AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-08-19, 07:19   Link #2101
csuree
The Most Hated™

killing the walkers is one thing but am I the only one thinking that there must always be a lich king?...err i mean night king?
Old 2017-08-20, 21:14   Link #2102
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
killing the walkers is one thing but am I the only one thinking that there must always be a lich king?...err i mean night king?
it seems not the case, killing a white walker also destroys all his undead. and killing the night king will kill them all.
Old 2017-08-21, 09:49   Link #2103
grecefar

it was weird to see the ice lance explode when it hit the dragon.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 10:02   Link #2104
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it was weird to see the ice lance explode when it hit the dragon.
The only way to explain it is that the lance hit one of the Dragon's inner sac that fuels his fire or something like that. Which proved fatal. It turned his fire against him and burned him internally. Which made him unable to stay in the air and resulted in the fall that quickened his death even more.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 10:18   Link #2105
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Arya is rather unlikeable in this episode as she accused her sister of betraying her family and did nothing when their father was killed despite the fact she was forced to write the letter by Cersei in order to save their father and she pleaded with Joffrey to stop when he executed Ned.

And then there's her logic that Sansa not punishing the lords badmouthing Jon is proof she's planning to take control of Winterfell from Jon despite the fact Sansa rightfully point outs that these same lords are the reason Winterfell was retaken and the North needs this army for the coming war with the White Walkers.
Old 2017-08-21, 10:27   Link #2106
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Arya is rather unlikeable in this episode as she accused her sister of betraying her family and did nothing when their father was killed despite the fact she was forced to write the letter by Cersei in order to save their father and she pleaded with Joffrey to stop when he executed Ned.

And then there's her logic that Sansa not punishing the lords badmouthing Jon is proof she's planning to take control of Winterfell from Jon despite the fact Sansa rightfully point outs that these same lords are the reason Winterfell was retaken and the North needs this army for the coming war with the White Walkers.
Nah I actually believe Arya was there to show Sansa what the consequence will be if she ever betray Jon and their family again. For all her talk of not trusting Littlefinger Sansa still confides in him and that is something Arya has noticed. Also remember she has the ability to read people and Sansa may support Jon but the thought of ruling the North is there deep down in her mind nonetheless and that worries Arya. Sansa and Arya never got along since they were kids. I think this video sums up what I think on why Arya was acting like this.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2017-08-21, 12:42   Link #2107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Which one of the dragons was killed? (Drogon is the only one I can pick out). The Night King is too hax, killing a dragon by throwing a single ice spear. But I guess he needs to be that strong to be a threat, since his death would mean the destruction of his entire army. Good thing he lacks the ability to teleport like the others, or everything would have been over a long time ago.

I'm very excited about the next episode, assuming they keep this fast pace and we get to see the negotiations with Cersei. Hopefully there is still one shard of sanity left in her and she will agree to a ceasefire and an alliance against the dead. It'd be interesting to see enemies be forced to work together, perhaps some of them might even bond a bit (like what's happened on a smaller scale with Jon and his party), only for them to resume trying to kill each other once the dead are gone.
Old 2017-08-21, 12:53   Link #2108
csuree
The Most Hated™

Viserion was the one to die (the green one).
I feel sad about it, but they needed to even the odds. the living have strong weapons off mass destruction while the undead have only numbers, now they have a dragon..so they balanced it out, but i think thatSindragosa- oops Viserion is now stronger than Drogon and Rhaegal together, since the turned creatures experienced a boost in power, and realistically another dragon might die before the Lich king--err night king is defeated.

Hell GeorgeR.R.Martin copied all this shit from Warcraft lore most likely. Night king= Lich king, Viserion = Sindragosa, dead in the north = northrend - icecrown.
Old 2017-08-21, 13:03   Link #2109
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^Rhaegal is the green one. Viserion is the Cream colored Dragon. Not that you can tell the colors with all three dragons in the show but it's long been speculated that Viserion is the one to die while Jon will ride Rhaegal because he's named after Jon's father.

