081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-28, 13:59   Link #1081
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Full Metal Panic crosses over into Super Robot nonsense too though...
I thought about that, and its true from time to time, but only on very rare occasions (mostly because of Espers).

AND, it still makes me laugh, so...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 18:11   Link #1082
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
At least most grunts in Gundams are still real robot.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:05   Link #1083
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
At least most grunts in Gundams are still real robot.
Grunts from 00 are some of my favorites, and I have a collection of kits for them. Others include grunts from Wing and Gundam Seed Destiny.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:30   Link #1084
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

00 and Wing had the best grunts.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:49   Link #1085
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
00 and Wing had the best grunts.
Though for some odd reason, I love the ZAKUs from Gundam SEED Destiny. They have such a WAGHHHH quality to them

The Murasame weren't half bad themselves either. Although I tend to agree that 00 had the best Grunts (so good that they almost stole the shine from Gundams), followed by Wing.

- Tak

Old 2011-04-29, 14:53   Link #1086
LaSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
These happy days are yours and miiiiine!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...8GUNDAM+GUY%29
YES! Finally! Thank you for posting this wonderful news can't wait to play this in my PS3.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 16:44   Link #1087
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Even better news, if you have a Blu-Ray player that is.

Release date confirmed!

I wish they used a different cover art though...
Old 2011-05-07, 16:55   Link #1088
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSean View Post
YES! Finally! Thank you for posting this wonderful news can't wait to play this in my PS3.
I heard that playing Blu-Ray on PS3 consumes 5 times more electricity than playing a Blu-Ray on a normal Blu-Ray player.

I have no other choice though since I only have a PS3 and not regular one.*sigh*
Old 2011-05-07, 18:15   Link #1089
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Correction: Good news for everyone!

Regular DVD release confirmed.

At least this cover art is better than the Japanese version.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:01   Link #1090
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Seems like the same art for me.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:05   Link #1091
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Seems like the same art for me.
The English cover arts are the same, yes. I was saying that the English version regular DVD cover was a vast improvement over the Japanese version.
Old 2011-05-08, 18:35   Link #1092
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Oh, I've always thought they used the current English one for the Japanese one too.
Old 2011-05-18, 14:58   Link #1093
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
00 isn't among my favorite shows but I still gave this movie a try. I don't want to troll but I was bored to breakdown. I wanted to fast forward half of the movie cuz' everything was flat to me. Well, not liking the main cast in the first place had something to do with it, but this movie seriously lacked story to draw me in. Putting aliens in Gundam show also didn't help out, it was more of a WTF scenario. I rarely say this but producers wasted awesome animation on this. I'll be fair and rate this show avarage.

Oh, and this is MY opinion so don't quite me with stuff like '' You're wrong!'' and bringing out some facts on the table to prove that I have false thoughts. Or something.... *yawn*

Edit: Gundam fanboy, your rep down was obvious and it didn't reduce my stat at all. Too bad.

Last edited by Crimrui; 2011-05-19 at 03:50.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 15:08   Link #1094
JC...
I am a Pie

For me, I think 00 was going more and more down hill - or at least departing from its original intentions in Season 1 - so I was not thinking positively of the 'gimmicky' designs and beam-spam-cenntric stuff either.

The ELS were a clever design as an alien, but there was nothing more to do with them than beam spam at them and watch them assimilate things. I would've prefferred an Innovator War scenario.

Had 00 kept on track with Season 1 (Although yes, introduce a bit more action without going over the top like the second half of season two) I may have looked more favourably on it.

But if I switch my mind off, it's a decent movie.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 17:11   Link #1095
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
For me, I think 00 was going more and more down hill - or at least departing from its original intentions in Season 1 - so I was not thinking positively of the 'gimmicky' designs and beam-spam-cenntric stuff either.
Personally, I've always thought the premise of 00 was too ambitious for its own good, if not bordering the ridiculous. It also did not help when the series took itself too seriously.

When the Celestial Being marveled at the aggression of a united world military towards them, I can only ponder as to why nobody in the organization ever had an eureka moment and thought hmm, maybe this is what happens if we piss everyone off...

Season II was a remedy of sorts, and an attempt to salvage what transpired in Season I. It wasn't perfect, but I thought it got the job done for the upcoming dialogue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
The ELS were a clever design as an alien, but there was nothing more to do with them than beam spam at them and watch them assimilate things. I would've prefferred an Innovator War scenario.
I agree somewhat, especially with the dialogue being as hyped as they were.

BUT...

The ELS worked in some form. First and foremost, the ELS indirectly enabled possibly the best last stand in a Gundam series. Although insufficient to overcome the ELS menace, the movie did give us a good presentation of the combined might of humanity. Second, all participants had little doubt as to what their duties entail. Everyone faced the same struggles, even the meisters, and none were saved by the grace of Deus Ex Machina, which was relatively prevalent in the TV series. It was do or die, in a very desperate situation that accepted only the utmost potential of each individual pilot.

It was beautiful.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-18, 17:53   Link #1096
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
When the Celestial Being marveled at the aggression of a united world military towards them, I can only ponder as to why nobody in the organization ever had an eureka moment and thought hmm, maybe this is what happens if we piss everyone off...

- Tak
They know that. What they didn't expect was someone stabbing them from the back, and that is something they should have anticipated from the start.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 18:22   Link #1097
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
They know that. What they didn't expect was someone stabbing them from the back, and that is something they should have anticipated from the start.
Actually, even if Laguna Harvey did not turn traitor, I highly doubt his actions would have prevented the world from forming a united front against the Celestial Being.

Personally, I think the Celestial Being started out on very shaky political grounds, and this was not remedied by the time they were done.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-18, 18:23   Link #1098
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Well, the Thrones didn't exactly help.
Old 2011-05-18, 18:28   Link #1099
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well, the Thrones didn't exactly help.
Definitely not. The psyco-trio made an already bad situation worse, and clearly exposed the conflicting hierarchy of the Celestial Being, which was undermanned to begin with.

- Tak

Old 2011-05-18, 18:41   Link #1100
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Actually, even if Laguna Harvey did not turn traitor, I highly doubt his actions would have prevented the world from forming a united front against the Celestial Being.
That's not what I am arguing against.

The plan that they piss off the world and make them unite is what they wanted in the first place. But them being screwed over by one of their own, they didn't expect that.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote