AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-21, 01:43   Link #21
Kokus

well honoka is simple no fighter typ ^^° but she is one of the best if you look for support.
she is (if we ignore her personality a little bit for the moment) nearlly perfect for observation (her light refraction magic) infiltration (optical coumouflage) and manipulation (evil eye) jops.
there might even be a possibility that she can use magic to gater light out of a certain area and focus it on the enemy (like a big lens) to cause terrible burns or the like.
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 13:54   Link #22
erdii

I don't know why I like this girl more than other girl. maybe the story is too dark that I want to cling to a light. actually I read spoilers about her but don't know the details. can anyone share some spoilers here if possible
Old 2014-05-22, 16:46   Link #23
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
I don't know why I like this girl more than other girl. maybe the story is too dark that I want to cling to a light. actually I read spoilers about her but don't know the details. can anyone share some spoilers here if possible
What do you want to know?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 22:32   Link #24
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
Spoiler for "for honoka"-:
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 14:24   Link #25
zerozeronine

In the Visitors arc,was she the one that used the True Evil eye?Or was it Pixie?

She's getting more screentime in the anime!
Old 2014-06-08, 14:46   Link #26
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
In the Visitors arc,was she the one that used the True Evil eye?Or was it Pixie?

She's getting more screentime in the anime!
Hmm if i remember correctly, Honoka uses an extremely powerful version of evil eye.

And pixie shoots out psychokinetic blasts out of her mouth or chest???
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 14:51   Link #27
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Hmm if i remember correctly, Honoka uses an extremely powerful version of evil eye.

And pixie shoots out psychokinetic blasts out of her mouth or chest???
So it was Honoka ,need to re-read it,but what I get from that is that it was truly the evil eye not the hypnotism that Hajime used in vol 2.

I forgot but I think it was in Pixies mouth?
Old 2014-06-08, 15:03   Link #28
Echizen777

Quote:
So it was Honoka ,need to re-read it,but what I get from that is that it was truly the evil eye not the hypnotism that Hajime used in vol 2.

I forgot but I think it was in Pixies mouth?
Evil Eye is hypnotism. But Honoka's version is way more powerful and she can use it on 4 people at once. Pixie only used psychokinesis.
Old 2014-06-22, 12:07   Link #29
nosaer

I won't claim to be a Honoka Fan, but her reactions when talking to Tatsuya in the anime to watch her events were funny lol. I especially thought her laughing when tats said he would watch her events to be cute. It was an interesting part to the episode
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:56   Link #30
zerozeronine

the anime is doing Honoka right and is finally giving her lots of screentime
Old 2014-08-23, 09:14   Link #31
pampz21
ShipCore

A taste of Honoka.....[Hot Spring Date]

A fan girl's dream come true(Just like she planned).
Its more like Tatsuya is being push by the "Eros" no Kami-sama to commit a crime.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-08-23 at 09:32.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 15:21   Link #32
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
the anime is doing Honoka right and is finally giving her lots of screentime
Yes. Honoka is displayed really well. If the animation can also show the visitor arc, it would be insane. lol. I really want to see Pixie to say about Honoka's feeling towards Tatsuya. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

A taste of Honoka.....[Hot Spring Date]

A fan girl's dream come true(Just like she planned).
Its more like Tatsuya is being push by the "Eros" no Kami-sama to commit a crime.
You know, after I watch this PV, I just realize, I can understand what they are saying.
Maybe, I watched too many animes and especially H-animes with hot spring themes......
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 14:34   Link #33
zerozeronine

After her big role in volumes 9-11 (or more appearances compared to say Mayumi) she's been getting less and less screentime in the newer volumes
Old 2014-10-14, 16:33   Link #34
Wandering Soul

Quote:
After her big role in volumes 9-11 (or more appearances compared to say Mayumi) she's been getting less and less screentime in the newer volumes
Well it's not like there is much she can do at this point.

Erika and Leo have the whole Rozen subplot going on.
Mayumi is attempting to find out about Nakura's death and what her father is up to.
Yakumo is helping Tatsuya with the traditionalists. \
Pixie is helping Tatsuya deal with the other parasites and is a personal helper.

It's a shame that Honoka isn't appearing as much anymore but she cannot really contribute much at this point.
Old 2014-10-14, 16:40   Link #35
Neo-Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Well it's not like there is much she can do at this point.

Erika and Leo have the whole Rozen subplot going on.
Mayumi is attempting to find out about Nakura's death and what her father is up to.
Yakumo is helping Tatsuya with the traditionalists. \
Pixie is helping Tatsuya deal with the other parasites and is a personal helper.

It's a shame that Honoka isn't appearing as much anymore but she cannot really contribute much at this point.
I concur. I'm disappointed because I consider Honoka and Shizuku the two closest friends the Shiba siblings have at First High.
Neo-Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 18:02   Link #36
Nicaea

I kind of want Honoka to use her element more. But the author wrote her as a support kind of person. Utilily, unlike Shizuku who still would give supportive fire.

But yeah, some characters in the group don't get much screentime due to them not being equiped to deal with what happening in the grand scheme of things.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 02:40   Link #37
Echizen777

Pixie is progressively stealing her role .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Illusions View Post
I concur. I'm disappointed because I consider Honoka and Shizuku the two closest friends the Shiba siblings have at First High.
Closest friends to both siblings? I would say they are the closest to only Miyuki.
Old 2014-10-15, 02:50   Link #38
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
You are expecting a plot for a fan girl? Being a fan girl is her whole plot. The only thing we can expect to her plot is her gene as an element but she doesnt have any high destructive power or anything. If she get brainwashed and learned destructive magic she may become a villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Illusions View Post
Honoka maybe a friend to the sibling but she isnt the closest to the siblings. Theres only one person who hold that role already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Pixie is progressively stealing her role .

Closest friends to both siblings? I would say they are the closest to only Miyuki.
I agree, Tatsuya doesnt have any use for Honoka anymore and theres no point in dragging Honoka and Shizuku. From the spoiler of vol. 14 Tatsuya ask Yakumo? To protect those two.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 20:16   Link #39
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
[...]

I agree, Tatsuya doesnt have any use for Honoka anymore and theres no point in dragging Honoka and Shizuku. From the spoiler of vol. 14 Tatsuya ask Yakumo? To protect those two.
I blame Benio for that.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 22:28   Link #40
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I blame Benio for that.
Eh, the times Honoka and Shizuku gave him help are rare to begin with. Shizuku helped when she was in the USNA, and he needed some intel. Honoka's assistance was always tied to Pixie. The only friends he's likely to rely on are Mizuki and Mikihiko, the first due to her eyes, and the second due to his field of expertise being outside Tatsuya's abilities.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote