AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 01:15   Link #261
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict88 View Post
Bi monthly means ONCE every two months... Why do you ask for that?!
Actually, bi-monthly can mean either once every 2 months or twice every month. Yeah, its pretty weird.
Old 2008-03-03, 01:23   Link #262
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just had a conversation with my friend about how if this series were to get to chapter 200, which it very well could, i'd be 29 when that came out. it depresses me to no end.

like seriously, will the internet be around then...
Old 2008-03-03, 01:26   Link #263
derelict88
Huh! Made ya read!! :D

BTW I have the full chapter 78... how do i post it?

Are we allowed to link in this forums?
Old 2008-03-03, 01:46   Link #264
derelict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Actually, bi-monthly can mean either once every 2 months or twice every month. Yeah, its pretty weird.
True but than we are posting in a forums that means it is a form of publication therefore all rules or law governing publication need apply. In text publication there is only one (1) meaning to bi-monthly or bimonthly and that is to mean Once every two months.

Cheers
Old 2008-03-03, 02:06   Link #265
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
BTW I have the full chapter 78... how do i post it?

Are we allowed to link in this forums?
No.

Its licensed.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-03-03, 02:35   Link #266
derelict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
No.

Its licensed.
thanks for the head up!
Old 2008-03-03, 02:39   Link #267
derelict88

***SPOILER***

Do not read pass this if you have not read 78 yet.

----------------

Spoiler for # 78 major spoiler:

Anyways I think Mr Yagi wanted to showcase the strength that the current 7 ghost have... and it does show how deadly they are as a team, individually and execution.

Overall excellent chapter! Damn... got to wait for another freaking month for the next installment... sigh.
Old 2008-03-03, 02:49   Link #268
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I'm suprised no one pointed this out yet, but what intrigues me most about this chapter is where Galatea and Miria know each other from. Any ideas?

Also, I thought of a nicely ironic way of the Galatea situation could be cleared up.
Clarice could return Galatea's words to Clare (after the Riful incident) to her -- "There is no way that you could have survived an awakened No.2"/ "The dead owe me no favors" type of thing. Hopefully it'd work better for her than for Galatea (who could then go back to being a nun). My guess is Galatea stays in Labona, Miata/Clarice go back to the organization (probably not entirely loyal anymore), and the gang will continue onward (find Raki, kill Pricilla, revenge against the organization.... my my my - they're going to be busy...)

Or do you guys think that Clarice is stupid/stubborn enough to try and continue hunting Galatea?

I'm looking forward to next issue's talks between Galatea, Ghosts7, Sid/Galk, Clarice/Miata - should be fun.

Oh and one more thing:
Why is no one considering that it might not be too late for Galatea to dig through a bit of rubble, find her arm and reattach it? I mean, sure - it's been 3 months for us - but only 5-10 min for them. Sound reasonable or no?

(BTW - to the person asking why they are in Rabona: It's where Clare thinks is the most likely place that Raki would go to after fleeing the North)
Old 2008-03-03, 02:55   Link #269
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Miria is number 6 .. -.-, Galatea already know her at least from her number + the fact that she spied the fab 4 back then.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-03-03, 03:01   Link #270
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Miria is number 6 .. -.-, Galatea already know her at least from her number + the fact that she spied the fab 4 back then.
Miria and Galatea never met in the manga - so how exactly does Galatea recognize her by her voice? Galatea never even said full out that she was spying on them in the Slashers Arc (and the "memorize their Youki" statement by Ermita would lead you to think that the two never met before either).
Old 2008-03-03, 03:13   Link #271
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Sigh.. Jean and Flora and Miria never met in manga either, but they recognized each other back in Pieta.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-03-03, 03:17   Link #272
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Interesting... now that you bring it up... im curious as to how galatea knew it was miria..

I'm guessing she knew her because of her orders from the org to spy on them (since the time when clare,miria, deneve, and helen fought their FIRST awakened being... remember how she was just sensing yoki from afar)... I think galatea was informed about Miria and the gangs suspiciousness.

But that still doesn't explain how she recognizes the voice... unless she sensed her yoki and matched it to the event I mentioned above... but that is highly unlikely..
Old 2008-03-03, 03:22   Link #273
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
Ok... did the english translations come out? Or are all of you guys able to read chinese/japanese text??
I read a french scan trad one... dunno if an english one is released.

Fenrir_

Quote:
I don't think Galatea went all out because it might affect her Yoki-sensing/manipulation, she does need alot of concentration to pull either off.
Well... her Yoki manipulation is quite a gimmick, not as powerful and useful than the A.B that Clare&co fought in the North. But honestly, I've never understood why people are so much in Galatea. I mean, she has good style, ever more with blind eyes and torn sister dress (too sexy ! yum !) but when it comes to fighting, she looks quite average. And now Tabitha (or Cynthia, don't remember who is who), has equivalent if not stronger yoki reading abilities.

She 'd better go on cosplaying in gentle sister taking care of cute children and let the fighting stuff to real badass asskickers like Miria (mini skirt dudes !! mini skirt !!! Omochikaaaaaaeeerrriiiiiiii !!! ).
Old 2008-03-03, 03:35   Link #274
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Well... her Yoki manipulation is quite a gimmick, not as powerful and useful than the A.B that Clare&co fought in the North. But honestly, I've never understood why people are so much in Galatea. I mean, she has good style, ever more with blind eyes and torn sister dress (too sexy ! yum !) but when it comes to fighting, she looks quite average. And now Tabitha (or Cynthia, don't remember who is who), has equivalent if not stronger yoki reading abilities.
Why we like Galatea so much?
Well, as you say, with the possible exception of Teresa, she is the most beautiful/sexy Claymore of the bunch (or do you like Ray - current #5 better? :P). Throw in a her personality and letting Clare go in the Riful Arc, and it's impossible not to like her. Kinda simple really...

I'm just happy she survived.
Old 2008-03-03, 03:37   Link #275
derelict88

Quote:
Interesting... now that you bring it up... im curious as to how galatea knew it was miria..

I'm guessing she knew her because of her orders from the org to spy on them (since the time when clare,miria, deneve, and helen fought their FIRST awakened being... remember how she was just sensing yoki from afar)... I think galatea was informed about Miria and the gangs suspiciousness.

But that still doesn't explain how she recognizes the voice... unless she sensed her yoki and matched it to the event I mentioned above... but that is highly unlikely..
The team might or might not have use yoki during the Agatha's fight. The fact remains that on eye contact somehow those sensitive enough can sense the power in them. Take for example Miata. She was able to 'see' the strength of the 7 ghost. So much that she could sense two amongst them are mighty powerful.

Well, Miria know who Galatea is since she refered to her "God Eye" Galatea if she could add anything to Tabitha's analysis. As for how Galatea know it was Miria she is talking to... same as Miata I guess, by sensing the proximity of their power in battle. Because she say and i quote " If those members are a team than you (Miria) must be their leader." before she went on in asking 'Phantom' Miria to help save the city.
Which Miria replied "Leave it to me"

Last edited by derelict88; 2008-03-03 at 03:51.
Old 2008-03-03, 03:48   Link #276
derelict88

Why alot of peep like Galatea?

Spoiler for Galatea so cute:

Look at her... so pretty and cute. Thats why. Lol
Old 2008-03-03, 03:55   Link #277
edf91

Quote:

Probably because they met before, either while in training or when they do missions. Even though most Claymores don't meet, but the longer you stay in service, the more likely you will eventually run into another Claymore. From the looks of chapter 78, it certainly seems that Galatea met Miria before, as she seems to recognize her voice - she does the same to Claire, when she cannot tell it's Claire from her youki (there is none), but recognize her when she hear Claire speak really close to her.
Old 2008-03-03, 03:59   Link #278
edf91

Quote:
***SPOILER***

Do not read pass this if you have not read 78 yet.

----------------

Spoiler for # 78 major spoiler:

Anyways I think Mr Yagi wanted to showcase the strength that the current 7 ghost have... and it does show how deadly they are as a team, individually and execution.

Overall excellent chapter! Damn... got to wait for another freaking month for the next installment... sigh.
I don't think so - Tabitha has to basically stand still to sense it while Galatea pretty much know about it when she engage Agatha (she warn the guards on attacking her "body"). Galatea is living up to her name as the "Eye of God" while Tabitha is certainly showing off her sensing ability, although whether she can do it while fighting, or at least stay guard while doing it, is another question. We already know that compare to Teresa, Tabitha and Galatea's style of youki sensing is more "precise" and long range, while Claire/Teresa is more adept in sensing attacks at close range.
Old 2008-03-03, 05:04   Link #279
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Well it seems Tabitha is pretty freakishly more powerful than Galatea is sensing yoki. She was able to pin-point the exact location of Agatha's actual body and weaknesses. Cool ass!!
First of all, no need for spoiler tags here. It's THE thread for discussing this chapter
Second, No she isn't. At least we don't have enough info to conclude that. Galatea was asked to confirm Tabitha's findings; a sign that Miria trusts Galatea's judgment (not necessarily more than Tabitha's tho).

So far, all Tabitha's sensing was done with closed eyes (not saying that she can't fight while doing it tho) unlike Galatea who did it in the Slashers arc quite easily. Galatea was able to sense emotions and mental status from that far away with ease and confidence. Tabitha's only incident where she was sensing from far way was in the encounter with Riful where all her comments were with probabilities and uncertainties phrases and expressions (probably, maybe, etc). So actually, I believe Galatea is still superior in this field so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simley View Post
yeah...there is no way Clare is anywhere close to Teresa in terms of power. Maybe it's my fanboyism coming into play, but I still feel like Clare has a long way to go before she can be close to Teresa.
As much as I'd want to believe so (being a Teresa fanboy as well), but the similarity of the pose and the way the finishing blow was dealt is WAY TOO similar to that of Teresa against Rosemary to be a coincidence. I think it's a hint that Clare is on the right path to reaching there and quite frankly I have no objection on that
Old 2008-03-03, 05:30   Link #280
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

I still think Galatea would've levelled Agatha with the ground had the battle taken place outside the city where there were no civilians, and no Miata. She can power up faster than any warrior; that gives her tons of advantages if she's aiming for a quick victory.

Oh man, I just can't wait untill Fenrir or VR comment on your infidelity. Tabitha? being better than Gal in yoki sensing? I don't care how impressive the ghost 7 are; that's just cuz Yagi loves them so much! Even Yuma kicked ass in this fight, so?
Closed Thread