AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-24, 16:57   Link #1441
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
See, this is the part that confuses me. So many people are saying this, but what are people even basing this off? Feels to me like people are just projecting their own biases on the fat kid.
People base it on watching their interactions, like when Futoshi forced the promise.

Quote:
Remember kids, it's okay to be antisocial, rude, and a general dick to people, as well as blaming others for your own shortcomings, as long as you have something to be angsty about.
This is what I mean, paying attention to whats going on and not just going by your first impressions (projecting your own bias as you put it).

Quote:
I also find it quite remarkable that nobody takes note of the fact that Futoshi was better at piloting Chlorophytum than Mitsuru ever was. And this is right after having his heart broken.
Odds are that Mitsuru is better at piloting Genista than Futoshi ever was as well, but we have to get past the angry screeching first to be able to discuss it.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 17:22   Link #1442
Twi

Quote:
I also find it quite remarkable that nobody takes note of the fact that Futoshi was better at piloting Chlorophytum than Mitsuru ever was. And this is right after having his heart broken.
I pointed that out as well earlier. It's probably because of Futoshi's mindset and Ikuno's reluctance with Mitsuru. It's made pretty clear that Mitsuru and Ikuno really can't stand each other beyond merely piloting. Mitsuru needed someone he could be more open with and Kokoro has been there with him during most of his times of weakness, whereas Futoshi being in love with Kokoro meant he'd be more reluctant to do half the things he did with Ikuno and didn't hesitate to tell Ikuno to loosen up so he could move easier. Alternatively, Chlorophytum just has a better configuration suited to him.

I mean, did you see that sweet combo at the end. I can't see Kokoro's mech being able to do that.
Old 2018-03-24, 17:24   Link #1443
Azurial

Haha poor Futoshi XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 17:40   Link #1444
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Did Kokoro ask to be protected? None of the other guys are going "Hey I protected you today." He threw that fact into her face.
He did not "throw that fact into her face". He was in love. He was overenthusiastic. He had severely hampered social cue reading skills which led him to misinterpret Kokoro's responses as endorsements (the fact that Kokoro's the kind of person who is too polite to ever state her mind outright didn't help).

It was a misunderstanding. No one was at fault, no one did anything bad. If someone did, it was Kokoro, who promised something she didn't have any intention to do, out of her excessive sense of politeness, but given the circumstances, it's a forgivable mistake.

I wouldn't get so miffed about this if I didn't get the impression that people then apply this sort of horrible unforgiving logic to real life as well. It's toxic as fuck, and grabbing a couple words here and there from some feminist theory post on Tumblr without understanding what they mean and using them to dress it up doesn't make it better. It's just being mean, having double standards, and expecting humans to be perfect robots when it suits you, except you also pretend to have the moral high ground.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 17:44   Link #1445
Kazu-kun

It really is no one's fault. So I will support Kokoro and Mitsuru. Having mutual feelings is pretty rare in this environment (note pretty much everyone else bears unrequited feelings). It's way too precious so I want to see it develop further and have some sort of payoff.
Old 2018-03-24, 17:53   Link #1446
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It really is no one's fault. So I will support Kokoro and Mitsuru. Having mutual feelings is pretty rare in this environment (note pretty much everyone else bears unrequited feelings). It's way too precious so I want to see it develop further and have some sort of payoff.
I mean, I am highly sceptical of Mitsuru, but maybe he's actually going to improve, who knows. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I'm mostly sorry for Ikuno .

Old 2018-03-24, 17:56   Link #1447
_Ninja_

Quote:
See, this is the part that confuses me. So many people are saying this, but what are people even basing this off? Feels to me like people are just projecting their own biases on the fat kid.
Maybe he is just a naive dufus. But you would expect someone truly interested in another to pick up on the nuance of who they are. Kokoro is always playing nice, always avoiding conflict, afraid to hurt anyone's feelings, afraid to speak her mind and would rather just play along. Futoshi never understood that. And it culminated in him putting her on the spot in unintentionally aggressive smothering fashion in the worst way possible if he wanted her true feelings given her personality. It is her failing that she wasn't able to have an honest conversation and instead chose to not hurt his feelings but it is his failing not understanding that you don't pressure someone to such a commitment, especially someone so agreeable.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 17:58   Link #1448
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Meanwhile, I'm mostly sorry for Ikuno .
She has double bad luck. First the girl she has the hots for is one of the haremettes orbiting the MC (it's very rare to get together with one of those if you aren't the MC). Second, this doesn't seem the sort of show that would allow non-traditional pairings to begin with.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:03   Link #1449
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
But you would expect someone truly interested in another to pick up on the nuance of who they are.
They are:

1) literally teenagers
2) grown up into an environment where they can't pick up social cues or emotional intelligence because the adults have neither

I feel like you may be expecting a bit too much from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She has double bad luck. First the girl she has the hots for is one of the haremettes orbiting the MC (you can never get together with one of those if you aren't the MC). Second, this doesn't seem the sort of show that would allow non-traditional pairings to begin with (one of the weakest aspect of this show along with its very generic foundation).
Mostly, the problem is it would need to introduce new characters for that to work. I don't know if it goes to the point of being opposed to gay pairings (explicit ones, sure, but I'll bet there are going to be no explicit pairings at all by the end anyway, just hints). I am afraid we'll be stuck with the cast we have, unless the second cour has a change of setting of some sort.

Old 2018-03-24, 18:04   Link #1450
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

I mean, did you see that sweet combo at the end. I can't see Kokoro's mech being able to do that.
Kokoro's mech looks tanky. I'd imagine her being placed on a hill somewhere firing rounds at the enemy. Or like what she did in this episode...getting up close and personal and blowing a big hole in the creature.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:07   Link #1451
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'll bet there are going to be no explicit pairings at all by the end anyway, just hints
I actually think it's gonna be the other around. They're putting way too much emphasis in the romantic development of these characters. There's gonna be some explicit pairings at the end. Maybe not many of them but I expect at least two or so.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:09   Link #1452
_Ninja_

Quote:
They are:
I feel like you may be expecting a bit too much from him.
Maybe. It seems like Zorome for example understands. And Miku as well when she suggests he's laying it real thick.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:11   Link #1453
Blueknight78

Quote:
Maybe he is just a naive dufus. But you would expect someone truly interested in another to pick up on the nuance of who they are. Kokoro is always playing nice, always avoiding conflict, afraid to hurt anyone's feelings, afraid to speak her mind and would rather just play along. Futoshi never understood that. And it culminated in him putting her on the spot in unintentionally aggressive smothering fashion in the worst way possible if he wanted her true feelings given her personality. It is her failing that she wasn't able to have an honest conversation and instead chose to not hurt his feelings but it is his failing not understanding that you don't pressure someone to such a commitment, especially someone so agreeable.
actually kokoro "know which she was hurting his feelings, she even told it, which she know what she did and she broke fatso heart and trust and doing that she was "bad", she know what she was doing and that is the problem instead of proper deal with it she choose to "silence" and accept anything until the end.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:14   Link #1454
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Maybe. It seems like Zorome for example understands. And Miku as well when she suggests he's laying it real thick.
Well, they're sort of developing on their own, but it's a trial-and-error thing. They're just beginning to understand what "falling in love" means. They didn't even have a name for it. Zorome and Miku though seem to be growing up quicker than some of the others.

Old 2018-03-24, 18:19   Link #1455
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
actually kokoro "know which she was hurting his feelings, she even told it, which she know what she did and she broke fatso heart and trust and doing that she was "bad", she know what she was doing and that is the problem instead of proper deal with it she choose to "silence" and accept anything until the end.
Well of course she ended up hurting his feelings in the end and knows it. But I would say she worked up to it when she learned switching was even an option.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:24   Link #1456
Blueknight78

Quote:
Well of course she ended up hurting his feelings in the end and knows it. But I would say she worked up to it when she learned switching was even an option.
the Switch" option come just after he asked her the promise" and instead of really "work on it" she keep silence that was the problem of her side, she had more than enough time to "work" and do something but she ultimate don't did anything which lead to the crap which happened and she regreted her "choice", that is the point "she is not perfect" neither the nice girl as peoples guessed" and she can do mistake and bad things" as any of them or even as mitsuru which currently is the "problem guy" in the group.

One of the things which that episode addressed was exactly the "perfect image" issue which peoples like to create toward others peoples, mitsuru as ichigo have a "perfect image vision of hiro" as he is the most cool and best person in the world which never gonna betryal him which is your "best buddy forever, which don't really exist, peoples are fated to do mistakes and many times fail to expectations and that is what kokoro showed to mitsuru, which no matter "how perfect is the image" we create the "real person will not live to that expectation and will do mistakes and we learn to deal with it.
Old 2018-03-24, 18:44   Link #1457
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought it was wrong of Kokoro to break her promise so readily, without even trying to talk to Futoshi first, but I understand her reasons for wanting to change partners and she acknowledges her own faults so I have no reason to dislike her. At least she isn't a hypocrite. As for Futoshi, he didn't really do anything wrong. Just a teenager with an unrequited love.

The new pairings seem like they're going to work pretty well. Kokoro's decision will end up being beneficial to the team.

Rather intrigued by Mitsuru's flashback. Like others, I'm guessing Hiro met with Zero Two and lost some of his memories.
Old 2018-03-24, 19:03   Link #1458
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well at least I don't feel like I'm alone in not seeing a reason to hate anything that Futoshi did. Just a few things.

Quote:
Did Kokoro ask to be protected? None of the other guys are going "Hey I protected you today." He threw that fact into her face.

She's Futoshi's partner and the mecha. He needed to trust her as his equal and not go out of his way to "protect" her. It's okay to watch someone's back which is different from what he is doing.
You're the one putting the word protect in quotation marks. You're adding subtext where there is none, or at the very least, you're adding the wrong kind of subtext. He was in love with her so of course he wanted to impress her. These are completely normal and ordinary courting practices which happen absolutely everywhere. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Nobody is angry at Kokoro for not reciprocating, not even Futoshi. He is heartbroken, not resentful. The things she does wrong is A) encourage his behavior when she is not interested, and B) making promises with no intent of keeping them. No matter how you slice it, this is wrong. And Kokoro is a lot better at acknowledging her flaws than you are.

Quote:
Mitsuru had a toxic partner and was not doing well there. He was moved into a more positive environment and had better sync and almost blew that monster in 2. Futoshi didn't have problems with Ikuno and did well there. Ikuno is probably also under the gun now that they know that it was a working environment issue.
....Toxic partner? What has Ikuno ever done to Mitsuru? Snark at him a few times? Come on, Mitsuru constantly treated her like crap for no reason and blamed her for his own shortcomings. Surely Ikuno is allowed to be cynical.

...Trying to justify Mitsuru being a shitty pilot by blaming his partner? At least the guy himself is better at acknowledging that he is the weakest link, although it comes a bit late in the game.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 19:16   Link #1459
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Hah , nowadays people lower the NTR bar too much ...

Anyways , Futoshi is being possessive and Kokoro can't speak out her mind is really those arranged marriage between big family , we all know Kokoro have a thing for Mitsuru and now she have the courage to speak it out and Futoshi learned to let Kokoro go , it kinda like a kid grow up into adult .

Mitsuru doesn't trust other which cause him having problem with Ikuno , that understandable , people hurt everytime because of promise and betrayal . But he is gay for Hiro wtf

And so that is why O2 said Ikuno have secret taste , she is a lesbian and i think she won't let her guilt go easy unlike Mitsuru .

I think the Klaxxosaur is trying to protect something that human suppose not to obtain ....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 19:39   Link #1460
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hm a lot better episode than late but 02 still acting weird/distant towards Hiro.