AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 06:15   Link #321
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa it's been two years since this forum been updated.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:40   Link #322
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

A definite must-read from Akamatsu's canon.
Old 2009-05-19, 06:54   Link #323
KimmyChan

It's an absolute manga classic! I love it! I am wishing that I never got rid of it after I read it though

I had all 14 volumes of this...May have to re-buy them all again & not get rid of them this time round
Old 2009-05-19, 08:12   Link #324
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
A definite must-read from Akamatsu's canon.
Yup you see some Love Hina references in Negima too and wonder if its them.

Namely Setsuna's school Shinmeryuu with a blurred Motoko and Tsuruko in her childhood. (Probably before Motoko ran.)

Haitani appeared and his Van got flipped by Negi.

Seta was a spectator of Kotaro during the Budokan.

And most blatantly is Mei, who could be the stepsister of Naru.

Though I'd dlike to see Sara and Ema expy as well. Sara did mention Seta beat a Dark Organization at Pararakerusu and obtaining a magic shovel. (Pactio artifact?)
Old 2009-05-19, 11:41   Link #325
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Any Mutsumi references on Negima? Dropped Negima and LH manga because of the censorship on the licensed manga.
Old 2009-05-19, 11:58   Link #326
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

LH was the first series I collected. It rambled, derailed, and I got really tired of the "lets beat Keitaro" schtick - but there are arcs and characters I still highly prize (e.g. the Motoko arc, etc). I'd still recommend it as an early read for someone just starting out in manga -- or as a classic read for someone who wants to see where present day manga tropes evolved from (along with Maisson Ikkoku and a few others).

Many people who diss the series I find don't realize its age.

Mutsumi's personality translation into Negima comes out in several characters (you can pretty much map many of the Negima characters back to a particular LH character).

There hasn't been much/any "censorship" of the art in Negima (other than the shrinkwrap "controversy" when it started) ... there *has* been a small amount of dialog sterilization though.

I've never compared the TP version of LH with its japanese original. Was there any art censorship of significance?
Old 2009-05-19, 12:05   Link #327
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There was once an image posted in 4chan long ago comparing the LH and Negima licensed version where the bubble speech was in certain areas which are for fanservice. And yes I recall a Negima character who resembles Mutsumi.

I really like LH, though dropped the manga, but I didn't dropped the anime. The manga is a great read for new and old I also recommend it to others, but I don't tell there's editing done in some parts. Language and grammar revision to make it readable for the general public is ok on my part.
Old 2009-05-19, 12:39   Link #328
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah so theres no censoring or anything? (God damnit, I'm the one who bumped this and my post is the last one on the previous page )
Old 2009-05-19, 20:58   Link #329
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not going to say there's *no* censoring... only nothing that really stood out for me over 21 volumes so far (in Negima). The speech bubble technique I hadn't really considered though (more often I thought it was a case of fitting english dialog into the bubble). For Negima, they've resorted to shrinkwrap of any particular volume that made the publisher extra nervous. I found that hilarious since these are mostly "14 yr old girls" though 3/4 of them look and act over 18 at the least. Maybe thats a moral lesson about checking ID cards when chatting up girls
Old 2009-05-19, 23:32   Link #330
Alchemist007
*Author

er....Negima?
Old 2009-05-19, 23:51   Link #331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mahou Sensei Negima, Akamatsu's work after Love Hina.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:14   Link #332
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Though I'd dlike to see Sara and Ema expy as well. Sara did mention Seta beat a Dark Organization at Pararakerusu and obtaining a magic shovel. (Pactio artifact?)
It's fine if the mangas use the same type of material/moves or have cameos, but I would not like any of Love Hina's characters actually getting involved in the manga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
er....Negima?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Mahou Sensei Negima, Akamatsu's work after Love Hina.
Though if you liked Love Hina, I would suggest A.I.Love You, not Negima... Although the art is similar (evolved?), it isn't a love-comedy and is pretty much just a long basic shonen series with one shota and lots of girls...
Like the posts near the top, definitely suggest reading Love Hina (and A.I.Love You), but Negima... Well.............................................. ................ *cough*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-20, 00:16   Link #333
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Aye. I've stopped collecting the volumes after it's clear that Shounen Magazine wants SJ-style hit series.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:52   Link #334
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's fine if the mangas use the same type of material/moves or have cameos, but I would not like any of Love Hina's characters actually getting involved in the manga...

Though if you liked Love Hina, I would suggest A.I.Love You, not Negima... Although the art is similar (evolved?), it isn't a love-comedy and is pretty much just a long basic shonen series with one shota and lots of girls...
Like the posts near the top, definitely suggest reading Love Hina (and A.I.Love You), but Negima... Well.............................................. ................ *cough*
Volume 6 and 7 is where Cynthia McDougal appear.

It is speculated that she and Sara are related.
Old 2009-05-20, 05:55   Link #335
KimmyChan

My favourite Love Hina girl in the series will always be the brilliant and feisty Naru
Old 2009-05-20, 14:45   Link #336
Alchemist007
*Author

Well its nice to know the manga has some more maturity. I think it was always a turn off for me to have useless excessive violence (having only seen a couple random eps of the anime).
Old 2009-05-21, 00:32   Link #337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, Negima is running me ragged with all the "shounen" (sorry, but for a long time I thought "fighting stories" were the entirety of anime and they put me to sleep for the most part. Romance, drama, and comedy got me to look twice) I knew the action was going to be part of the story... but not take up whole volumes :P

A.I. isn't too bad though I felt he could have wrapped the story up a bit faster for the plot line it had. I also had to just put on my fantasy lens and lock the AI/engineer/software demons in the closet of my brain. They kept screaming disbelief.
Old 2009-05-21, 03:00   Link #338
KimmyChan

I'm not usually a huge fan of "Harem" manga but I make a huge exception for the wonderful Love Hime
Old 2010-08-20, 20:58   Link #339
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6204.html
There is going to be a special chapter for Love Hina (not really sure when though).
Very awesome... Now if Akamatsu would give up Negima and come back to Love Hina full time...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-20, 22:14   Link #340
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Now if Akamatsu would give up Negima and come back to Love Hina full time...
But where would he take the story though? Unless Naru gets hit by a truck and Motoko and Shinobu fight to win the newly widowed Keitaro's heart, I'm not interested

Tags
comedy, harem