AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 18:17   Link #21
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Well Rock is not what his name implies, he more of a talker not someone who pulls the trigger like Revy fot what i've seen in the first season.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 18:32   Link #22
AdzPearson
Pepsiholic

I thought the first series was great. Plenty of action and some nice dark humour. If the second series is more of the same, I'll have no complaints. Would be nice if there's some surprises, though.
AdzPearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:04   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
So, is Rock the main character or Levi? I was reading some plot summaries but didn't really get that many clues about that. And from the plot summaries, I read that Rokuro is a "businessman," and does that mean he's basically a skillless fighter (pussy)? Anime that centers around people who can't fight doesn't fit my barbaric expectations.
youll really need to watch it to get the feeling...reading summeries is just plain boring -.-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 22:31   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd say check out any series instead of summaries - but with Black Lagoon, trust me, you'll never get the same feeling - just watch the god damn series. ^^;
Old 2006-09-15, 23:52   Link #25
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
So, is Rock the main character or Levi? I was reading some plot summaries but didn't really get that many clues about that. And from the plot summaries, I read that Rokuro is a "businessman," and does that mean he's basically a skillless fighter (pussy)? Anime that centers around people who can't fight doesn't fit my barbaric expectations.
Not really...Rock isnt Gun happy, But hes definitly not afraid either of violence. He more of the incridible preceptive person who use logic to get threw everything. Watch the first two episodes to get a feel of him
Old 2006-09-16, 12:24   Link #26
Lotiman

What a relieved! I thought it going to be continue next year. Luckily it will continue next month.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 12:32   Link #27
Entropy
Flame warrior

Awesomesauce!
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 15:34   Link #28
Pastel
For the Future

Quote:
Don't read a summary. Watch it, then come back and try to say Rock is a pussy. (It won't happen)
Pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 19:30   Link #29
gencbiba

Yea, I did watch it... I guess you can't say he is a pussy but he sure isn't a ruffian like the others. I think the second season would get more interesting if he develops some fighting skills. Also, I'm looking forward to Levi's (or Revi's), and Rock's relationship development. I hope they get closer in the second season.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 20:36   Link #30
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Rock definitively proved he wasn't a wuss during the Roberta arc.
Old 2006-09-16, 20:49   Link #31
monir
cho~ kakkoii

And the answer that follows:

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 02:20   Link #32
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Yea, I did watch it... I guess you can't say he is a pussy but he sure isn't a ruffian like the others. I think the second season would get more interesting if he develops some fighting skills. Also, I'm looking forward to Levi's (or Revi's), and Rock's relationship development. I hope they get closer in the second season.
Rock developing fighting skills? Nah, I doubt it. He could at least learn how to hold a gun though.

I see him as more of a guy who's more brains than brawn, so if he's ever going to improve on one area it'll probably be on handling certain situations through a more delicate and less violent manner. Negotiation and logistics seem to be his areas. And who knows? Maybe one day, he'll be sharing the spot with Dutch when it comes to making up strategies of some sort.

Leave the shooting to Dutch and Revi, and the rest to Benny and Rock.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 06:54   Link #33
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well - he did come up with the plan to deal with the gunships. It's not like he's worthless in a fight or lacks determination or anything, he just doesn't have years working with firearms like Revy and Dutch do.
Old 2006-09-17, 08:50   Link #34
kujoe
from head to heel

That was my point earlier when I said more brains than brawn. So far he's more of the gutsy guy who could come up with a good plan, rather than go rambo all out. It'll take years for Rock to get to where Dutch and Revi are, and that's if he can even bring himself to kill a person. Who knows?

I actually found it interesting when Revi asked Rock what the strategy was when they were running away from those rebels in episode 12. It kind of makes you wonder if she seriously sees Rock as that sort of person or if she just ran out of ideas of her own. Maybe both.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 17:31   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
We all have our shrine for goddesses such as Roberta-san whom we try to appease through our daily ritual of good deed, lest the goddess wouldn't bless us with grenades-dropping from a mere shake of her skirt. T1000 has nothing on her.

That said, I'm very ready for some more romance in the up and coming season, the Black Lagoon kind.

Smoking isn't cool.

Wrong smoking is cool if you do it with Revy i will agree that was one of the hottest scenes in anime ever. Just finished watching the trailer for Second Barrage damn this rocks my violent side is already awakening. Those two twins look like some serious players. I hope to see more RevyXRock time with a little romance thrown in. I dont know if Rock could handle Revy shes might be just as wild in bed as she is in a gun fight

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-09-17 at 17:42.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 19:14   Link #36
Pastel
For the Future

I don't think the Black Lagoon could get through the stress from the kind of job they have without smoking.
Pastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 20:18   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

An update on the release date: as it seems it will be airing on October 3rd. The previous date for expected release listed in Moonphase was October 1st.

Yeap, two more days of excruciating waiting for more relentless violence.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 05:39   Link #38
NeoSam

I'll be adding the available covers of the manga in this post:

BLACK LAGOON
ブラック・ラグーン

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Sunday Gene-X (Sunday GX).
For now there are 5 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Action

BLACK LAGOON is a seinen manga/anime.
Old 2006-09-25, 05:51   Link #39
Bloodseeker

Those are some stylish covers.

I never got around to watching the first season of Black Lagoon (too focused on My-HiME, FMPF, TMoHS, F/SN, and the Cartoon Network anime; I don't like to follow too many series at once), though as a fan of action shows, its pretty high on my to-watch list, right behind Nanoha A's.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 19:01   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ohh i like the pic for the chinese(?) girl she was soo funny in the first season...too bad she didnt get much screen time...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen