AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-05-16, 01:45   Link #241
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
Nah I think we can pull it off....wheres your spirit?

were going back home I think guys are upset and enraged(which hopefully = a spectacular performance from all of PHX), we gotta feed off of the crowd I know they'll be loud!

I think our bench is eager to play.....they might have some tricks for the Spurs and us
I also think it's possible that they can win, but just not very likely. Spurs have done a fantastic job defending the 3 and whether the Suns can hit them is key in the next game since their low post player is out, of couse Nash and Barbosa will also have to get into the paint and make some layups. Also Diaw has been a great playmaker and rebounder this series so it hurts to lose him too, especially since he would of been Stoudimires replacement.

Here's the chance for the fitness club to come off the bench and contribute too.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 01:49   Link #242
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@ sazelyt - Well I'm saying overall if your strategy is to just shoot 3's (sometimes 1 on 5) and ignore rebounding (The most important aspect of basketball IMO) and you can't play competent interior defense it doesn't take much for your game plan to betray you...GS foul shooting (ironically what arguably costed them 2 games in this series) is what offset the horrendous rebounding differential...The ability to have countless more shots than your opponent is huge and GS never solved that problem...This off season they need to pursue a good defensive BIGMAN with size and rebounding skills who can play a decent role in their offense (alla Kurt Thomas with Phoenix)...Kevin Garnett would be a ridiculously good addition to a team like GS (and we all know he's gonna be out of Minn. soon)...Just saying...
Old 2007-05-16, 02:07   Link #243
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

bulls lives again now 3-2!!!

believe the bulls!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 13:45   Link #244
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Damn! My cable was down so no internet for me

Jeez Phoenix almost had it....we out played them for 3 and a half quarters. I can't complain it was a hard fought game, Phoenix really showed me what they had last night. I now have no doubts that we can win the series!

OH AND CAN WE SAY SHAWN MARION!!!!

LETS GO PHOENIX TAKEM OUT IN SAN ANTONIO AND FINISH THEM AT HOME WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 14:51   Link #245
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah what a surprising game, I mean even though the end result was what most expected, it was never expected to be that close.

I think if SA is going to win this series they are going to have to do it in game 6 otherwise I think the Suns will take it. Game six should be good, on one hand you have Stoudimire and Diaw coming back and you just know Stoudimire is gonna go crazy, however will all the starters be tired from playing so many minutes? And SA who I think had their worst shooting night of the year is sure to bounce back and they have homecourt. Really it's anyones game.
Old 2007-05-18, 13:15   Link #246
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Actually, what's probably going to happen to Amare tonight is he's going to come back super pumped and accidentally draw some cheap fouls, then make himself nice and acquainted with the pine, like he has been all series.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:01   Link #247
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Suns getting raped right now

its pretty much over 4 them

gds

now i go root 4 Pistons
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 23:38   Link #248
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Suns lost.

It will be interesting to see what offseason changes will be made.

Well that concludes my playoff viewing this year as thier is no one interesting enough to watch anymore. I guess it's go Cavs if I had to pick a team but they won't beat the pistons.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:45   Link #249
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Great game by my boy Manu Ginobili. Loved seeing him get back into playoff form during this series. It was actually a pretty good series as far as I'm concerned. Suns played with a lot of heart and wouldn't die even though they were down big. And I'm a little depressed that Duncan couldn't get another block to tie the record, or two to break it. Would've been the perfect addition to this series. For the conference final against the Jazz, I say Spurs in 6.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:54   Link #250
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Suns lost their balance for a short period, allowed the lead to extend, and couldn't close at the end. If they hadn't done those mistakes, it would be a very close game at the end, for a possible Suns win.

Anyway, the dirty Spurs got away. Tonight, they shouldn't leave Stern out of their prays (maybe they should start carrying charms that write "I believe Stern").

Now, onto the finals, I hope, Utah can prove to be a good opponent for the Spurs, at their home court, unlike what happened during the normal season.

For the other finals, unfortunately, Pistons will most probably win the series, because of their balance. Cavs rely too much on James, as we saw in today's game, with him out, the Cavs are lost, with him in, the Cavs are burning. And I wonder which result would receive good ratings, Utah-Cavs, Utah-Pistons, Spurs-Pistons, or Spurs-Cavs. Neither seems to be a final to watch...for people other than those teams' fans...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 00:00   Link #251
Conri

Amare was great. Leftover fatigue was definitely a factor. It's a shame we'll never really know which team was better this year... and here I didn't want any more excuses. Heh, did this series feel cursed? Nosebleed fountains () and subjective bureaucratic interference? If the situation had been completely reversed, the victory would have tasted kind of ashen.

I'm tired of curses. *looks at the Cubs*

I'm through with the NBA this year. Next year: Go Suns!
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 00:31   Link #252
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Sad Phoenix had to lose to the Spurs but it was foreseen that Spurs would obvious beat Phoenix.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:36   Link #253
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Yep Yep we lost.....it was a good series even though you'll never get "it was fair" out of me.

