Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 15:04   Link #21
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica
This chapter made me see yet again why this manga is so average. I mean come on, how simple is it to always make the girl the worst of the gang. She didn't even do anything impressive.
rofl dont always be too quick to judge, just wait and see, I think something should happen....I hope.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:10   Link #22
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I thought this chapter was alright. If anything, we are seeing the developement of Kakashi into who he is later on in life.
Have a bit of respect for Obito now. He doesn't seem that weak at all. (At least when compared to Rin...)
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:41   Link #23
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
I just realized, on the second page, Kakashi's mask is off. Once again we don't get to see his face. Oh Kishimoto you are evil

the 3 walking on water looked pretty cool.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:41   Link #24
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Still, almost all of the female ninjas are useless, with the two exceptions of Tsunade and Temari. Incidentally, my mom doesn't let my sister watch Naruto because she thinks it's sexist, how the girls always revolve around a guy (*cough* Sakura *cough*) and then get beat up and can't defend themselves at all. I sorta agree. The main function of the female in Naruto is to obsess about the guys, and then get kidnapped and/or saved. Additionally, they'll go into a supporting (read:healing) role--incidentally, the very strongest woman in the Naruto-verse is the epitome of the supporting and healing role.
Personally I get a bit tired of the unrealistic portrayals of women.

I'd say naruto is refreshing in the aspect. Not all women are valkyrie superdikes. In fact most are not.

In real life, men are the expendable types designed for fighting and dying.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:53   Link #25
CyberPunk

great chapter. i'm really liking this gaiden. all i can say is that the issue obito dies is gonna be sad as fuck.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 15:55   Link #26
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

awesome gaiden!!!!!!!!!!
chhayalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:14   Link #27
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Personally I get a bit tired of the unrealistic portrayals of women.

I'd say naruto is refreshing in the aspect. Not all women are valkyrie superdikes. In fact most are not.

If you're talking about taijutsu then you're correct, but there should be no reason why women would be worse at ninjutsu or genjutsu, nor a reason why they would have worse stealth or judgement skills. Women would have slightly less chakra on average because of the stamina-component, but that's it. There'd be nothing to really explain why the great majority of the females ninjas so far are useless and/or crybabies. I could understand why the great majority of ninjas here are male, just not that the few females there are appear so weak.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:16   Link #28
Zek
Eyebrows...

It only makes sense that all the female ninjas in Konoha are worthless. They're taught how to arrange flowers in the academy ffs...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:26   Link #29
Last of the Uchiha

I only hope that this gaiden last at least 12 more chapter. Onegai, Kishimotosama, onegai.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:29   Link #30
someone1011

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH~!~! you've got guts! It's the truth but no one is willing to state that fact
someone1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 16:37   Link #31
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Im pretty sure after this chapter they are older then Naruto Sasuke and Sakura.

I had my doubts first but they are definitly 14~15.

It's close tho, Kakashi is now 27 - (at least) 12 years = 15, most likely 14 then since I don't think Konoha was at war at the time the Kyubi appeared. Offcourse this current war could be over pretty fast. It could go either way.

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious that Obito Kakashi and Rin are drawn a tad older then the current team 7.
Old 2004-12-02, 16:40   Link #32
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Obito is soo cool. And his Goukakyu was pretty big

I like the gaiden more and more by each chapter.
Old 2004-12-02, 16:46   Link #33
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
If you're talking about taijutsu then you're correct, but there should be no reason why women would be worse at ninjutsu or genjutsu, nor a reason why they would have worse stealth or judgement skills. Women would have slightly less chakra on average because of the stamina-component, but that's it. There'd be nothing to really explain why the great majority of the females ninjas so far are useless and/or crybabies. I could understand why the great majority of ninjas here are male, just not that the few females there are appear so weak.
Hrm, actually they stated that Sakura was better at chakura control when performing ninjutu than either sasuke or naruto. They are stronger fighters with more stamina, but they are not as good at control as she is. They made that pretty clear. (they will be able to perform jutu's that require tons of stamina or power, she will be able to do ones which require precision and accuracy)

Also she *is* better than them at genjutsu.

I havent seen anything to suggest they have worse stealth or judgement at all.
(the characters with the worst judgement seem to be male, and Tsunade seems to have the best perhaps)

I would say the show is pretty fair and realistic about that. I guess you wont be happy unless wonder-kunoichi shows up and beats down the chauvinistic male ninja's from the village of the hidden pig.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:00   Link #34
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Actually Animizzle the last war ended only 10 years ago when Hinata was 3.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:04   Link #35
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Genei Killua
Actually it is ironic on itself that you can understand the female's to be worse at taijutsu while the physically strongest person in the series is a female.

Naruto is not that unbalanced,
Strong woman:
Kurenai
Ten Ten
Hinata (Yes I consider ten ten and Hinata "strong" that is to say they are only genin's but both are full of potential, the fact that they don't take down the likes of Kabuto is simply because they are not the main characters.)
Shizune
Tsunade
Temari
Tatuya
Anko

Weak woman however,
Sakura(getting better)
Ino (since she drawed against Sakura )

Honestly the percentage of weak vs. strong under the woman is far in favor of the strong woman.
There are just more men, but also more weak men.

I believe the idea you get about woman being just crybabies is solely Sakura's doing. She get's the most airtime of all the girls in the series. And does little more then crying, pampering Sasuke, putting flowes in a vase, and practically being weak.

Other then that, it's cool you stand up for woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Actually Animizzle the last war ended only 10 years ago when Hinata was 3.
Are you sure it was the same war as the one currently seen in Kakashi gaiden?

It could be a new war. It just struck me odd that Konoha was in the midst of a war when Kyubi appeared, they lost countless men, including their Hokage, and still didn't lose the war.
Old 2004-12-02, 17:06   Link #36
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
Also she *is* better than them at genjutsu.
Based on what we know so far, that's nonsense. The only skill she's shown at it is when she uses the dispell technique, but that can probably only work so far. Meanwhile, Sasuke has the sharingan, which allows him to see through any genjutsu she or any other ninja (barring Itachi) could muster. Therefore, if I were going to say who I think is better and ultimately will be better at genjutsu, the answer from both would be Sasuke.

Quote:
I would say the show is pretty fair and realistic about that. I guess you wont be happy unless wonder-kunoichi shows up and beats down the chauvinistic male ninja's from the village of the hidden pig.
No, I'd be happy if half of times we see a girl in a fight (read:Sakura) she doesn't freeze up, scream out Sasuke's name, and let others defend her. It is almost always the case that the girl sits in the background and gets hurt or kidnapped or something, and then the guy rescues her. For crap's sake, if you're going to be a ninja, don't let everybody else defend you. Defend yourself. I have nothing wrong with most girls being defenseless against most guys because that's the way of the world, but these girls are supposed to be ninjas... ya know... trained in assassination and murder. You'd think someone like Sakura would have a bit more courage.
Old 2004-12-02, 17:17   Link #37
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Are you sure it was the same war as the one currently seen in Kakashi gaiden?

It could be a new war. It just struck me odd that Konoha was in the midst of a war when Kyubi appeared, they lost countless men, including their Hokage, and still didn't lose the war.
Well it's not really about same war or not, it just seems that the hidden villages were at war with each other about all the time until recently.
But anyway it was said that the cloud village was warring with Konoha for many years before they signed the alliance treaty.

The attack of the Kyubi probably badly weakened Konoha, as Orochimaru's attack or as the current situation of the Gaiden.
Weakened but strong enough not to be annihilated.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:41   Link #38
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Based on what we know so far, that's nonsense. The only skill she's shown at it is when she uses the dispell technique, but that can probably only work so far. Meanwhile, Sasuke has the sharingan, which allows him to see through any genjutsu she or any other ninja (barring Itachi) could muster. Therefore, if I were going to say who I think is better and ultimately will be better at genjutsu, the answer from both would be Sasuke.

Umm... it has been said in the manga that Sakura is a natural for genjutsu. Sasuke has shown nothing that would suggest he is good at genjutsu. No one has said he is... he has not used any genjutsu moves... nothing.

He only saw through genjutsu... but that does not mean that he is good at genjutsu.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 17:54   Link #39
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I think he's refering to sasuke's bloodline genjutsu dude. As far as we know that is the strongest illusion jutsu that exists. Of course that is....when and if he gets it.
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 18:27   Link #40
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Genei Killua
Actually it is ironic on itself that you can understand the female's to be worse at taijutsu while the physically strongest person in the series is a female.
I'm drawing that out of more real-world data, which says that men are mostly physically stronger, and have more brain matter dedicated to physical movement.
Quote:
Naruto is not that unbalanced,
Strong woman:
Kurenai
Ten Ten
Hinata (Yes I consider ten ten and Hinata "strong" that is to say they are only genin's but both are full of potential, the fact that they don't take down the likes of Kabuto is simply because they are not the main characters.)
Shizune
Tsunade
Temari
Tatuya
Anko

Weak woman however,
Sakura(getting better)
Ino (since she drawed against Sakura )
Well, I Kurenai seems to be the weakest of the jounins, and Anko gets owned by Orochimaru. Tenten is the weakest of her team. Hinata is the weakest of her team. Shizune gets owned by Kabuto. Hm, I guess there are more strong females than just Tsunade and Temari... but it's like whenever they show fights, it's always the girls who lose.

Lol, there've only been a few fights that girls won, and there's only been one fight when a girl actually beat a guy, and that was when Tsunade beat Orochimaru, and that's it. And what did the author decide to make Tsunade's most distinguishing feature? What do fans best remember her by? Her strength? Her medical ability? S(o)meH(o)w I don't think so. Oh, and what else has the author taught the youth of Japan about Konoha's strongest female, that someone so powerful and such an icon for the girl ninjas is so obsessed about her looks that she uses a special jutsu to deceive others about her true age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Umm... it has been said in the manga that Sakura is a natural for genjutsu. Sasuke has shown nothing that would suggest he is good at genjutsu. No one has said he is... he has not used any genjutsu moves... nothing.

He only saw through genjutsu... but that does not mean that he is good at genjutsu.
Sasuke has done genjutsu (basic bunshin), and probably done it to better effect than Sakura ever has. The extent of Sakura's skill so far is to do the dispelling technique, which is a greatly inferior version of Sasuke's sharingan. Moreover, Sasuke will learn the basic genjutsu techniques inherent to the sharingan. Sakura will never be greater than Sasuke there--it's in his blood.

As to Sakura being a natural... it's sorta like this. Sasuke takes a ninja test, and he scores a one hundred in everything--ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu. No one would single out his genjutsu abilities--they'd just say he's a genius, which is what they've done in the manga. Sakura takes the same test, scores 50 in ninjutsu and taijutsu, and an 80 in genjutsu. Therefore one might say she's a natural there, but she's still inferior.

Last edited by Genei Killua; 2004-12-02 at 19:46.