AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 03:52   Link #5701
Mentar
Banned

*grin*

Hata really doesn't want to give Hina a break ^_^

Spoiler for c259:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 22:21   Link #5702
Tom Bombadil

Sigh... I was so looking forward to a 1:1 pure gold Hina figure.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-02-10 at 00:04.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 22:52   Link #5703
thenightsshadow

Spoiler for Chapter 260:
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 00:00   Link #5704
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Enjoy your A-tan end guys.

Spoiler:
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 08:34   Link #5705
zibi88

Spoiler for nice chap ^^:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 09:58   Link #5706
Mentar
Banned

Well, mostly like predicted, so far. But...

Spoiler for 260:
Old 2010-02-12, 11:03   Link #5707
zibi88

Spoiler for hmmm....:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 11:57   Link #5708
Used Can

As much as I'd be pleased by an Athena end, I don't think anything has been settled. We know Athena still loves Hayate deeply, and we know Hayate still cares and loves Athena, but at the same time, he's also got his duty as Nagi's butler which, I'm sure, he'll definitely fulfill. So, despite his feelings for Athena, he may choose to live up to his duty.

I also think Hina gained major points in these chapters, but at the same time I also get the feeling her relationship with Hayate will change. So far, she's been a girl who's been in love with him, but it seems now she'll be happy just being his ally. In fact, this is something Hina pondered at the beginning of this arc, during the volleyball match against Gilbert. All the same, hopefully Hina will get some reward for her actions. Seriously, these chapters made me remember why she used to be my favourite character. She's simply great.

As for Athena, I wonder what sort of role will she be playing now. She's been rescued, and I guess she can live in peace now. Will she go back to Japan? If she does, will she become part of the regular cast? What impact would her presence have in the development of the story and the other characters? All the same, so far, she's been the damsel in distress, I guess it's time for her to start being of help to others and mainly to Hayate. All the girls have done a lot for Hayate, and while Athena did a lot for him 10 years ago, no matter how big the impact of her actions were on Hayate, that's in the past. If there's an Athena end, I think she's got to start helping Hayate, so that in the end it won't seem unfair for the other girls.
Old 2010-02-12, 12:23   Link #5709
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

I also think Hina gained major points in these chapters, but at the same time I also get the feeling her relationship with Hayate will change. So far, she's been a girl who's been in love with him, but it seems now she'll be happy just being his ally. In fact, this is something Hina pondered at the beginning of this arc, during the volleyball match against Gilbert. All the same, hopefully Hina will get some reward for her actions. Seriously, these chapters made me remember why she used to be my favourite character. She's simply great.
No matter how many favorites I have here or any other series, it's chapters like these and early on in the series as well, Hina will be the only one at the top of my favorites list. She will not lose points even if Hayate decides to pick another character (if he decides to).
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 12:25   Link #5710
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Maria? Completely left out lately.
Speaking of which, she has some sort of connection with Athena. If Hayate takes Athena back to the hotel/mansion after they finish their embrace (which seems likely, since Machina is there and Athena's house is rather... damaged), we might finally see what kind of relationship those two had.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 13:37   Link #5711
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I also think Hina gained major points in these chapters, but at the same time I also get the feeling her relationship with Hayate will change. So far, she's been a girl who's been in love with him, but it seems now she'll be happy just being his ally.
Naturally there's no way to tell right now how things are going to develop, but I feel that this is the core question where we I have to disagree. I'm sure that she'll remain being his ally. That's what she's been all along. But no, she won't be happy. Accepting, maybe. But enduring, rather. Hata very carefully made clear time and time again that Hina feels very unhappy about it.

Chapter 257: "I'm so jealous of Tennous-san... the truth that Hayate-kun loves someone makes my heart hurt. And when I think about how Ayumu will feel the same way once I tell her, it makes it even more painful."

Quote:
In fact, this is something Hina pondered at the beginning of this arc, during the volleyball match against Gilbert.
Which indicates why I'm feeling such a _strong_ empathy for Hina. Her love is of the "right" kind. Her first priority is the well-being and happiness of the one she loves, not her own. She consistently places his interests over her own selfish ones. During the volleyball match. During the dinner resolution when she pushed him to see Athena. During the showdown, when she equipped him and sent him to save Athena while she handled the "small fries". But in the end, her "reward" is seeing the guy she loves in the arms of someone else. So she turns to go.