If theres anybody I want to see win it this year it has to be Lebron, D-wade won it last year now it's Lebrons and Carmelo's turns.
Old 2007-05-19, 13:48   Link #254
mashimaro_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Sad Phoenix had to lose to the Spurs but it was foreseen that Spurs would obvious beat Phoenix.
Suns probably would've won Game5 at home with full line up.

Spurs win Game6

Game7 advantage goes to home team (Suns).

Not so obvious.
mashimaro_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:05   Link #255
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimaro_boy View Post
Suns probably would've won Game5 at home with full line up.

Spurs win Game6

Game7 advantage goes to home team (Suns).

Not so obvious.
I'm sure 95% of the people who picked Suns to win did so on the fact that the entire world thinks Suns are so "fun to watch" and don't know shit about basketball. Anyone who watches NBA regularly knows that Spurs have the offense to keep up with Phoenix and the defense to stop them.
Old 2007-05-19, 20:11   Link #256
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I'm sure 95% of the people who picked Suns to win did so on the fact that the entire world thinks Suns are so "fun to watch" and don't know shit about basketball. Anyone who watches NBA regularly knows that Spurs have the offense to keep up with Phoenix and the defense to stop them.
Yes, and that is why they lost two times to Suns, and one being at their home court.

Also, any unbiased basketball fan would know that, the Suns, who have played amazingly well despite missing two of their key players, would have been the winner of their home game (the 5th game). And, the other key players, especially Nash, wouldn't have played a tiring game, before the key 6th game. With their momentum, they would have become the winner in the 6th game, if not the 6th then the 7th one at their home.

Now, any person who cannot see that, and try to bring the argument to who is better, would not really have a lot of information on how the series are won. Cause, according to those people, Dallas, Houston, and Warriors were to be the winners.

Sorry, you can sell your argument to your fellow Spurs fans, but that is all. By the way I am not a Suns fan, only that, I am disgusted with the way the Spurs won that series. If you are happy, then just be happy, don't make it an argument of who is the better. The winner in a fair series would be the better one, and in that series, it has "not" happened. So, we will never know the answer to that question. If Suns would have won, all the critics would start praising Suns, how they were the better team, blah blah. That is the way this world works.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 20:29   Link #257
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
So lovely how you appear only when you boring-a$$ team wins...

Stern shafted the Suns, even the Spurs know this and we now get the most boring matchups anyone could have imagined...It doesn't take a genius with great basketball IQ (which I have) to know what's entertaining to watch and what's painstakingly boring to watch (Ever seen the Showtime Lakers who were fun to watch and knew "$hit" about basketball--alla the Suns)...Watch as the people that don't know $hit about basketball show you with their remotes they don't wanna know $hit about the Utah-Spurs series and eventually the Spurs-Pistons series...They will both be all-time lows, garunteed...Cleveland's style of play sux aswell, but Lebron is all Stern and his retarded anal-retentive a$$ have left after he blew it with the Suns suspension...You'd think in the last 20 years we can go one b-ball post season without dumb controversy which is why the NBA has the least integrity in it's playoff system than all the other leagues combined...

Go Spurs!!!!!! ZzZZZZzzzZZzz (Wake me when it's over)
Old 2007-05-19, 21:16   Link #258
Master zoid pilot

Quote:
That was such a reckless comment...... Suns fans don't know shit! and offense to keep up!

Wow I'm speechless, how about we say the spurs dirty ass defense keeps the Suns offense in a range where they manage to keep up with. When our offense kicks we win big(like game 2 where we blew you guys out). Like everyone said if we had our starters game 5 would be ours, possibly 6, and surley 7.

Oh and to let you know, I a Suns fan knows more than a thing or two about basketball.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:54   Link #259
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

spurs dont have much offense as suns do

only thing that gave them edge is their superior defense and their biased refs thats all

and spurs score much is b/c suns dont have a good defense, only good defenders they have r probably Raja and Nash and they r point guards
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 13:02   Link #260
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
spurs dont have much offense as suns do

only thing that gave them edge is their superior defense and their biased refs thats all

and spurs score much is b/c suns dont have a good defense, only good defenders they have r probably Raja and Nash and they r point guards
Suns defense is much better then you give credit for and Nash a good defender He's good at taking charges thats it. Bell, Kurt Thomas, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudimire are all great defenders, James Jones isn't bad as well.

Spurs are great offensively too, it's just that they are primarily known for their defense.

Quote:
No most people picked them because they won 61 games this season and Stoudimire when he is on the floor is unstoppable. I do agree with your second comment though, it's just that your first was bullshit. Suns and Spurs were very evenly matched, Suns just got some really tough breaks which cost them big.

As easy as it is to blame the game 5 loss on the loss of two key players, I think the Suns moreso lost that game due to Coach Mike D's inability to trust anyone else on the Suns bench and play them. Suns had plenty of opportunities to win that game but everyone just ran out of gas.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-20 at 13:16.