AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-22, 14:34   Link #861
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

The page with Mogamett and his magicians really give me a "desperate act" vibe. Even with all their boast, I still don't think Magnoshutatt have much chance against both Kou and Laem.

And Alibaba kinda disappointed me. I mean after 6 months training and he still have that skinny look ?? IMO, he should have more muscles ( kinda like Mu ). And the half blood Fanalis really lack strength compared to pure blood Fanalis.
Old 2012-12-22, 14:36   Link #862
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Alibaba looks badass with scars on his arm. He looks older, which is great. It's been almost what, 20+ chapters since I have seen him?

What's up with the earring? I am not sure, because it's been so long since I read previous chapters, but does that earring mean that he manages to obtain second djinn?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-12-22 at 14:55. Reason: haha, error
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:41   Link #863
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well it been almost a year since the seperated.

hoping next chapter they will explain how alibaba train. War chapter is nice. but i think it's bit early

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:44   Link #864
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Aladdin looks badass with scars on his arm. He looks older, which is great. It's been almost what, 20+ chapters since I have seen him?

What's up with the earring? I am not sure, because it's been so long since I read previous chapters, but does that earring mean that he manages to obtain second djinn?
23 chapters to be exact ( Not including this chapter ). Sphintus even lampshaded it in chapter 164 when Aladdin talked about Alibaba: "Oh, you're talking about that "mysterious Alibaba" again ?"
Old 2012-12-22, 14:47   Link #865
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Aladdin looks badass with scars on his arm. He looks older, which is great. It's been almost what, 20+ chapters since I have seen him?

It's Alibaba.
Those earrings are Kashim's I think, he inherited them along with Kashim's magoi.

As spoilers said, half Fanalis don't seem to posses the strength as pure bloods do, but are they still physically stronger than normal humans?

I hope Alibaba has thought this through, he's going on a Laem warship to invade Hogwarts, and the relaxed atmosphere around him doesn't indicate that he's fighting as well. I hope he doesn't think Hogwarts will welcome him with open arms.

I think Dumbledore will force some Gois to become transform into Dark Djinns controlled by Magicians, don't think they'd teach them Djinn Equip, but we'll see.
Old 2012-12-22, 14:49   Link #866
Lummie

The art scene is pretty quick

Spoiler for Alibaba:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 14:55   Link #867
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
It's Alibaba.
Those earrings are Kashim's I think, he inherited them along with Kashim's magoi.
Haha, thanks! Silly me.

Oh yeah, I remember now. It's where Kassim's magoi is stored until it fused with Alibaba's.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:13   Link #868
ellifeedn
Thinker

One thing that stood out to me was in the two page spread, and I quote:

Quote:
THE WAR BEGINS! DON'T TURN YOUR EYES AWAY FOR EVEN A WEEK!

THIS IS THE MOST MAJESTIC SHONEN MANGA IN HISTORY ABOUT SWORDS, MAGIC, AND SUPERPOWERS!

What do you guys think?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:17   Link #869
Lummie

A bit off-topic but for those interested, check the comics posted in the anime section of Magi:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1241
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 16:03   Link #870
Kazu-kun

Alibaba looks badass as hell. I want to see him fight!
Old 2012-12-22, 19:16   Link #871
Key Board
Carbon

Can we expect Morgiana to be there too eventually?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:55   Link #872
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, no need for spoiler tags now that the chapter's out!

Y'know, I wonder if the whole half/pure-blood Fanalis thing could also contribute to the Harry Potter comparison? I mean, it's even the "mudbloods" who seem to be discriminated against here.....

Anyways, a three-way war is approaching! I definitely can't wait for this upcoming clash! I also agree that Dumblemort's speech this chapter seemed to imply that he was beginning to curse his fate. I can most definitely see him transforming into a wrathful demigod by the war's climax, along with Titus (who already revealed signs of a transformation a couple chapters back).....

And of course, I can't wait to see the new, improved Alibaba in action! I'd think that wounding Mu in a fight is a clear indicator of how much stronger he became (even if he's a halfbreed, Mu's obviously still a powerful dude, being a dungeon conqueror and all). But seeing as Kou is getting involved as well, I'm sort of wondering if this means that people like Hakuryuu and Kougyoku will be a part of this war, as well. That would definitely complicate things further for the protagonists, I think.....
I don't think Mu army would discriminate against him or his sister seeing how loyal they are to him and how concerned they where when he was sent flying. I do think he could well be on par with a full blood Fanalis when he is full Djinn equip. But to other pureblood fanalis they could well discriminate against him and other like him.

I would agree that Titus would be the one to curse his fate. Seeing how A. That look he gave to Aladdin, B. the battle for the 3 way war will be in Hogwatts so allot of his fellow friends will die. C. No one will be able to heal Marga due to the war, D. She will die in the war and that would tip him to go to the dark side.

Plus you can bet that Al Sarmen will be there. I do hope there will be more fully looking bankers. Alsooo you forgot about Hakuei with Aladdin's family the Kouga clan. How will that effect Aladdin if he sees his family go to war. I'm sure that would hurt old lady Baba.

