Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 07:18   Link #742
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There was an announcement for season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Both of those would be interesting to see ; the OVA sounds promising.
Yep Zelda and Lotte meeting, and Mercelida and Naoya's meeting. All with perfect adaptation from the manga it seems.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:46   Link #743
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
There was an announcement for season 2?
There wasn't, unfortunately. The sales don't look particularly promising either I'm afraid, so this may end up being all we get... but you never know!
Old 2011-08-05, 14:29   Link #744
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Given that the mangaka herself bought 5 copies for the first Blu-Ray out of spite, it says something about how little interest there is for this show.

And that's kind of a shame, because I don't think the show was that bad. It was heartwarming and not as crass as people assumed it would be upon reading the synopsis.

But, I guess there are only so many shows that people could invest their money in, and this had to be one of the 'failures'.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:05   Link #745
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And that's kind of a shame, because I don't think the show was that bad. It was heartwarming and not as crass as people assumed it would be upon reading the synopsis.

But, I guess there are only so many shows that people could invest their money in, and this had to be one of the 'failures'.
I suspect the latter is probably the main issue. I think the show was actually quite good (as you say, heartwarming and not nearly as crass as people might think), and am buying the BDs myself... but the Spring 2011 anime season was quite strong, and it was really hard to pick. I personally ended up with 4 series, but I have at least 3 others on my "if I can afford it" list (and that's in addition from the shows from previous seasons that I'm already following on Blu-Ray). I don't know how many series the average Japanese collector buys each season, but I have to imagine it's not going to be too many more than I do. This is sort of a niche show within an already niche market; maybe people featured it was a decent watch, but wasn't a "must-own" unlike some of the others. Oh well... I've been enjoying rewatching the show on Blu-Ray anyway, and am looking forward to some of the gaps that will be filled in the coming OVA. Certainly isn't the first or last time I've collected shows that didn't sell as well as they "should have".
Old 2011-08-05, 16:09   Link #746
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Given that the mangaka herself bought 5 copies for the first Blu-Ray out of spite, it says something about how little interest there is for this show.
Wait, how does that work? The whole spite part, that is.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 16:12   Link #747
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, how does that work? The whole spite part, that is.
Maybe it's a "just to show you that I believe in the work, I'll put my money where my mouth is" sort of thing... like the mangaka's doing their part to support the show, so why isn't everyone else?
Old 2011-08-05, 19:42   Link #748
GDB

Makes sense, but I'd consider that good faith rather than spite.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:05   Link #749
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

There just has to be a second season, the manga has not ended yet...
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:22   Link #750
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirou Emiya View Post
There just has to be a second season, the manga has not ended yet...
Well, there are a lot of shows with a single anime season and on-going manga that goes past the end of the anime story. Shows that sell well tend to get sequels, but even that isn't a sure thing. Time will tell... I will say that the anime did basically wrap up the essential parts of what it was trying to tell, even though there is still a lot more that could be explored in the sequel if they want to (which is basically the way they write these sorts of shows -- complete enough in case that's the end, but open enough in case they decide to do more).

Like I said, fingers crossed...
Old 2011-08-06, 03:09   Link #751
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

We might have a stroke of luck if there is enough content to animate from the manga for a season 2
Old 2011-08-11, 12:55   Link #752
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Like Relentlessflame notes, very very few series get sequels. I have a whole pile of series in my collection that are just screaming for a follow-on season that they never got.
Old 2011-09-07, 19:13   Link #753
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Will CR translate the OVA?

Last edited by marcosius; 2011-09-07 at 19:34.
marcosius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 23:43   Link #754
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fairly enjoyable OVA. The first part was a bit crass, just centering on pantsu humor, but did an okay job of it. The middle part was touching, and the final part gave us some backstory we wanted, and probably some controversy. Of course, the fanservice was toned up a bit for the OVA, but was effective without going overboard. Stuck to the same lines as the series, but gave longer looks, so to speak.

I've recently seen some music videos of azusa doing the EDs, and really enjoyed them. She wrote and sang them, and is playing piano in one the videos, too. I love her voice, and she's also nice to see.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:36   Link #755
Tom Bombadil

Why is there a Grass-mud-horse in the OVA?
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 20:03   Link #756
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
WOW, loli-Queen (not really, but anyway) part was the best treat I could ever expect, extensive caps in this NSFW (and utter trash, yet hilarious) blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Fairly enjoyable OVA. The first part was a bit crass, just centering on pantsu humor, but did an okay job of it. The middle part was touching, and the final part gave us some backstory we wanted, and probably some controversy. Of course, the fanservice was toned up a bit for the OVA, but was effective without going overboard. Stuck to the same lines as the series, but gave longer looks, so to speak.

I've recently seen some music videos of azusa doing the EDs, and really enjoyed them. She wrote and sang them, and is playing piano in one the videos, too. I love her voice, and she's also nice to see.
Mate, first volume not only had a no-pan joke per chapter, even had a couple of spreads of the two lolis exploiting this feature
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 10:54   Link #757
EroKing

NSFW
Astarotte no Omocha! EX Gifs (NSFW)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dedicated to our late mangatron who died after watching this episode

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-29 at 07:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 11:35   Link #758
Miraluka
Banned

If the author/studio decides to focuse on the element of "Shota-sama being the father of Lotte's half-sister and the current relationship between shota-sama nd her mother" then, there will be enough material to pull out a second season or ovas.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 17:39   Link #759
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I really wish Naoya and the Queen can get together somehow after watching this.

And I assume Naoya was her first. Even though it was done in a dream.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:18   Link #760
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well at less Zelda got screen time in the ova and Asuha she a pervert

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen