AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-18, 19:58   Link #81
DMurphy

I'm just going to echo what other people have said about the pacing being abysmal. I find Asta less annoying now, but it's tough to get through episodes because it feels like six or seven minutes worth of actual content strung out to fit a twenty minute episode.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 00:35   Link #82
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Eh, I've seen so many series where they try to rush through material to get somewhere that seeing a series slow down is almost novel.

Frankly, I didn't dislike this bit of filler. It wasn't exciting, but it did flesh out some characters that were pretty much one note in the manga, which was nice.
It would have been good, had it been placed later in the story. The show has nothing going on right now, there is no reason to treat it this way; the MCs have been set up, and that's it. They have a vague goal in mind, they grew up together and they're rivals...but it's taken a full hour just for that.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 01:18   Link #83
LevelSeven

^the anime has 51 episodes, so they can take their time showing the world and its mechanics before hypin up a arc and giving it a grand arc-climax,

imo this all feels like the general long-running shounen animes, the single difference is that the manga isnt as slow as the ones of the usual long running storys,instead its incredible fast wich causes a big difference for the pacing and people who expected a similar speed to the manga see it as incredble slow and boring,

tbh, neither bleach, naruto, one piece, toriko, FT etc had anythign incredible noteworthy in the first 5 or 6 episodes, so i didnt expect anything else
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 01:34   Link #84
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It would have been good, had it been placed later in the story. The show has nothing going on right now, there is no reason to treat it this way; the MCs have been set up, and that's it. They have a vague goal in mind, they grew up together and they're rivals...but it's taken a full hour just for that.
Honestly, I doubt they would have been able to flesh out Yuno and Asta's lives at the church later, unless it was via flashback.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 01:58   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^the anime has 51 episodes, so they can take their time showing the world and its mechanics before hypin up a arc and giving it a grand arc-climax,

imo this all feels like the general long-running shounen animes, the single difference is that the manga isnt as slow as the ones of the usual long running storys,instead its incredible fast wich causes a big difference for the pacing and people who expected a similar speed to the manga see it as incredble slow and boring,

tbh, neither bleach, naruto, one piece, toriko, FT etc had anythign incredible noteworthy in the first 5 or 6 episodes, so i didnt expect anything else
Alright, I thought this was bound for a single cour. Still, I'll let it stack a few episodes, it really is the slowest anime I've watched. Also, I beg to differ, Toriko was pretty exciting from the get-go and Fairy Tail, which has a rather similar setting and ran for quite a few years, introduced its entire guild roster in episode 2.
Old 2017-10-19, 03:37   Link #86
LevelSeven

it did?

felt like the two storys took a while to get to their points... but its been a while since i read their beginnings
Old 2017-10-20, 04:57   Link #87
moridin84
Custom User Title

It's 13 episodes according to this
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...k-clover-anime

The guys creating this anime must be REALLY confident that this is going to be a hit. To drag it out right from the get go.

It doesn't make any sense if it really is 13 episodes though.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 07:51   Link #88
DMurphy

I assume it's a bit of a My Hero Academia situation, where these first thirteen episodes are sort of a test bed to see if more episodes are worth it.

Except, you know, My Hero Academia had a basic grasp of pacing.

Old 2017-10-20, 13:46   Link #89
LevelSeven

as far as i know its 51 eps, makes sense with the pacing as well
Old 2017-10-20, 15:27   Link #90
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
as far as i know its 51 eps, makes sense with the pacing as well
Every official source I can find says thirteen. I can only find one thing that has an unconfirmed rumour that the order of episodes has been expanded to fifty-one.

But whether that rumour turns out to be true or not, more episodes is not a license to have terrible pacing.

Old 2017-10-21, 03:04   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Big fan of the manga rages at this. Seems rather legit. It brings some perspective why something that's so hyped feels so average to me.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 04:15   Link #92
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Big fan of the manga rages at this. Seems rather legit. It brings some perspective why something that's so hyped feels so average to me.
It is interesting that a manga fan has the same complaints as me, an anime-only watcher.

Maan, that Sakura Spirit character in the background was really distracting.
Old 2017-10-21, 06:01   Link #93
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Except that Asta literally starts the screaming 4 pages into chapter 1 of the manga. (The first 3 pages being a montage about the original Wizard King fight and showing prosperous kingdom thereafter.) If he's a manga fan, he would know this. That scene is taken from the manga.

The baby flashback and childhood hinting starts 11 pages into chapter 1.

It's like some people are just realizing that the character was screaming now when the source had him doing this all along.

Anyone who has complaints should just view the manga source before lodging a forum complaint.
Old 2017-10-21, 06:17   Link #94
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Except that Asta literally starts the screaming 4 pages into chapter 1 of the manga. (The first 3 pages being a montage about the original Wizard King fight and showing prosperous kingdom thereafter.) If he's a manga fan, he would know this. That scene is taken from the manga.

The baby flashback and childhood hinting starts 11 pages into chapter 1.

It's like some people are just realizing that the character was screaming now when the source had him doing this all along.

Anyone who has complaints should just view the manga source before lodging a forum complaint.
No. I'll complain as much as I like.

Anyways, characters can "shout" as much as they want in manga because you can't "hear" them.
Old 2017-10-21, 09:47   Link #95
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
THIS, SO MUCH THIS!!!!!!!

i got suprised with the screaming in the anime but reading the first chapters again i realised he was always screaming, not the biggest fan of it, but its true to the manga so i wont complain...
Old 2017-10-21, 09:51   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I agree with moridin84 though. It's different when you don't actually hear it with your ears. The animation/voice/script directors should have realised this. I remember a certain shonen anime about ninja that had a loud protagonist. That worked just fine.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:20   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I don't like how he puts blame on the voice actor. It's likely he was told to be obnoxiously loud, and he delivered.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 12:48   Link #98
Kafriel
Senior Guest

True, but he spends so much time doing it. Precious anime air time, wasted on prolonged screaming... it's a real shame.
Old 2017-10-21, 14:24   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
True, but he spends so much time doing it. Precious anime air time, wasted on prolonged screaming... it's a real shame.
I'm not saying it's not horrible (I haven't gotten past ep2, of which I skipped a lot...). I'm saying it's not the fault of the VA.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 14:42   Link #100
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oh, agreed on that. The VA's just doing his job, in fact I'd say he's doing it as well as possible, considering the terrible way the studio has decided to portray Asta's aspect of noise.

Quote:
characters can "shout" as much as they want in manga because you can't "hear" them.
Pretty much, in my mind Asta's reactions are the length of a tsukkomi. In the anime, it's permanent berserker mode ON! I still stand by what I said last week btw, the source material is very, very good for its kind, but I really don't know where the anime is heading. I'm not judging it as a whole, but assuming I knew nothing of Black Clover, I would have dropped it by this point for sheer lack of interest.

Tags
shonen