AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 02:45   Link #41
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
It's just his true nature, or ... men nature, I dont think it lead us to love or something like that.

I agree with whsie, in fact, he set his own on Nobuna, although there are many other beautiful girls around him, his heart truly desire on Oba.

Well, but I do not deny it's an harem since he wanted to make the kingdom full of woman.
So basically, he's just like Hyuudo Issei. The only girl he truly loves romantically is Rias. As he for the rest of the girls, he loves them as friends and treats them with lust.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 03:13   Link #42
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Whsie, where does this Oba come from? Her family name should be Oda, just like the historical figure. Calling her oba sounds like calling her granny in English lol
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 04:17   Link #43
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Whsie, where does this Oba come from? Her family name should be Oda, just like the historical figure. Calling her oba sounds like calling her granny in English lol
God =.= I confused and typed the first name wrong too
Old 2012-07-19, 08:22   Link #44
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:14   Link #45
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really want to read the Light Novel now. The anime is very impressive. I don't usually ask for spoilers, but I am pretty sure there was a part in the Light Novel where Nobuna and her mother Tsuchida Gozen discuss what to do with her brother. In history Tsuchida there are many things that pointed out that she preferred Nobunaga's brother. I wonder if that is true in the Light Novel except it will be Nobuna. Just want to read that part of the Light Novel, it just interest me after reading more of Nobunaga's background.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 09:49   Link #46
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Any spoilers for vol 4? Seemed interesting
Spoiler:

Also any clear moves from the girls on the MC? V7 seemed to hint something about oda if i read correctly
Old 2012-07-19, 22:28   Link #47
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
So basically, he's just like Hyuudo Issei. The only girl he truly loves romantically is Rias. As he for the rest of the girls, he loves them as friends and treats them with lust.
Quick note:sorry about the name. Didn't pay attention. People who've seen my work know I'm atrocious with names. As for the quote above, I don't think he's quite like isse. While rias is #1 in his heart, I believe he truly loves some of the other girls too (e.g akeno). The relation isse has with the others have extended beyond friends. The mc in this series loves oda only and that's it. Yes, there are TONS of temptations, but he keeps his relationship with the others as friends. In other words, isse has a deeper and more romantic bond with the girls in Dxd compared to the mc has in this series.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:36   Link #48
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Quick note:sorry about the name. Didn't pay attention. People who've seen my work know I'm atrocious with names. As for the quote above, I don't think he's quite like isse. While rias is #1 in his heart, I believe he truly loves some of the other girls too (e.g akeno). The relation isse has with the others have extended beyond friends. The mc in this series loves oda only and that's it. Yes, there are TONS of temptations, but he keeps his relationship with the others as friends. In other words, isse has a deeper and more romantic bond with the girls in Dxd compared to the mc has in this series.
Agreed on Isseia and all you say.
While Issei does love Rias the most that does not mean he does not love the other girls. Rias is as you say #1 .
Old 2012-07-19, 23:02   Link #49
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

I saw the pics from vol 7 and vol 8. Lets just say the harem theory is true to a certain extent.

lilNewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:15   Link #50
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
I saw the pics from vol 7 and vol 8. Lets just say the harem theory is true to a certain extent.
Lol, I've read volume 6 and he has a whole cult wanting to jump his bones. Throughout it all his mind remains set on oda.
Old 2012-07-19, 23:34   Link #51
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
But the love he had for the other girls wasn't romantic either. He mostly sees them as family members, with Asia being his younger sister. It was familial love that he held for the other girls.The only girl he actually loves in the romantic sense is Rias.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-07-20 at 00:51.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:19   Link #52
deathcoy

Haha, but bottomline is its still a harem... no need to decieve yourselves...

Romance aside, since Sagara doesnt kill, does he "change", become aware that his manipulation and interference causes many deaths before his eyes, consequences etc? or the novel is mainly happy-go-lucky with no depth?

I really like the part where the dilemma, troubled thoughts Rock experienced in Black Lagoon affected him and there was a constant soul searching. The author really did a great job on Rock.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 01:34   Link #53
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Haha, but bottomline is its still a harem... no need to decieve yourselves...

Romance aside, since Sagara doesnt kill, does he "change", become aware that his manipulation and interference causes many deaths before his eyes, consequences etc? or the novel is mainly happy-go-lucky with no depth?

I really like the part where the dilemma, troubled thoughts Rock experienced in Black Lagoon affected him and there was a constant soul searching. The author really did a great job on Rock.
History doesn't change that MUCH except for a few tweaks and there, most of the major events remain the same as they were in history, and in fact, some of things that Sagara does is precisely what's leading to the Honnoji-incident. Just remember what happens in Schooldays.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:56   Link #54
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
But the love he had for the other girls wasn't romantic either. He mostly sees them as family members, with Asia being his younger sister. It was familial love that he held for the other girls.The only girl he actually loves in the romantic sense is Rias.
Well for Asia he tried to became family for her because of her past and what she wanted a friend.
And for girls like Akeno and Rias he thought they did not like him that and that there was no way he stood a chances with them. So he never tried to get in a romantic relationship or tried to develop one with them.

Now then on this
Quote:
I've read volume 6 and he has a whole cult wanting to jump his bones.
Please tell me more. If this is true then this guy has amazing will power.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-07-20 at 02:10.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:34   Link #55
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Now then on this
Please tell me more. If this is true then this guy has amazing will power.
Spoiler for Related to the cover of Volume 6:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:03   Link #56
Undertaker

Yes, that was one of the best twist in the series, right up there with Oichi and Asakura.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:24   Link #57
JohnNiles

When you said "cult" I assumed you meant religious sect like Ikko sect, but the truth is much stranger.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:42   Link #58
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
When you said "cult" I assumed you meant religious sect like Ikko sect, but the truth is much stranger.
If it was merely a religion, I would have said a religious sect. However a group that has such weird interests can only be described as a cult.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:18   Link #59
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Oh wow... I now really want to read the LN...
Old 2012-07-20, 23:25   Link #60
Undertaker

Quote:
If it was merely a religion, I would have said a religious sect. However a group that has such weird interests can only be described as a cult.
Thought it seems to be replacing the religion that was prominent in the real history.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem