AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-05, 16:19   Link #181
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
P.S.: How can you live after having your head chopped off?
You grow another one.

XD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 23:14   Link #182
DukeTheGold
Shichibukai

I facepalm at the lack of a Schneizel El Britannia option. I found his characteristics...intriguing. Remaining puzzled that I am at this: whether Schneizel is truly a force of kindness or a devious mastermind unlike Lelouch?

Vote 1: Lelouch Vi Britannia. An anti-hero with attractive personalities and histories to be sympathized. Unlike his DeathNote counterpart Light Yagami, Lelouch is a man who is truly deserving of admiration. Driven by a haunting tragic past and fueled by the naive dream of a happier world, Lelouch strives to achieve his goals, no matter how bloody the means. Sufficient to say, I loved how his character develops over time as various events influence him as such. His malevolence side is simply a sad byproduct of warfare. Lelouch is a genius without peer, matching toward his goals along a bloody road for the sake of naive dreams. He cared for his friends, he cared for consequences of his deeds and he suffered from the torments of his own actions. He is perhaps my favorite character of all time for the sake of his complexity in character.

Vote 2: C.C. A mysterious woman with a mysterious past. Few details were shown, however they were sufficient to weave a tragic tale. Seemly a simply cold person who has seen too much suffering for a lifetime, she is in fact but a girl with longings for warmness inside. Her intricate characteristics intrigue me. Her pizza hut theme is plain hilarious. I like her!

Vote 3: Kallen. Little to say here. I voted for her due to her sheer determination and sense of blind loyalty. She was willing to sacrifice her dignity and life in order to lay down a pathway of a brighter future for Japan. I think she deserves a vote here.

Vote 4: Nunally Lamperouge. Her kindness is heartwarming. Her determination resembles her brother's. She is perhaps the sole reason that Lelouch has not fallen for the dark side(no starwar references intended). Like a shiny star, her smile shines through the clouds of war and lights up just a little warmness within Lelouch's heart. An angelic character almost without faults, her bright features lighted up my heart as well.

NO VOTE FOR...Suzaku...If I calm my mind to a certain degree and perform a self diagnose, I can deduct that Suzaku is not at fault for his lack of popularity in my mind. In fact, the blame is all on Kira Yamato (A.K.A. "Jesus"-no offenses). Suzaku's character bears too much resemblance toward that of Kira Yamato of Gundam Seed(Destiny) and many other characters. His characteristics are...overused in the animation/manga industry. His characteristics are simply unoriginal, despite been better developed compared to Kira Yamato. Also, Suzaku is the primary antagonist force that opposes Lelouch who is everybody's modeled hero. So Suzaku plays the role of an anti anti-hero here... Weird, no? However I find his characters dislikable for being overused, oversimplified and that he opposes Lelouch!!!! So no vote for him...and sadly so. However it seems that Kira Yamato is very popular in Japan...so no Kira haters mean no Suzaku haters over there...hence why Suzaku's popularity is quite high in Japan.
DukeTheGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:05   Link #183
Eryna

Voted for Lelouch, C.C., Lloyd and Cornelia.
Eryna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 10:38   Link #184
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
NO VOTE FOR...Suzaku...If I calm my mind to a certain degree and perform a self diagnose, I can deduct that Suzaku is not at fault for his lack of popularity in my mind. In fact, the blame is all on Kira Yamato (A.K.A. "Jesus"-no offenses). Suzaku's character bears too much resemblance toward that of Kira Yamato of Gundam Seed(Destiny) and many other characters. His characteristics are...overused in the animation/manga industry. His characteristics are simply unoriginal, despite been better developed compared to Kira Yamato. Also, Suzaku is the primary antagonist force that opposes Lelouch who is everybody's modeled hero. So Suzaku plays the role of an anti anti-hero here... Weird, no? However I find his characters dislikable for being overused, oversimplified and that he opposes Lelouch!!!! So no vote for him...and sadly so. However it seems that Kira Yamato is very popular in Japan...so no Kira haters mean no Suzaku haters over there...hence why Suzaku's popularity is quite high in Japan.
That's not why I didn't vote for him.... I didn't vote foor him because he's an angsty character. We've got more than enough of those, and his whole logic and reasoning is flawed, anyway. Not to mention he killed his own father.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:23   Link #185
CitizenGeek
State Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to CitizenGeek
As much as I really hated Brittania ... I loved Cornelia! She was awesome; she kind of reminded me of Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist, who I absolutely adore and any character that even remotely resembles Lust is, by default, fantastic!

Like C.C. too! I wanted to like Lelouch ... but then that whole Euphemia thing :/

I hate, hate, hate Suzaku for ruining all of Lelouch's awesome plans, though!
CitizenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 12:36   Link #186
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

When the second season starts this list of favorite characters is going to be almost double what it is now. With the Knights of the Round, Rollo, Chinese Federation characters, EU characters(this is a guess). Will the poll start over?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 14:52   Link #187
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
When the second season starts this list of favorite characters is going to be almost double what it is now. With the Knights of the Round, Rollo, Chinese Federation characters, EU characters(this is a guess). Will the poll start over?
i guess it will because i'm sure opinions have changed over the airing time of S1 and opinions have changed with the new characters joining in as well
i guess a 2nd poll would be best, though we all know who will be on top :P
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 01:12   Link #188
Blackmoon042

I voted for Shirley, Euphie, Lulu, and C.C.

Shirley: My favorite of the four. Kind, silly at times and has a depressing fate. She may seem a bit generic and unoriginal in character design, though, but she's a great character, IMO and I love how she reacts to situations: from trying to take back a bottle of wine (I think?) from Lulu and Suzaku to attempting to kill Lulu after discovering that he's Zero. She rocks.

Euphie: Caring, considerate, flexible, selfless, and she wants the Japanese to try to live peacefully with the Empire. Also, probably Lelouch's only sibling that has/would've accepted him for being Zero. Also, I think she's just innocent enough to not be, well, I don't know, however I think she has just the right amount of it.

Lulu: He has strong traits of typical protagonists and typical antagonists. His motives of making the world a better place to live in and to find out who ordered for his mother to be killed and exact revenge upon them, yet indifferently using the lives of terrorists on his side as chess pieces makes him seen caring, however, also uncaring, which I find interesting, although it's apparent he only really cares for Nunnally(sp?), his mother, Euphie, friends, and possibly some of the people close to him in the Black Knights.

C.C.: Honestly, I just think she looks cool. I hate her cold, callous personality, but I love her hair, eyes, and choice of clothing (yes, even the straight jacket).
Blackmoon042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 13:55   Link #189
LuckySeven
Nani!

My votes.

Vote 1: Lelouch (Lulu)/Zero

From the first time I saw him, he became my number 1 character of the show. He is my topmost reason I watch(ed) this anime. His personality remembers me on Light character from DN-a. Personally I like how he walks the line between light and darkness. Also how his love for his sister is on first place of importance to him. Because of that he wows to destroy Britannia and make the world a better place for his sister to live.

Vote 2: C.C.

Mostly the female character in animes are weak in mind, I will not say d***b. But she is strong mentally and her character is still shrouded in mystery. Can't wait to see what will happen to her in season 2. Gotta love mysterious female characters in anime.

Vote 3: Karen/Kallen

Love her strong fighter attitude, specially her change from strong female to weak schoolgirl. I'm impressed with heir's fighting skills with Guren Mk II.

Vote 4: Milly

Well I love when she tries to show how she feels to Lelouch. Apparently she has some fillings involving him, but she will not say it (family status). I hope that we will see her more in second season.

Vote 5: Sayoko

I liked Sayoko's diary. I remember how much I laughed at the scene involving Suzaku and Lelouch.

Suzaku - hatred

Arthur - traitor
LuckySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 04:23   Link #190
Hell2shin
Higurashi addict

I have voted:

Lelouch Lamperouge: Main character, smart, handsome, great voice, evil yet nice. I like those styled characters.

CC: Beautiful, mysterious, green haired. I like her clothes and her role of the story and her personality. Lelouch x CC ftw!

Woot CC and Lelouch are in the lead!
Hell2shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 02:44   Link #191
Vonmalvarius

I voted for Lelouch, C.C., Kallen, Viletta and Diethard. I'd voted for Rakshata if she was a choice.

I'm so dissapointed by the lack of Diethard's fans on this board. He is one of the most interressing supporting character. I think that he's Zero's #1 fanatic. He's actually in total adoration with Zero's rebellion. Hell, he may be even more dependant of Zero than any other black knight. He's also very smart, during episode 22 when everyone was "OMG Euphie is evil", Diethard was "OMG it's all Zero's doing and it's wonderful". By the end of the first season, he and Viletta are the only non-main characters to know that Zero has not just an epic amount of charisma, but a real supernatural power.
Vonmalvarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 05:33   Link #192
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

^^^
I won't deny that Diethard is one of the most interesting characters, but there are so many to begin with. At first, I distrusted him, thinking that he'd be the most likely person to sell out Zero in order to satisfy his insatiable desire for capturing glory or history-in-the-making on tape. But as time went on, it's clear that he's become even more enamored with Zero's ideas and sees himself as a person who can help his leader realize his vision. However, I still don't quite trust him, now that Zero seems to be out of the picture. I guess the test of whether he's a true believer is whether he takes over the Black Knights as a temporary caretaker, perhaps organizing the search and rescue effort for Zero, or simply just packs up and calls it the day.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:24   Link #193
zerron

I voted for Lelouch and CC - really great characters. I hope that in the end Lelouch won't die - I don't think he deserves it (but this is question about morality) and Suzaku is (IMHO) one of the worst characters in Code Geass, it would be stupid that in the end he becomes a hero or something.
zerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 19:10   Link #194
Amray

In Japan Lelouch won the award for best Male Anime character in 2006.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 05:28   Link #195
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Hmm, I absolutely hate Suzaku.

In my opinion he is an total hypocrite. I mean he says his aim is to reduce violence and save lives, yet he obviously have no remorse for the people he's fought with, despite knowing their legitimate reasons for fighting. Overall his antagonism against Lelouch is rather frustrating, and especially since the show portrays him as this 'heroic' figure.

Then there's his whole problem with killing his own father to obtain peace. Absolutely disgusting. Finally, he says he also aims to change Japan's status, but all we see in the show is him climbing the ladder to get higher ranks for himself. Piratically no sign of any attempt at changing anything. He's simply a traitor if you ask me. Oh ya, and the fact that he seems to be ungrateful to Zero for helping him on several occasions is quite annoying too.

It's even more plainly obvious how flawed Suzaku is in the final arc, where he goes on a rampage and attacks Zero. Where's the care for innocent lives now? Kill the guy fighting for a cause that you should have been fighting for? It seems to be that his morals only seem to apply when it was convenient for him.

Please kill him off brutally in season 2 =D

Now that I've gotten that off my chest...

Lelouch is awesome. I really enjoyed how the show emphasized some of his 'imperfections' and the more cynical sides to his personality. Being a brilliantly fast thinker and unfaltering most of the time adds to his awesomeness.

Karen is admirable too. Unwavering loyalty to the protagonist earns her 100000 awesome points =)
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 06:50   Link #196
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
Hmm, I absolutely hate Suzaku.
Then there's his whole problem with killing his own father to obtain peace. Absolutely disgusting.
Well.....Lelouch killed Clovis.....Euphemia....and he's going to kill his father.
They kill in order to achieve their objectives....I don't see much difference
In the flashback, after he hits his father with a knife, suzaku is shoked and runs towards him,because he didn’t plan to kill him (he was only a child after all)!
I mean, he didn't plan to kill him in his sleep
Lelouch was really aware of what he was doing when he killed Clovis:he was cold and calm!!!
Well, returning on topic, I love Lelouch And Suzaku
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 07:32   Link #197
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Wow there is totally a difference... Lelouch kills those that oppose him and his own declared objectives. Additionally, it's fairly obvious that Euphemia had to die after how the story progressed (not saying that she deserved to die or w/e). Plus Lelouch was badly treated and already fueled by the incentive of revenge for his mother before he decided to kill anyone.

Another thing that separates the two: Clovis was obviously not someone who respected the rights of those he oppressed; in a sense, he had a reason to die. Suzaku's father was more or less fighting for the freedom of his country. Completely different people here.

As far as the story showed, Suzaku wasn't mistreated by his father at all; basically he killed his own father because their views differed. This in itself is not so bad as the fact that his father probably had no knowledge of these strong antagonistic feelings, nor would he be willing to fight against his own son.

The way the whole thing was revealed, it looked to me like a loving and honorable father was betrayed by his son.

Seriously, I fail to see how anyone could like both Lelouch and Suzaku. Everything about them are completely opposites. Ethnicities, moralities, philosophies, strengths, personalities... The fact that they unknowingly oppose each other for the majority of the series makes it even less possible to not take a side.
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 08:42   Link #198
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
Wow there is totally a difference... Lelouch kills those that oppose him and his own declared objectives. Additionally, it's fairly obvious that Euphemia had to die after how the story progressed (not saying that she deserved to die or w/e). Plus Lelouch was badly treated and already fueled by the incentive of revenge for his mother before he decided to kill anyone.

Another thing that separates the two: Clovis was obviously not someone who respected the rights of those he oppressed; in a sense, he had a reason to die. Suzaku's father was more or less fighting for the freedom of his country. Completely different people here.

As far as the story showed, Suzaku wasn't mistreated by his father at all; basically he killed his own father because their views differed. This in itself is not so bad as the fact that his father probably had no knowledge of these strong antagonistic feelings, nor would he be willing to fight against his own son.

The way the whole thing was revealed, it looked to me like a loving and honorable father was betrayed by his son.

Seriously, I fail to see how anyone could like both Lelouch and Suzaku. Everything about them are completely opposites. Ethnicities, moralities, philosophies, strengths, personalities... The fact that they unknowingly oppose each other for the majority of the series makes it even less possible to not take a side.
to fight a war that you cannot win: isn't this a good reason to die?
where did you see the loving father?? in the flashback he slaps Suzaku hard !!
We still don't know anything about this character.... Let's not generalize:let's wait for season 2!
Well I love them both because they have both good and bad sides and I don't want to "take a side" because I think they are both wrong....but it doesn't mean I don't like them
they are pretty interesting characters^^
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 09:06   Link #199
kyrie_eleison

4th: Dalton. Dalton needs more love. Although not as pretty as Guilford, he was unwaveringly loyal to Cornelia and Euphemia, kind [he raised the knights, after all, as his sons] and self-sacrificing. He didn't deserve that ending.

3rd: Ougi. Pretty much the same reasons as Dalton, except with the added factor that, despite being in the same house as a confused, gorgeous lady, he didn't try anything funny.

2nd: C.C. Does this even need explaining? She's hot, cute, quirky, blunt, looks great in a plugsuit, can pilot a mecha while Lelouch is emo-ing in the backseat and has supernatural powers. What's not to like?

1st: SUZAKU. I adore Suzaku. To death.
Why? How could i possibly love that yellow-bellied, scum-sucking hypocrite Kira/Syaoran-rip-off whose logic doesn't make sense and who does nothing in the series but serve as a nuisance to Lulu's grand megalomaniacal schemes?

Spoiler for 4 reasons, written in long, circular sentences:

Don't get me wrong, I love Lelouch. But Lelouch's character is extremely, extremely selfish and unusually cruel -- Lelouch jeapordized the peace of the nation by accidentally hypnotizing Euphemia, killed his brother Clovis, continually kills or causes the death of a lot of soldiers on both ends of the fence, and tries to manipulate Suzaku into protecting Nunally as per his own visions of a 'perfect future'.
I love him ~ but i'm going to stand up, and admit [to the risk of being killed by the fans] that the boy is a bit off.
kyrie_eleison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 09:19   Link #200
KrimzonStriker

He's perfectly sane, hell I would wager he's more sane than any of us!! What do we commoners posses to see through the necessity of breaking the unyielding cycle of hate in this world? We see it, complain about it, but do nothing in the end and continue to contribute to it. To say Lelouch is insane is preposterous, he's just being honest unlike many of us...
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, favorite