Old 2017-08-21, 14:25   Link #2110
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which one of the dragons was killed? (Drogon is the only one I can pick out). The Night King is too hax, killing a dragon by throwing a single ice spear. But I guess he needs to be that strong to be a threat, since his death would mean the destruction of his entire army. Good thing he lacks the ability to teleport like the others, or everything would have been over a long time ago.
Jon Snow going to Dragonstone def seemed a bit TOO fast, but I imagine that if a raven was immediately sent the prior night, and Dany rode her dragons, which should be decently faster than ships, its not too far-fetched she got there quickly(though obviously, her arrival was unrealistically timed for dramatics). Least that's the explanation I came up with.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 20:28   Link #2111
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

The Lich King now has a Frost Dragon. We Warcraft now boys
Oh man this is getting intense. Next is the last episode right? Should be one hell of an episode.
Old 2017-08-21, 22:52   Link #2112
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Hell GeorgeR.R.Martin copied all this shit from Warcraft lore most likely. Night king= Lich king, Viserion = Sindragosa, dead in the north = northrend - icecrown.
The undead in the north appeared right from the beginning of Book 1, which was released in 1996.
Night's King was first mentioned in Book 3, which was released in 2000.
The frost dragon is TV show only (for now at least).
Old 2017-08-23, 05:32   Link #2113
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2017-08-27, 21:30   Link #2114
cyberdemon

well now we know the truth

Spoiler for Jon Snow:
Old 2017-08-27, 23:01   Link #2115
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Boatsexxxx
Old 2017-08-27, 23:15   Link #2116
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Glad they got Littlefinger. I figured he'd get put into a corner, but ya'll had me hoodwinked that he would succeed in splitting Arya and Sansa into an internal conflict. Wish I could feel bad for 'im, but naw, he had this coming a LONG time ago.

The Jon/Dany relationship still feels kinda odd to me. Honestly, I just don't see the "staring at Dany lovingly" that Tyrion spoke of a few eps ago. And I see Dany as a woman a lot less since her decision to sail across the sea(same as Cersei), so Jon visiting her room like that feels somewhat "outta nowhere" for me. But I guess with him officially being revealed being a Targaryen, it makes a lot of sense. Still feels odd though =01....

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 23:34   Link #2117
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The Jon/Dany relationship still feels kinda odd to me. Honestly, I just don't see the "staring at Dany lovingly" that Tyrion spoke of a few eps ago. And I see Dany as a woman a lot less since her decision to sail across the sea(same as Cersei), so Jon visiting her room like that feels somewhat "outta nowhere" for me. But I guess with him officially being revealed being a Targaryen, it makes a lot of sense. Still feels odd though =01....
I agree. I feel like its a problem of the pacing. The show used to take its time with its characters to develop them and their relationships. Heck some of the best scenes in the show have nothing to do with advancing the plot but just having characters talking about their own lives; Heck this includes some of the best scenes that didn't come from the books. But the show has been picking up the pace, trying to get the story done quicker and those little character interactions are what were lost. There are probably countless conversations that Jon and Dany could have had about their lives which would have not only been endearing not only to us, but also for each other. The two probably have enough values in common that they could indeed fall for each other. It would have made the development of their relationship a lot stronger.
Old 2017-08-27, 23:35   Link #2118
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Epicboatsex

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2017-08-28 at 04:20.
Old 2017-08-27, 23:36   Link #2119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well now we know the truth

Spoiler for Jon Snow:
So what they said was true...."you know nothing Jon Snow."

(old meme is old I suppose)
Old 2017-08-28, 00:16   Link #2120
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
The undead in the north appeared right from the beginning of Book 1, which was released in 1996.
Night's King was first mentioned in Book 3, which was released in 2000.
The frost dragon is TV show only (for now at least).
lets be fair, to say Martin copied Warcraft for ASOIAF Is selling him short. I can play the smartass and say Blizzard C&Ped Warhammer Fantasy.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo