Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 01:15   Link #701
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
According to the Gray's Anatomy of Succubi book Judit was reading last episode, yes.
Whoops, sorry for the dumb question then. I've been skipping around so I actually didn't watch the previous episode b4 watching this one lol
Old 2011-06-27, 03:13   Link #702
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good final episode with lots of room for a new series in the future, if the numbers are good enough.
Spoiler for ep12:
Probably my favorite Kugyu tsundere so far. As Midonin says, this and A-Channel were two warm and fuzzy shows to see every week.

And next week, something new....
I'd kind of agree with her being my favorite Kugyu tsundere[at least atm] it's close between Lotte and Shana[and III could change this], but she was a very likable tsundere to me . Though the relationship still bothers me a bit unless Lotte learns the truth before going further with Naoya then it's fine. I do think Naoya wants to wait Lotte to be a bit older and know the truth. I felt the ending was fine though, just wish it had told Lotte the truth, and hope a second season comes from somewhere .

Anyways overall I really enjoyed this series, probably my favorite aside from Steins;gate this season. So overall I'd give it a solid 9 . A very heartwarming and relaxing series with a decent amount of drama and plot to it without being over dramatic either.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 03:25   Link #703
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 07:18   Link #704
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So , that's it ? original ending. No 2nd season i guess. Ok fun show but that's it.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 07:24   Link #705
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A so-so series, fairly enjoyable. But perhaps the best parts are around the beginning of the series. The stronger points of the series is its portrayal of sweetness and the family 'feel'. Pity that the show slumped slightly for the middle parts.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 10:13   Link #706
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Fun little series, original end since the manga is still going. But anyway, now Asuha's half sister will soon be her step-mother XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:18   Link #707
PastPrime

I was rather disappointed in the ending. I think that if they were going for an original ending it would have been better just to have Asuha go back then have Lotte go and get her. And why, when they can't hear anyone and no one can hear them at the end of one episode, can they hear each other fine in the next episode. It's almost like different people were in charge of production and they didn't talk to each other. I was enjoying the show up until then.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 13:02   Link #708
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I was rather disappointed in the ending. I think that if they were going for an original ending it would have been better just to have Asuha go back then have Lotte go and get her. And why, when they can't hear anyone and no one can hear them at the end of one episode, can they hear each other fine in the next episode. It's almost like different people were in charge of production and they didn't talk to each other. I was enjoying the show up until then.
Um they couldn't hear each other correctly in this episode either. Pay closer attention and you'll see that they are repeating certain points etc. (asuharitte scene and mom about fireflies glow dying out in a day).
Old 2011-06-27, 21:33   Link #709
chaos_animagic

And here I thought Naoya would commit... "pedophile + own child"... "love" or as they say it in the anime "Sucky Sucky".

And yea... confusing in parts of the episode.

As Naoya replyed "I love you too"

The "Too" meaning Naoya could hear Lotta (when the previous episode clearly showed they couldn't hear 100% of what the other is saying...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:34   Link #710
Midonin
Last Engage

Maybe he can lip-read.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 01:01   Link #711
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
A so-so series, fairly enjoyable. But perhaps the best parts are around the beginning of the series. The stronger points of the series is its portrayal of sweetness and the family 'feel'. Pity that the show slumped slightly for the middle parts.
My thoughts exactly. The build up in the first half of the show has been very nice and sometimes touching. In the second half though, it's become quite a let down with pretty much pointless episodes one after the other. Not a remarkable ending either. All in all, giving this series a 6,5 rounded up to 7.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:04   Link #712
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Probably because the manga was still ongoing and they had to think of something to go along with that it kinda ruined things. While they were following the manga it was going well, but then the anime original seemed a little... I don't really know how to put it. Not trying to diss on the anime original plot, it just seemed a little too forced for me.
Old 2011-06-28, 08:25   Link #713
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'll pretend the last episode didn't happen. Strangely enough, the anime's weakest episodes is the first and the last episode. >_>

Surely Naoya you know Lotte's technically your daughter, right?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 08:56   Link #714
testtesttest

A queen isn't married to Naoya, so Lotte isn't Naoya's daughter.
testtesttest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 09:35   Link #715
Gohan78
Awakened One

This series started out surprisingly strong but unfortunately it ended on a dull note.
I disliked that the creators pulled out a sudden crisis just to have it solved half an episode later. The whole "let's go out one last time even though we cannot hear each other" was lame. So was the fact that Judit didn't know that a bug of her world leaves that kind of bite mark.
I am also disappointed that the writers chose the romantic route for Lotte and Naoya. In the first part of the series Naoya's feelings for Lotte seemed more father-like. I was hoping for a reconciliation between Naoya and the queen, so that they could become an happy extended family. Oh well...
Overall I give this series a 6/10.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 10:10   Link #716
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Um they couldn't hear each other correctly in this episode either. Pay closer attention and you'll see that they are repeating certain points etc. (asuharitte scene and mom about fireflies glow dying out in a day).
I listened. Starting out I assumed they couldn't hear each other, but as the episode progressed it became obvious to me at least that they could hear each other. I would say that it was a weak and disappointing ending written by someone who wanted to assure that there was no second season. Why else show Lotte with the marks where the wings are coming in. Succubus mature rapidly once they start to mature, but her mother maturing between 10 and 11 was exceptionally early, just as her mother is seen as a nympho compared to other succubus. The manga Lotte could very well not start to mature until she is 15 or 16, or even older.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 10:25   Link #717
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by testtesttest View Post
A queen isn't married to Naoya, so Lotte isn't Naoya's daughter.
Thus meaning Naoya will be doing both Mother and Daughter in the likely future... (or actually already done the mother, and the daughter isn't far behind)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:52   Link #718
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
(or actually already done the mother, and the daughter isn't far behind)
How do you think Asuha was born? but yes Lotte is not far behind.. Maybe when Naoya did it at such a young age, it triggered his lolicon button?
Old 2011-06-28, 19:38   Link #719
Newhope

Well Lotte is going to have to lay somebody in the near future otherwise she'll die.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 21:39   Link #720
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end not a bad series. Was a bit iffy to the end with the Naoya x Lotte pairing, but still plenty to enjoy from the series overall. Had Lotte's growth as a character and the Queen getting to reunite (though rarely) with her other daughter. Besides the duo singing near the end of the series was pretty nice with laughs since Asuha's goal of avoiding wearing underwear remained strong .

I'll say 7/10. Not a bad series to watch.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen