AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-05, 21:23   Link #1261
Shadow5YA

I'm fine as long as Shiho's revival wasn't a complete success. If she's on life support, her body can still be used to manipulate or provoke 9AD and Shioon.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 23:33   Link #1262
Xion Valkyrie

She should come back as a zombie. Then we can have martial artists vs zombies and settle the age old question. Although, if she has her martial arts skills still, then she'd be a zombie martial artist?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 02:39   Link #1263
noktown

Spoiler for Chapter 38:
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 02:54   Link #1264
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 38:
well to make gromo pissed off and try to go against murim... becouse they are responsible for shiho's death.....and so she might be used again as a STOP for gromo and give him a happy life with her and stop the usless fights of his..

well bringing her back might be a sign that sosul will come back too xD and so Shioon will be suroudned by 4girls ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 04:35   Link #1265
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Wow..in the end, the doctor is try to make a medicine for Shioon...finally,i can't wait for see Shioon recovery his ki-center, and see his Skiils..
There are the expectations for a great war

And the other doctor is really trying to bring her back to life...mmm,I do not think it's a good idea of ​​the 'author to do this .. is too illogical

However, Sera... with glass..,i want a tacher like this,hahahah
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 10:32   Link #1266
noktown

If he revives her for the sake of the fans and then stop at that,then I'm ok with that,but if they're going to use some miracle juice/Shion's blood to revive dead people that would suck.
Old 2011-08-06, 10:44   Link #1267
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. At least it's just blood. I can think of a way more disturbing proposition, when it comes to bodily fluids.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 11:41   Link #1268
Shadow5YA

We still don't know whether Shiho is alive or not. For all we know that could be nothing but her corpse that's been refrigerated for preservation to prevent it from rotting away.
Old 2011-08-06, 12:35   Link #1269
noktown

^
Yes,she's dead,but from what that guy says,he's planning to bring her back from the dead...
Old 2011-08-06, 13:53   Link #1270
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm actually fine with the author reviving her. If it means the manga can backtrack slightly from this "shion gets his ass wooped by everyone" it's all good.
Old 2011-08-06, 14:06   Link #1271
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I really liked her so I guess I'm fine with it. I know the categorical hatred that this trope can provoke but, she shouldn't have died in the first place IMO. She was basically the obligatory sacrifice so you wouldn't have a no-death ending, and she was the least deserving of it. Now that the series is continuing there's no reason for her to be dead anymore. :P

Of course I ignore long JUMP shounen series and American superhero comics (LAWL), so I haven't had to encounter this trope so much that I would learn to hate it.

As a matter of fact I'd leverage a point of criticism that this second series is ignoring the original characters too much. Sera -- for all her hotness -- has been introduced rather randomly into the series, and her role so far confusing, until now. She's almost too much of a latecomer given Sosul, Sae-hee, and Jinie who joined in as a catalyst for the second "season."

Though is it just me or Sera seemed to have enjoyed playing the teacher for Shioon there? Is she one of those types who like the kinky teacher-and-student play or somethin'?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:11   Link #1272
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not so sure I want to see some miracle cure to fix Shioon's broken ki-center. For 38 chapters we've been pitched that it's impossible. Sure I'm tired of seeing him struggle like a worm, but I'd like to see the doc to come up with some other solution. Something that's completely unheard of, since Shioon has also been spammed that his body is one of a kind by the author...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:17   Link #1273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I really liked her so I guess I'm fine with it. I know the categorical hatred that this trope can provoke but, she shouldn't have died in the first place IMO. She was basically the obligatory sacrifice so you wouldn't have a no-death ending, and she was the least deserving of it. Now that the series is continuing there's no reason for her to be dead anymore. :P

Of course I ignore long JUMP shounen series and American superhero comics (LAWL), so I haven't had to encounter this trope so much that I would learn to hate it.

As a matter of fact I'd leverage a point of criticism that this second series is ignoring the original characters too much. Sera -- for all her hotness -- has been introduced rather randomly into the series, and her role so far confusing, until now. She's almost too much of a latecomer given Sosul, Sae-hee, and Jinie who joined in as a catalyst for the second "season."
Dunno. She looks like a "normal" murim leader to me. She's not hailed as a super-genius, her clan is small, she neither has much of a grudge against nor worships Nine Arts Dragon... Just a murim-in trying to make her way in the world.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:35   Link #1274
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Dunno. She looks like a "normal" murim leader to me. She's not hailed as a super-genius, her clan is small, she neither has much of a grudge against nor worships Nine Arts Dragon... Just a murim-in trying to make her way in the world.
Exactly she can gain a lot if Shiion is able to become the "true" leader of the Sunwoo clan and way more if she is responsible for that. What she is doing up to now is completely logical even "stating" that she is using him.

The doctor has clearly said that repairing the ki centre is impossible, I think he is thinking of using some particularities of Shiion body to make him able to fight, it's possible that the first pills was a test to see the reaction of Shiion body and the little talk on the roof plus the second pill was to make sure that Shiion will come back to see him. Right now he is preparing for that and Sera has seen through his plan
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:52   Link #1275
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, yes, that's clear by now. But the way she was introduced we didn't know if she'd become a villain or an ally or whatever and what nefarious plots she had, 'is what I mean. Of course Sera is arguably just a symptom of the second series fumbling around being not very sure of what it wants to do.

Compared to the other girls, Sae-Hee was there in the beginning, the original motivation girl, "Princess" Sosul was introduced to ramp up the pressure in an epic arc (and quite awesome an introduction she had!) as well as to draw the main character deeper into the Murim world, and Jinie was used as a catalyst to start the second series with a bang and push it out running...and now she's shoved away crying somewhere pointlessly until the author gets bored with Sera or something. :X
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:08   Link #1276
Shadow5YA

I dunno... Sera is a bit honest for a Murimin. Out of all the people who helped Shioon so far, Sera has been the most straightforward with him.
Old 2011-08-08, 19:56   Link #1277
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

It'd be nice if it turned out that Sera was using Shioon all along to lead her to 9AD, and brings along some defeated enemies re-powered up for a showdown.
Old 2011-08-09, 14:17   Link #1278
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not so sure I want to see some miracle cure to fix Shioon's broken ki-center. For 38 chapters we've been pitched that it's impossible. Sure I'm tired of seeing him struggle like a worm, but I'd like to see the doc to come up with some other solution. Something that's completely unheard of, since Shioon has also been spammed that his body is one of a kind by the author...
The drug that was first used on Shioon was also something like that. He survived the side-effects in a miraculous manner, so it is quite possible for the next one to act like that. Also, recovery being impossible at the moment is not really an issue here, since it does not change the fact that future developments can make that quite possible - though it will probably not act in the supposed way.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 10:41   Link #1279
Raxnom
気疲れ

Cover for chapter 39 http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100135015939
Raxnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 13:08   Link #1280
DarkLordOfkichiku

The chapter 39 cover is up at the artist's blog:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100135015939
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags