AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-01, 01:08   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 723 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

And that time of week is here once again, folks! Credit goes to Redon from AP forums for this rather brief summary:

Quote:
Law escapes from Fujitora's gravitational jail and kidnaps Caesar again. Dolfamingo follows them. At this moment Thousand Sunny is near Green Bit. Dolfamingo changes his mind and runs toward Thousand Sunny. Finally Sanji appears and attacks Dolfamingo before he attacks Thousand Sunny.

Well now, seems like a pretty action-oriented chapter this time around! Nice to know that Law at least had enough energy to escape from the admiral/warlord combo. But as far as Sanji vs. Dofla goes..... well, that seems like kind of a random match-up to me. But hey, at least Sanji is one of the monster trio, so let's see how well he fares against such an opponent (I feel this match is going to be pretty brief, but it could still be interesting while it lasts).....
Old 2013-10-01, 01:43   Link #2
JonSnow

I got a feeling that Sanji's going to be the new hostage. LMAO!
Old 2013-10-01, 01:46   Link #3
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Then he gets Violet
Sanji: FFFUU
Old 2013-10-01, 01:50   Link #4
marvelB

Still, I have mixed feelings about this.... On one hand, I'm actually kinda interested in seeing Sanji get another serious fight after so long (even if it means he basically becomes a guinea pig to show off Dofla's DF power). But there's a bigger part of me that dreads the incoming tsunami of power level debates that are guaranteed to come once the chapter's released.....

Edit: So there's a Chinese spoiler summary of the chapter out. I dunno if it's been confirmed to be legit yet, but if it is, then it looks like Dofla tells Law that he used to be a world noble, but isn't one anymore. That would most certainly explain how he has such high connections within the WG, yet the personnel don't think so highly of him.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-10-01 at 02:01.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:05   Link #5
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Finally we got to see how far Sanji's black leg got, if I'm right, Sanji will be a pretty tough opponent to Doflamingo, likely to be a draw here if they fight, likely to be a brief fight, however we don't know the fighting power extent of both fighters so it's hard to say anything really.
Old 2013-10-01, 04:11   Link #6
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, I have mixed feelings about this.... On one hand, I'm actually kinda interested in seeing Sanji get another serious fight after so long (even if it means he basically becomes a guinea pig to show off Dofla's DF power). But there's a bigger part of me that dreads the incoming tsunami of power level debates that are guaranteed to come once the chapter's released.....

Edit: So there's a Chinese spoiler summary of the chapter out. I dunno if it's been confirmed to be legit yet, but if it is, then it looks like Dofla tells Law that he used to be a world noble, but isn't one anymore. That would most certainly explain how he has such high connections within the WG, yet the personnel don't think so highly of him.....
But isn't that pretty much confirmed last chapter already, being a direct descendant of one of the 19 Kings, Dofla is a World Noble by default.

Though if it is true, that something happened that caused him to get casted out (which might be why he decided to take back his kingdom), then that certainly adds another wrinkle on what exactly is going on and the power-structure of Wold Noble.

That said, the position and power of Nefertari family does seem interesting with last year's revelation. It also explained why Marine seem to take a more reserved approach during the Alabasta Arc by not interfering until they are sure something is up and then easily get blocked outside of palace/sea space after the event. At first I thought is was just how the things work but they since then pretty much does what they pleased.

In addition WG was supposedly consisted of over 120 nations but in the past Reverie there seem to be much fewer nation then that not to mention Cobra seem to have a pretty big influence in that council....

Speaking of this, last chapter also sort of establish the class in OP world. You have Tenryuubito, The World Noble at the top, the the "Royal Families" that replaced them back at their origin Kingdom, then the regular "Nobles" and finally peasants.

So I guess it might to save to say other then Dressrosa and Alabasta, you can also count Gao and perhaps even Drum among the 20 nations...
Old 2013-10-01, 06:29   Link #7
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Law escapes from Fujitora's gravitational jail
DC's Green Lantern was the first thing came to my mind.

Anyway, I hope this will be a nice opportunity for Sanji to get close to Zoro and Luffy danger level. Surely he is accepted as weakest of monster trio but if he destroys Doflamingo here, scales will change and things will be more interesting.
After all Luffy and Zoro took their chances on Crocodile, Moria and Kuma on a personal level. Sanji was the only one still hanging with medium level subordinates and him taking down Doflamingo, sounds real good to me.
Old 2013-10-01, 08:59   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

sanji had trouble with vergo... almost broke his leg... and we think he can fight dofla who vergo follows??
Old 2013-10-01, 09:05   Link #9
shalala

I wonder if his battle with Vergo will show their results as he did damage his leg.
Old 2013-10-01, 09:48   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

Anyway, I hope this will be a nice opportunity for Sanji to get close to Zoro and Luffy danger level. Surely he is accepted as weakest of monster trio but if he destroys Doflamingo here, scales will change and things will be more interesting.
After all Luffy and Zoro took their chances on Crocodile, Moria and Kuma on a personal level. Sanji was the only one still hanging with medium level subordinates and him taking down Doflamingo, sounds real good to me.
There is no way Sanji is going to take down Doflamingo all by himself. None whatsoever. I think he'll up up a decent fight though.
Old 2013-10-01, 12:36   Link #11
Rainbowman

My words can't describe how intense this chapter is. One thing's for sure, I really look forward to Fujitora's color scheme (which would be purple hopefully).
Old 2013-10-01, 18:20   Link #12
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

Imo there is an extremely low chance that Sanji will ever be as strong Luffy or Zoro. Sanji's role is a cook. His dream is to find the hidden sea with all those yummy fishies not to become the strongest ever was. If Sanji wants to be as strong ( or at least close in terms of power) he would need a Devil fruit power (Maybe Mera Mera? It would fit him well).

On other hand Luffy's dream is to become the pirate king and "defeat" all yonokos ( become stronger than a yonko) and Zoro wants to be the strongest Swordsman in the world. Sanji on other hand doesn't want to be none of that.

It wouldn't even (imo) make sense for Sanji to be as strong as those 2. I am going to think that we might even have a Strawhat or two that is stronger than Sanji join the crew in future.

Is Sanji a bad ass epic awesome, ... character? HELL YES, but ...
He is not going to be as strong as the other two.

As for his fight vs Doflamingo, If not interrupted, He is going to put up an epic fight (struggle) against doflamingo. Maybe he could even be captured. Maybe Law will interfere and then Law gets captured instead of him. Imo some one will get captured and sent to impel down. I could see Sanji getting captured too. Bon chan is at impel down and their reunion would make sense ( and probably really funny). They also have Iva in common too. They are like exact opposites in many ways but at the same time respect each other.
Maybe Law and Luffy will get in an argument in regard to saving Sanji or not ( or maybe they won't *_* ).

Next few chapter sure going to be interesting
Old 2013-10-01, 19:02   Link #13
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

They might go back to impel down only after they finish their trajectory on the new world which is after luffy is recognized as a pirate king, laboom will also be reunited after the end of that road, I don't think oda will let somebody be captured and sent to impel down, even if somebody would then don't think oda will be going back to impel down anytime soon.

On a sidenote, Sanji becomes stronger than he is while fighting to protect a woman, if the woman is Nami then he could easily become 10x stronger, his crush for Nami is far greater than any other woman in the storyline but we have yet to see how it turns out to.
Old 2013-10-01, 19:40   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
On a sidenote, Sanji becomes stronger than he is while fighting to protect a woman, if the woman is Nami then he could easily become 10x stronger, his crush for Nami is far greater than any other woman in the storyline but we have yet to see how it turns out to.

Now how's THIS for a twist: Dofla manages to take control of Sanji with his string powers and forces him to attack his beloved Nami!? Oh, the HORROR of it all!
Old 2013-10-01, 20:07   Link #15
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Quote:
Now how's THIS for a twist: Dofla manages to take control of Sanji with his string powers and forces him to attack his beloved Nami!? Oh, the HORROR of it all!
I wonder if that will work on Sanji and if it does then certainly somebody will prevent the worse to happen, wonder who will be the one to.
Old 2013-10-02, 00:36   Link #16
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
It wouldn't even (imo) make sense for Sanji to be as strong as those 2. I am going to think that we might even have a Strawhat or two that is stronger than Sanji join the crew in future.
Yes it totally makes sense to break up the Monster Trio, who've been together since the start of the series for absolutely no reason at all.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:05   Link #17
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
They might go back to impel down only after they finish their trajectory on the new world which is after luffy is recognized as a pirate king, laboom will also be reunited after the end of that road, I don't think oda will let somebody be captured and sent to impel down, even if somebody would then don't think oda will be going back to impel down anytime soon.

If luffy realized Bon chan is there, he would take a detour there now. That alone would be enough for him.
Old 2013-10-02, 03:41   Link #18
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
Quote:
I think that such a scenario might be the case where Dofla's puppeteer powers fail for the first time.
Old 2013-10-02, 05:35   Link #19
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
I think that such a scenario might be the case where Dofla's puppeteer powers fail for the first time.
If it's fail it would be with someone help not sanji alone. We've seen even Jozu get attached to the power easily.
Old 2013-10-02, 09:01   Link #20
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Not happening. Like paradox13 said, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever given how the monster trio has been maintained since its inception in the story. Sanji is and always will be amongst the top 3 strongest in the crew. Oda's not going to deviate from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
If it's fail it would be with someone help not sanji alone. We've seen even Jozu get attached to the power easily.
A Jozu whose attention was focused on Crocodile. He got "stopped" (not controlled like Doflamingo's previous victims, but merely restrained) from behind, and was thus caught off-guard. This isn't concrete evidence Doflamingo's puppeteering works all the time.