AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 29 43.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 39.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-07, 12:02   Link #61
Death Usagi
Banned

Kill La Kill wouldn't be the same without Mako D:<
Old 2014-03-07, 12:21   Link #62
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I have an observation that may or may not support the theory it was Junketsu the one talking rather than Ryuuko.

When Ryuuko was mocking Satsuki she mentioned Satsuki's Skyscraper build insinde her mind. That's a personal memory only shared by Satsuki and Nonon literally she has no way of knowing about that. Only Junketsu could know about something like that. Weird.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-03-07, 13:18   Link #63
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I have an observation that may or may not support the theory it was Junketsu the one talking rather than Ryuuko.

When Ryuuko was mocking Satsuki she mentioned Satsuki's Skyscraper build insinde her mind. That's a personal memory only shared by Satsuki and Nonon literally she has no way of knowing about that. Only Junketsu could know about something like that. Weird.
I seem to remember that there was a time when talking about Life Fibers she said "we". I got the same feeling, that it was Junketsu speaking there.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-07, 13:33   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Although I found this episode a rehash this episode is worth it for this

Old 2014-03-07, 13:37   Link #65
Death Usagi
Banned

It is amazing Satsuki was able to evenly match Nui even without wearing a Kamui. I guess there is a reason why Nui did fear Satsuki a bit.
Old 2014-03-07, 14:17   Link #66
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Although I found this episode a rehash this episode is worth it for this

I bet if you were to show this to someone who didn't know about the series, most would believe the girl on the left was the heroic, magic girl fighting for justice while on the right we see a shameless, smug villain bent on world domination.

Satsuki-sama~
Old 2014-03-07, 14:32   Link #67
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Call me crazy but the Nui from the second has been acting differently than the first half.. In the first hall she had the "make Ryuko's life a living hell" role but it doesn't seem like that anymore.. Every action in this half makes her seem like she wants Ryuko all to herself.. Besides the subtle(not really) flirting and that yuri kiss. She says they are sisters and states they can only understand each other.. And Satsuki did ridicule Nui for never letting anyone understand her..

I don't know maybe I'm just throwing baseless claims but it just feels different.. To my viewpoint Nui wants to be with Ryuko because they're one in the same... She's been trying to get her to the "villain" side with Ragyo because that's the only people Nui cares about.. I mean she's the grand couturier since other life fibers reject her and she wouldn't be about to work with a Goku uniform.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:04   Link #68
Dark Wing

I just can't get enough of this show! It's AOTY I tell you!

Also to add to the tasteless yuri comments. It's suppose to be that way if you think about it the whole scene is meant to be disturbing and sickening because that's what these villains represent.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:03   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Or will we ever see another Satsuki x Kamui return?
What do you think Iori tagged along for?
Old 2014-03-07, 17:01   Link #70
ookamigirl

The story took another interesting turn.
Intro was very unexpected.
Never thought they would put something like that into this kind of anime.
My, my, how the tables have turned.
Situation is more than ironic.
It was awesome to see Satsuki vs Matoi.
Glad Matoi snapped out of it so soon.
Cool episode!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-03-07, 17:27   Link #71
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I bet if you were to show this to someone who didn't know about the series, most would believe the girl on the left was the heroic, magic girl fighting for justice while on the right we see a shameless, smug villain bent on world domination.

Satsuki-sama~
Sooooo true . Not that Satsuki wouldn't consider world domination imho ...

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-07, 19:02   Link #72
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Never thought they would put something like that into this kind of anime.
Yeah
Spoiler for kind of NSFW:
Old 2014-03-07, 20:22   Link #73
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

Ragyo is a successful daughter hunter, she molested all of them physically and/or mentally. Just watch the beginning of the episode, she screw up Ryuuko mind so much that she kissed Nui (much yuri).

I loved how Satsuki is always a few steps ahead. After her plan with the devas failed she created a opening for Mako and Senketsu get Ryuuko out of her "happiness". Being married to a male statue...

Really bloody when Ryuuko ripped Junketsu out of her .

Last edited by Tales; 2014-03-07 at 21:03.
Old 2014-03-07, 22:30   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Have to say that this show was amongst one of the best when it comes to the effective use of fan-services.

Including the previous bath scene, every fan services in questions (mostly includes Ragyo) serves theirs three purpose:
  1. is erotic,
  2. make the audiences feel unreal, uncomfortable and disturbing, a sense of corruption out-of-this world about the villians
  3. show the sexual dominance and establish the power structure amongst characters

We did comment about the previous bath scene, about how just in that one minute, we were showed how meek and powerless Satsuki is in front of her mother, and set up the nature of their relationship more than words could describe. Similarly, the Ryuuko x Nui kiss scene in this episode also serves the same purpose to fresh out the mindset of "evil" Ryuuko. I means we all knew that Ryuuko was brainwashed last week, but before this episode we did not know how evil she turned. And right away, that kiss showed that:
  • Evil Ryuuko is not mind-controlled puppet, she has free will and can do things out of the blue
  • Her desire was not only to serve her mother purpose, but also to set her sexual dominance on others. Yes, if left unchecked she would have turned to an version of her mother

Have to also put a few words on Nui. I means obviously Nui was amongst the most annoyed characters in KLK, and many here can't wait to see her die. But as psychopath as she seems, actually i want to fresh out her character more. We still don't know what is her purpose, her incentive to do all these crazy things. She does not seems like enjoying it herself with all those fake smile and fake comment about how fun things are. She seems not thinking too much about world dominance but mostly doing all of these for her mother bidding. This made me wondering if Nui actually was born to be fairly normal. But unlike the two sisters who was guided by their fathers in some way. Nui was raised alone by Ryago, and in attempt to win her mother affection, was turned broken by Ryago. Just rewatch ep 20 during Nui vs Ryuuko fight, and you do have to feel sorry NUI if everything she said to Ryuuko was what she felt at one point of her life. Could be some tragic stuffs ahead
Old 2014-03-07, 23:39   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandSage23 View Post
Call me crazy but the Nui from the second has been acting differently than the first half.. In the first hall she had the "make Ryuko's life a living hell" role but it doesn't seem like that anymore.. Every action in this half makes her seem like she wants Ryuko all to herself.. Besides the subtle(not really) flirting and that yuri kiss. She says they are sisters and states they can only understand each other.. And Satsuki did ridicule Nui for never letting anyone understand her..

I don't know maybe I'm just throwing baseless claims but it just feels different.. To my viewpoint Nui wants to be with Ryuko because they're one in the same... She's been trying to get her to the "villain" side with Ragyo because that's the only people Nui cares about.. I mean she's the grand couturier since other life fibers reject her and she wouldn't be about to work with a Goku uniform.
They are. Half sisters but still related through Ragyo nonetheless
Old 2014-03-07, 23:51   Link #76
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I never thought the day I see satsuki defeated was also a time when I don't want her to be beat up that badly.
Old 2014-03-08, 00:25   Link #77
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

My god ... the beginning of this episode and Ryouko's kiss

I said to myself: "This! Ryouko has joined the lesbian's clan/family"

In any case happy in the end Ryouko took over those minds !

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2014-03-08 at 02:11.
Old 2014-03-08, 01:54   Link #78
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm not disturbed by the naked bad touch scenes, I just think they're horribly stupid.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2014-03-08, 02:39   Link #79
SinsI

Ragyo and Nui say that Ryuuko and Ragyo are "the only ones" that can feel the high of being worn by Senketsu, explaining the reason Nui can't do it.

But isn't there one other girl by their side that, suspiciously, hasn't been Cover'ed?
I mean Hououmaru.
Does this mean that she _isn't_ another life fiber monster?
Old 2014-03-08, 04:02   Link #80
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Okay, I mad. I very mad.

The scene with Mako diving into Junketsu to bring Ryuuko back was terribly stupid.

They have that whole setup where Ryuuko can't be persuaded even by her best friend AND her family, and she drives the point home by "killing" Mako and Senketsu in the mental sequence. That's great, that's an interesting twist, and if I may add some may applaud, because Mako will be dead and the sacrifice redeems her completely!

Then they pop right out of Junketsu with no apparent harm whatsoever, and the whole thing turns around as a success.

Why, Trigger? What was all that for? I don't understand.
Closed Thread

Tags
blood bath