Hands up who imagines an accepting smile under her mask.

I can't.

Quote:
All the same, hopefully Hina will get some reward for her actions. Seriously, these chapters made me remember why she used to be my favourite character. She's simply great.
At the moment she's a very tragic character. And yes, I demand some kind of reward (and the fact that it was purposely withheld is _my_ consolation here, because in my opinion she significantly boosted her long-range chances in this chapter).

So I hope that she'll be able to somehow find the heart to carry on with her normal positive self rather than her hurt-mopey one. But if this manga is going to end without her able to blow all the karma points she accumulated over the course of this story, I'll be very unsatisfied.
Old 2010-02-12, 17:05   Link #5712
zodanhko
*ignoring*

It's about time Athena receives some love. ^.^

Hina still has many friends so I guess she can handle it.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 20:07   Link #5713
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

@zibi88
I know zibi dude, I'm a Hina supporter as well (by looking at her condition, I really pity her). It is not just hurting you, but it hurts me too.

@hinakatbklyn & Mentar
Good point. But it is too early for her to give up right now, cause I heard that the changes of her relationship with Hayate will take place in the further chapter. Someday, somehow, it WILL happen. And Mentar, yes, I am being envy of Athena as well.

Speaking of Maria, well, she will play more roles as a major supportive character in the further chapters since she a lady who is full of mysteries.

And...

To all Hina fans in this forum, please be patient, the miracle that we are wishing for will soon make it happen. Cause Hata had made a prediction on it.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 21:04   Link #5714
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
@zibi88

Good point. But it is too early for her to give up right now, cause I heard that the changes of her relationship with Hayate will take place in the further chapter. Someday, somehow, it WILL happen. And Mentar, yes, I am being envy of Athena as well.

To all Hina fans in this forum, please be patient, the miracle that we are wishing for will soon make it happen. Cause Hata had made a prediction on it.
I am wishing for it too, but sometimes patience can run out after awhile.

Spoiler for What if?:
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 00:12   Link #5715
aldw

One thing I agree for certain, there are still way too many plot elements in the air for this story to be even remotely over yet.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 02:48   Link #5716
Tom Bombadil

I predict that Hina will be the one to open the way to Royal Garden. They should be heading back to Japan soon. Hina has the sword, and she is the hero of justice. That at least satisfies the 2 conditions in chapter 216.
Old 2010-02-13, 04:58   Link #5717
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I also think Hina gained major points in these chapters, but at the same time I also get the feeling her relationship with Hayate will change. So far, she's been a girl who's been in love with him, but it seems now she'll be happy just being his ally.
As an addition, I asked a TL to translate the final exchange between Isumi and Hina. It underlines things very well:

Isumi: "I need to heal Hayate-sama's wounds. So... why are you leaving already?"
Hina: "It's fine. That's not our job."
Isumi: "You're not crying, are you, Hero-san?"
Hina: "What are you talking about? Heroes aren't supposed to show the tears hidden behind their masks."
Old 2010-02-13, 05:58   Link #5718
Used Can

By the way guys, I'm glad many of you are back to the thread. It had been quite silent here, for a while. Hopefully, the other girls will receive development in the next arc, so that the other members will also start posting in this thread again.

Anyway, just as I wouldn't write Hina's chances out, I'd say the same about Maria. Sure, at the moment she's been a gag character, but she really had no role in this arc (well, she's supposed to know Athena, but I guess we'll know about that later), so at the very least she added some comedy. All the same, you guys can be sure she'll have a birthday arc and she'll receive development there, you can bet your right eye on it.
Old 2010-02-13, 10:14   Link #5719
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
since Hata is such a big fan of type-moon, i predict Hina is the new Sat-chan

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-02-13 at 12:50.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 12:47   Link #5720
KoroshiyaX
X

You guys forget that Athena is also a chairman of Hakuo Academy, so it would actually be quite easy to find a reason for her to return to Japan along with everyone else.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen