1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-14, 16:20   Link #821
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Of course. This is one of the reasons Madoka needs the memories of the previous Madokas. She needs to know that she asked Homura to do this, and why, in order to take full responsibility for it.

It's not the only reason, but it's an important one.
She did remember "some" things about what happened before Homura went about the time loop. But it simply wasn't clear enough to give her the idea we need her to remember the most. It only seems that Homura is the only one that can tell Madoka straight-up, but Madoka currently is in a traumatized state ever since Homura shot Kyubey multiple times.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:36   Link #822
Seihai
スマイリウム

^yeah but it's an easy prediction given that "she did remember "some" things" which is clearly foreshadowing something along those lines.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:41   Link #823
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
you are forgetting that homura's mission was changed. her original goal was just to protect madoka. the additional requirement of not letting madoka become a magical girl was only added at the end of T3 by madoka's request. the current loop is only her second attempt at the new mission.
We don't actually know how many attempts she has had. I suspect it's many more than 5. If we assume the animation quality is perfect, then there has been at least 5+1 (unshown) timelines.

Rewatch episode 1, then watch episode 10. Certain scenes differ.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 16:45   Link #824
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm aware I'm biased but I don't think those differences propose another timeline nor do I believe she went through many more. If you say the animation quality is perfect, might as well add the audio quality which tells us that in episode 1 Homura never actually cried out to Madoka. Well, here's the thing. I think in episode 1 it was from Madoka's perspective, wheras in episode 10 it's from Homura's, so we have 2 slightly different variations but in the end the same scenes (plus episode 1 was a dream anyway which supports that it was the same timeline since she had to get those subconscious memories from somewhere). That wouldn't mean the animation quality isn't perfect, just that those differences offer a two-fold perspective which holds artistic value. The best example for this would be Touma's utter badassery in Railgun manga wheras in the Index anime (or manga?) he looks nothing like that, because the view points are different.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:59   Link #825
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
If you say the animation quality is perfect, might as well add the audio quality which tells us that in episode 1 Homura never actually cried out to Madoka.
I always suspected that this was deliberately cut as to leave you wondering what she was saying.

Also, early on in the thread people wondered about Mami's abilities. I always thought her binds/ribbons made sense, because she was saved from being trapped in a burning vehicle.
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 17:01   Link #826
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
She did remember "some" things about what happened before Homura went about the time loop. But it simply wasn't clear enough to give her the idea we need her to remember the most. It only seems that Homura is the only one that can tell Madoka straight-up, but Madoka currently is in a traumatized state ever since Homura shot Kyubey multiple times.
As Vanish said, the fact that she's beginning to remember something is foreshadowing that she will remember all of it. Besides, it's not the same if Homura tells her. Unless she remembers, she can't take responsibility for what she did in the others time lines. But she has to, so she needs to remember on her own.
Old 2011-03-14, 17:09   Link #827
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Going by that logic then the end of episode 8 and the start of episode 9 wouldn't be the same timeline.
Just to be clear what I'm trying to say is that those changes could just be done for reasons not involving the plot.
Old 2011-03-14, 17:25   Link #828
azanimefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rieko View Post
I came across a blog post for it a few days ago, and saw it mentioned a couple times, but not since then. Hence "rumor", and I DOUBT it will happen. There is only one place I can find mentioning it now, and it is hardly a good source by any stretch of the imagination.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/201...madoka-magica/

I wish I could find the original sources, but I don't bookmark everything I find.

That's fan made. My wife said it's from 2chan
azanimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 18:25   Link #829
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Going by that logic then the end of episode 8 and the start of episode 9 wouldn't be the same timeline.
The difference is Urobuchi specifically suggested to watch episode 1 one more time. That makes it more reasonable to assume that the differences in animation were intentional.

Not that I would assume that... if anything, it is just Shaft shafting their animation costs.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 18:45   Link #830
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
What about the mysterious cat?
Hope that Homura will not turn into a cat by then end of this
Old 2011-03-14, 19:32   Link #831
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'm aware I'm biased but I don't think those differences propose another timeline nor do I believe she went through many more. If you say the animation quality is perfect, might as well add the audio quality which tells us that in episode 1 Homura never actually cried out to Madoka. Well, here's the thing. I think in episode 1 it was from Madoka's perspective, wheras in episode 10 it's from Homura's, so we have 2 slightly different variations but in the end the same scenes (plus episode 1 was a dream anyway which supports that it was the same timeline since she had to get those subconscious memories from somewhere). That wouldn't mean the animation quality isn't perfect, just that those differences offer a two-fold perspective which holds artistic value. The best example for this would be Touma's utter badassery in Railgun manga wheras in the Index anime (or manga?) he looks nothing like that, because the view points are different.
Actually, she did cry out but the voices are muted and you can't hear what she's saying.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 22:16   Link #832
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110
Hope that Homura will not turn into a cat by then end of this
Me too . I want my Homu Homu X Madoka happy end.

Anyway I feel that cat is actually QB (after a happy conclusion of WN ).
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 23:55   Link #833
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
We don't actually know how many attempts she has had. I suspect it's many more than 5. If we assume the animation quality is perfect, then there has been at least 5+1 (unshown) timelines.

i suppose it is possible there were more loops. i haven't gotten around to rewatching episode 1.
however, that doesn't really matter for my argument since we can only judge homura's possible control over the reset time from the loops we have been shown.

as for perfect animation quality, there is already the problem with homura's bombs not always being frozen by her time stop ability that i mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 2011-03-15, 00:37   Link #834
Crontica

What the hell is this

Episode 6 Dialog:

Kyubei: Before you took up the burden of this fight, you had a wish you wanted to see fulfilled.
Hitomi: And i did make that wish come true, didn't i?

Yes i replayed it that is certainly Hitomi's voice, what wish is this? I saw nothing out of the ordinary in all the episodes i checked, alternate unseen timeline?
Old 2011-03-15, 00:44   Link #835
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
as for perfect animation quality, there is already the problem with homura's bombs not always being frozen by her time stop ability that i mentioned earlier in the thread.
I guess it is because Homura threw them herself.
Everything which she moves is not frozen even while her ability is acivated.
Please remember she struck a drum with a bar.
Old 2011-03-15, 02:35   Link #836
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
What the hell is this

Episode 6 Dialog:

Kyubei: Before you took up the burden of this fight, you had a wish you wanted to see fulfilled.

Yes i replayed it that is certainly Hitomi's voice, what wish is this? I saw nothing out of the ordinary in all the episodes i checked, alternate unseen timeline?
What's the time stamp for this?
Old 2011-03-15, 02:47   Link #837
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What's the time stamp for this?
Hmm, he's referring to the preview in ep 6 for ep 7 apparently.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 02:47   Link #838
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
What the hell is this

Episode 6 Dialog:

Those lines are both from Kyubei's. Hitomi line is after that "Can you come to terms with how you really feel" which is the title for episode 7.
Old 2011-03-15, 02:58   Link #839
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Those lines are both from Kyubei's. Hitomi line is after that "Can you come to terms with how you really feel" which is the title for episode 7.
I just checked that out.

Going by GG subs, the sub line of "And I did make that wish come true, didn't i?" only comes up after we switch to Hitomi's voice.

Now, it could be that GG didn't get up the subs for all of Kyubey's dialogue before it switched to Hitomi's voice, but I'd like to see confirmation on this if it is the case.

So, Slick_rick, are you fluent in Japanese? If so, I'll accept your correction here.
Old 2011-03-15, 03:18   Link #840
kamyu

if thats how GG did their timing then they screwed it up. you don't even have to be that fluent (if at all) to be able to recognize sentence breaks.
also, other sub groups have that part timed correctly. when looking for accuracy, gg isn't exactly the best choice anymore.

Tags
madoka magica, time travel