I really want a time back 6ish months in the past to see Alibaba training and what he got up too. Any one else wonder if Toto will fall for him as her type of man would be Kassim (based on the short comics) and seeing how Alibaba has Kassim in him he could well pick up on some of his personality but not the smoking part. Also I really want to see Alibaba's fight with Mu seeing how they are both sword's men and both have Djinns. I'm sure they battle would be aweeesomee. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Just like in game, hybrid class players always have more variety in skills than those pure - 1 - class players. Most of the time, hybrid are better when it comes to 1vs1 and looking back, Mu is Laem's best swordman just prove my point ^^.

Half-blood Fanalis probably have more magoi than pure blood Fanalis to make up for the lack of raw strength.
Plus he is a dungeon capturer so that could pretty much say he has more magoi then a full blood fanalis. I wonder who would win if Mu and Sharrk had a sword battle? No Djinns just pure swordsmanship.

[ QUOTE=MUAHAHAHAHAHA;4485727]Alibaba looks badass with scars on his arm. He looks older, which is great. It's been almost what, 20+ chapters since I have seen him?

What's up with the earring? I am not sure, because it's been so long since I read previous chapters, but does that earring mean that he manages to obtain second djinn?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he was playing Chinese burns with his pet Gorilla thus he only has burns on one arm XD

OMG do you all know what this means. JUDAL vs ALADDIN round 2 AND Judal vs Lady Magi vs Aladdin round 1 three way battle royal Magi fight. Think of all the pew pew lasers that will be flying around them 3.

I wonder if most of the magoi that was drained from lv 5 was going into the storage place and this power that Rukh teacher was on about was a Dark Djinn that could be controlled? I would really want to see a magician dungeon capturer.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 21:12   Link #873
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Can we expect Morgiana to be there too eventually?
Her story's a lot more... "out of the way" compared to Alibaba and Aladdin's... There's a better chance of Hakuryuu popping up there instead of Mor at this point.

Unless of course, Mor somehow backtracks from crossing the rift, and decided to attempt to find another location with a sufficient Fanalis population.

Or if suddenly, a crack in time-space opens during the Laem/Magnoshatt war, pouring out an army of pure-blood Fanalis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I do think he could well be on par with a full blood Fanalis when he is full Djinn equip.
I think that's stretching it... Just because Mu doesn't have the bonus STR and possibly VIT of a [Pureblood Fanalis] doesn't necessarily mean he's handicapped by it in actual combat, especially when he clearly has a higher DEX, INT and MAG than the rest of his Fanalis brethens.

Besides, if it took a full Djinn Equip to match a pure-blood Fanalis, it only makes Titus's OMG I AM SO SCARED OF THOSE THREE extremely hilarious.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 21:35   Link #874
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

He could be scared because of their Djinn special abilities. Escpecially that Shax guy, I expect Shax has some kind of trickster/mind-control type ability ( due to his Ars Goetia origin )
Old 2012-12-22, 22:09   Link #875
Pacify

awesome chapter, this arc just keeps getting better and better

unfortunately i very much doubt we will be seeing any Mor for quite some time . I also think next chapter is likely to be alibaba training. should be good!

Last edited by Pacify; 2012-12-23 at 00:13.
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 22:21   Link #876
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
He could be scared because of their Djinn special abilities. Escpecially that Shax guy, I expect Shax has some kind of trickster/mind-control type ability ( due to his Ars Goetia origin )
I'm just saying that the pure brute strength of a Fanalis, while a force to be feared, is also over-stated in the context of metal vessel users.

In the hands in a highly skilled combatant, a weapon equip should be more than sufficient to match a Fanalis, much less a Full-Djinn Equip that literally transforms the person into a high-level war potential.

Unless, of course, every single Fanalis is as good as Masrur... but until proven otherwise, I'd say Masrur is an exception, not the rule.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 02:11   Link #877
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Lol @ karatekidMorusan

Old 2012-12-23, 03:23   Link #878
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm just saying that the pure brute strength of a Fanalis, while a force to be feared, is also over-stated in the context of metal vessel users.

In the hands in a highly skilled combatant, a weapon equip should be more than sufficient to match a Fanalis, much less a Full-Djinn Equip that literally transforms the person into a high-level war potential.

Unless, of course, every single Fanalis is as good as Masrur... but until proven otherwise, I'd say Masrur is an exception, not the rule.
Masrur himself still cannot match a full Djinn-equipped Metal User...compare Kougyoku to Masrur
Old 2012-12-23, 07:51   Link #879
Finre

İ believe Masrur is stronger than those Fanalis Corps unit İncluding Mu's sister and the Scar guy but not stronger than Mu himself.
Finre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 08:47   Link #880
shalala

Well for all we know Sinbad and co may just well end up in Magnoshutatt seeing how he was going to Laem to meet with lady magi and as both Kou and Laem will be fighting over Magnoshutatt. So we may be able to see Masrur fight the Laem coups. He most likely will be up against Rohroh.

I wonder what metal users will be partaking in this war as so far Kouha Ren seems to be the first one.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen