include spray paint though. regular model kits from revell come with regular paint but thats about it :P usually you have to buy the paint extra, especially for gunpla
cool, thanks, i will try to get some Tamiya brand's paint when i head to local hobby shop next time.
anyway, i'm about to place a new order for Gundam Kits from gundamplanet, they are quite good, really fast reply, event at 11pm i still receive reply from them.
since my usual guy bait out on me this month, i place the order for the MG 00 Raiser, along with the SD version, also Musha Mk.II. and also pre-ordered MG Epyon as well.
4 kits together are roughly $240 including S/H.
Old 2011-06-07, 04:53   Link #20725
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
HG 00 Qan[T] is a good deal if you like the design, it's articulation is the same as HG 00 Raiser who Dalong nicknamed Yoga Gundam once or something. Do note that the Sword Bits do not come with a stand so if you want them flying around, your going to have to get creative on your own, much like what I had to do.

I would recommend against HG Harute even of you like the design. The GN Sword Rifles are too bulky and heavy, in fact the whole MS is too bulky and heavy. At least my experiences with it is not good so far.

HG Dynames GN Arms is just overpriced for me, get it if you truly truly dig the design and want one. One of it's selling points used to be the GN pistols for HG Dynames, but that is no longer the case since you can obtain them by buying HG Astraea Type F now.
I guess I'll just get the 00 Qan[T] on a different day. I don't want to build something which is so similar from my last kit built.
As for the Harute, do the arms suffer from the weight of the rifles?
I didn't really care much about it having the pistols but for me the selling point was the GN Arms itself. But from what I've heard, the holsters from the Astraea Type-F aren't compatible with Dynames.

Quote:
i c, in that case i would suggest to go with Hi-Nu
for all my kits i only panel lining, since i'm really suck at painting, and lately Bandai been doing a great job on the paint itself, so i'm pretty satisfy already. i do wish to learn how to paint them or even do some small scale modeling, but again.... the painting is the part where i hate the most......
Just ordered the MG Hi-nu. Can't wait to build it once it arrives.
You should really try to paint kits. You'll find that it's also fun and you can get creative and give it your own color scheme. I'm making a custom build myself from an old and slightly busted kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame2K5 View Post
Of those the only one Ive built is Infinite Justice, and I really like the kit. I like that it has a unique look, not the standard Gundam color scheme, etc. That and I'm a sucker for anything with cool wings/ jet packs. lol. Hi-nu is one of the next ones I plan to get. Keep waiting on gundamstoreandmore to get 00 qan t back in stock so I can save on shipping.
Same reason why I placed them on my top list.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 06:00   Link #20726
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Just ordered the MG Hi-nu. Can't wait to build it once it arrives.
You should really try to paint kits. You'll find that it's also fun and you can get creative and give it your own color scheme. I'm making a custom build myself from an old and slightly busted kit.
i will definitely give that a try one of these day, but first thing first i need to find a few cheap kit to practice on, after all, i don't want to ruin a perfectly fine looking kit especially nowadays Gundam are getting more and more expensive
Old 2011-06-07, 06:35   Link #20727
Appel

Quote:
i will definitely give that a try one of these day, but first thing first i need to find a few cheap kit to practice on, after all, i don't want to ruin a perfectly fine looking kit especially nowadays Gundam are getting more and more expensive
what i did i kust tried it on my 1/100 OO gundam no grade. i painted that one red so that id have some practise and so that i have a OO gundam/g inspection^^
it turned out ok and i took what i learned to paint the MG freedom which turned out lovely! no bubbles no nothing.
so yeah, order a cheap kit like a 1/100 no grade and just give it a shot. at HLJ they have the NG 1/100 OO on sale right now so maybe youd want to paint it red, too^^
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956906
or a cheap HG kit or something like that. just pick something with a simple design to practise.

spraying itself is easy, too. just keep the can about 30 cm away from the piece you want to spray and spray it with short light bursts. that way you get no bubbles and the paint wont form ugly pools.
then let it dray for a day or so and apply some top coat. make sure to get one that dries quickly, i made the mistake and got one that takes a long time to dry for my OO... on the freedom i didnt make that mistake anymore and got a quickly drying matt top coat.

i also ordered a MG rezel from HLJ today, they have it on sale for 48% off^^ i always wanted a rezel and i didnt want the commander type anyway =D
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965298

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-07 at 08:14.
Old 2011-06-07, 08:33   Link #20728
skyboy928

Quote:
i also ordered a MG rezel from HLJ today, they have it on sale for 48% off^^ i always wanted a rezel and i didnt want the commander type anyway =D
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965298
good tips, thanks
that MG Rezel is pretty cheap, i wonder how much is the shipping cost.
Gundamplanet is selling that at $64 USD......... however i could add it to my current order so i won't get charge for shipping.

also after i think a bit, i think i will try it on one of my oldest kit, non-grade Epyon. after all, i'm getting the MG Epyon, the old one might ended up back in the box, lol
Old 2011-06-07, 08:40   Link #20729
Appel

Quote:
good tips, thanks
that MG Rezel is pretty cheap, i wonder how much is the shipping cost.
Gundamplanet is selling that at $64 USD......... however i could add it to my current order so i won't get charge for shipping.

also after i think a bit, i think i will try it on one of my oldest kit, non-grade Epyon. after all, i'm getting the MG Epyon, the old one might ended up back in the box, lol
all in all the rezel shouldnt cost me more that 50€. i hope... i think thats a good deal!

thats a great idea, if you would put that one away you might as well paint it^^
if you do a custom color scheme though you have to watch out that you cant just paint a light color like yellow for example over the epyons dark colors like red or black. in that case you would have to use a white primer. otherwise the darker color will always shine through
Old 2011-06-07, 08:44   Link #20730
Sworra

Quote:
Stay away from canned air.. That paint kit is garbage, you will run into alot of trouble with it. Canned air need to be perfectly vertical in order to get the air to come out, otherwise the propellant will come out with the paint and then you might as well sand it down or throw the kit out.

Quote:
spraying itself is easy, too. just keep the can about 30 cm away from the piece you want to spray and spray it with short light bursts. that way you get no bubbles and the paint wont form ugly pools.
then let it dray for a day or so and apply some top coat. make sure to get one that dries quickly, i made the mistake and got one that takes a long time to dry for my OO... on the freedom i didnt make that mistake anymore and got a quickly drying matt top coat.
Here is a tip i learned with using spray cans. Before you start to paint your parts, dip your can of spray paint in luke warm water in a jar, not to hot cause then the paint will explode, just enough to make the can warm ( let it sit in the water about 3 to 5 minutes).. This part you have to be quick cause you want to spray your parts with a warm can.. By doing this, this makes the paint particles thinner so when you spray your part it produces a better layer when you paint.. And it causes no bubbles at all.. Since you two are using spray paint, thought id share that with you two..

Cheers
Old 2011-06-07, 09:37   Link #20731
Appel

Quote:
Stay away from canned air.. That paint kit is garbage, you will run into alot of trouble with it. Canned air need to be perfectly vertical in order to get the air to come out, otherwise the propellant will come out with the paint and then you might as well sand it down or throw the kit out.

Here is a tip i learned with using spray cans. Before you start to paint your parts, dip your can of spray paint in luke warm water in a jar, not to hot cause then the paint will explode, just enough to make the can warm ( let it sit in the water about 3 to 5 minutes).. This part you have to be quick cause you want to spray your parts with a warm can.. By doing this, this makes the paint particles thinner so when you spray your part it produces a better layer when you paint.. And it causes no bubbles at all.. Since you two are using spray paint, thought id share that with you two..

Cheers
you are right, ive read that tipp before as well^^
it doesnt make the particles thinner though, it simply makes the gas and the solvent get out of the paint a lot easier. thats why you shouldnt make it too hot because then it would come out too quickly and forms a ton of bubbles!

i painted my freedom on a pretty nice and hot weekend though so i didnt really have to do it. the paint didnt form any bubbles at all and was dry within 30 minutes XD
i really liked that, this way i was done with the hole model in 2 days.
Old 2011-06-07, 10:48   Link #20732
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Transcript of Q&A Session with Bandai at 50th Shizuoka Hobby show :-

http://gtoys.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-4695.html

In summary :-

1) MG V2 is still in development. However, they want the kit to be as perfect as possible and they had not reach the stage where their engineering skills met the requirement, so this is going to take a while.

2) They are going to concerntrate on 0083 and Unicorn for future HGUC releases. And a HGUC Dra-C is quite possible.

3) Bandai is cutting down on MG Releases because of cost and product lineup factors. They prefer releasing something around 2000 yen or so.

3) No Gundam X kit in the foreseeable future. Bandai is concerntarting on G for HG and W for MG.

4) No comments in regards to PG releases.

5) As for a PG Unicorn. Bandai calculated the cost factor and decide it's not worth the risk.

6) About a MG Delta Gundam (Not Delta Plus), they are going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude after the release of MG Delta Plus and MG Hyashiki 2.0.

7) They have a MG Kshatriya Prototype and it requires a metal frame to be stable. Again, cost factor is preventing Bandai from mass producing it.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 13:05   Link #20733
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Transcript of Q&A Session with Bandai at 50th Shizuoka Hobby show :-

http://gtoys.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-4695.html

In summary :-

1) MG V2 is still in development. However, they want the kit to be as perfect as possible and they had not reach the stage where their engineering skills met the requirement, so this is going to take a while.

2) They are going to concerntrate on 0083 and Unicorn for future HGUC releases. And a HGUC Dra-C is quite possible.

3) Bandai is cutting down on MG Releases because of cost and product lineup factors. They prefer releasing something around 2000 yen or so.

3) No Gundam X kit in the foreseeable future. Bandai is concerntarting on G for HG and W for MG.

4) No comments in regards to PG releases.

5) As for a PG Unicorn. Bandai calculated the cost factor and decide it's not worth the risk.

6) About a MG Delta Gundam (Not Delta Plus), they are going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude after the release of MG Delta Plus and MG Hyashiki 2.0.

7) They have a MG Kshatriya Prototype and it requires a metal frame to be stable. Again, cost factor is preventing Bandai from mass producing it.
it make sense to concentrate on UC time line, there's so many kit they could release, especially under HGUC, cutting down on MG kit is sad, but then again, my wallet was save,
so i guess i will concentrate on getting all the Wing Gundam MG kits without worry about a PG all the sudden appear,
Old 2011-06-07, 13:20   Link #20734
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

The blurb about the MG V2 makes me very happy indeed.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:56   Link #20735
Araxiel

Recently got two of the 1/144 NG Gundam Virsago kits, one of which I'm using as a gineau pig for the whole sanding/airbrushing process since I've never done that before [I've been brush-painting up till now]. I'm also going all out on filling in hollow spaces with putty and all that, and even carving a hole in its pelvis to install a polycap so it's secure on an action base. Wish me luck.

I tell you this now so there's less surprise when the Laws Of Gunpla are triggered and HGAW Virsago is announced.

WIP pics tomorrow probably.

Edit:
Quote:
Aha, my confidence in little-understood universal laws is misplaced. D'oh. XD
Old 2011-06-07, 16:01   Link #20736
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
That's pretty interesting. I guess we'll see the MG line slowly scaled back in favor of the RG line. It's a shame though.. I absolutely love my Master Grades.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:03   Link #20737
Appel

it would be awesome to see the kshatriya prototype^^ but its a shame that that model isnt ready yet, id love a MG kshatriya!
Old 2011-06-07, 16:13   Link #20738
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

To give some insight into the Ksyhatria, as it is now, it would cost more than the MG The O.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 18:52   Link #20739
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

To clarify about the MG Hyashiki 2.0, Bandai has no official statement about the release of it.

It's just that "if a MG Hyashiki 2.0 is released, the possibility is there for a MG Delta Gundam."
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 01:35   Link #20740
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
To give some insight into the Ksyhatria, as it is now, it would cost more than the MG The O.
yeah. a metal frame would be expensive... it might be even more expensive than MG the-O :P

it would just be cool to see that frame^^

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy